PDA

View Full Version : Folty elbow issue.

The Chosen One
06-04-2016, 12:04 AM
Chip and Joe are saying Folty has an elbow issue and might miss star tomorrow.

Welp.

CrimsonCowboy
06-04-2016, 12:17 AM
Being reported, DOB, Grant McAuley, that Folty is on the DL and Bud Norris will start Saturday's game.

Oklahomabrave
06-04-2016, 12:20 AM
Read bone spurs. Not sure how long that will shelve him.

cajunrevenge
06-04-2016, 12:34 AM
blah blah TJ surgery blah blah

chop2chip
06-04-2016, 12:37 AM
Read bone spurs. Not sure how long that will shelve him.
Everyone seems to think its very minor and not ligament related at all. Don't know what they'll have to do, but seems the consensus is 2 weeks max.

zbhargrove
06-04-2016, 05:26 AM
Everyone seems to think its very minor and not ligament related at all. Don't know what they'll have to do, but seems the consensus is 2 weeks max.

I think the fear is that all of these reports for TJ pitchers seem to start out as "not serious... no ligament damage"

GovClintonTyree
06-04-2016, 08:35 AM
I think the fear is that all of these reports for TJ pitchers seem to start out as "not serious... no ligament damage"

Yeah, but they copped to the elbow this time. It wasn't "forearm tightness."

NinersSBChamps
06-04-2016, 10:45 AM
This affects the team how?

zbhargrove
06-04-2016, 11:12 AM
This affects the team how?

Oh, I don't know... he's just been one of our best young pitchers in the past month or so and could be a cornerstone of the rebuild...

smootness
06-04-2016, 11:16 AM

Well, bone spurs is a pretty specific injury. So unless they're just lying to everybody, it sounds like it's bone spurs.

zbhargrove
06-04-2016, 11:18 AM
Well, bone spurs is a pretty specific injury. So unless they're just lying to everybody, it sounds like it's bone spurs.

I was just speaking to the smart a** comment about how an injury to one of our young starters effects the team.

jpx7
06-04-2016, 11:29 AM
Yeah, but they copped to the elbow this time. It wasn't "forearm tightness."

Yea, the team only mentions the elbow when catastrophic elbow-ligament reconstruction isn't necessary. Quite the cunning ruse, if you ask me.

NinersSBChamps
06-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Oh, I don't know... he's just been one of our best young pitchers in the past month or so and could be a cornerstone of the rebuild...

I didn't know you rebuild around a pitcher who can't keep the ball in park or go deep into games.

jpx7
06-04-2016, 01:19 PM
I didn't know you rebuild around a pitcher who can't keep the ball in park or go deep into games.

Making a strong early-season run to eliminate that "Co-", huh?

The Chosen One
06-04-2016, 01:20 PM

There's a reason Heyward (the poster) has been lurking more and posting less. He's trying to give no reason to repeat again.

NinersSBChamps
06-04-2016, 01:55 PM
There's a reason Heyward (the poster) has been lurking more and posting less. He's trying to give no reason to repeat again.

Such a cop out. And you just admitted that there was no voting and that the awards are predetermined. Hashtag fixed

NinersSBChamps
06-04-2016, 01:56 PM

I suppose so. Not loving the Braves every move or slurping the players is grounds for being "the worst poster."

jpx7
06-04-2016, 02:09 PM
I suppose so. Not loving the Braves every move or slurping the players is grounds for being "the worst poster."

There's a difference between "not loving the Braves' every more" and being intentionally dense. I'm plenty critical of the Human Centijohn running this ship, but I also recognize (a) that there's more to Foltynewicz's future prospects that "can't keep the ball in park or go deep into games" and (b) that, while they're not just "rebuild around [I]a [single] pitcher", Foltynewicz nonetheless could be a key part of the rebuild.

jpx7
06-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Such a cop out. And you just admitted that there was no voting and that the awards are predetermined. Hashtag fixed

Just like the NBA playoffs, right? And you still watch both. I have reason to believe you must just be a really big fan of obvious narratives.
:Bowman:

Julio3000
06-04-2016, 02:29 PM
Just like the NBA playoffs, right? And you still watch both. I have reason to believe you must just be a really big fan of obvious narratives.
:Bowman:

Nah, homey is just playing the long game. The NBA playoffs were fixed in favor of OKC, just for a redemptive narrative NEXT YEAR.

jpx7
06-04-2016, 02:35 PM
Nah, homey is just playing the long game. The NBA playoffs were fixed in favor of OKC, just for a redemptive narrative NEXT YEAR.

Leagues always be tweaking hard on that pathos.

The Chosen One
06-04-2016, 02:38 PM

I never admitted such a thing at all. Secret ballot means I sent PM's to objective posters and they voted. Just like Hall of Fame Ballot has option to keep votes anonymous.

zbhargrove
06-04-2016, 02:44 PM

Cool... So you haven't watched him pitch this year. That's all I need to know

NinersSBChamps
06-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Cool... So you haven't watched him pitch this year. That's all I need to know

Averages a shade over 5 innings a start and allows about a home run in that same time frame.

yeezus
06-06-2016, 06:59 AM
can we all just ignore the moron troll?