PDA

View Full Version : 5/4 MINORS WEDNESDAY FINAL: Inciarte begins rehab, 4-hit day for Swanson

rico43
05-04-2016, 10:47 AM
WEDNESDAY'S MINOR LEAGUE RESULTS

CLASS AAA

Gwinnett 2, Toledo 1 (12)

SP: C. Kelly 8 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 K
Withrow 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
Burnett 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K
De La Cruz 1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
WP: Krol (1-2) 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K

Inciarte 0-3
Landoni 2-2, R
Perterson 1-5, RBI
Albies 1-5, RBI (batting 9th)
Moore 1-4, 2B

CLASS AA

Mississippi 8, Tennessee 7

SP: Thurman 4 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 2 K
Kent 1 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
Janas 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
WP: Cabrera (1-3) 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 0 K
Younginer (Save, 1) 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K

Astudillo 2-5, 2 R, HR (1st) 2 RBI
Franco 1-4, 2 R, HR (1st), 2 RBI
Godfrey 2-4, 3B, 2 RBI
Swanson 4-5, 2B, 2 R, RBI
Lipka 2-4, R, BB, Assist

ADVANCED CLASS A

Salem 9, Carolina 2

LP: Clark (0-3) 6 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
Johnson-Mullins 1 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
Phillips 1 IP, 1 H, 1 ER. 1 BB, 0 K

Meneses 2-4, R
Giardina 1-4, 2B
Mendez 1-4, 2B, 2 RBI

CLASS A

Hickory @ Rome (9-16), ppd.

clvclv
05-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Really would like to see Kelly given a significant role in the big club's pen later this summer - think he might just thrive as the 7th inning guy if Fredi didn't wear him out.

bravesfanMatt
05-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Ozzie is scuffling since his call up.

nsacpi
05-04-2016, 10:51 AM

Not a bad thing.

CJ9
05-04-2016, 11:01 AM
AJ Minter and Josh Graham activated in Rome. Pumped to see how they do.

Deester11
05-04-2016, 11:02 AM
By all accounts he's hitting the ball hard. Good for him to have to adjust. They have been really aggressive with him. To think I saw him 10 times in Rome just last year!

50PoundHead
05-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Really would like to see Kelly given a significant role in the big club's pen later this summer - think he might just thrive as the 7th inning guy if Fredi didn't wear him out.

Agree. I think he could play a couple of different roles with the big club. He could be a placeholder as fifth starter or a contributor (or at least an inning eater) in the bullpen.

bravesfanMatt
05-04-2016, 11:09 AM
By all accounts he's hitting the ball hard. Good for him to have to adjust. They have been really aggressive with him. To think I saw him 10 times in Rome just last year!

I wasn't panicking....

Deester11
05-04-2016, 11:12 AM
I wasn't panicking....
Oh, I know Matt. Just some thoughts. On the Lucas Sims side, sometimes it's hard for him to forget a bad inning. He's made tremendous strides over the last year plus with that. I'm sure he won't regress but it will be good to see his follow up start.

bravesfanMatt
05-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Agree. I think he could play a couple of different roles with the big club. He could be a placeholder as fifth starter or a contributor (or at least an inning eater) in the bullpen.

Wow, Kelly just breezed through the 7th on 8 pitches.... 88 pitches through 7.. he should be able to go 8 for Gwinnett today.

Enscheff
05-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Finally Albies is struggling. Will be interesting to see how he responds.

dak
05-04-2016, 11:23 AM
Kelly needs to get a sustained look at the MLB level soon. Need to see him up over several months to determine if he's worth keeping on the 40-man this winter. He's almost certainly a better MLB pitcher than Foltynewicz for 2016 purposes, and Folty still has plenty to work on.

bravesfanMatt
05-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Kelly picks off Maybin to finish the 8th.. no ER.. over 100 pitches so probably done... very good day.

anyone know why Ender was taken out to start the 9th.. hopefully just to not push his legs..

50PoundHead
05-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Wow, Kelly just breezed through the 7th on 8 pitches.... 88 pitches through 7.. he should be able to go 8 for Gwinnett today.

I'm curious to know how hard he is throwing. Anyone remember his velocity from his one game with the Braves?

chipchildress
05-04-2016, 11:34 AM
With Smith starting to show that he can hang with the big club and maybe more along with Acuna proving he's a real prospect this year, I've given into the belief the Inciarte will be shipped out at any time. So with that said, what kind of trade value does he have on his own?

bravesfanMatt
05-04-2016, 11:34 AM
I'm curious to know how hard he is throwing. Anyone remember his velocity from his one game with the Braves?

isn't he coming back from an injury? or am I confusing him with any other Brave's pitcher?

dak
05-04-2016, 11:46 AM

Here are the FG velocity stats. Looks like 88-92 with the FB.

http://www.fangraphs.com/pitchfx.aspx?playerid=9174&position=P

CJ9
05-04-2016, 11:57 AM
With Smith starting to show that he can hang with the big club and maybe more along with Acuna proving he's a real prospect this year, I've given into the belief the Inciarte will be shipped out at any time. So with that said, what kind of trade value does he have on his own?

Totally agree. I'd use him and maybe some of our pitching depth if needed to go get a power bat, preferably a right-handed corner outfielder.

50PoundHead
05-04-2016, 12:00 PM
isn't he coming back from an injury? or am I confusing him with any other Brave's pitcher?

He missed all of 2013 and a lot of 2014 due to injury. Not sure if it was Tommy John surgery, but he was out.

clvclv
05-04-2016, 12:15 PM
Burnett with a clean inning - could we possibly be getting closer to bidding adieu to EOF???

clvclv
05-04-2016, 12:30 PM
I know it's something that many will snicker at, but with the schedule finally beginning to become somewhat more favorable, we really could be getting fairly close to something that resembles a major league team pretty soon. Assuming Mallex stays with the big club and slides over to LF when Ender's activated and Beckham can be somewhere close to as productive as he was before he went down, we'd have balance from both sides of the plate AND could go back to carrying an extra arm in the pen...

C- A. J./Flowers
1B- Freeman/KJ/Adonis
2B- Beckham/KJ/Castro
SS- Aybar/Castro
3B- Adonis/KJ/Castro
LF- Mallex/Adonis/Frenchy/KJ
CF- Inciarte/Mallex
RF- Markakis/Inciarte/Frenchy

If we could just get ANYTHING out of Aybar, you might finally be able to start stringing a few hits together and be able to score a few more runs without adding power.

Now don't get me wrong - I'm not saying we'll be "good" by any stretch, but we'd certainly have a pretty good chance to be better than we've been. If Julio's back, Blair's Blair, Wisler's turning the corner, and Chacin continues to pitch well we could reasonably expect to start winning a few games now that we're not playing contenders EVERY DAY.

clvclv
05-04-2016, 12:39 PM
Jace with a one out knock to keep Gwinnett alive in the bottom of the 11th.

msstate7
05-04-2016, 12:40 PM
Jace with a one out knock to keep Gwinnett alive in the bottom of the 11th.

He playing 2b?

Garmel
05-04-2016, 12:44 PM
Albies gets the game winning hit!!!

Garmel
05-04-2016, 12:46 PM
He playing 2b?

Yep

50PoundHead
05-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Albies gets the game winning hit!!!

Ozymandias!

UNCBlue012
05-04-2016, 01:36 PM
Yay Ozzie! Dude's stats are just horrible so far in AAA, but he's absolutely crushing everything at someone.

bravesfanMatt
05-04-2016, 01:38 PM
Yay Ozzie! Dude's stats are just horrible so far in AAA, but he's absolutely crushing everything at someone.

are you watching MiLB tv? haven't seen any AAA with him.

cajunrevenge
05-04-2016, 03:59 PM
Not a bad thing.

Not a good thing.

Hudson2
05-04-2016, 09:55 PM
Swanson ends up 4-5. Still can't believe he was traded.

Braves1976
05-04-2016, 10:08 PM
Astudillo with a homer and two RBI's tonight, he's not known for homers so thought I mention it. Great game by Swanson despite his first error at short in AA.

Hudson2
05-04-2016, 10:13 PM
I've been keeping up with Alex Bregman some this year. He's a SS but could switch over to 3b, would the Astros trade him?

Braves1976
05-04-2016, 10:24 PM
I've been keeping up with Alex Bregman some this year. He's a SS but could switch over to 3b, would the Astros trade him?

Every prospect has a price, but I'd imagine it would take a lot to get him. I don't see them throwing him in a trade a la Arizona for Miller.

Hudson2
05-04-2016, 10:25 PM
If Teheran keeps this up for the next month or so would Teheran for Bregman work? I'd do it

Braves1976
05-04-2016, 10:32 PM
If Teheran keeps this up for the next month or so would Teheran for Bregman work? I'd do it

Not sure, but I would probably do that deal too. However, I'd guess you'd have a better shot at trading Teheran to Chicago for Contreras and Underwood. But I am not saying either will be on the table for Teheran, just they are players I'd be interested in if we do trade Teheran.

chop2chip
05-05-2016, 12:50 AM
Bregman would be the centerpiece for a legit ace ala Sonny Gray. I don't see the Astros settling for Teheran.

auyushu
05-05-2016, 05:37 AM
Bregman would be the centerpiece for a legit ace ala Sonny Gray. I don't see the Astros settling for Teheran.

Yeah, not after Bregman has exploded like he has for sure. If we wanted Bregman we'd have needed to be willing to discuss trading Freddie this past offseason, which is still sort of annoying to me we wouldn't even consider it. A Freeman and Julio (Viz in there for an expanded trade if needed) for AJ Reed, Bregman, Velaquez, and Kyle Tucker trade would look pretty good right now to me.

smootness
05-05-2016, 08:48 AM
Yeah, not after Bregman has exploded like he has for sure. If we wanted Bregman we'd have needed to be willing to discuss trading Freddie this past offseason, which is still sort of annoying to me we wouldn't even consider it. A Freeman and Julio (Viz in there for an expanded trade if needed) for AJ Reed, Bregman, Velaquez, and Kyle Tucker trade would look pretty good right now to me.

I don't think there's any way you would get that package from Houston. That's the kind of package you throw out for Goldschmidt.

Hudson2
05-05-2016, 08:50 AM
For Freeman and Teheran it should fetch that all day.

smootness
05-05-2016, 08:59 AM
For Freeman and Teheran it should fetch that all day.

Wait...are we talking about Vincent Velasquez? Because he's pitching in Philadelphia...and killing it.

But Reed, Bregman, and Tucker alone are probably the Astros' top 3 prospects and 3 of the top 30 or so prospects in all of baseball right now. They're not going to give that up.

Tapate50
05-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Wait...are we talking about Vincent Velasquez? Because he's pitching in Philadelphia...and killing it.

But Reed, Bregman, and Tucker alone are probably the Astros' top 3 prospects and 3 of the top 30 or so prospects in all of baseball right now. They're not going to give that up.

Well, I agree it won't fetch that return but it really shouldn't be that far off.... We are talking about a cheap no 2, and a cost controlled AS candidate at 1B all signed to long term deals.

2 Top 50 players in MLB? Probably.

smootness
05-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Well, I agree it won't fetch that return but it really shouldn't be that far off.... We are talking about a cheap no 2, and a cost controlled AS candidate at 1B all signed to long term deals.

2 Top 50 players in MLB? Probably.

I think you would be hard-pressed to find any national analyst that would rank them both in the top 50 right now. MLB Network ranked the top 100 before the season and didn't have either one on the list at all. CBS Sports put Freeman #55 but didn't include Teheran in the top 100.

Tapate50
05-05-2016, 09:28 AM
I think you would be hard-pressed to find any national analyst that would rank them both in the top 50 right now. MLB Network ranked the top 100 before the season and didn't have either one on the list at all. CBS Sports put Freeman #55 but didn't include Teheran in the top 100.

Of course, the list is fluid. Freeman is playing like dog crap, and Julio can't get much help but they are probably there in my mind. Probably right, top 50 is probably generous with relievers included (which I forgot). If they are performing to expectations I think they are still right there.....Homer glasses and all.

auyushu
05-05-2016, 06:51 PM

I was talking about this past offseason smootness, before Houston made the Giles trade with Philly. The Astros were looking for a starting pitcher and closer, and were interested in Freeman. Tucker is not anywhere close to a top 30 prospect right now, he wasn't even top 50 on most lists this offseason. Bregman was top 50, but not top 30 then. Now of course he'll be jumping up the lists, and be top 25 for sure, but this past offseason he hadn't blown up yet. I think we could have gotten those 4 pretty easily for Freeman, Julio, and Viz this past offseason before the Astros gave up that big package for Giles.

Right now there is no way in hell the Astros would do it of course. But of course right now there is no way in hell they do that trade with the Phils either. It makes me a sad panda that we went for Folty rather than Velaquez in our Gattis trade.

Braves1976
05-05-2016, 06:58 PM
I was talking about this past offseason smootness, before Houston made the Giles trade with Philly. The Astros were looking for a starting pitcher and closer, and were interested in Freeman. Tucker is not anywhere close to a top 30 prospect right now, he wasn't even top 75 on most lists this offseason. Bregman was top 50, but not top 30 then. Now of course he'll be jumping up the lists, and be top 25 for sure, but this past offseason he hadn't blown up yet. I think we could have gotten those 4 pretty easily for Freeman, Julio, and Viz this past offseason before the Astros gave up that big package for Giles.

Right now there is no way in hell the Astros would do it of course. But of course right now there is no way in hell that do that trade with the Phils either. It makes me a sad panda that we went for Folty rather than Velaquez in our Gattis trade.

Yea, as I told nsacpi at the time I didn't think much of either pitcher in the Gattis deal at the time or the trade and I think even less of both now. Hopefully Ruiz makes that trade help in some way and/or we trade Folty for someone that does.