PDA

View Full Version : My plea for common sense

zitothebrave
08-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Since we just lost our leadoff man for the season, and Uggla has some time before coming back. Why not bring up Tommy La Stella? It's a move that really should have been made when Uggla went down, but certainly should have been made when Pastor went down. Janish starting is pathetic. We have pitchers who hit better than him.

So even if it's only for a week, given that we just lost our leadoff man, why not bring Tommy up to make his mark. Maybe he's hot for a week and willing to move to LF when Uggla comes back, who knows. All i know is that for the next week we're gonna need all the firepower we can bring up.

Dunit24
08-22-2013, 07:57 AM
I agree. La Stella would be a good option right now. Why not?

thethe
08-22-2013, 07:58 AM
I am now thinking its a bad sign that LaStella hasn't been brought up. If the Braves felt he was close to being ready he would be here.

zitothebrave
08-22-2013, 08:07 AM
Personally I think it's because the Braves didn't want to call him up for 15 days then send him down and stall his development or it was because they didn't want to start his clock. . But at this point it has to be all hands on deck .We just lost one of our best players and another has been out with a nagging back injury. To make way for him on the 40 man we can move Huddy to the 60 day, or just cut that bum we claimed.

gilesfan
08-22-2013, 09:02 AM
Maybe they don't think he's ready. At least with Janish, you know you get good defense.

Its less than 10 days, really isn't going to make a difference either way. I could play second for that long.

50PoundHead
08-22-2013, 09:10 AM
I am now thinking its a bad sign that LaStella hasn't been brought up. If the Braves felt he was close to being ready he would be here.

I agree with this and the other angle is that LaStella does not have to go on the 40-man roster over the winter to prevent being exposed to the Rule 5 draft. The 40-man roster angle may seem short-sighted, but the Braves look to be one of those franchises that takes things like that very seriously. Plus, if anyone goes on the 60-day DL, they have to go back on the 40-man roster over the winter, so there simply might not be space for LaStella.

CJC
08-22-2013, 09:19 AM
Since we just lost our leadoff man for the season, and Uggla has some time before coming back. Why not bring up Tommy La Stella? It's a move that really should have been made when Uggla went down, but certainly should have been made when Pastor went down. Janish starting is pathetic. We have pitchers who hit better than him.

So even if it's only for a week, given that we just lost our leadoff man, why not bring Tommy up to make his mark. Maybe he's hot for a week and willing to move to LF when Uggla comes back, who knows. All i know is that for the next week we're gonna need all the firepower we can bring up.

Because we'd start his Arby clock for 6-7 games. I'm willing to wait until Sept. 1