PDA

View Full Version : First or one of the First Smart Things Obama Admin has Done

zitothebrave
08-12-2013, 09:04 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/12/politics/holder-mandatory-minimums/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

At least now maybe getting busted for having some pot on you won't potentially ruin your life. Only a matter of time til it becomes legalized.

ESP47
08-12-2013, 11:25 AM
Our phone calls are recorded, texts are gathered, our emails are all spied on and our passwords are next....but now we can have a little bit of weed on us and not have to worry about anything! Hooray for Obama! It's a classic "Pay no attention to whats going on behind the curtain....looksie what we have here in this hand. You guys get weed now!".

57Brave
08-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Our phone calls are recorded, texts are gathered, our emails are all spied on and our passwords are next....but now we can have a little bit of weed on us and not have to worry about anything! Hooray for Obama! It's a classic "Pay no attention to whats going on behind the curtain....looksie what we have here in this hand. You guys get weed now!".

Where were you in 2002 when the Patriot Act was enacted or in 2005 when extended NSA spying was first disclosed?
Just like I thought ...

How quickly people forget or willingly ignore

ESP47
08-12-2013, 11:50 AM
I was in high school and then unaware of what was going on while I was in college. If you're trying to imply that I'm a conservative blaming everything on Obama then you are wrong. Both sides have screwed us over equally. The only difference is Obama is the one screwing us over at the moment. If I was this age back in 02 or 05, I'd be talking the same amount of crap about Bush.

57Brave
08-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Just pointing out we've had opportunities to stand up to this at it's inception and didn't. Despite warnings this tool was bound to be used by those you agree with and those you don't.

Not to defend the use but I have yet to see who has been screwed over and what real "in the flesh" damages have been inflicted.
Forgive me if I doubt the sincerity of some critics because the time to speak out was 10 years ago.
Kinda like a stampede. It is easier to start than stop and the best way to stop is don't let it start

yeezus
08-12-2013, 12:12 PM
Just pointing out we've had opportunities to stand up to this at it's inception and didn't. Despite warnings this tool was bound to be used by those you agree with and those you don't.

Not to defend the use but I have yet to see who has been screwed over and what real "in the flesh" damages have been inflicted.
Forgive me if I doubt the sincerity of some critics because the time to speak out was 10 years ago.
Kinda like a stampede. It is easier to start than stop and the best way to stop is don't let it start

Yeah, good luck with that. Like the government would actually listen to what we want/have to say when putting stuff like that through.

57Brave
08-12-2013, 12:21 PM
The pols showed in the early aughts overwhelming support for the Patriot Act.
And after NSA spying was first disclosed in '05 there was barely a blurb of descent. And those that did got shouted down.

I don't blame that on the "government"
WE get the government WE elect / deserve.
////////////

yeezus
08-12-2013, 12:27 PM
The pols showed in the early aughts overwhelming support for the Patriot Act.
And after NSA spying was first disclosed in '05 there was barely a blurb of descent. And those that did got shouted down.

I don't blame that on the "government"
WE get the government WE elect / deserve.
////////////

I don't even necessarily disagree with that.
But I think both parties are in this together a lot more than they lead on. They both have similar goals in regards to government power. I do believe they keep us focused on polarizing but overall unimportant issues like *** marriage and abortion to sneak intrusive legislation through.

zitothebrave
08-12-2013, 12:28 PM

Never said things were good under Obama, but at least he isn't a complete and total failure. Just a normal failure that every president since JFK has been. Only one since then with seemingly a soul was Carter but he didn't have a prayer to do any of the things he would have wanted to do that would have been good.

cajunrevenge
08-13-2013, 02:46 PM
WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILREN!