PDA

View Full Version : Braves Roster Moves 8-23

tvsportscaster
08-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Jason Heyward placed on the 15 day DL, Paul Maholm to take his spot.
Phil Gosselin sent to Gwinnett to make room for Elliot Johnson.

So they will play with a short bench at least for the time being.

bravesnumberone
08-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Honestly, I've got a weird feeling that Minor might be DLed soon.

Dunit24
08-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Might be the best thing for him and Teheran. Give them rest and make sure they are not burnt out for the postseason.

tvsportscaster
08-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Honestly, I've got a weird feeling that Minor might be DLed soon.

They're already skipping Minor tonight, no need to DL him. He want pitch again until Tuesday

bravesnumberone
08-22-2013, 03:30 PM
They're already skipping Minor tonight, no need to DL him. He want pitch again until Tuesday

I'm saying does he really need to be pushed all the way back to Tuesday? I don't mind him staying fresh, but the timing and where he was moved seemed odd. We'll see how good he is Tuesday. I wonder if we'll go with the short bench until Uggla gets back, which I would think would be some time next week.

Enscheff
08-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Hate to say it, but Minor and/or Teheran are just about due for TJ surgery. Wouldn't shock me in the least.

skillet
08-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Elliot Johnson better be another Andrelton at 2nd because he can't hit his way out of a wet paper bag. He is awful. Why in the world we are letting La Stella, who is an excellent hitter, rot in AA and claim someone like Johnson is beyond me.

Hawk
08-22-2013, 05:48 PM
Hate to say it, but Minor and/or Teheran are just about due for TJ surgery. Wouldn't shock me in the least.

What the ****? I feel like this board needs crisis counselors today.

emk418
08-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Elliot Johnson better be another Andrelton at 2nd because he can't hit his way out of a wet paper bag. He is awful. Why in the world we are letting La Stella, who is an excellent hitter, rot in AA and claim someone like Johnson is beyond me.

Because it doesn't make sense to rush him when 2B is a short term need. DOB even said if Uggla was out for an extended period of time then La Stella would have gotten the call.