PDA

View Full Version : Simmons

Hudson2
10-19-2015, 09:23 PM
If he were traded this offseason what would you expect in return? And what teams would be interested?

zitothebrave
10-19-2015, 09:56 PM
Return, I'd expect 3 top 10 prospects from the other team, 1 A rated, 1 B rated one C with high upside.

Ideally we'd get more but just playing realistic.

As far as who. Angels and Cardinals. Aybar is a poor man's Simmons on the last year of his deal, he could come back here with some cash in the deal, and we'd get back all their top pitching prospects. They lack anyone I'm really interested in. Aside from Trout of course, but ther'es no ****ing way in hell he's going anywhere. Cardinals are more interesting, they have guys we can take. Peralta was just really good for them, so they may not be willing to give up on him. But, if we could get Piscotty, Cooney and Weaver along with Peralta (who we'd hopefully be able to eat some money and send elsewhere) for Simmons we should do that. Piscotty (or Grichuk) are what we need, Corner OFs who can actually hit.

bravesfanforlife88
10-19-2015, 10:05 PM
If the Yankees called us I would ask for the moon. Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, and Ian Klarkin.

Get an OF with power, catcher with upside, and LHP. They get a jester replacement who has great range.

And they would politely tell us where to shove that offer.

zbhargrove
10-20-2015, 04:56 AM
If the Yankees called us I would ask for the moon. Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, and Ian Klarkin.

Get an OF with power, catcher with upside, and LHP. They get a jester replacement who has great range.

And they would politely tell us where to shove that offer.

Doubt that would happen. Gregorious really came on strong the second half of the year with a solid bat.

smootness
10-20-2015, 04:52 PM
It would take more than another team will likely be willing to offer for him. He's a guy who probably provides more value to the team he's on than his current value on the market.