PDA

View Full Version : MONDAY 6/6 MINOR FINAL THREAD ... Allard debuts for Rome!

rico43
06-06-2016, 08:27 AM
MONDAY'S MINOR LEAGUE RESULTS

CLASS AAA

Lehigh Valley 3, Gwinnett 0 (7)

LP: Harrell (2-1) 5 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
Marksberry 1 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
Roney 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K

Mustelier 1-3, 3B
Ruiz 1-2, BB
Albies 0-2, BB
Only two hits!

CLASS AA

Mississippi 3, Tennessee 1

SP: Mateo 4 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
WP: Kinman (1-2) 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K
Cabrera 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K
Cunniff (Save, 2) 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K

D. Peterson 2-4, 2 RBI
Lipka 1-2, R, 2 BB

ADVANCED CLASS A

Carolina 11, Frederick 3
8-run 4th inning!

WP: Witherow (4-4) 5 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
Bird 1 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
Peterson 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
Phillips 1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K

Odom 3-5, 2B, 2 HR (6th), 5 RBI
Murphy 1-3, 2 R, HR (2nd), 3 RBI
Meneses 2-4, R, RBI
Gebhardt 1-4, 2B, R, RBI

CLASS A

Charleston 13, Rome 4

LP: Allard (0-1) 4 IP, 5 H, 6 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, 2 HR
Custred 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K
Sobotka 0.2 IP, 0 H, 2 ER, 4 BB, 1 K
G. Jones 1.1 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
Geekie 1 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 2 K

Didder 2-4, HR (3rd), RBI
Castro 1-4, 3B, R
Dykstra 1-4, RBI

DSL

DSL Braves 8, DSL Nationals 6
Braves 4 total hits

SP: Lopez 2 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
De La Cruz 2 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
Abreu 1.2 IP, 0 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
Javier 1 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
WP: Joaquin (1-0) 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
Rodriguez (Save, 1) 1 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K

Michel 1-4, R
Juan Morales 0-4, 3 K
Martina (C) 1-2, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI
Ovando 1-3, 3B, R, RBI, BB

CrimsonCowboy
06-06-2016, 05:29 PM

atl717
06-06-2016, 05:38 PM
That is exciting!

atl717
06-06-2016, 06:54 PM
Allard gets blasted. Sigh.

bravesfanMatt
06-06-2016, 06:56 PM
Allard gets blasted. Sigh.

Young man pitching in his first A ball game. It is fine.

atl717
06-06-2016, 07:02 PM
Young man pitching in his first A ball game. It is fine.

Of course it is. I am not worried about Allard. It just continues the theme of a frustrating and underwhelming minor league season so far for our system.

Deester11
06-06-2016, 09:20 PM
Of course it is. I am not worried about Allard. It just continues the theme of a frustrating and underwhelming minor league season so far for our system.

Underwhelming is a little strong for me. I've been to Rome and watched most of the guys there. There are more tools than you realize there. Additionally, some of the young arms just don't throw strikes. Watch any of those games (Even saw Newcomb once and Fried once), one thing is common..WHEN...WHEN...WHEN...they throw strikes, they are tough. Very tough. They also all get unhinged by a crazy freak inning that turns into more. It'll take time, but I've never been more excited about the progress.

bravos4evr
06-06-2016, 09:59 PM

I've never been concerned with minor league team results, or even individual results until they develop more. The team success has no correlation to prospect quality or potential and prospects can develop any number of ways.

atl717
06-06-2016, 10:01 PM
I've never been concerned with minor league team results, or even individual results until they develop more. The team success has no correlation to prospect quality or potential and prospects can develop any number of ways.

I am underwhelmed by the individual production. Don't care about team results.

CrimsonCowboy
06-06-2016, 10:35 PM
Noticed Swanson did not play tonight for the M-Braves. No injury or anything. He left the team for a bit to attend the funeral tomorrow of Donny Everett, the Vanderbilt baseball player who died last week.

bravos4evr
06-06-2016, 10:37 PM
don't sweat results too hard until guys move up and get some age and experience on them. even then, some guys will be throwing for development rather than stat reasons. working on a pitch, getting shelled, but getting a better feel.... it takes time. Heck, some guys , especially arms, do better in MLB than the minors. I know Huddy used to talk about "everyone swings away down there" when he went on rehab assignments!

50PoundHead
06-07-2016, 07:38 AM
Deester and other folks who have seen Rome play: What is the word on Ray-Patrick Didder? He has never shown up on any top prospect lists for us and his stats have been spotty (and he's been a slow riser in the intro leagues which is never a good sign), but he looks to be having his best season as a pro. Is there anything there?

Tapate50
06-07-2016, 07:41 AM
Was hoping to see Peterson's power blossom this season, but it seems like his bat is going to profile more as a 4th OF.

Julio3000
06-07-2016, 08:11 AM
Most of our legit prospects are young for their level. I'd pay more attention to second-half performances than to first-half, and I wouldn't out much stock in conventional numbers at all.

Deester11
06-07-2016, 08:47 AM
Deester and other folks who have seen Rome play: What is the word on Ray-Patrick Didder? He has never shown up on any top prospect lists for us and his stats have been spotty (and he's been a slow riser in the intro leagues which is never a good sign), but he looks to be having his best season as a pro. Is there anything there?

I first saw Didder in Rookie ball down in Orlando. I think when we signed him he was signed as a SS. When I saw him, he was at 2B and now he's playing CF. When you think of raw, he could be in the dictionary for it. He never hit HR's before this year but he would always hit line drives. I think they've worked with him on getting some loft because his swing looks different to me. Not vastly, but somewhat. I think he's learning the game of baseball because he's been athletic and projection only.

The games I saw at Rome, he was overshadowed by Acuna, Leudys Baez (who can be interesting if he puts it together), and Riley. He has become a solid player. The Braves thought a lot of him when they signed him. He'll be a step by step player and could be more. Depending on the talent they bring in though, I would suspect he gets left out if our best potential International class to date comes to fruition.

Long story short, I like Didder. He's still learning baseball, but given a chance, he could be solid.

50PoundHead
06-07-2016, 10:37 AM
I first saw Didder in Rookie ball down in Orlando. I think when we signed him he was signed as a SS. When I saw him, he was at 2B and now he's playing CF. When you think of raw, he could be in the dictionary for it. He never hit HR's before this year but he would always hit line drives. I think they've worked with him on getting some loft because his swing looks different to me. Not vastly, but somewhat. I think he's learning the game of baseball because he's been athletic and projection only.

The games I saw at Rome, he was overshadowed by Acuna, Leudys Baez (who can be interesting if he puts it together), and Riley. He has become a solid player. The Braves thought a lot of him when they signed him. He'll be a step by step player and could be more. Depending on the talent they bring in though, I would suspect he gets left out if our best potential International class to date comes to fruition.

Long story short, I like Didder. He's still learning baseball, but given a chance, he could be solid.

Thanks for the scouting report. I was always surprised that they moved Didder off SS so quickly, but the player development staff watches these guys every day and there has been a shortage of OFs in the system, so it does make some sense that they moved him to the OF. Curious to see if Didder is moved to Carolina at some point this season. My rule-of-thumb is that you want a guy in AA by the time you have to make the 40-man roster decision on him and Didder is a bit behind that curve right now. Also curious to see if they give him more time in the IF at some point to enhance his versatility.

DaneHill
06-07-2016, 10:52 AM
Noticed Swanson did not play tonight for the M-Braves. No injury or anything. He left the team for a bit to attend the funeral tomorrow of Donny Everett, the Vanderbilt baseball player who died last week.

Kolby Allard seems to be affected by Everett's death as well. He's tweeted about him a few times now. I would assume they played together somewhere the past few years. Doubt that would have affected his performance yesterday, but you never know.

Enscheff
06-07-2016, 11:30 AM
don't sweat results too hard until guys move up and get some age and experience on them. even then, some guys will be throwing for development rather than stat reasons. working on a pitch, getting shelled, but getting a better feel.... it takes time. Heck, some guys , especially arms, do better in MLB than the minors. I know Huddy used to talk about "everyone swings away down there" when he went on rehab assignments!

And if Allard came out and struck out 10 guys in 4 innings everyone would be drooling. Allard is a supposed to be a stud, and he got shelled. That is NOT good, no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

smootness
06-07-2016, 11:37 AM
And if Allard came out and struck out 10 guys in 4 innings everyone would be drooling. Allard is a supposed to be a stud, and he got shelled. That is NOT good, no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

Haha what? It's his first game in almost a year. It doesn't mean anything.

bravesfanMatt
06-07-2016, 11:39 AM

No.. just like when Ozzie/swanson/Ruiz were streaking..most level headed members were excited but stated they needed more time..

It really is ok to get excited about good games and bummed about bad ones.. just don't read into the little things too much.

Preacher
06-07-2016, 11:44 AM

Its also not a big deal; no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

Garmel
06-07-2016, 11:46 AM

Yeah, the irony of you calling the people here stupid all the time and then you make a post like this is hilarious.

yeezus
06-07-2016, 12:26 PM

it really just doesn't mean much of anything

bravos4evr
06-07-2016, 12:29 PM

I don't know how to respond without sounding a bit a-holey, but dude, do you even baseball? It's one start....... do you think Trout and Kershaw came out from the start and just dominated the entire way? they didn't. players struggle sometimes, especially in their first shot at pro ball because of nerves, trying to be the " #x,y,z prospect" and because they have to learn. It's not the NFL where draftees come up and either make an impact or are considered "busts". Allard will be a different pitcher come 2021 when he's ready to make the big squad, have a little patience!

Enscheff
06-07-2016, 04:26 PM
I didn't say it meant anything, all I said was it was NOT good. I was trying to point out the homerism of the posters here chalking a bad outing up to "it doesn't matter", while getting excited about his amazing 6 innings last year.

I'm sorry if I offended any of you by calling Allard's first outing of 2016 "NOT good". Some of you are a bit hypersensitive, my god.

bravos4evr
06-07-2016, 04:31 PM
dude..... you obviously were implying that this was some sort of warning sign about his development. (and if you weren't then what was the point of your post?) all we said was that freaking out about one start as some sort of future omen of performance was premature and silly.

smootness
06-07-2016, 04:36 PM
I didn't say it meant anything, all I said was it was NOT good. I was trying to point out the homerism of the posters here chalking a bad outing up to "it doesn't matter", while getting excited about his amazing 6 innings last year.

I'm sorry if I offended any of you by calling Allard's first outing of 2016 "NOT good". Some of you are a bit hypersensitive, my god.

Did anyone say Allard's start was good?

Enscheff
06-07-2016, 04:41 PM
dude..... you obviously were implying that this was some sort of warning sign about his development. (and if you weren't then what was the point of your post?) all we said was that freaking out about one start as some sort of future omen of performance was premature and silly.

I don't see a single hint in my post about indications of the future. I stated that a supposed stud getting shelled is not good. And it isn't good. Most of you are just waiting to jump my **** the moment I post anything that gives even the slightest cause to get all riled up. It is a classic group think mentality when a group dislikes a person.

I am far more worried about his injury history and the fact it took him until early June to get into his first game than I am about the first 4 innings of 2016.

Sorry for the comment about his injury issues as well, I guess. I'm sure more than one of you will get your panties all knotted up over it.

Enscheff
06-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Did anyone say Allard's start was good?

Nope, but good starts are drooled over, bad starts "don't matter". It was literally just happening with Sims. He was dominant for a while, and everyone was all over his nuts. Now he tosses a few clunkers and "it doesn't matter".

But feel free to jump my **** for pointing stuff like this out. I'm a big boy, I can take the internet jabs from you guys haha!

bravos4evr
06-07-2016, 04:49 PM
I don't see a single hint in my post about indications of the future. I stated that a supposed stud getting shelled is not good. And it isn't good. Most of you are just waiting to jump my **** the moment I post anything that gives even the slightest cause to get all riled up. It is a classic group think mentality when a group dislikes a person.

I am far more worried about his injury history and the fact it took him until early June to get into his first game than I am about the first 4 innings of 2016.

Sorry for the comment about his injury issues as well, I guess. I'm sure more than one of you will get your panties all knotted up over it.

I haven't been here long enough to know anything about any "group think" or have any personal beef with you dude. i read your post, and it was pretty damn obvious you were getting overly alarmed over one start. IDK how old you are, or how long you have been following baseball, but it was a very irrational response that seemed to be designed to draw attention rather than be based on any actual evidence that we should be concerned about Allard after 10 minor league innings.

yeezus
06-07-2016, 08:25 PM
i legitimately think if Allard came out dominating it would be great, but a rough start after time off is expected and means little to nothing

Heyward
06-07-2016, 09:11 PM
It would have been nice if Allard never had a bad start ever in his career but thats not how baseball works.

Julio was pretty awful in the minors a in 2009 or 2010-2011, and hes had a pretty good career.

No pitcher is gonna be great every start.

Enscheff is an idiot so not surprising he thinks its a huge deal.