PDA

View Full Version : Win total for the season

NinersSBChamps
08-22-2013, 10:02 PM
We have 77 wins as of tonight. I think we end up with 88 and the three seed in the playoffs. Nats will win 82 games and if the season was longer we would blow the division.

BoneThrower
08-22-2013, 10:12 PM
Gonna go grab some popcorn for this thread....

The Chosen One
08-22-2013, 10:22 PM
We have 77 wins as of tonight. I think we end up with 88 and the three seed in the playoffs. Nats will win 82 games and if the season was longer we would blow the division.

You think we're only going to win 11 more games? lol

If we win only 88 games or less, I will suspend myself for a 2 weeks after the playoffs.

bravesnumberone
08-22-2013, 10:24 PM
If we finish with 88 wins, I will give myself Tommy John and not watch the Braves until next August.

NinersSBChamps
08-22-2013, 10:28 PM
You think we're only going to win 11 more games? lol

If we win only 88 games or less, I will suspend myself for a 2 weeks after the playoffs.

It's not that far-fetched. Pitching Maholm every fifth day is basically an auto loss. Not too mention our great second basemen and center fielders.

The Chosen One
08-22-2013, 10:40 PM
It's not that far-fetched. Pitching Maholm every fifth day is basically an auto loss. Not too mention our great second basemen and center fielders.

We've fortunately only lost one starter on offense and one starting pitcher (assuming Beachy isn't out again).

Our 2010 team won more games with less talent. We were throwing D-Lee, Omar, Prado sucked the last month, Heyward cooled off, and we had Ankiel in center. Heyward went down around the same time as Chipper did in 2010 with that ankle injury.

We are lucky we only lost Heyward. I have doubts BJ and Uggla will be this terrible the last month and a half. One of them will have a mini-hot streak. We still have Freeman, McCann, Justin, BABIP, and possibility BJ and Uggla might be ok.

CyYoung31
08-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Someone needs to make an avatar bet towards this.

The Chosen One
08-22-2013, 10:46 PM
I don't see how a broken jaw could keep him out all of October honestly, other than being rusty.

I'd have him in there just for defensive purposes.

He may be a little shy about diving for fear of falling on his jaw, but man... even if his bat would suck his defensive value in RF are enough.

weso1
08-22-2013, 10:54 PM
niners and lockhart definitely need to bet on this one.

NinersSBChamps
08-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Give me 100:1 odds or something.

cajunrevenge
08-23-2013, 12:18 AM
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, you are the third kind.

http://www.lolroflmao.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/3LMKq.jpg

The Chosen One
08-23-2013, 12:25 AM

If niners wins, I will let him in your clique.

I have already vowed to suspend myself for 2 weeks following any postseason play.

NinersSBChamps
08-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Sure what the heck. I have bad odds here, so me being back in the clique and SAV suspension for 2 weeks (everyone wins here). :)

So Braves win 88 games or less and I win the bet. SAV is done for two weeks after baseball season ends for Braves and I am back in the clique that I essentially started. I will also suspend myself for two weeks if SAV wins.

NinersSBChamps
08-23-2013, 08:55 AM
Sure what the heck. I have bad odds here, so me being back in the clique and SAV suspension for 2 weeks (everyone wins here). :)

So Braves win 88 games or less and I win the bet. SAV is done for two weeks after baseball season ends for Braves and I am back in the clique that I essentially started. I will also suspend myself for two weeks if SAV wins.

bravebonebook
08-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Are some fans 'rooting' for the Braves to fail? I want them to win every game. I want them to win the division AND best record! I don't want "common sense" or "intelligence" to weigh in! I want a World Series championship! Why would I even think such things if I'm a fan of the team. Until the last out, I don't want to believe that they won't win!

Are Braves fans so dejected that they find reasons to believe their team will lose??

NinersSBChamps
08-23-2013, 10:14 AM
I am no less a fan of the Braves because I think we are going to struggle to end the regular season. I hope I am dead wrong. I call it like I see it. If I am wrong than so be it. I just don't have expectations for the Braves now. Hope more than anything that we win it all. I just don't expect us to win a playoff series with injuries piling up and our rotation looking beleaguered.

Runnin
08-23-2013, 10:17 AM
It's not that far-fetched. Pitching Maholm every fifth day is basically an auto loss.
Well that's a bunch of negative BS. Maholm is 9-10 and has pitched mostly on the road. He's a solid 5th starter and he's exactly what we need right now, somebody to eat innings and keep us in the game.

zbhargrove
08-23-2013, 12:43 PM

Actually if Maholm pitches at home it will basically be an auto win... but it doesn't surprise me you haven't even looked at the splits.

zbhargrove
08-23-2013, 12:44 PM
I am no less a fan of the Braves because I think we are going to struggle to end the regular season. I hope I am dead wrong. I call it like I see it. If I am wrong than so be it. I just don't have expectations for the Braves now. Hope more than anything that we win it all. I just don't expect us to win a playoff series with injuries piling up and our rotation looking beleaguered.

No one's questioning you being a Braves fan... but lets face it and be honest with yourself... you are always pretty much in jump off a cliff mode