PDA

View Full Version : Another shooting

NinersSBChamps
07-13-2016, 05:34 PM
Yet nobody even cares to acknowledge it. Wonder why this isn't getting attention...

http://wjhl.com/2016/07/11/bristol-tn-random-shooting-suspect-remains-in-hospital-community-plans-prayer-vigil/

jpx7
07-13-2016, 05:39 PM
Wonder why this isn't getting attention...

Probably because we're sadly, rapidly numbing to senseless gun-violence?

Krgrecw
07-13-2016, 06:01 PM
Probably because we're sadly, rapidly numbing to senseless gun-violence?

That's what I was thinking. That and the fact that the shooter was a black man who shot whites.

NinersSBChamps
07-13-2016, 07:14 PM
That's what I was thinking. That and the fact that the shooter was a black man who shot whites.

Not newsworthy when innocent white people are shot.

jpx7
07-13-2016, 07:24 PM

Except the countless times in the past when such incidents have been extensively reported?

Krgrecw
07-13-2016, 08:53 PM

If the shooter had been a white lunatic who shot blacks using the same excuse this guy used, would it be on the news? Hell yeah

jpx7
07-13-2016, 09:11 PM
Yea, white people generally have it the toughest in this country.

weso1
07-13-2016, 09:32 PM

But if all things were equal other than race?

Krgrecw
07-13-2016, 09:40 PM

Are you saying that if the roles were reversed it would not be news?

zitothebrave
07-13-2016, 10:02 PM
Yet nobody even cares to acknowledge it. Wonder why this isn't getting attention...

http://wjhl.com/2016/07/11/bristol-tn-random-shooting-suspect-remains-in-hospital-community-plans-prayer-vigil/

So a person shoots 4 people kills one of them

How about we talk about this

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/07/11/texas-white-man-just-got-shootout-cops-guess-ended/

Or why has this received no press at all?

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/07/12/larry-gordon-bailiff-shooting-berrien/87008852/

NinersSBChamps
07-13-2016, 10:18 PM
Except the countless times in the past when such incidents have been extensively reported?

It doesn't matter now because only black people's lives matter.

Krgrecw
07-13-2016, 10:42 PM
It doesn't matter now because only black people's lives matter.

Correction: black lives only matter if they are killed by cops

NinersSBChamps
07-14-2016, 07:35 AM

We have a winner.

Runnin
07-14-2016, 08:09 AM

Or if they're really good at sports or music.

NinersSBChamps
07-14-2016, 02:06 PM
Or if they're really good at sports or music.

And that's the fault of no one but themselves.

jpx7
07-14-2016, 02:32 PM
And that's the fault of no one but themselves.

Just like if you're born into immense wealth, it's your fault: you earned it.
Or if you're born with a congenital heart defect, it's your fault: you earned your weakness.
Or if you're born with HIV, it's your fault you're immuno-compromised.
Or if you're born in relative privilege in a nice suburb, it's your fault that you have a moderate leg-up in life.
Or if you're born into a Christian family in Syria, it's your fault you're oppressed by ISIL.
Or if you were born Jewish in Poland in 1935, it's your fault you and your family ended up in the chambers.
Or if you happened to be (very privately) an atheist in Dhaka, it's your fault you were hacked to death in the streets.
Or if you're born and raised in a community where your opportunities for advancement and prosperity are severely limited, it's your fault you didn't overcome the societal handicap handed you as your perverse birthright.

NinersSBChamps
07-15-2016, 07:24 AM
Just like if you're born into immense wealth, it's your fault: you earned it.
Or if you're born with a congenital heart defect, it's your fault: you earned your weakness.
Or if you're born with HIV, it's your fault you're immuno-compromised.
Or if you're born in relative privilege in a nice suburb, it's your fault that you have a moderate leg-up in life.
Or if you're born into a Christian family in Syria, it's your fault you're oppressed by ISIL.
Or if you were born Jewish in Poland in 1935, it's your fault you and your family ended up in the chambers.
Or if you happened to be (very privately) an atheist in Dhaka, it's your fault you were hacked to death in the streets.
Or if you're born and raised in a community where your opportunities for advancement and prosperity are severely limited, it's your fault you didn't overcome the societal handicap handed you as your perverse birthright.

Whoa there. Pump the brakes a bit.

All I was referring to was the viscous cycle of the killing each other and innocent people and children. They do this to themselves. Their lives clearly don't matter to their movement unless a black person is killed by the police and/or a white person. I can't speak for the black comminity, but I think it's safe to think that they have bigger issues then "racist" white people.

Runnin
07-15-2016, 07:50 AM
If you're well-educated, in your 30's or beyond and still a tribalist, that IS your fault.

57Brave
07-15-2016, 08:37 AM
Whoa there. Pump the brakes a bit.

All I was referring to was the viscous cycle of the killing each other and innocent people and children. They do this to themselves. Their lives clearly don't matter to their movement unless a black person is killed by the police and/or a white person. I can't speak for the black comminity, but I think it's safe to think that they have bigger issues then "racist" white people.

perhaps the bolded words ...

NinersSBChamps
07-15-2016, 10:56 AM

Nothing I said was incorrect or not true.

Please tell me how it's anyone else's fault, but black peoples in this instance. The amount of killing that occurs between black people is somehow my fault because I am white?

NinersSBChamps
07-15-2016, 10:57 AM

And yes welcome to the English language.

57Brave
07-15-2016, 11:34 AM
"they"

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/7/14/1548230/-Black-Republican-senator-tells-colleagues-how-he-s-been-profiled-by-Capitol-Police

because if "they" wouldn't commit crimes "they" wouldn't get stopped

There are connotations to the third person plural.
As in us and "they"

you don't see that, do you ?

chop2chip
07-15-2016, 11:53 AM
There are 12,000 gun related homicides every year. Brown colored / Puerto Rican / Hatian / and all other non ATCQ related ethnicities are murdered every year. You SHOULD be outraged by this homicide as well as the other 11,999. We have a disgusting problem in this country and its related in large part to poor gun control laws.

So, we can focus on the perils of white privilege if you want, but if you really want to solve problems, then I suggest finding something else to be mad about.

57Brave
07-15-2016, 12:07 PM
"gun related"
correct ?

sturg33
07-15-2016, 12:13 PM
"gun related"
correct ?

Don't forget "truck" related

chop2chip
07-15-2016, 03:17 PM
"gun related"
correct ?

Your communication skills have aged poorly, 57. Could you please clarify who you are directing that question at?

57Brave
07-15-2016, 03:36 PM
Your communication skills have aged poorly, 57. Could you please clarify who you are directing that question at?

question was addressed to you.
I assumed that post 23 addressed to me.

I agree 100% on piss poor gun laws

my communication skills have not aged poorly. If anything they've improved :)

chop2chip
07-17-2016, 11:58 AM
question was addressed to you.
I assumed that post 23 addressed to me.

I agree 100% on piss poor gun laws

my communication skills have not aged poorly. If anything they've improved :)

My post wasn't directed at you. Why you replied with "gun-related" is strange because I've long advocated gun control laws on this board.