PDA

View Full Version : Rafael Cruz Discussion

The Chosen One
02-01-2016, 12:20 PM
We had a thread for the Palin lady and The Don.

Time to start one for Cruz.

The guy that nearly everyone on both sides of the aisle agree is the worst man known in politics.

Just a terrible guy, a creepy scary guy. Wrote on my facebook that Cruz looks like the guy who goes to a fast food joint and asks for a free water cup but then goes to the fountain machine and gets soda instead.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/01/30/uncomfortable-question-for-ted-cruz-on-obamacare-silences-the-room/?_r=0

But at a middle school cafeteria here, a man, Mike Valde, presented him with a tragic tale. His brother-in-law Mark was a barber — “a small-business man,” he said. He had never had a paid vacation day. He received health insurance at last because of the Affordable Care Act. He began to feel sick and went to a doctor.

“He had never been to a doctor for years,” Mr. Valde, 63, of Coralville, Iowa, said. “Multiple tumors behind his heart, his liver, his pancreas. And they said, ‘We’re sorry, sir, there’s nothing we can do for you.’ ”

The room was silent.

“Mark never had health care until Obama care,” Mr. Valde continued. “What are you going to replace it with?”

Mr. Cruz expressed condolences and pivoted quickly to a well-worn answer assailing the health care law.

Mr. Cruz said “millions of Americans” had lost their jobs and their doctors as a result of the law, and that many had “seen their premiums skyrocket.”

Julio3000
02-01-2016, 02:13 PM
These (http://www.keepthepromise1.com/media/keep-the-promise-radio-ads/) are radio ads run a Cruz superPAC, Keep the Promise.

A lot of them are fun, but do yourself a favor and listen to the one called "Single Mom Second Amendment ad (60 sec)." It's the creepiness of Ted Cruz, distilled.

His super-PACs are basically bankrolled by four guys . . . which is scary, seeing as four successful, presumably rational human beings think that Ted Cruz is the answer to what ails us.

goldfly
02-01-2016, 02:17 PM
so creepy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AboctQk2qNk

bravesnumberone
02-01-2016, 08:16 PM
There's no way in Hell he's not a vampire. Count Cruzula.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/89708-ted-cruz-grandpa-munster-are-twins-heres-9-times-they-looked-spookily-similar

cajunrevenge
02-01-2016, 10:05 PM
I would vote Ted Cruz most likely to be a super villain out of any of the candidates. Really losing faith on this democracy thing.

BedellBrave
02-02-2016, 06:37 PM
Snake-oil salesman.

Oklahomahawk
02-02-2016, 06:40 PM
Snake-oil salesman.

You need to say that more quietly. Did you see that pic of him in that other thread? He's seriously ripped and it even looked like he may have been in prison. So tread softly my friend. ;)

Oh and check your PM.

BedellBrave
02-02-2016, 08:47 PM
You need to say that more quietly. Did you see that pic of him in that other thread? He's seriously ripped and it even looked like he may have been in prison. So tread softly my friend. ;)

Oh and check your PM.

Check yours OHawk.

zitothebrave
09-23-2016, 07:27 PM
Ted Cruz endorsed Trump, what a sad little man.

AerchAngel
09-23-2016, 08:11 PM

Booger Cruz.

F*ck him,Trump and sHillary. The Three Stooges.

zitothebrave
09-23-2016, 08:24 PM
If I was running for office and someone publically insulted my family like Trump did to Cruz I'd be in jail for beating his ass. My concession speech would have been a youtube video of me curbstomping him.

weso1
09-23-2016, 09:49 PM
I like Cruz, but he definitely didn't play his hand well on the Trump thing. Would love to see him on the Supreme Court one day.

bravesnumberone
09-23-2016, 10:49 PM
I like Cruz, but he definitely didn't play his hand well on the Trump thing. Would love to see him on the Supreme Court one day.

That will be a terribly sad day for the Supreme Court. That guy belongs on a Fox News/Glenn Beck Blaze show and that's about it. The only more slimy guy I can think of is John Edwards. I'm not sure even Cruz could cheat on his wife if she had cancer.

goldfly
09-23-2016, 10:59 PM
Would love to see him on the Supreme Court one day.

Holy ****

And I thought trump being president could be the worst/scariest idea and then I read that

50PoundHead
09-24-2016, 09:30 AM

If he thinks he still has a future on the national stage, he had to do this. His voting bloc has lined up behind Trump with a lot of enthusiasm. Curious to see if Ted makes any appearances with Trump on the campaign trail.

bravesnumberone
09-24-2016, 09:33 AM
But I'm guessing Cruz will be Trump's nominee to the Court if Trump is elected. That has to be the guy's play here. Jesus, if I was Cruz's wife, I'd be ashamed of him. You simply cannot support a guy who trashed your family like that if you are worth a single damn. There has to be something to gain politically from this.

Oklahomahawk
09-24-2016, 09:50 AM
That will be a terribly sad day for the Supreme Court. That guy belongs on a Fox News/Glenn Beck Blaze show and that's about it. The only more slimy guy I can think of is John Edwards. I'm not sure even Cruz could cheat on his wife if she had cancer.

Didn't Newton do that once upon a time?

50PoundHead
09-24-2016, 01:19 PM
But I'm guessing Cruz will be Trump's nominee to the Court if Trump is elected. That has to be the guy's play here. Jesus, if I was Cruz's wife, I'd be ashamed of him. You simply cannot support a guy who trashed your family like that if you are worth a single damn. There has to be something to gain politically from this.

That may be what is on Cruz' mind, but I don't think Trump has made any specific promises in that direction. I don't think Trump is to be trusted at all by anyone if he ascends to the Presidency. He is a blank slate who could turn on a dime.

The Chosen One
09-24-2016, 02:46 PM
Nice of Rafael to reaffirm his "Lyin' Ted" moniker given to him by the King of the Republican Party.

sturg33
09-24-2016, 04:13 PM
Good to see Cruz is no better than Sanders.. no principles at all

AerchAngel
09-24-2016, 04:37 PM
Good to see Cruz is no better than Sanders.. no principles at all

I don't know about that. If the clownish KKK Mad Hatter actually wins against the Corrupted No Morals Lying Felon B*tch known as sHillary, getting that Supreme Court Justice is a lifetime appointment and any lawyer worth a grain of salt will think that is the crown jewel of a job. Why not swing for the fences and loyalty be damned?

Oklahomahawk
09-24-2016, 04:58 PM
I don't know about that. If the clownish KKK Mad Hatter actually wins against the Corrupted No Morals Lying Felon B*tch known as sHillary, getting that Supreme Court Justice is a lifetime appointment and any lawyer worth a grain of salt will think that is the crown jewel of a job. Why not swing for the fences and loyalty be damned?

First of all that we must vote Repub because of the Supreme Court nominees is not a legitimate argument IMO. In theory I might say otherwise, but in the real world it means nothing, after all the Repubs controlled the White House for 28 out of the 40 years from 1968-2008, and they couldn't manage to get enough pro-life justices on there to overturn Roe v Wade (IMO the #1 argument the vote Repubs regardless crowd has) and there aren't enough Dems who ever want to get re-elected to put enough justices on there to try and mess with the 2nd amendment since that would be instant political death for any who did. The only way the 2nd amendment will ever get effed with is if enough of Congress wants to put forth a new amendment to overturn or weaken the 2nd amendment and even that would take 2/3 of them and 3/4 of the states and that simply ain't happening, Dem, Repub, or whatever.

Oklahomahawk
09-24-2016, 05:00 PM
Oh and there's no way Trump would be misguided enough to put Rafael on the court, most of his own party wouldn't vote to confirm him.

I'll tell you all what though, that Harriet Myers nomination by W is starting to look better and better though, with the thought of Cruz getting the nod.

AerchAngel
09-24-2016, 05:06 PM
First of all that we must vote Repub because of the Supreme Court nominees is not a legitimate argument IMO. In theory I might say otherwise, but in the real world it means nothing, after all the Repubs controlled the White House for 28 out of the 40 years from 1968-2008, and they couldn't manage to get enough pro-life justices on there to overturn Roe v Wade (IMO the #1 argument the vote Repubs regardless crowd has) and there aren't enough Dems who ever want to get re-elected to put enough justices on there to try and mess with the 2nd amendment since that would be instant political death for any who did. The only way the 2nd amendment will ever get effed with is if enough of Congress wants to put forth a new amendment to overturn or weaken the 2nd amendment and even that would take 2/3 of them and 3/4 of the states and that simply ain't happening, Dem, Repub, or whatever.

Great post.

That is why vote for "No confidence" will resonate. I will stick to local elections, half and half on Pubs and Dems.