PDA

View Full Version : 2015 MINOR LEAGUE AWARD WINNERS

rico43
09-26-2015, 06:09 AM
Missed this information earlier this month. Apologize if someone else posted. (I miss thethe).

The Atlanta Braves announced its 2015 minor league players and pitchers of the year. The honorees will be recognized Saturday, September 19 at Turner Field in Atlanta. Tyrell Jenkins and Mallex Smith were named pitcher and player of the year for the Braves organization as a whole.

Jenkins, 22, split time between Double-A and Triple-A this season. With the G-Braves, he went 3-4 with a 3.57 ERA in nine starts. He was 5-5 with a 3.00 ERA in 16 starts for the M-Braves. Jenkins ranked fourth in the Braves system in ERA (3.19) and fifth in strikeouts (88). The Braves No. 12 prospect as ranked by Baseball America was named by the Braves organization as Mississippi's May Pitcher of the Month (3-1, 3.35 ERA in six starts). A native of Henderson, TX, Jenkins was acquired by the Braves as part of a trade with the Cardinals that sent Jason Heyward and Jordan Walden to St. Louis on November 17, 2014. He was originally selected by the Cardinals in the supplemental round (50th overall) of the 2010 draft.

Smith, 22, combined to hit .306 in 126 games between Triple-A and Double-A this season. With the G-Braves, Smith hit .281 in 69 games, posting his best numbers in August, .336. In Mississippi, Smith had a .340 average with nine extra-base hits, 22 RBI and 23 stolen bases through 57 games. The Braves No. 19 prospect as ranked byBaseball America led all Braves farmhands with 57 stolen bases and ranked fourth in batting average. The Southern League All-Star was named by the organization as Mississippi's May Player of the Month, hitting .347 in 26 games. Smith was acquired by the Braves via trade with the Padres along with several others in exchange for Justin Upton and Aaron Northcraft on December 19, 2014. He was originally selected by San Diego in the fifth round of the 2012 draft.

TRIPLE-A GWINNETT
Pitcher of the Year: Manny Banuelos
Player of the Year: Adonis Garcia

DOUBLE-A MISSISSIPPI
Pitcher of the Year: Victor Mateo
Player of the Year: Emerson Landoni

HIGH-A CAROLINA
Pitcher of the Year: Brandon Barker
Player of the Year: Connor Lien

LOW-A ROME
Pitcher of the Year: Sean Furney
Player of the Year: Ozhaino Albies

ROOKIE DANVILLE
Pitcher of the Year: Ryan Clark
Player of the Year: Austin Riley

ROOKIE GULF COAST LEAGUE
Pitcher of the Year: Evertz Orozco
Player of the Year: Jonathan Morales

DOMINICAN SUMMER LEAGUE
Pitcher of the Year: Ramon Taveras
Player of the Year: Randy Ventura

Coach_Chris
09-26-2015, 08:45 AM
Who votes on these? I am not hating them I am just curious on how they are chosen.

50PoundHead
09-26-2015, 10:47 AM
Who votes on these? I am not hating them I am just curious on how they are chosen.

I'm pretty sure it's done internally within the organization with no real criteria.

rico43
09-27-2015, 02:47 AM
I'm pretty sure it's done internally within the organization with no real criteria.

Correct.

Carp
09-27-2015, 05:54 AM
Wish we would have got Mallex and Jenks a cup of tee in the majors this September, but I understand 40 man situation. Still would have been nice to see them though.