PDA

View Full Version : Division Race/Washington Nats

bravesfan247
08-24-2013, 07:36 PM
Is anyone else concerned that the Nats are going to make this interesting before its over?

tvsportscaster
08-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Is anyone else concerned that the Nats are going to make this interesting before its over?

No simply because of the schedule. Even if it goes down to 12 games tonight, the Braves have only four games left with teams over .500. With that schedule it will be very difficult to choke away their lead. That being said if they don't start hitting, anything can happen.

bravesfan247
08-24-2013, 07:44 PM
Im curious how many on this board thought two years ago it was impossible?

tvsportscaster
08-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Im curious how many on this board thought two years ago it was impossible?

I'm not saying it's impossible. In fact, it's what happened two years ago, they we are even broaching the subject with a 13 game lead this late in August. We saw it happen. But again I think because of the schedule, that is very unlikely it will happen again this year.

bravesnumberone
08-24-2013, 09:40 PM
I don't want to say they can catch us, but if we don't start showing some life soon, and if people don't start stepping up in the absence of Heyward, it's definitely going to get interesting. We need a win tomorrow in the biggest way possible.

VirginiaBrave
08-24-2013, 10:54 PM
This is not two yrs. ago. Totally different situation, the pen was worn out. When we win five of the next eight and they lose five of eight it will balance out. We'll be fine. The Cards are just doing to us what we did to them.

Bdawg2309
08-24-2013, 10:59 PM
the nats do have a very favorable schedule as well.

home vs the braves
the rest vs marlins,mets,phillies up until the last week, when they finish off on the road at STL and ARZ

Heyward
08-25-2013, 10:30 AM
A little bit.

Nats schedule is cake from here on out minus the two series to end the year.

NinersSBChamps
08-25-2013, 11:41 AM
NT

Nerfherders
08-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Nats are 15-5 in their last 20 non-Braves matchups. If we lose this it will be a choke for the ages. 16 with 38 to play has to be a bigger choke than even the '69 Cubs who lost 17 games in the standings in their last 43. The Mets had a 38-11 finish that year.

Dalyn
08-25-2013, 12:44 PM
You guys are crazy. There are problems with the team, and they are going to hurt us in the playoffs, but the Nationals aren't even truly in the Wild Card race, let alone the Division.

Dalyn
08-25-2013, 12:45 PM
I don't even think Fredi can mess this up, though I know he will try.

zitothebrave
08-25-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm not saying it's impossible. In fact, it's what happened two years ago, they we are even broaching the subject with a 13 game lead this late in August. We saw it happen. But again I think because of the schedule, that is very unlikely it will happen again this year.

Also we are a better team and while we have had injury issues, not as drastic at 2011 was (Chipper out, Prado limping, etc)

Never know what may happen. But we're basically playing our worst ball right now, at some point we'll come out of that and go on a tear. Justin, Freddie, Mac, and Johnson is enough offense for how good our pitching is, when you add in that someone of Uggla, Bossman, Schafer or Gattis is bound to get hot I think we'll be fine and stil lwind up in the mid 90s in wins.

The Chosen One
08-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Also we are a better team and while we have had injury issues, not as drastic at 2011 was (Chipper out, Prado limping, etc)

Never know what may happen. But we're basically playing our worst ball right now, at some point we'll come out of that and go on a tear. Justin, Freddie, Mac, and Johnson is enough offense for how good our pitching is, when you add in that someone of Uggla, Bossman, Schafer or Gattis is bound to get hot I think we'll be fine and stil lwind up in the mid 90s in wins.

Chipper was out in 2011?

Thought that was 2010 when he tore his ACL and Prado had the oblique tear.

zitothebrave
08-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Chipper was out in 2011?

Thought that was 2010 when he tore his ACL and Prado had the oblique tear.

You're right on Chipper, but 2011 was Prado's staph infection.

What 2011 was that I confused with Chipper is when Hanson's shoulder went which was terrible for us.

bravesnumberone
08-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Prado was out at the end of 2010 too because Infante was playing third because Troy Glaus couldn't do it.

Hanson's shoulder went bad every year lol.

Dalyn
08-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Prado was out at the end of 2010 too because Infante was playing third because Troy Glaus couldn't do it.

Hanson's shoulder went bad every year lol.

Prado is out (or playing badly) pretty much the end of every year.

TURBO
08-25-2013, 01:50 PM

Prado has been on fire recently this year.

Dalyn
08-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Prado has been on fire recently this year.

Yeah. Historically, August is one of his best months. September is his worst.

nsacpi
08-25-2013, 02:01 PM

July and August have been his best months this year. What does that say about the meaning of the pattern in prior years?

The Chosen One
08-25-2013, 02:06 PM
July and August have been his best months this year. What does that say about the meaning of the pattern in prior years?

He only loves baseball in the latter part of the season.

Dalyn
08-25-2013, 02:21 PM

Unlike Fredi, Gibson gives Prado quite a bit of time off. That's obviously helped. Hitting at that park has helped a ton, too (most home games so far was in July). August, like I said before, is the second half month that Prado usually performs well in. So, the only oddity so far is how bad his first half was and how well he played in July (which you can easily explain with his home/away splits).