PDA

View Full Version : One Other Surprising Development

clvclv
12-10-2015, 06:41 PM
Having realized the gap in the market, word apparently leaked out that we were willing to listen on Inciarte already. Another one of those deals I wouldn't "expect", but could see the logic in...

Teheran and Inciarte for Soler, Baez, and Hammel.

Clearing Hammel's money gives them any extra money needed to land Heyward. Inciarte gives them their CF and allows the Cubs to leave Heyward in RF. Their rotation becomes Arrieta, Lester, Lackey, Teheran, Warren.

CF- Inciarte, RF- Heyward, 3B, Bryant, 1B- Rizzo, LF- Schwarber, 2B- Zobrist, C- Montero, SS- Russell

That's pure pie-in-the-sky, but I did hear the mention that we'd "listen" on Ender too.

Not so sure I'd HAVE to have Soler or Baez in a Teheran deal. I actually might even prefer to trade him to get the lesser names. If Julio would get you Billy McKinney and Willson Contreras I'd have a tough time saying no.

Enscheff
12-10-2015, 06:46 PM
I think I'd hold onto Teheran and see what could be done in an Inciarte trade with the Cubs.

smootness
12-10-2015, 09:08 PM

Good gosh.

zbhargrove
12-10-2015, 09:22 PM
Having realized the gap in the market, word apparently leaked out that we were willing to listen on Inciarte already. Another one of those deals I wouldn't "expect", but could see the logic in...

Clearing Hammel's money gives them any extra money needed to land Heyward. Inciarte gives them their CF and allows the Cubs to leave Heyward in RF. Their rotation becomes Arrieta, Lester, Lackey, Teheran, Warren.

CF- Inciarte, RF- Heyward, 3B, Bryant, 1B- Rizzo, LF- Schwarber, 2B- Zobrist, C- Montero, SS- Russell

That's pure pie-in-the-sky, but I did hear the mention that we'd "listen" on Ender too.

Not so sure I'd HAVE to have Soler or Baez in a Teheran deal. I actually might even prefer to trade him to get the lesser names. If Julio would get you Billy McKinney and Willson Contreras I'd have a tough time saying no.

Hammel is pretty much as good of a pitcher as Julio at the moment so I don't see how just the freed up money and Inciarte tip the scales to also include 2 big name guys in Soler and Baez. Chicago would never do that.

emk418
12-10-2015, 11:54 PM

Let's be reasonable here. I know we just made a great trade but you're not getting Soler, Baez, and Hammel for Teheran and Inciarte.

clvclv
12-11-2015, 01:59 PM

Actually now that they've got Heyward for sure...

Teheran and Inciarte for Soler, Willson Contreras, Jeimer Candelario, and Eloy Jimenez and call it a winter unless someone comes calling about Markakis!!!

Heyward
12-12-2015, 10:28 AM
Cubs arent trading Baez, he can play everywhere but 1B in the infield, and play some outfield.

Soler is probably available just depends on how much it will cost for him.

cajunrevenge
12-12-2015, 11:33 AM
How can he play all those positions but not 1b?

Heyward
12-12-2015, 11:36 AM
How can he play all those positions but not 1b?

I mean he could but i would guess Schwarber or Zobrist is the backup 1B.

Rizzo played in all but 2 games though.

AerchAngel
12-12-2015, 11:42 AM

That team on offense would be a juggernaut. Since I was born and partially raised in Chicago (Sox fan, but Dad and Bro Cubs) I would root for them. I would love to see my dad happy before his demise if the Cubs get to the World Series.

Horsehide Harry
12-12-2015, 06:19 PM
Teheran and Inciarte for Soler, Baez and Contreras

Heyward
12-13-2015, 11:17 AM
Teheran and Inciarte for Soler, Baez and Contreras

Cubs arent trading Baez.

He can play pretty much everywhere and he'll eventually replace Zobrist as he declines.