PDA

View Full Version : Braves Claimed Kyle Lohse

bravesfan247
08-24-2013, 08:09 PM
Per mlbtraderumors but the Brewers decided againstworking out a deal.

The Chosen One
08-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Cunts

weso1
08-24-2013, 08:26 PM
Need to go for Tim Lincecum.

Hawk
08-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Interesting that the Braves would've been willing to assume most (if not all) of the remaining 2 years, $24MM on his contract.

The Chosen One
08-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Interesting that the Braves would've been willing to assume most (if not all) of the remaining 2 years, $24MM on his contract.

Wren making it rain.

Could be they would've shipped him off in the offseason.

BravesBlock
08-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Need to go for Tim Lincecum.
Any rumblings that the Giants are going to attempt to extend him? He would definitely be a boost for this team. A few days remain in August so hopefully Wren can pull off some type of impact move. With the major injuries we have suffered this year we need something big to give this team a boost.

tvsportscaster
08-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Any rumblings that the Giants are going to attempt to extend him? He would definitely be a boost for this team. A few days remain in August so hopefully Wren can pull off some type of impact move. With the major injuries we have suffered this year we need something big to give this team a boost.

Right now, I'm more concerned about the offense than pitching, although I was advocating going after Lohse after Hudson's injury. If they add anything right now, it needs to be an outfielder to get them through until Jason comes back.

Tapate50
08-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Got skeered no doubt. Cunts is an excellent word for it.

tvsportscaster
08-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Got skeered no doubt. Cunts is an excellent word for it.

It's totally Milwaukee's right not to make a trade. However, if rumors are true, they're looking to move in the off-season, seems like they could have done it now.

BravesBlock
08-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Right now, I'm more concerned about the offense than pitching, although I was advocating going after Lohse after Hudson's injury. If they add anything right now, it needs to be an outfielder to get them through until Jason comes back.

While I agree that having another bat is certainly a need due to the loss of Hudson I believe having a veteran starter is more of a necessity. I just don't have confidence that our current staff can carry us through the playoff grind. If Wren can secure a starter then another bat would be ideal but if we don't land another starter I don't think we make it past the NLCS.

Dalyn
08-24-2013, 11:14 PM
:mad0182:

Pitching is going to be a disaster in the playoffs.

BravesBlock
08-24-2013, 11:16 PM
And we should all remember that Uggla will be back next week. Hopefully he comes back tearing the cover off the ball. We all know that he can carry a team at times. If McCain, Uggla, Freeman, Chris Johnson, and Simmons are hitting we have enough offense. We just need a veteran pitcher to stabilize the rotation and take some of the pressure off these young starters.

goldfly
08-25-2013, 12:49 AM
Cunts

we can say Cunts but we can't ***?

Dalyn
08-25-2013, 01:09 AM
we can say Cunts but we can't ***?

What if someone wants to talk about ***ish cunts? Ridiculous. I think we should remove the filters altogether.

goldfly
08-25-2013, 01:10 AM
I think we should remove the filters altogether.

i second this motion

Mrs. Meta
08-25-2013, 01:25 AM
:mad0182:

Pitching is going to be a disaster in the playoffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

nsacpi
08-25-2013, 08:41 AM
Our four starters for the playoffs as things currently stand: Minor, Medlen, Teheran, Wood

My guess is Lohse would have replaced Wood. Is that an improvement? Not so sure. Certainly not an improvement imo that would justify taking on the salary and presumably giving up a prospect or two in return. Sometimes the best move is the one you don't make. See Dempster, Ryan.

Anyone notice that Lohse has a FIP of over 4 this season. I understand it is a hitter's park. But still.

jsebe10
08-25-2013, 10:41 AM
I honestly don't know what else needs to be said to make some of you people and your ridiculous pipe dream trades realize that the problem is the offense. You know how hard it is to pitch with little to no run support? Nothing is wrong with the pitching. Leave the sh*t alone and add another bat other Elliot butthole Johnson

The Chosen One
08-25-2013, 11:34 AM
My allies in Israel have asked me to do so.

This is my forum, I run it how I want. I'm in 9 gangs, I can do what I want.

:pound:

The Chosen One
08-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Jew.

THere, I hope you're all happy now.

yeezus
08-25-2013, 12:45 PM
jews jews jews jews jews jews jews jews jews jews jews jews jews jews jews jews jews jews jews jews jews jews jews

i feel much better now

BRule
08-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Jew.

THere, I hope you're all happy now.

You're still a bitch

The Chosen One
08-25-2013, 05:04 PM
You're still a bitch

:Sad:

NYCBrave
08-25-2013, 05:19 PM

How is Lincecum really an upgrade over anything? Sure he might be slightly better than Maholm, but he's just too erratic to be trusted in the playoffs. I know this stat is not the end all, be all, but Lincecum has 11 quality starts out of 26 starts. That's just an example of how erratic he is. He's also in the top 10 in the league in walks.

BravesBlock
08-25-2013, 05:44 PM
How is Lincecum really an upgrade over anything? Sure he might be slightly better than Maholm, but he's just too erratic to be trusted in the playoffs. I know this stat is not the end all, be all, but Lincecum has 11 quality starts out of 26 starts. That's just an example of how erratic he is. He's also in the top 10 in the league in walks.
He also has playoff experience and had shown that he is capable of dominating an opposing team's lineup. It also helps that he is playing for a contract and wouldn't be a long term financial commitment. In my opinion it is worth the risk to give him the opportunity to start in the playoffs.

bravesnumberone
08-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Unless Uggla comes back hitting well and one or two of Schafer/BJ/Gattis/Terd gives us a big boost, we're going to be in bigger need of hitting than pitching. I'm assuming Pence didn't clear waivers? I wouldn't necessarily mind Lincecum though provided what the deal was.

50PoundHead
08-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Jew believe he changed the filters?

skidlee
08-25-2013, 09:18 PM
A reliever is more needed then a starting pitcher at this point. I hope they don't think Garcia is that guy.

But I am glad Wren and Company claimed Lohse.

I would like to add a good OFer but I doubt it happens.

NYCBrave
08-25-2013, 11:16 PM
He also has playoff experience and had shown that he is capable of dominating an opposing team's lineup. It also helps that he is playing for a contract and wouldn't be a long term financial commitment. In my opinion it is worth the risk to give him the opportunity to start in the playoffs.

He's also been playing for a contract this whole season and look at the results. We just need to face the fact he's not the same pitcher he was. Sure he's capable of dominating a team, but he's also more likely to flame out against a good lineup. I'd rather just roll with what we've got, and in a short series that would be Minor, Teheran and Medlen.

VOLracious
08-26-2013, 12:14 AM
We just got partially exposed in St Louis. I know we were coming off some bad happening but the team should have rallied and played better in St Louis. They looked like they just limped in. Not good with the playoffs coming.

This team reminds me somewhat of the 2003 team. They murder mediocre pitching. They cannot manufacture runs at all and against top starters the power even disappears somewhat. We won't see mediocre pitching in the playoffs. St Louis is team I don't want to face in the first round. We need the best record. That would definitely help. Maybe we can get it going but the Indians Marlins are no pushover and we're gonna see Wheeler and Harvey after that. We have no shut down starter. Minor is getting close and maybe he can do it. Maybe we should have signed ZG instead of BJ.

NYCBrave
08-26-2013, 09:28 AM
We just got partially exposed in St Louis. I know we were coming off some bad happening but the team should have rallied and played better in St Louis. They looked like they just limped in. Not good with the playoffs coming.

This team reminds me somewhat of the 2003 team. They murder mediocre pitching. They cannot manufacture runs at all and against top starters the power even disappears somewhat. We won't see mediocre pitching in the playoffs. St Louis is team I don't want to face in the first round. We need the best record. That would definitely help. Maybe we can get it going but the Indians Marlins are no pushover and we're gonna see Wheeler and Harvey after that. We have no shut down starter. Minor is getting close and maybe he can do it. Maybe we should have signed ZG instead of BJ.

What you said about the Braves offense goes for all teams. You think the top teams in the NL all beat up the top pitchers in the league? If the Cardinals are so good, then what's their problem since they don't have a better record than us?

mfree80
08-26-2013, 09:32 AM
Still 32 games for the Braves to figure out who they are w/o Heyward. I think they will figure it out. If and when Heyward rejoins the team, they will be even better, having had to learn some new ways to score runs.

tomahawkchop
08-26-2013, 10:11 AM
This team reminds me somewhat of the 2003 team. They murder mediocre pitching. They cannot manufacture runs at all and against top starters the power even disappears somewhat.

This is actually not true. Unfortunately, I am not able to find a screenshot of the image, but during a Braves broadcast (maybe 2-3 weeks ago), they showed the Braves runs scored and record against the top 10 pitchers in 1) Wins, 2) K's, and 3) ERA. The Braves were above .500 in each of those categories with pretty respectable Runs/game. (Does anyone else remember this statistic or have a screenshot of it)? I'm sure it's outdated by now, but my point is that although it may *seem* that other teams' top starters beat us, the numbers say otherwise.

nsacpi
08-26-2013, 10:13 AM
This is actually not true. Unfortunately, I am not able to find a screenshot of the image, but during a Braves broadcast (maybe 2-3 weeks ago), they showed the Braves runs scored and record against the top 10 pitchers in 1) Wins, 2) K's, and 3) ERA. The Braves were above .500 in each of those categories with pretty respectable Runs/game. (Does anyone else remember this statistic or have a screenshot of it)? I'm sure it's outdated by now, but my point is that although it may *seem* that other teams' top starters beat us, the numbers say otherwise.

Yup. One of the encouraging things about this team is that it has done well against top pitching and against the teams likely to make the playoffs.

Enscheff
08-26-2013, 12:27 PM
The team goes 18-2, and then drops 3 games in STL and suddenly Wren needs to make huge additions?

Yogi44
08-26-2013, 12:53 PM
I do not think we can count on Heyward being in game shape offensively IF he is ready for the playoffs. However, his defense and just being in the lineup could be a big boost. But I think expecting anything out of him offensively is just not realistic.

Dunit24
08-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Bottom line is it would help big time if Heyward came back for the playoffs, but no matter what, the hottest team always wins the title.

Im hoping we are clicking come October.

NYCBrave
08-26-2013, 02:11 PM
The team goes 18-2, and then drops 3 games in STL and suddenly Wren needs to make huge additions?

I think it has more to do with the fact we lost Heyward for the rest of the year as well as Beachy potentially to another major injury.

jpx7
08-26-2013, 04:40 PM

Yes: He needs to alter time, speed up the harvest, or teleport me off this rock.