PDA

View Full Version : Braves LDS Factoid

MadduxFanII
10-19-2015, 08:30 AM
From my friend Chris Jaffe over on Facebook:

Random fact about the Atlanta Braves franchise:
1) They have the record for most consecutive LDS won. They won the first five they took part in. No other team has won more than four straight. (Along the way, they won 10 straights games in LDS - also a record).
2) They have the record for most consecutive LDS lost. They've lost the last six LDSs they took part in.
Streaky.

2002 still hurts.

mqt
10-19-2015, 08:38 AM
2005 still hurts me the most, even if it was a Game 4.

MadduxFanII
10-19-2015, 08:41 AM
2005 still hurts me the most, even if it was a Game 4.

Smoltz had a particularly painful and poignant quote after that game, something like, "You know, I'm getting really tired of being on the losing side of classic games."

Millwood1Hitter
10-19-2015, 10:08 PM
Yep it pretty much was a given that we were going to the NLCS, until it wasn't.

I was absolutely shocked the way the Cards blasted us in 2000 and we haven't one a playoff series since then. Seemed like the ghost or infection settled in earlier and earlier starting after 96.

MadduxFanII
10-19-2015, 10:12 PM
Yep it pretty much was a given that we were going to the NLCS, until it wasn't.

I was absolutely shocked the way the Cards blasted us in 2000 and we haven't one a playoff series since then. Seemed like the ghost or infection settled in earlier and earlier starting after 96.

We won the LDS in 2001. Swept the Astros.

Millwood1Hitter
10-19-2015, 10:20 PM
We won the LDS in 2001. Swept the Astros.

Good point, forgot about that one. Ironic kinda since that team probably was one if not the worst during the streaks, got in the playoffs due to an awful division basically. Once again decimated by injuries to key players down the stretch, was saved by Julio and BJ and our finesse pitchers were no match for the power pitching duo of Arizona in the CS. Some good memories from that year, but still can't believe an organization like the Braves envisioned get production out of Rico Brogna, then Wes Helms, then the disaster at first base before thankfully getting something out of Julio in September.