So you were here this whole time and didn't say anything? :Gasp:

How did you find out this palce?

BRule
08-14-2013, 01:52 PM
He googled "KyleHawkins"

The Chosen One
08-14-2013, 01:55 PM
He googled "KyleHawkins"

I did that... neither Chop Country or invisionfree came up?

BRule
08-14-2013, 01:58 PM
I found this place by googling my 'alias' a few weeks ago just to see if anybody remembered the old times, the wild wild west. Kudos to Zito, SAV, and others for keeping the fire burning.

BRule
08-14-2013, 02:01 PM
If you google: KyleHawkins braves

The invision board shows up on the 3rd page

Mrs. Meta
08-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Wow.

The Chosen One
08-14-2013, 02:13 PM
If you google: KyleHawkins braves

The invision board shows up on the 3rd page

Did that. A result for ChopNation showed up... no invisionfree for me.

EDIT: Nvm.

I had no idea anybody looked past page 1 of google results, let alone get to page 3.

Hawk
08-14-2013, 02:14 PM
So you were here this whole time and didn't say anything? :Gasp:

How did you find out this palce?

I found the InvisionFree boards where somebody said in a thread that I was banned from Scout for life. I was going to post there but realized it was abandoned, then I found this forum.

BRule
08-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Did that. A result for ChopNation showed up... no invisionfree for me.

EDIT: Nvm.

I had no idea anybody looked past page 1 of google results, let alone get to page 3.

Lazy Asians.

Hawk
08-14-2013, 02:19 PM
I haven't read this yet.......BUT Hawkins is back? REALLY? :Gasp:

BRule, my man, the original misfit. Where is Redneck Paramedic?

The Chosen One
08-14-2013, 02:19 PM
In any case Kyle, Hawk, Latroy, or whatever your name is, it's good to have you back here.

I hope this isn't a one thread bang bang and then you're gone.

Hope you stick around with us, I'm sure Zito will want to bang bang as well.

The Chosen One
08-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Oh and Hawk, if you want to make yourself useful, go to the extracting the innocent thread.

There's some posters from old school we're still missing here and trying to get a hold of to get here. If you have any way of contacting the likes of MikeAdams,Horsie, airsuri, it'd be very helpful. AirSuri has PM's activated on Scout, but he never reads them and he's always lurking... Horsie leaves no e-mail or trail to sniff.

The Chosen One
08-14-2013, 02:23 PM
@rniki10 (http://www.chopcountry.com/forums/member.php?u=51)
@Oklahomahawk (http://www.chopcountry.com/forums/member.php?u=129)
@TXBravesFan (http://www.chopcountry.com/forums/member.php?u=109)
pfiggy

BRule
08-14-2013, 02:25 PM

What's going on bud.....our AIM chats back in the day (who knows how many years ago they were) were always fun and some great trolls/plans were hatched during them.

I still remember that Bill called the "IP policy" on me for one thing....good times.

The Chosen One
08-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Wasn't RedneckParamedic a pseudoname for Horsie after he got banned?

Hawk
08-14-2013, 02:34 PM
In any case Kyle, Hawk, Latroy, or whatever your name is, it's good to have you back here.

I hope this isn't a one thread bang bang and then you're gone.

Hope you stick around with us, I'm sure Zito will want to bang bang as well.

Haha, thank you. I will do my best.

BRule
08-14-2013, 02:35 PM

He had to be an alias, I don't know of who....but no way that was a "real" poster.

Hawk
08-14-2013, 02:37 PM
What's going on bud.....our AIM chats back in the day (who knows how many years ago they were) were always fun and some great trolls/plans were hatched during them.

I still remember that Bill called the "IP policy" on me for one thing....good times.

Haha -- you know I also found where the old BravesBeaters hole up -- maybe you've found it? Really depressing.

That's why I was so shocked to find these forums as active as they are.

The Chosen One
08-14-2013, 02:38 PM
He had to be an alias, I don't know of who....but no way that was a "real" poster.

I'm fairly certain it was Horsie. Horsie complained about Duckie getting banned or something. Then he got into it with Bill and he himself got banned.

The RedneckParamedic thing was just him trolling I think, because every blue moon he'd actually post something legit. He and Vuchato became good friends I think.

jpx7
08-14-2013, 02:38 PM
Nice to see you back, Hawk.

This is a pretty fascinating narrative; I'd be interested in reading the full creative non-fiction piece (though if you get laid for it this time around, someone besides me will have to step up to the plate).

Also: as someone who wrote for you during the early days of BravesCenter original content, I can honestly say I had no idea we were pretty much the same age at the time.

jpx7
08-14-2013, 02:40 PM

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure the most recent alias Horsie was using was "Rorshach," or at least he was using that circa 2010.

BRule
08-14-2013, 02:45 PM
Haha -- you know I also found where the old BravesBeaters hole up -- maybe you've found it? Really depressing.

That's why I was so shocked to find these forums as active as they are.

I have not, I actually stopped posting on any sites for months, this was after I finally gave up on scout and PD. Plus, actually growing up and having a real job, family, etc. I just started posting again when Osama/GMAJAH texted me to come over to SAV's site (invision). Luckily my job is pretty much all done on a computer and I can post at work, otherwise I doubt I'd have the time.

BRule
08-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Since we are going down memory lane....does anyone know what team BRB is playing DB for in the NFL?

gilesfan
08-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Holy crap. Back from the dead.

I must have been slightly older at the time, but that is a wild story from someone that was "involved" from the beginning.

Hawk
08-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Nice to see you back, Hawk.

This is a pretty fascinating narrative; I'd be interested in reading the full creative non-fiction piece (though if you get laid for it this time around, someone besides me will have to step up to the plate).

Also: as someone who wrote for you during the early days of BravesCenter original content, I can honestly say I had no idea we were pretty much the same age at the time.

Good to see you around as well JP. What are you doing with your life nowadays? Between MFII (Andrew) and yourself, I had two professional writers on staff for a time at BC.

If I dig the story out of mothballs one of these days I will get a copy to you. I'm one of those types who writes something, reads it obsessively for a short period of time, and then becomes so repulsed by it that I never look at it again. I'll take pfiggy as a consolation prize.

gilesfan
08-14-2013, 03:07 PM
I don't think most of the posters have any issues with Bill. obviously there were some battles, but Bill would let posters speak their mind. (he had a quick temper, but would relent)

It's moreso with Patio, who ran your site into the ground.

weso1
08-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Well that was an interesting read.

Sounds like there are other posters out there we can grab. Maybe it's time to expand this board's reach into other sites.

Hawk
08-14-2013, 03:24 PM
I have not, I actually stopped posting on any sites for months, this was after I finally gave up on scout and PD. Plus, actually growing up and having a real job, family, etc. I just started posting again when Osama/GMAJAH texted me to come over to SAV's site (invision). Luckily my job is pretty much all done on a computer and I can post at work, otherwise I doubt I'd have the time.

I've seen a lot of people bashing PatioDaddio. All I remember about him was an avatar of a hotdog swinging a baseball bat or something to that effect. When was he made moderator of the old board and who thought that was a prudent decision? What happened to MikeAdams, RNikki, Nocahoma?

I thought the quality of moderation degenerated to Stasi-esque levels when gr8tobestr8, or whatever it was, was given mod powers by Bill. How did that end up working out?

I know what you mean about forums in general. I didn't post online at all from 2006 until about a year ago (call it bitterness,) when I became a member of a travel forum. And I 'work' on the Internet too. Then again, I am reclusive and generally anti-social media (save Twitter, which I love.)

Hawk
08-14-2013, 03:28 PM
It's moreso with Patio, who ran your site into the ground.

:facepalm: Is he publishing the site now? Or just in control of the forums? I don't even know what the site is called anymore.

gilesfan
08-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Gr8 was awful. He was another hot head that got into too many heated arguments with posters and threatened to ban if you disagree (or said anything bad about Auburn)

I think Patio is the Admin under the fox sports banner. He kept claiming fox wanted to clean up the board, etc. His claims were they he was just following their orders.

I didn't believe him.

BRule
08-14-2013, 03:43 PM
I've seen a lot of people bashing PatioDaddio. All I remember about him was an avatar of a hotdog swinging a baseball bat or something to that effect. When was he made moderator of the old board and who thought that was a prudent decision? What happened to MikeAdams, RNikki, Nocahoma?

I thought the quality of moderation degenerated to Stasi-esque levels when gr8tobestr8, or whatever it was, was given mod powers by Bill. How did that end up working out?

I know what you mean about forums in general. I didn't post online at all from 2006 until about a year ago (call it bitterness,) when I became a member of a travel forum. And I 'work' on the Internet too. Then again, I am reclusive and generally anti-social media (save Twitter, which I love.)

PD has been a mod for awhile now, it all kind of blends together now...it got really bad, probably 5-6 months ago?

RNikki is over here, Mike is MIA - no one can find him, Noc - not sure

weso1
08-14-2013, 03:54 PM
:facepalm: Is he publishing the site now? Or just in control of the forums? I don't even know what the site is called anymore.

PD's story is pretty much the opposite of yours. You were a well liked young pup who built a message board community from the ground up to an impressive pinnacle. PD is a grumpy old man who took a board from its impressive pinnacle to its destruction.

pfiggy
08-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Hey Hawk, you, I guess now, can be called an old reprobate......good seein' ya son. pFascinatin' narrative sir. Stick around, we are all a lot older, but not much wiser, strictly speakin' pfor myownself. Renee is here, we're still lookin' pfor a pfew good men and women though. Ima gonna ask mojo the met pfan if she can get a hold of Noc.

Oklahomahawk
08-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Hey Hawk, you, I guess now, can be called an old reprobate......good seein' ya son. pFascinatin' narrative sir. Stick around, we are all a lot older, but not much wiser, strictly speakin' pfor myownself. Renee is here, we're still lookin' pfor a pfew good men and women though. Ima gonna ask mojo the met pfan if she can get a hold of Noc.

Pfigster, you're always looking for a few good woman aren't you??? ;)

I remember the name Kyle Hawkins, though I didn't know him/you that well. We might be able to find Noc once the fantasy football season gets going, he used to play with us, Pfiggy, Paul, and some of the others.

What about Trailer Trash. I always liked conversing with him as well and I have been trying to track him down for quite a while.

pfiggy
08-14-2013, 06:39 PM
I just sent PJ/Suri and Rick/Trailertrash an email, maybe it will work. And yeah, a pfew good women are a lot better than a buncha beaches, I'm thinkin'. I asked Mojo if she could tell Noc about this place, but he may be too old to care anymore, lol.

zitothebrave
08-14-2013, 06:40 PM

I forgot that was Patio's avatar before he went with the Heineken thing he had for ages. Yeah he was a crazy old person in the first place (was one of the people instrumental in the premium vs. free board rift) and in general was a douche to everyone. But he was moderately enjoyable as a poster. When he was given his mission for God he was terrible.

The gr8 mod experiment was just that, gr8. So much fun happened when he was mod probably just to act out against him. Not to mention the legendary Meta/gr8 battles that to this day haven't ended.

I still hold the belief though that all these things were instrumentations done by Bill. When he left scout I think he recommended Patio knowing he'd torpedo the board. I think the same thing with making gr8 a mod, he did it so that he wouldn't be public enemy number 1. I don't think Bill is a bad guy but I do think he had more to do with the negative side of things than he'll wind up being given credit for.

zitothebrave
08-14-2013, 06:40 PM
I just sent PJ/Suri and Rick/Trailertrash an email, maybe it will work. And yeah, a pfew good women are a lot better than a buncha beaches, I'm thinkin'. I asked Mojo if she could tell Noc about this place, but he may be too old to care anymore, lol.

How can someone be too old to care with OKHawk puttering around here?

pfiggy
08-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Good question zeets.......care to elaborate OKHawkster?

zitothebrave
08-14-2013, 06:47 PM
I'm fairly certain it was Horsie. Horsie complained about Duckie getting banned or something. Then he got into it with Bill and he himself got banned.

The RedneckParamedic thing was just him trolling I think, because every blue moon he'd actually post something legit. He and Vuchato became good friends I think.

I thought Horsie was canned for complaining about the premium site? I remember some of his old posts on the invisionboard were basically him ranting about pay sites.

zitothebrave
08-14-2013, 06:53 PM
BTW Welcome abored (sic) KHawk been a heck of a long time. And I'm glad I got to be mentioned twice in your first post back. Once in detail and the other for being one of the annoying ones you complained with Bill about.

Oklahomahawk
08-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Good question zeets.......care to elaborate OKHawkster?

OK, here's the deal, Noc really isn't all that old numerically speaking, but his are in dog years, while I'm older than dirt, but mine are in human years, so while it's a close race, I might actually be a little younger than Noc in real terms. PJ/Airsuri is a good kid, I miss talking with him and you're right pfigster, Trailerparktrash's first name was Rick. He used to live in San Antonio but that was almost a decade ago, I haven't heard from him in a LONG time. You're also right about the beaches/women thing, but I think we've been pretty lucky with our female friends around here, I always thought Mojo, and Purple Power (can't remember her real name) and Renee are pretty good girls, and who was the chick from the Kansas City area who always got into it with Paul (not that getting into it with Paul was that surprising)?? Also what about Rennie (sp??)

pfiggy
08-14-2013, 08:24 PM
OK, here's the deal, Noc really isn't all that old numerically speaking, but his are in dog years, while I'm older than dirt, but mine are in human years, so while it's a close race, I might actually be a little younger than Noc in real terms. PJ/Airsuri is a good kid, I miss talking with him and you're right pfigster, Trailerparktrash's first name was Rick. He used to live in San Antonio but that was almost a decade ago, I haven't heard from him in a LONG time. You're also right about the beaches/women thing, but I think we've been pretty lucky with our female friends around here, I always thought Mojo, and Purple Power (can't remember her real name) and Renee are pretty good girls, and who was the chick from the Kansas City area who always got into it with Paul (not that getting into it with Paul was that surprising)?? Also what about Rennie (sp??)

Welp, if you have a good email pfor Paulie, you might want to let him know about this place, tho he's a pain in the ass, lol. He has Purple on some of his fantasy teams so he should know her addy. You mean renny? I can tell her, in fact I think I did, but I'll remind her. Can't remember the chickie pfrom KC off hand.

CJC
08-14-2013, 11:36 PM
I'm sorry if I don't share your impressions of Shanks. Granted my first impression of him was me signing up for a 7-day trial with scout. That gave me access to an online radio show chat. He bounced me from the room for asking about Joe Winklesas and because I had a UT screen name. He said "it's good to be king."

I canceled my trial, never got into scout again, but hung around the message boards. My second encounter was when he wrote an article years later about the "controvesial" laughing head logo. The jist of his article was that Native Americans had no right to be upset about the logo, given that more offensive items existed. I provided my opinion that I, as a Native American, didn't care about the logo, but also didn't the tone of his article and who is allowed to be offended by what.

He was always very abrasive. It seems like he took advantage of you or at least tried to. I wouldn't put him in the "good guy" category. Just my opinion.

BRule
08-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Bill was a cocksucker when I was a young kid and he's still a cocksucker now, 15 years later.

Metaphysicist
08-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Bill would troll other forums and PM me on BravesCenter about what I said there. Dude wasn't cut out for the internet.

weso1
08-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Bill would troll other forums and PM me on BravesCenter about what I said there. Dude wasn't cut out for the internet.

I feel like we need more details.

CK86
08-15-2013, 09:42 PM
Bill was just always a dick every time I interacted with him. Eventually, I just quit posting on the main forum and stayed on the off-topic boards. The only time I would post on the free board was after he had left for the pay board.

Carp
08-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Well that was an interesting read.

Sounds like there are other posters out there we can grab. Maybe it's time to expand this board's reach into other sites.

Saw where NicolasD posted in the locker room asking where everyone was at. Meant to send him a message but I forgot

Carp
08-15-2013, 11:56 PM
I'm sorry if I don't share your impressions of Shanks. Granted my first impression of him was me signing up for a 7-day trial with scout. That gave me access to an online radio show chat. He bounced me from the room for asking about Joe Winklesas and because I had a UT screen name. He said "it's good to be king."

I canceled my trial, never got into scout again, but hung around the message boards. My second encounter was when he wrote an article years later about the "controvesial" laughing head logo. The jist of his article was that Native Americans had no right to be upset about the logo, given that more offensive items existed. I provided my opinion that I, as a Native American, didn't care about the logo, but also didn't the tone of his article and who is allowed to be offended by what.

He was always very abrasive. It seems like he took advantage of you or at least tried to. I wouldn't put him in the "good guy" category. Just my opinion.

Yep, I got banned in the thread too for the exact same thing, even though I was extremely civil. Got the boot for disagreeing with him. I then proceeded to troll the hell out of him and that thread with the 5 other names I had.

CyYoung31
08-15-2013, 11:57 PM
Welcome back, Hawk.

Gary82
08-16-2013, 12:17 AM
Bill was a cocksucker when I was a young kid and he's still a cocksucker now, 15 years later.

What a disturbing sentence if read the wrong way.

The Chosen One
08-16-2013, 12:46 AM
What's crazy is when I first started posting on fanhome Braves when I was 12, I thought JPX and Hawkins were all in their mid 20's.

Come to find out JPX and Hawk are only a few years older than me (Hawk only 2 years my senior). lol

zitothebrave
08-16-2013, 07:41 AM
What's crazy is when I first started posting on fanhome Braves when I was 12, I thought JPX and Hawkins were all in their mid 20's.

Come to find out JPX and Hawk are only a few years older than me (Hawk only 2 years my senior). lol

I was 16 when I started posting back in 04, and I presumed that Mike Adams was younger than any other of th emods. I was slightly off.

gilesfan
08-16-2013, 08:31 AM

Wait, he trolled other forums? How did I not know about this?

gilesfan
08-16-2013, 08:31 AM
Bill was just always a dick every time I interacted with him. Eventually, I just quit posting on the main forum and stayed on the off-topic boards. The only time I would post on the free board was after he had left for the pay board.

who are you?

gilesfan
08-16-2013, 08:34 AM
I believe I narrowed down that I started posting in 2001 so I was 20/21

BRule
08-16-2013, 09:42 AM
I'm 93% sure I started posting when I was in 8th grade, so I was 12 or 13.

The Chosen One
08-16-2013, 09:43 AM
I'm 93% sure I started posting when I was in 8th grade, so I was 12 or 13.

But I thought you were black? So wouldn't that mean 14 or 15? :icwudt:

BRule
08-16-2013, 10:03 AM
But I thought you were black? So wouldn't that mean 14 or 15? :icwudt:

DAT'S RAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

The Chosen One
08-16-2013, 10:09 AM
DAT'S RAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Not to hijack Hawk's thread or anything, but when you say Shanks was a cocksucker back then when you were a kid, and still is now 15 years later...

I mean I don't know. Where's Zito to explain this to me?

BRule
08-16-2013, 10:27 AM
Bill liked penis, Bill still likes penis.

The Chosen One
08-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Bill liked penis, Bill still likes penis.

So is this Anti-Heyward thing a projection of him being bitter against young black dudes pertain his falling out with you?

Was the fact he banned you so many times and kept letting you "come back" a form of modern day flirting?

Hawk
08-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Was the fact he banned you so many times and kept letting you "come back" a form of modern day flirting?

Affirmative action quota.

jpx7
08-16-2013, 01:15 PM

He did the same to me, by the way.

weso1
08-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Is there a reason we aren't getting any details itt?

The Chosen One
08-16-2013, 02:33 PM
OT: The reason the site's been having lagging slow loading times is because with more users logging in, it's bumped us up on google index and google is sending more crawl spider bots to scan our pages (for search engine results). As a result, they're hogging a ton of bandwidth, that's why you may see 51 guests. I looked at the genuine IP's, and about 2/5 of the 51 guests are actual people on real ISP's (which is really good for us), the rest are spider bots or forum spam bots.

I wanted to leave it as guests can lurk so they could read and stil come here, but it's just allowed the bots to open a new page every .18 seconds. I may have to do it again to registration view forum only. The other downside is, a ton of forum bots are getting past the security verification registration now. I'm having to delete a bunch of fake spam bot accounts about 10 times a day.

It's a good sign though as it shows our forum is picking up on genuine user traffic (bots don't attack dead forums).

Hawk
08-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Bill was definitely insecure about what people said (and thought) about him. I get the impression that he never thought he was being taken seriously or getting the respect he deserved. He was lumped into the same category as a blogger and afforded the same level of gravitas as a Mac Thomason (RIP) or gondee, although he actually had press credentials and knew many of the players (and their families) very well from the access he had during his show and book research.

Bill wanted to be _the guy_ and took very personally being challenged or undermined.

There was one guy (I think his name was Jason) who consistently posted 'insider' news about the Richmond Braves to the point where we investigated whether or not he was an employee of the R-Braves. One day he posted saying that he spoken with a player about a call-up (or something) and Bill actually called the player and asked him whether or not he had spoken to a guy named Jason about the issue. The player said no, and we banned the poster in question. In fact, we banned his entire ISP for a while because he kept creating new usernames.

Some of the original old board purists; Gatom, Wilbo, Horsie, pfigster, et al. really got under Bill's skin because they weren't afraid to speak out against him openly, even after Bill would take to private messages in an attempt to straighten them out to his liking. I guess he thought he was effacing himself by messaging them to begin with, and when they turned around and essentially slapped him in the face the ban hammer swung mightily. I would often go in and lift bans after a few days because, to me, maintaining an active message board was paramount and I saw little value in banning people with large post counts, no matter what they were posting about (and in my time, there were very few spammers or rabble-rousers in general.)

Hawk
08-16-2013, 03:08 PM
I wanted to leave it as guests can lurk so they could read and stil come here, but it's just allowed the bots to open a new page every .18 seconds. I may have to do it again to registration view forum only. The other downside is, a ton of forum bots are getting past the security verification registration now. I'm having to delete a bunch of fake spam bot accounts about 10 times a day.

It's a good sign though as it shows our forum is picking up on genuine user traffic (bots don't attack dead forums).

I think that you should keep viewing open. I can see this place growing very quickly. What kind of vBulletin plug-ins are you running for the verification process? I know there are a ton out there.

Also, are you footing the costs for the vBulletin license and hosting on your own? I'd be glad to help out however I can, whether it be with hosting anything or a few skrills for a good cause.

BRule
08-16-2013, 03:10 PM
PM's from Bill were the BEST...I wish I still had them all. You could tell very much that he just wanted to be the "cool kid" or "the guy" as Hawk put it. He always switched his tones from trying to be your dad to being a 16 year old troll. I can't even remember how many hilarious PM's I ended up forwarding to c2c, Zito, thewupk, Khawkins....those were the days.

CJC
08-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Sounds like Shanks has some kind of personality disorder

The Chosen One
08-16-2013, 04:11 PM
I think that you should keep viewing open. I can see this place growing very quickly. What kind of vBulletin plug-ins are you running for the verification process? I know there are a ton out there.

Also, are you footing the costs for the vBulletin license and hosting on your own? I'd be glad to help out however I can, whether it be with hosting anything or a few skrills for a good cause.

Bought the vbulletin license and then domain and hosting from godaddy. Added up to about $500 so far

jpx7
08-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Added up to about $500 so far

Or about 25 Criterion blu-rays at half-off MSRP.

The Chosen One
08-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Or about 25 Criterion blu-rays at half-off MSRP.

:Alone:

CK86
08-16-2013, 08:18 PM
who are you?

Your favorite Duke fan - cameronkrazie86

gilesfan
08-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Yeah. Bill def wanted to be the guy. It's terrible he banned a guy with insider information.

The Chosen One
08-16-2013, 08:22 PM
Your favorite Duke fan - cameronkrazie86
:YDS:

50PoundHead
08-16-2013, 11:27 PM

I think Redneck Paramedic told as all to "F**k off" after we pulled a hoax on him in the chat room during the Winter Meetings a few years back. giflesfan remembers the particulars better than I do, but it basically was "when the next guy comes in, we all talk as though we've just traded for Jason Giambi." He bought it and when we told him it was a joke, he just ripped every one of us. I don't know if he was serious or not, but that's the last time I ever saw him. It was a truly classic prank. It was totally unrehearsed but great improvisation. No one went overboard and we kept the trade reasonable enough that it was plausible. He kept going out and checking ESPN, SI, MLB and the other outlets and would come back and say no one was reporting it. Somehow, we kept it going for about 15 - 20 minutes before we broke. Truly one of the all-time chat room highlights.

Metaphysicist
08-16-2013, 11:53 PM
Is there a reason we aren't getting any details itt?

There were a few instances, but the one that he brought up to me for years (literally) was some off-hand remark on one of the old "Trash Talk" forums that sprung up. Come to think of it, it was probably KHawkins' spinoff board. Anyway, I said something about Bill looking like he was pregnant (dude had mad beer gut) the time I'd seen him at Spring Training.

He... did not take take kindly to that. That's understandable; it was a potshot, even if it was said in a trash talking forum. I actually apologized to him when I realized he was scouring the whole internet and cataloguing every mention of his name. But for years after, he'd bring that chestnut up as an example of how I was trying to ruin his website and his livelihood or whatever and that I was actively running him down in other places. We are talking actual years later; his obsession with minor slights was much less flattering than his man-ponch.

Gary82
08-17-2013, 12:04 AM
It was hilarious that Bill followed us to the braves.net forum just to see if we were talking about him. Talk about vanity.

Runnin
08-17-2013, 12:08 AM
Was Redneck Paramedic also Prettyboyfloyd and JedCooper??? He told me once that he had had over 30 usernames banned.

Hawk
08-17-2013, 12:13 AM
There were a few instances, but the one that he brought up to me for years (literally) was some off-hand remark on one of the old "Trash Talk" forums that sprung up. Come to think of it, it was probably KHawkins' spinoff board. Anyway, I said something about Bill looking like he was pregnant (dude had mad beer gut) the time I'd seen him at Spring Training.

He... did not take take kindly to that. That's understandable; it was a potshot, even if it was said in a trash talking forum. I actually apologized to him when I realized he was scouring the whole internet and cataloguing every mention of his name. But for years after, he'd bring that chestnut up as an example of how I was trying to ruin his website and his livelihood or whatever and that I was actively running him down in other places. We are talking actual years later; his obsession with minor slights was much less flattering than his man-ponch.

He had Google Alerts set up for his name.

I remember you saying that, and I'm actually laughing out loud about it.

This was the only picture floating around of him for years. I think there are more now.

http://i.imgur.com/pC4fcJO.png?1

Hawk
08-17-2013, 12:15 AM
Was Redneck Paramedic also Prettyboyfloyd and JedCooper??? He told me once that he had had over 30 usernames banned.

I don't think he was PBF. That guy was around forever. But it's possible I suppose.

Gary82
08-17-2013, 12:23 AM
http://www.waycross.edu/images/press-releases/C2011-Bill-Shanks.jpg

Runnin
08-17-2013, 12:25 AM
http://www.waycross.edu/images/press-releases/C2011-Bill-Shanks.jpg
"He just doesn't love the game!"

Gary82
08-17-2013, 12:34 AM
I have my doubts Bill Shanks even loves doughnuts.

gilesfan
08-17-2013, 09:38 AM
I think Redneck Paramedic told as all to "F**k off" after we pulled a hoax on him in the chat room during the Winter Meetings a few years back. giflesfan remembers the particulars better than I do, but it basically was "when the next guy comes in, we all talk as though we've just traded for Jason Giambi." He bought it and when we told him it was a joke, he just ripped every one of us. I don't know if he was serious or not, but that's the last time I ever saw him. It was a truly classic prank. It was totally unrehearsed but great improvisation. No one went overboard and we kept the trade reasonable enough that it was plausible. He kept going out and checking ESPN, SI, MLB and the other outlets and would come back and say no one was reporting it. Somehow, we kept it going for about 15 - 20 minutes before we broke. Truly one of the all-time chat room highlights.

There were people running out to cars and turning on radio. Back when u didn't get Internet news as fast as today.

gilesfan
08-17-2013, 09:39 AM

He didn't like that I said he looked like Keith Hernandez

Runnin
08-17-2013, 09:54 AM
He didn't like that I said he looked like Keith HernandezLMAO.

http://img6.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/j/u/juz7ix2247xfx72.jpghttps://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/3109202505/efad8b97d8d9cf276688a14b0020b5e7.jpeg

Hawk
08-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Who are you Runnin? Did you go by another name on the old boards?

BRule -- were you TOMADILLON?

BRule
08-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Bill at his "best" was when he banned C2C and then denied doing it, reinstated him and then I got C2C to make a call out thread in the BBQ. Which went on for like 96 pages of people trashing Bill and people defending him (Matt).... before Bill deleted it from the internets.....and that was the begining of the end of the old BBQ days.

gilesfan
08-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Think I was banned for that thread

BRule
08-17-2013, 10:24 AM

BRule -- were you TOMADILLON?

LOL no...that was Tomahawk and whatever other names that dude had. I actually ran him off of scout when I got tired of his HS tough guy act. He got pissy and ran home, hasn't been back since.

My names were:

BravesRule
Telfair
Budden
BlackJesus
FrancoeurWifey
LaDouche19
TimMcCarver
PedroGammons

There were a ton of others but mainly posted with Rule,Telfair and Budden. Although FrancoeurWifey and BlackJesus were my 2 favorites. TimMcCarver too but Bill didn't let that one last.....douche.

BRule
08-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Think I was banned for that thread

Pretty sure we all got banned for that thread, it was epic.

Runnin
08-17-2013, 10:46 AM
No, Runningbrave there, but folks have always just called me Runnin.

Is Toma here???

Hawk
08-17-2013, 11:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/BY3ql8a.jpg?1

The Chosen One
08-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Love letters are so cute. :elefant:

BRule
08-17-2013, 12:08 PM
hahahahahahahahaha, awesome.

I also fully expect Bill to sue you over this.

ChapelHillMatt
08-17-2013, 08:33 PM
Bill at his "best" was when he banned C2C and then denied doing it, reinstated him and then I got C2C to make a call out thread in the BBQ. Which went on for like 96 pages of people trashing Bill and people defending him (Matt).... before Bill deleted it from the internets.....and that was the begining of the end of the old BBQ days.

Bill had me fooled for the longest time, then he turned on me. I know when I was on his side and agreed with everything he said we were fine, the moment I decided to disagree with him about something things went south in a hurry.

He also didn't have kind things to say about you Kyle, he bashed you at every opportunity from what I remember.

Looking back on everything, it seems like Bill is a good guy if you can get him away from the message boards. I remember doing fine with him on the phone. I know some who have met him at his book signings and stuff and they didn't report any problems. You get him on the message board though he's impossible to deal with unless like I said, you are in agreement with him 100% of the time.

zitothebrave
08-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Pretty sure we all got banned for that thread, it was epic.

I don't think that I was but it's hard to remember that far back. I know I was banned way more times under Patio than under Bill. I do remember it getting to be the longest thread on the board though before being shut down. Pretty funny.

Carp
08-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Started posting in 03 I believe during the time of the JD Drew trade. Would have been 18-19

sc1767
08-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Ahh hey. Sav PM'd me about this place but I just saw it yesterday (thanks Sav). Old timer here, I think I go back to '01 or '02. Only maybe 1k posts in all that time but I read nearly every day year round. I was unaware of all the goings on since I've been out of internet service most of the year. Long story. But damn, the old board sure is dead.

Great to see so many old timers here. I missed y'all over there.

How does a "Ducky" get banned? That's ridiculous.

I liked Shanks for a short time but really started not liking him much at all. IMO, whatever he brought wasn't worth the downside, I'll leave it at that. PD, I didn't realize he was running everyone off since I haven't been online most of this year. Too bad.

Anyhow, will be coming here daily from now on. !!

Hawk
08-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Ahh hey. Sav PM'd me about this place but I just saw it yesterday (thanks Sav). Old timer here, I think I go back to '01 or '02. Only maybe 1k posts in all that time but I read nearly every day year round. I was unaware of all the goings on since I've been out of internet service most of the year. Long story. But damn, the old board sure is dead.

Great to see so many old timers here. I missed y'all over there.

How does a "Ducky" get banned? That's ridiculous.

I liked Shanks for a short time but really started not liking him much at all. IMO, whatever he brought wasn't worth the downside, I'll leave it at that. PD, I didn't realize he was running everyone off since I haven't been online most of this year. Too bad.

Anyhow, will be coming here daily from now on. !!

Welcome aboard.

Were you Ducky? I definitely remember that name.

sc1767
08-23-2013, 02:23 PM
No, I was sc1767 or sc67 (still am, I think). Ducky was a female fan who always posted WEWON or BRAVES WIN or something for a whole page. If we won of course. For years, every game.

The Chosen One
08-23-2013, 02:31 PM
No, I was sc1767 or sc67 (still am, I think). Ducky was a female fan who always posted WEWON or BRAVES WIN or something for a whole page. If we won of course. For years, every game.

Glad to have you aboard.

Unfortunately SAV isn't here anymore. He sold the site to me and I've taken over.

Julio3000
08-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Glad to have you aboard.

Unfortunately SAV isn't here anymore. He sold the site to me and I've taken over.

Keith spent the entirety of the savings from his playing career on this joint.

SAV must be in the Caribbean somewhere, sipping umbrella drinks.

Runnin
08-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Patio's ruining of the scout board was shockingly complete. They can't even get a 2 page GT.

I wonder how much remorse he has.

weso1
08-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Patio's ruining of the scout board was shockingly complete. They can't even get a 2 page GT.

I wonder how much remorse he has.

David55 is the only one keeping that site alive right now. He must not like this board very much. It's not for everyone I guess.

I would imagine Patio thinks we're the ones who should feel remorse.

Runnin
08-27-2013, 10:54 PM
David55 is the only one keeping that site alive right now. He must not like this board very much. It's not for everyone I guess.
It's a curious thing. I guess he likes talking to himself or maybe he thinks he'll start his own community.

I would imagine Patio thinks we're the ones who should feel remorse.
Seems like it'd be hard to convince yourself of that lie when virtually everyone has left you behind.

The Chosen One
08-27-2013, 10:55 PM
david55 probably is an admin there now.