PDA

View Full Version : Republican National Convention

57Brave
07-18-2016, 06:38 PM
off to a flying start.

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) offered an unusual defense of the racial homogeneity of his party during a panel on MSNBC Monday evening.

The group, led by Chris Hayes, was discussing the first day of the Republican national convention, and Donald Trump's history of racially-loaded comments and behavior. King told Hayes that he thought Trump had "modified" his behavior in that regard, but Esquire's Charlie Pierce said he didn't see much diversity reflected in the gathering itself.

"If you're really optimistic, you can say that this is the last time that old white people will command the Republican party's attention, its platform, its public face," Esquire's Charles Pierce said. "That hall is wired," he continued. "That hall is wired by loud, unhappy, dissatisfied white people."

King objected.

"This 'old white people' business does get a little tired, Charlie," King said. "I'd ask you to go back through history and figure out, where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people that you're talking about, where did any other subgroup of people contribute more to civilization?"

"Than white people?" Hayes asked, clearly amazed.

57Brave
07-18-2016, 06:39 PM
stuart stevens ‏@stuartpstevens 3h3 hours ago

Over four nights there are 5 Trumps speaking as "Headliners" & no Latinos, just to make it clear this is about an ego and not an election.

weso1
07-18-2016, 06:51 PM
Hillary sure is race pandering though. Spanish tweeting abuela who always carries hot sauce in her purse.

Krgrecw
07-18-2016, 06:55 PM
stuart stevens ‏@stuartpstevens 3h3 hours ago

Over four nights there are 5 Trumps speaking as "Headliners" & no Latinos, just to make it clear this is about an ego and not an election.

Do we need to have affirmative action in politics now? Who gives a ****. We're all Americans.

57Brave
07-18-2016, 07:17 PM
Baio: Let's make America, America again ... words to live, be confused by

57Brave
07-18-2016, 07:59 PM
Matthew Yglesias ‏@mattyglesias 20m20 minutes ago

How come Republicans never tried to make an issue out of this Benghazi issue before today? Seems like gold.

bravesnumberone
07-18-2016, 08:09 PM
I have to say I do find it ironic that the Republicans in this hall are all in on Trump when he flat out said Bush knowingly lied to lead us into Iraq. These are mostly the same people that called critics of the war unpatriotic a decade ago.

The Chosen One
07-18-2016, 08:49 PM
Tom Cotton: "We've seen what happens when the US leads from behind"

Hmmm. We saw what happened when Cotton lead against the Iran Deal a few years ago. Now that Iran Deal is in, Cotton looks like an idiot.

cajunrevenge
07-18-2016, 08:50 PM
Been listening to Rush and Hannity the last 2 weeks because I am a masochist and their entire shows are just begging people to back Trump. Its just sad at this point. Its almost made me want Hillary to win just to piss them off. Almost.

weso1
07-18-2016, 09:00 PM
Tom Cotton: "We've seen what happens when the US leads from behind"

Hmmm. We saw what happened when Cotton lead against the Iran Deal a few years ago. Now that Iran Deal is in, Cotton looks like an idiot.

Somebody didn't hear about the Iran deal revelation we got today.

zitothebrave
07-18-2016, 09:26 PM
Been listening to Rush and Hannity the last 2 weeks because I am a masochist and their entire shows are just begging people to back Trump. Its just sad at this point. Its almost made me want Hillary to win just to piss them off. Almost.

I think it would be fun for no one to win the electoral. Have it go to the House then a mutiny from house reps and dems gets the 3rd party in. Of course there's no way it happens. But it would be amazing if it did.

Julio3000
07-18-2016, 10:24 PM
I have to say I do find it ironic that the Republicans in this hall are all in on Trump when he flat out said Bush knowingly lied to lead us into Iraq. These are mostly the same people that called critics of the war unpatriotic a decade ago.

Yeah, not to mention the massive cognitive dissonance involved in holding Hillary personally responsible for the deaths in Benghazi after lustily cheering for a decade of death in Iraq.

weso1
07-18-2016, 10:43 PM
Giuliani with a great speech. Trump with the WWE entrance, which makes sense for him. Melania follows with a good performance. A solid first day of the convention. It's theater but hell it was fun, and Trump gets that. Just wish he'd also get being more thoughtful when it comes to the actual job of being President.

bravesnumberone
07-18-2016, 11:33 PM
Lulz. So whoever wrote Malania's speech apparently lifted lines from Michelle Obama's at the 2008 convention. Somebody ain't gonna have a job tomorrow....

CrimsonCowboy
07-19-2016, 12:02 AM
Lulz. So whoever wrote Malania's speech apparently lifted lines from Michelle Obama's at the 2008 convention. Somebody ain't gonna have a job tomorrow....

Yep. Someone's in trouble.

bravesnumberone
07-19-2016, 12:13 AM
Yep. Someone's in trouble.

It's a complete embarrassment. They literally have no idea what the hell they are doing.

CrimsonCowboy
07-19-2016, 12:23 AM
It's a complete embarrassment. They literally have no idea what the hell they are doing.

The campaigns in all parties have been comical. Can we redo the primaries?

bravesnumberone
07-19-2016, 12:28 AM
And of course zero mention of this on Fox. I really have a weird respect for them. They don't even attempt to conceal it anymore.

CrimsonCowboy
07-19-2016, 12:58 AM
And of course zero mention of this on Fox. I really have a weird respect for them. They don't even attempt to conceal it anymore.

Actually, I was watching their show that started at 1:00 AM Eastern and they did mention it on that program. Sean Hannity didn't mention it though.

One thing this is doing is giving the "Never Trump" crowd more ammo and keeping the divide within the Republicans alive and well. Not a good sign for their chances of winning in November. And as a "Never Hillary" member, this is very disappointing.

The Chosen One
07-19-2016, 05:33 AM
lol teh plagiarism thing is really hitting social media this morning.

Only a matter of time until right wing conspiracy theorists say the Michelle Obama video footage was altered, or that Clinton Campaign hired the speechwriters for Melania's speech to double cross and make her look bad.

57Brave
07-19-2016, 06:49 AM
Delonté De Clou ‏@dilemmv 15m15 minutes ago

My mother was born before women could vote My daughter voted for her mother for President! #FamousMelaniaTrumpQuotes

57Brave
07-19-2016, 06:49 AM
Loni Love Verified account ‏@LoniLove 10m10 minutes ago

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" #FamousMelaniaTrumpQuotes

57Brave
07-19-2016, 06:52 AM
Diego Gualda Verified account ‏@diegogualda 3m3 minutes ago

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" #FamousMelaniaTrumpQuotes

57Brave
07-19-2016, 06:55 AM
Nicky Hodge ‏@NicholeBHodge 4m4 minutes ago

"Don't go chasing waterfalls, please stick to the rivers & the lakes that you're used to." #FamousMelaniaTrumpQuotes

Was hoping she'd do some Tupac

57Brave
07-19-2016, 07:00 AM
I think what bothers me most is some really didn't see an unmitigated disaster last night

from "Sub Groups"
to
Duck Dynasty guy telling people to go to work
to
Chiaci "Make America America again"
to
Rudy

Melania -- I kinda feel sorry for her in a Sarah Palin kinda way

oh yeah, that college degree ---- not so much

57Brave
07-19-2016, 07:14 AM
Kim Bone ‏@kbone5 4m4 minutes ago

"Shut the f*ck up, Donny!” — #FamousMelaniaTrumpQuotes
1 retweet 2 likes

57Brave
07-19-2016, 07:17 AM
The Rude Pundit ‏@rudepundit 4m4 minutes ago

.@RadioGuyChris

Trump told O'Reilly last night that he chose Ohio for the convention, a decision made in 2014. Facts are dead, man.

there you go

sturg33
07-19-2016, 08:14 AM

Only a matter of time until right wing conspiracy theorists say the Michelle Obama video footage was altered, or that Clinton Campaign hired the speechwriters for Melania's speech to double cross and make her look bad.

You really need to get off facebook

weso1
07-19-2016, 08:18 AM

Didn't the Barack Obama campaign get caught doing something similar?

This isn't a big deal if handled correctly. It won't be handled correctly though because Trump campaign.

sturg33
07-19-2016, 08:28 AM
Nicky Hodge ‏@NicholeBHodge 4m4 minutes ago

"Don't go chasing waterfalls, please stick to the rivers & the lakes that you're used to." #FamousMelaniaTrumpQuotes

Was hoping she'd do some Tupac

Oooooh can you please keep posting these because they're hilarious and really creative and original!

Tapate50
07-19-2016, 08:38 AM
You really need to get off facebook

There is really no doubt about that at this point.

sturg33
07-19-2016, 08:52 AM
I don't care about the plagiarism. It shows incompetence more then malice, IMO.

I liked Melania... that was the first time I'd ever seen her speak. I don't see how such a seemingly sweet and obviously stunning woman ended up with a man like Trump.

(to be fair... I used to like Trump before he got into the spotlight of politics)

57Brave
07-19-2016, 09:09 AM
Incompetence at the roll out for the candidates wife.

The campaigns are a job interview and the Donald Trump campaign sent his wife out there to be a laughing stock.

He , his staff, his world view are interviewing for a job where incompetence isn't a viable excuse.

Wonder if they put as much thought into all this Crooked Hillary nonsense as they did the public debut of the candidates wife ?
I been wondering, what would / who a Trump government look like ?

The one I didn't see was

"I ain't sayin' she a gold digger
but she don't **** wit no broke ******"

57Brave
07-19-2016, 09:19 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/07/19/melania-trump-apparently-ripped-off-michelle-obama-heres-whats-really-awful-about-this/

sorry , no bullet points - you'll have to read all the words.

"For over a year, Trump World has insisted that Team Obama has nothing of value to offer.

With Melania Trump stealing from Michelle Obama, that apparently wasn't true."

-SteveBenen

bravesnumberone
07-19-2016, 09:53 AM
Except so far they're handling it extremely poorly. The campaign's top surrogates (Chris Christie) are acting like there's nothing to see here. Yes, it's hardly new for ideas to be recycled in political speeches and this is not the first instance of plagiarism in a speech. But the whole thing they've been trying to sell people on is the Trump campaign's "authenticity." If Michelle Obama had done this to a Laura Bush speech, Rush, Hannity, etc. would have done an entire week's worth of radio on it.

Whoever wrote this for her was either too stupid/incompetent to know what they were doing or too arrogant to care if anyone would notice. I honestly don't know which is worse.

bravesnumberone
07-19-2016, 10:02 AM
But again, it does happen....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgctsioisJg

sturg33
07-19-2016, 10:09 AM
Incompetence at the roll out for the candidates wife.

The campaigns are a job interview and the Donald Trump campaign sent his wife out there to be a laughing stock.

He , his staff, his world view are interviewing for a job where incompetence isn't a viable excuse.

Wonder if they put as much thought into all this Crooked Hillary nonsense as they did the public debut of the candidates wife ?
I been wondering, what would / who a Trump government look like ?

The one I didn't see was

"I ain't sayin' she a gold digger
but she don't **** wit no broke ******"

Incompetence matters to me... but both nominees are have shown their incompetent blowhards... I don't have much hope for either

Too bad Gary Johnson has an L next to his name

50PoundHead
07-19-2016, 10:12 AM
I've watched too many conventions in my life so I don't watch any of them anymore. But when did candidates' wives start speaking at conventions? I know it's been going on for awhile and I think it's just a terrible idea. As for the plagiarism rant, I say "Big Effin' Deal." Give her a break. After watching snippets of the Leslie Stahl interview with Trump and Pence on 60 Minutes, I tend to believe Donald gave her the speech.

Dems will spin the "problems" at the Republican convention, but talk about a tepid protest. Folks, this ain't 1968 level sh*t. Nothing there.

57Brave
07-19-2016, 10:32 AM
I've had fun with the plagiarism aspect this morning and like I said that in and of itself is ~~ but the serious end is this is all indications are they would govern the same way they sent out Trumps wife of all people---
half assed

The '68 (D) convention was a preview. As was the '08 conventions and the '12 convention where an old white guy yelled at a chair.
Last night we watched the Trump machine in action, in some respects I see it scarier than '68
"Sub groups"
"Benghazi" again ?
Law and Order ? when data shows crime rates have drastically dropped in the last 8 years

Just a disconnect with the world -- the 2016 world

57Brave
07-19-2016, 10:33 AM
Incompetence matters to me... but both nominees are have shown their incompetent blowhards... I don't have much hope for either

Too bad Gary Johnson has an L next to his name

Too bad Gary Johnson doesn't have the stones to get in the ring with the big boys

chop2chip
07-19-2016, 11:10 AM
Too bad Gary Johnson doesn't have the stones to get in the ring with the big boys

Lol

chop2chip
07-19-2016, 11:11 AM

"It's too bad Gary Johnson has his principles, such a pussy"

50PoundHead
07-19-2016, 11:18 AM
I've had fun with the plagiarism aspect this morning and like I said that in and of itself is ~~ but the serious end is this is all indications are they would govern the same way they sent out Trumps wife of all people---
half assed

The '68 (D) convention was a preview. As was the '08 conventions and the '12 convention where an old white guy yelled at a chair.
Last night we watched the Trump machine in action, in some respects I see it scarier than '68
"Sub groups"
"Benghazi" again ?
Law and Order ? when data shows crime rates have drastically dropped in the last 8 years

Just a disconnect with the world -- the 2016 world

Again, I didn't watch last night's play-by-play and I'll likely avoid the rest of the festivities, but from what I saw of Leslie Stahl's interview of Trump and Pence on 60 Minutes, I'll readily admit that I have been downplaying in my own mind the utter lunacy of Trump. I am hard-pressed--as many on the left are--to believe Hillary is a steeped in the philosophy progressive, but Trump really isn't anything. Totally self-absorbed big ball of nothing.

MrShwag
07-19-2016, 02:52 PM
half assed

Better "half assed" than a complete asshole. #****Hillary

zitothebrave
07-19-2016, 04:16 PM

Johnson ran for the R ticket in 2012. He considers himself a republican first over Libertarian, and he'd love to be on the debate stage. So you fail on all aspects of your "burn"

Runnin
07-19-2016, 05:11 PM
Didn't the Barack Obama campaign get caught doing something similar?

This isn't a big deal if handled correctly. It won't be handled correctly though because Trump campaign.
It only shows the incompetency of the campaign, which we knew already. I feel bad for her.

sturg33
07-19-2016, 07:49 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13716129_1002469429874342_3201549401203772623_n.jp g?oh=2f77859e5b1cfbd7e774eb51a7fd9533&oe=57F249BF

sturg33
07-19-2016, 07:52 PM
But again, it does happen....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgctsioisJg

It's funny that no responded to this.

And look, he became President of the United States!

But yet, we get to drag a nice woman through the mud because a dumb campaign staffer was too lazy to change 3 words of what otherwise has been uttered throughout our country's history a million times

Runnin
07-19-2016, 07:58 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13716129_1002469429874342_3201549401203772623_n.jp g?oh=2f77859e5b1cfbd7e774eb51a7fd9533&oe=57F249BF
No, it shows the media refuses to say what things actually mean, leaving it up to viewers to connect the dots. The plagiarism snafu just shows that Trump doesn't know what he's doing. He can't run a professional campaign and the notion that he could run a country is laughable.

Hillary OTOH still sitting high and dry while the whole Republican machine flails and fails to bring her down.

sturg33
07-19-2016, 08:07 PM
No, it shows the media refuses to say what things actually mean, leaving it up to viewers to connect the dots. The plagiarism snafu just shows that Trump doesn't know what he's doing. He can't run a professional campaign and the notion that he could run a country is laughable.

Hillary OTOH still sitting high and dry while the whole Republican machine flails and fails to bring her down.

Hey I'm with you on Trump... but then you go and lose that credibility by saying Hilary is somehow not a clown

57Brave
07-19-2016, 08:15 PM
Greg Sargent ‏@ThePlumLineGS · 2m2 minutes ago

McConnell says this elex is about who is on ordinary Americans' side economically...

...then launches into diatribe about Benghazi/emails

njc108
07-19-2016, 08:15 PM

But yet, we get to drag a nice woman through the mud because a dumb campaign staffer was too lazy to change 3 words of what otherwise has been uttered throughout our country's history a million times

She should be dragged just like Mrs. Obama was dragged back in 08 and continues to be dragged to this day.

sturg33
07-19-2016, 08:21 PM
She should be dragged just like Mrs. Obama was dragged back in 08 and continues to be dragged to this day.

I don't remember Obama being accused of plagiarism and a bunch of dumb fake quotes attributed to him as a pose to be clever. But it's possible I missed it.

Meanwhile... he's a disaster of a President. But since I know you only care about race relations... I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on what he's done to help bridge the gap

njc108
07-19-2016, 08:38 PM
I don't remember Obama being accused of plagiarism and a bunch of dumb fake quotes attributed to him as a pose to be clever. But it's possible I missed it.

Meanwhile... he's a disaster of a President. But since I know you only care about race relations... I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on what he's done to help bridge the gap

Well I think he is a damn good president especially when dealing with the white supremacists who tried to fight him tooth and nail to be a 1 term president.

I think Obama has tried to actually have a discussion about race and blackness in America. He unfortunately has been in a terrible position that many of us black people who must interact and work amongst white people encounter. He cant be too black cause ole white masta will be scared. Which leads him to ignore or not voice loudly enough issues facing the black community. Smh I know this feeling oh so well 😥

I feel like his hands are tied behind his back because he is running on a legacy for all blacks. I really think white people will truly never understand that we blacks are taught to be 10x better than any average white person. That if he fails that it will hurt future blacks from having a chance at becoming a president. Therefore he cant really do or say the things he so truly wants. At the end of the day I voted for him twice and would do it a 3rd time. Obama may not have done all i want and hope for but McCain, Mitt, Trump etc have shiwn that they dont give damn about my people.

sturg33
07-19-2016, 08:45 PM
Well I think he is a damn good president especially when dealing with the white supremacists who tried to fight him tooth and nail to be a 1 term president.

I think Obama has tried to actually have a discussion about race and blackness in America. He unfortunately has been in a terrible position that many of us black people who must interact and work amongst white people encounter. He cant be too black cause ole white masta will be scared. Which leads him to ignore or not voice loudly enough issues facing the black community. Smh I know this feeling oh so well ��

I feel like his hands are tied behind his back because he is running on a legacy for all blacks. I really think white people will truly never understand that we blacks are taught to be 10x better than any average white person. That if he fails that it will hurt future blacks from having a chance at becoming a president. Therefore he cant really do or say the things he so truly wants. At the end of the day I voted for him twice and would do it a 3rd time. Obama may not have done all i want and hope for but McCain, Mitt, Trump etc have shiwn that they dont give damn about my people.

LOL... I don't remember the division in races prior to Obama... But now I see it's as bad as ever. All Obama does is "condemn" these terrible acts by implying it's kinda justified. His rhetoric on the issues is extremely divisive.

We won't ever move on until we treat people like individuals, not groups.

njc108
07-19-2016, 08:59 PM
LOL... I don't remember the division in races prior to Obama... But now I see it's as bad as ever. All Obama does is "condemn" these terrible acts by implying it's kinda justified. His rhetoric on the issues is extremely divisive.

You didnt see it because we kept quiet. Did you not see Rodney King, riots, OJ Simpson verdict. The division was always there its just that many of us due to white supremacy have been programmed to accept the racist treatment that we have been given since the start of this country.

Obama is stating what I think many feel. The violence is terrible and wrong. Is it justified...Hell no. But i clearly understand. As a black American I am truly pissed off with America and I want real change now. I am no longer going to accept the bs white supremacy has shoved down my throat.

Because dude we are groups. You will never know how I as a black woman feel and have been treated in this world. To hear all the racism my family has faced from Grandfather who fought in WWII to my Ivy league graduate uncle down to me. No we wont move on until White America recognize their privilege, destroy the laws and institutions white supremacy has created, and start treating minorities as freaking equals. Respect our contributions to America because damn it we built this mfer and have NEVER been paid for it!!!!

sturg33
07-19-2016, 08:59 PM
Christie complaining about corruption is rich... the wrong guy to make that speech, IMO...

Of course, everything he said was correct... but the hypocrisy was annoying

sturg33
07-19-2016, 09:04 PM
You didnt see it because we kept quiet. Did you not see Rodney King, riots, OJ Simpson verdict. The division was always there its just that many of us due to white supremacy have been programmed to accept the racist treatment that we have been given since the start of this country.

Obama is stating what I think many feel. The violence is terrible and wrong. Is it justified...Hell no. But i clearly understand. As a black American I am truly pissed off with America and I want real change now. I am no longer going to accept the bs white supremacy has shoved down my throat.

Because dude we are groups. You will never know how I as a black woman feel and have been treated in this world. To hear all the racism my family has faced from Grandfather who fought in WWII to my Ivy league graduate uncle down to me. No we wont move on until White America recognize their privilege, destroy the laws and institutions white supremacy has created, and start treating minorities as freaking equals. Respect our contributions to America because damn it we built this mfer and have NEVER been paid for it!!!!

Yeah - I know Rodney King... tragic.

OJ Simpson? Do what?

If you only choose to see yourself as a group then the racial gap will never end.

There's no such thing as black right or gay rights or white rights. It's individual rights. End of discussion.

You keep saying you don't support the violence but then you spend the rest of your post justifying it. Just like the President.

All that is happening here is:

- Horrible government policy incentivizes going after the poor

- Over militarized police treat the poor unfairly

- The victims retaliate against otherwise innocent police

- The country gets behind the police and are angry about the victim's violence

- We argue about race

- Nothing ever changes

- It just escalates

- The police become more militarized

- More mistakes get made

- More retaliation happens

- We yell at each other about race

Nothing changes - it just gets worse. Obama is a joke, but he's certainly not the only joke.

njc108
07-19-2016, 09:04 PM
Also i must say you must be either blind or in complete denial to ever claim that there was no division before Obama came to office. Im really not trying to be disrespectful but you saying that spits in the face of many blacks who have felt the ugly sting of racism since the first African stepped foot on American soil. This is why there is a division and why change wont ever occur.

sturg33
07-19-2016, 09:07 PM
Also i must say you must be either blind or in complete denial to ever claim that there was no division before Obama came to office. Im really not trying to be disrespectful but you saying that spits in the face of many blacks who have felt the ugly sting of racism since the first African stepped foot on American soil. This is why there is a division and why change wont ever occur.

Here's what's so funny/tragic about your posting.

If you've been around here and actually read what I've written, you would have seen:

- The criminal justice absolutely discriminates against minorities

- Police brutality does happen against minorities more than whites

- The war on drugs is most racist law we have on the books and should be gotten rid of yesterday

Of course - all you see if me saying that Obama's rhetoric does nothing but hurt the matter and you scream racist.

You will never be happy because you will always play the victim and blame others. It's sad. I hope your mindset begins to change

sturg33
07-19-2016, 09:11 PM
Trump's son is a future political star.

His face should be a bit less orange though

(oh ****! I hope 57 doesn't accuse me of being a sexist because I make fun of someone's appearance!)

njc108
07-19-2016, 09:12 PM
"If you only choose to see yourself as a group then the racial gap will never end. "
Blame white supremacy than because they created that 1 drop of black blood rule. They treated lighter skin blacks better than darker skin. This was then passed down ti this day with the stupid paper bag test or "I got indian/white in my family thats why my hair is GOOD". Yes I see myself as a group because I have been taught by white america that I an different and not the same. Heck there is a poster on here that stated genetically blacks are more prone to violence.

sturg33
07-19-2016, 09:13 PM
"If you only choose to see yourself as a group then the racial gap will never end. "
Blame white supremacy than because they created that 1 drop of black blood rule. They treated lighter skin blacks better than darker skin. This was then passed down ti this day with the stupid paper bag test or "I got indian/white in my family thats why my hair is GOOD". Yes I see myself as a group because I have been taught by white america that I an different and not the same. Heck there is a poster on here that stated genetically blacks are more prone to violence.

You can choose to believe whatever you want. But don't expect change with your mindset.

njc108
07-19-2016, 09:18 PM
Here's what's so funny/tragic about your posting.

If you've been around here and actually read what I've written, you would have seen:

- The criminal justice absolutely discriminates against minorities

- Police brutality does happen against minorities more than whites

- The war on drugs is most racist law we have on the books and should be gotten rid of yesterday

Of course - all you see if me saying that Obama's rhetoric does nothing but hurt the matter and you scream racist.

You will never be happy because you will always play the victim and blame others. It's sad. I hope your mindset begins to change

Nope not playing the victim or calling you a racist. I just believe that you and many white people will never truly understand what it is like to be black in America. Trust me Im no victim I believe in fighting back through any means possible 😝. This is why my people are so amazing. Centuries of racism and struggles and yet....still they RISE!!!

MrShwag
07-19-2016, 09:43 PM
Nope not playing the victim or calling you a racist. I just believe that you and many white people will never truly understand what it is like to be black in America. Trust me Im no victim I believe in fighting back through any means possible ��. This is why my people are so amazing. Centuries of racism and struggles and yet....still they RISE!!!

Awkward

njc108
07-19-2016, 09:49 PM
Awkward

Nope not really. I am just praising my people after hearing that....we are genetically prone to violence or that we did not contribute anything to western civilization. Lmao

gilesfan
07-19-2016, 10:35 PM
Good grief. More racial crap in this thread too?

AerchAngel
07-19-2016, 10:38 PM
njc108 being a black on here and everyone can verify that. So the only thing I can say is that we can blame whitey for a lot of things but we can't blame them for not being dads to children out of wedlock which makes fatherless children commit crimes because the dad is not around, the Dems are not helping by allowing them to fester on the government teat for that vote. That is not on the whiteys that is on us. That is where the problem is and no one can counter that issue except us.

You stick a dick in, you better pay the consequences and not run from it and then let the streets take care of that child.

Krgrecw
07-19-2016, 10:52 PM
njc108 being a black on here and everyone can verify that. So the only thing I can say is that we can blame whitey for a lot of things but we can't blame them for not being dads to children out of wedlock which makes fatherless children commit crimes because the dad is not around, the Dems are not helping by allowing them to fester on the government teat for that vote. That is not on the whiteys that is on us. That is where the problem is and no one can counter that issue except us.

You stick a dick in, you better pay the consequences and not run from it and then let the streets take care of that child.

Don't you live in Wisconsin? Sheriff Clarke is making a big name for himself.

njc108
07-19-2016, 10:54 PM

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. I think the dem party is terrible too and I hold many blacks responsible for their own problems. When I sit across the school lunch table and talk to co workers we shake our heads. This free breakfast and lunch programs are enabling black people to depend on the government. Im pro choice but I think the black community relies upon this as a birth control method. I hate seeing all the foolish spending on Jordans LV and wheels etc. I think the black community needs to do better but we can only do better if we value ourselves and start actually building our communities. Stop taking the money and running to whitey. We must invest it back into our own community. Black economic power that strengthens the black community can change black on black violence, out of wedlock babies etc.

57Brave
07-20-2016, 06:58 AM
Lucifer -
really?

ironic this convention and the death of Garry Marshall happening at once

AerchAngel
07-20-2016, 08:39 AM
Don't you live in Wisconsin? Sheriff Clarke is making a big name for himself.

yep Uncle Tom's and traitor insults are rampant.

Seriously?

I tell the Libs, why don't you teach black men to father their children? Oh wait, that is responsibility, only the government can fulfill that. Slave mentality 101.

More black kids, more votes.

I want to give a shout out to the Milwaukee's sheriff, Mr. Brown Dallas Po Po, Charles Barkley, Roland Martin, Col. West, Stacy Dash, people who tell the truth. The whiteys mainly Libs say they have an answer to our problem but yet not propose anything while we say "Quit having kids if you are not going to be around" which they are against.

Go figure.

Summarily, if kids are born with no dads, they will commit crimes, they will do bad things, they will have more babies, who fault is that? Not the Republicans. They would gladly preach abstinence, have programs to uplift our race, but they will never be giving the chance.

sturg33
07-20-2016, 08:42 AM
It is true, AA - that the government aims to keep people dependent on their support. They sell it as helping but it obviously hurts them long term. It's sad.

AerchAngel
07-20-2016, 08:43 AM
Nope not playing the victim or calling you a racist. I just believe that you and many white people will never truly understand what it is like to be black in America. Trust me Im no victim I believe in fighting back through any means possible ��. This is why my people are so amazing. Centuries of racism and struggles and yet....still they RISE!!!

Unfortunately and you will not like this, those who rise do not do anything to help those below them, first naming the President, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. if they do that, their pull would lessen. They need a racial strife or they will be put in a corner as a has-been.

People I mentioned above namely Milwaukee's sheriff and Charles Barkley should be leading our people but the Dems don't like them because they might enlighten young blacks into taking responsibility which contradicts Liberals policy of feeding off the government teat, financial slave, and those 10 mil votes will go elsewhere, can't happen for them.

57Brave
07-20-2016, 08:55 AM
Black people have not referred to Caucasians as "whitey" in a generation

Not surprising you apparently missed Obama town hall and the accompanying backlash last week on ABC.

Charles Barkley is a clown

weso1
07-20-2016, 09:33 AM
Lucifer -
really?

It was actually a factual statement. I thought it was a pretty good line.

50PoundHead
07-20-2016, 10:00 AM

I'm reluctant to wade in and I agree with your sentiment wholeheartedly here, but I think the big problem is that the country is--and always has been--composed of tribes based on race and/or class. There have been dalliances with the establishment of a clear American "type," particularly after World War II, but those bouts of cohesion don't seem to maintain themselves. We have always pretty much been a country of "otherness." Some of that is good and some of it is not.

I'm just finishing up Dr. Nancy Isenberg's White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America and it is a fascinating book. I'd also recommend a book I read a few years back, Dr. Thaddeus Russell's A Renegade History of the United States, which covers some of the same turf as Isenberg's book but from a totally different angle.

As per Carson, I guess he forgot the part of the Bible about "he who is without sin can cast the first stone," which I just find so amazing given his staunch commitment to Christ. People need to start treating him like the nut that he is.

AerchAngel
07-20-2016, 10:27 AM
Black people have not referred to Caucasians as "whitey" in a generation

Not surprising you apparently missed Obama town hall and the accompanying backlash last week on ABC.

Charles Barkley is a clown

njc108 here is exhibit "A" how whiteys think of blacks.

The problem is no dads to bring up the loads they put in females. So what will kids do when the mom is working two jobs, the kids find other father figures, the "streets". Mom is working and collecting welfare to help keep the roof overhead and food on the table and doesn't have time to teach you what a man is. So you learn to make more babies and do like their father did abandoned them. The cycle continues. You see whiteys that are Liberals don't want you to know the truth, they need those black mothers to keep producing fatherless kids, so the government carrot can keep those votes when welfare comes up. A vicious cycle that will never end. So when kids don't have dads around, violence, not going to school and learning the street cred will continue. If we do not vote Democrat we are called sell-outs. I am not going to touch incarceration, black on black crime and what not, it is pointless, fathers taking responsibility is the main issue and Jackass and Reverendless Sharpton to Obummer is not going to teach responsibility, but they will teach strife, blame whitey and they us. Owe us what, freedom, that is what we need and we don't have it when everything is provided for us through welfare.

I do wonder if slavery has changed its face from serving whitey to depending on whitey.

And to you 57, I don't use the H word do describe you, whitey is nice enough without going to a lower card.

57Brave
07-20-2016, 10:48 AM
why aren't there dads ?

Your thoughts on Obama's Town Hall ?

Your thoughts, for instance, on the effects of lead poisoning on inner city citizens ?

I saw a stat today saying in 2008 there were 187 AfricanAmerican delegates to RNC.
This year 12

Can you tell me why you think that is ?

57Brave
07-20-2016, 10:54 AM
LOLGOP ‏@LOLGOP 22m22 minutes ago

If your entire campaign is your opponent is a criminal, you should at least release your tax returns the way every nominee has for 40+ years

sturg33
07-20-2016, 11:02 AM
why aren't there dads ?

Your thoughts, for instance, on the effects of lead poisoning on inner city citizens ?

I saw a stat today saying in 2008 there were 187 AfricanAmerican delegates to RNC.
This year 12

I think you got that wrong...

In 2012 there was a very small number... This year there close to 100

Metaphysicist
07-20-2016, 11:05 AM

As I recall, Patrick and Obama were friends with the same campaign adviser who cribbed from each other more than once. Patrick might even have been part of his campaign at that point. And Obama even said something like "heh, I stole that line from Deval Patrick." Might be off on the exact details.

Still, that doesn't make it any less dumb to mock an ESL supermodel borrowing banal parts of a speech.

Metaphysicist
07-20-2016, 11:11 AM
I don't remember the division in races prior to Obama... .

Wow.

57Brave
07-20-2016, 11:29 AM
I think you got that wrong...

In 2012 there was a very small number... This year there close to 100

Can't find the link so can't refute your claim

weso1
07-20-2016, 11:36 AM
LOLGOP ‏@LOLGOP 22m22 minutes ago

If your entire campaign is your opponent is a criminal, you should at least release your tax returns the way every nominee has for 40+ years

Hillary's transcripts?

The problem both sides have is that they are both horrible and it's easy for either side to make a quick come back. Hillary will ultimately win in the end I think because she has the backing of google, twitter and facebook. That hydra is almost impossible to take down.

We need someone like Thiel or McAfee to get in the social media business.

sturg33
07-20-2016, 12:21 PM
Wow.

I would have assumed this was intuitive... but what I'm meaning to say here is I don't remember race relations being this bad before 08... but I was 18 so I wasn't paying much attention.

mossy
07-20-2016, 02:01 PM
How did we end up with such a sad lot for candidates? It's embarrassing really. I still don't want to vote for either candidate. >:(

The most amazing thing to me is how wrapped up people get into one candidate, jumping up and down, yelling and clapping wildly. That kind of behavior is absurd no matter who you support. I'll never understand it.

sturg33
07-20-2016, 02:11 PM
How did we end up with such a sad lot for candidates? It's embarrassing really. I still don't want to vote for either candidate. >:(

The most amazing thing to me is how wrapped up people get into one candidate, jumping up and down, yelling and clapping wildly. That kind of behavior is absurd no matter who you support. I'll never understand it.

This what the "lesser of two evils" mantra provides... it just gets worse and worse every year

50PoundHead
07-20-2016, 03:39 PM

On the Democratic side, it was Hillary's to lose (and she almost lost). I am still trying to figure out the Republican side of things. I think the problem on that side is that Jeb proved to be such weak soup and when he struggled, there was no center of gravity in the race. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king and Trump, for all of his foibles, had the best instincts for reading the crowd and identifying the weaknesses of his opponents. If Trump loses, my guess is the Republicans will re-think the debate strategy that started looking like the old Friday Night Fight of the Week (yes, boxing used to be on television every Friday night in the 1950s and early-1960s).

Overall, this has been happening for the past few decades and while I don't blame Karl Rove personally, he certainly did perfect the method by which the voting population is sliced into small segments and then stitched together in these very odd coalitions that that allow a candidate to prevail. I will say that both Trump and Sanders employed 30,000 foot strategies that somewhat diverged from the Rove methodology, but you can't wash that pattern out in just one election cycle. It has become nearly impossible for a candidate to win on a basic macro-vision.

weso1
07-20-2016, 09:03 PM
Wow at the end of the Cruz speech. Trump came in at the end, because he knew Cruz was going to tell voters to vote their conscience. Hat is off to Cruz for doing the right thing. He knew half the audience would be unhappy.

50PoundHead
07-20-2016, 09:13 PM
Wow at the end of the Cruz speech. Trump came in at the end, because he knew Cruz was going to tell voters to vote their conscience. Hat is off to Cruz for doing the right thing. He knew half the audience would be unhappy.

Theme song for Cruz and The Donald:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xqEiN73WGQ

CrimsonCowboy
07-20-2016, 09:37 PM
Cruz did not help himself for any future presidential aspirations.

CrimsonCowboy
07-20-2016, 09:40 PM

Wow

CrimsonCowboy
07-20-2016, 09:41 PM

50PoundHead
07-20-2016, 09:47 PM
Cruz did not help himself for any future presidential aspirations.

I read an article the other day that said Cruz was planning on running regardless of who wins in November. I think the article was largely conjecture, but his actions tonight may portend that. Four years in politics is nigh on infinity so anything could happen, but if one is entertaining 2020 as a possibility, it would have probably been best to hold your cards extremely close to your chest and at least mouth the words even if you don't mean them. One can argue that this was the Reagan playbook in 1976, but that was an entirely different era and I don't know if a similar strategy would work in the age of the 24/7/365 No News Item Regardless How Minor Not Dissected to the Enth Degree Cycle.

Oklahomahawk
07-20-2016, 10:03 PM
Theme song for Cruz and The Donald:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xqEiN73WGQ

Considering the two of them I was expecting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rig3tgyYiAM

Runnin
07-20-2016, 10:22 PM
So no one is pleading this message?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lus8OTnLo7w

50PoundHead
07-20-2016, 10:25 PM
So no one is pleading this message?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lus8OTnLo7w

Staying with the Al Green theme, I think Cruz threw the equivalent of hot grits on Trump.

bravesnumberone
07-20-2016, 10:31 PM
It was a masterful troll job done by Cruz. I loved it.

Julio3000
07-20-2016, 10:41 PM
I thought that Cruz speech, in the context of a Republican convention, was quite good. I mean, I got a giggle out of his casting the federal government as craven and inept, then mentioning the Apollo program as an example of "what freedom can do," but that's a relatively minor quibble.

His non-endorsement didn't surprise me a bit, but I have to give him credit for the sheer ballsiness of it.

bravesnumberone
07-20-2016, 10:42 PM
Hilarious that these Trump minions are whining about the "pledge" when he practically threatened to run third party if he lost the nomination.

CrimsonCowboy
07-20-2016, 10:48 PM

Ted, get over it. It's time to get behind the nominee, or else you'll be doing you're part in helping Hillary win.

BedellBrave
07-20-2016, 10:48 PM
I thought that Cruz speech, in the context of a Republican convention, was quite good. I mean, I got a giggle out of his casting the federal government as craven and inept, then mentioning the Apollo program as an example of "what freedom can do," but that's a relatively minor quibble.

His non-endorsement didn't surprise me a bit, but I have to give him credit for the sheer ballsiness of it.

My respect for him increased.

BedellBrave
07-20-2016, 10:52 PM

Ted, get over it. It's time to get behind the nominee, or else you'll be doing you're part in helping Hillary win.

Hillary winning isn't the end of the world. After Trump going after Cruz's wife, caving and endorsing the scumbag would have been disgusting.

Runnin
07-20-2016, 10:55 PM
There were a lot of people clapping when Cruz said to vote your conscience. I think even a lot of the people chanting "Endorse Trump" were just doing it for the theater of it.

It's a mob mentality in that room.

CrimsonCowboy
07-20-2016, 10:57 PM
Hillary winning isn't the end of the world. After Trump going after Cruz's wife, caving and endorsing the scumbag would have been disgusting.

I didn't like it when Trump did that and still don't, but my interest is in Hillary not being president.

Julio3000
07-20-2016, 10:59 PM
I think Occam's Razor applies here. Cruz wants to be president, and gambled that the upside of holding his nose and endorsing Trump offered him less upside than going his own way and positioning himself as the standard-bearer for 2020. The subtext is that he not only expects Trump to lose, but figures that the party will be anxious to sweep all things Trump under the rug in the future. As much as he casts himself as an outsider, he appears to be trying to stitch together the traditional R coalition, with some lip service to the populism of the hour.

bravesnumberone
07-20-2016, 11:04 PM
This constant "lesser of two evils thing" is exactly why we are so screwed as a country. We owe it to ourselves and the future of this country to reject two such ****ty candidates.

weso1
07-20-2016, 11:07 PM
Apparently the Trump team new what was in the speech well in advance. So this was just more theater from Trump. He is really good at the theater. Something pubs haven't been good at in a long time.

BedellBrave
07-20-2016, 11:08 PM
I'm not a Cruz fan. I am a fan of a man who would stand by his family over party. Trump is a dangerous arseclown in a dangerous world and his idiocy will costs lives. I want no part of him. If that means Hillary is president well so be it. Happy to say now about the R convention., "not my circus not my monkeys."

Runnin
07-20-2016, 11:09 PM
I think Occam's Razor applies here. Cruz wants to be president, and gambled that the upside of holding his nose and endorsing Trump offered him less upside than going his own way and positioning himself as the standard-bearer for 2020.
The campaign for 2020 begins even before 2016 is over.

BedellBrave
07-20-2016, 11:11 PM
Matt Walsh (a Cruz cheerleader):

"Ted Cruz just gave a bold, brilliant, powerful speech at the Republican convention. He articulated the principles of conservatism, defended the Constitution, spoke about the beauty and necessity of freedom, and urged the crowd to go to the polls and vote their conscience. For this, he was booed off the stage and Donald Trump -- again proving himself to be a petulant brat -- walked into the hall to step on Cruz's speech and steal his thunder at the end.
No, Cruz did not endorse Trump, and for that I have the utmost respect. There are reports circulating online that the RNC threatened to dish dirt on Cruz if he didn't endorse. Cruz still stuck to his guns. And I'm again reminded why I left the Republican Party. I want to part of what it's become. It is a shame, a disgrace, and an embarrassment.

Let's put everything else aside for a moment -- the fact that Trump is a leftist fraud and so forth -- and concentrate on the fact that Donald Trump slandered Cruz's father and insulted and threatened his wife. Trump never apologized for these things, and in fact has defended doing them. All other political concerns notwithstanding, there is simply no way that an honorable man can kiss the ring of a bully who demeaned and degraded his father and wife. A man of honor cannot do that. There is no way.

Many Trump fans have attacked Cruz for not endorsing. But I wonder if the Trumpkin men would actually become a public surrogate for someone who offended the dignity of their own wives and fathers. And I wonder was the Trumpkin women would think if their own husbands supported someone who'd bullied and attacked them. I can't answer that question for them, but all I can say is that a true man knows where his priorities are. And it's simply more important to stand by your family than by your party. Besides, the party has made it clear that it wants nothing to do with conservatives.

Cruz was electric tonight and he showed what kind of candidate and what kind of general election campaign we could be witnessing right now. But the voters didn't want truth and principle. They wanted something else. And now they have it. All I can say is: Cruz 2020"

Runnin
07-20-2016, 11:14 PM
Happy to say now about the R convention., "not my circus not my monkeys."
Glad to hear you say it but I think you know in your heart there are plenty of "your monkeys" in that crowd. They'll come home when the show's over.

bravesnumberone
07-20-2016, 11:15 PM
I think Occam's Razor applies here. Cruz wants to be president, and gambled that the upside of holding his nose and endorsing Trump offered him less upside than going his own way and positioning himself as the standard-bearer for 2020. The subtext is that he not only expects Trump to lose, but figures that the party will be anxious to sweep all things Trump under the rug in the future. As much as he casts himself as an outsider, he appears to be trying to stitch together the traditional R coalition, with some lip service to the populism of the hour.

He would fit well in the Braves front office. Willing to take the hit now to win in 2020.

BedellBrave
07-20-2016, 11:21 PM
Glad to hear you say it but I think you know in your heart there are plenty of "your monkeys" in that crowd. They'll come home when the show's over.

Not everyone booed. Sure. Why does it matter that some in that hall would agree with me on numerous points? And sure, I'll vote for some who have R by their names. But my allegiance isn't to the R party - hasn't ever been. It's just that it is now easier to be independent.

CrimsonCowboy
07-20-2016, 11:50 PM
Cruz's team met immediately to discuss the fallout of the speech. They may still be meeting, per Twitter reports.

CrimsonCowboy
07-20-2016, 11:53 PM
Yep. Cruz's chances of ever becoming president are likely done. This will be remembered four years from now

Runnin
07-20-2016, 11:57 PM
Cruz's team met immediately to discuss the fallout of the speech. They may still be meeting, per Twitter reports.
Impossible for me to believe Cruz didn't know not endorsing would be unpopular in the room.

The real fallout of that speech will be a long time coming.

CrimsonCowboy
07-21-2016, 12:03 AM
The real fallout of that speech will be a long time coming.

Indeed it will.

Runnin
07-21-2016, 12:05 AM
Yep. Cruz's chances of ever becoming president are likely done. This will be remembered four years from now
He may have added to the general party damage, making his support base weaker in the future. Or it could still play out as the smart move. A lot will have to do with Hillary and her luck.

The Chosen One
07-21-2016, 02:06 AM
So I fell asleep around 7 when it started raining. Woke up to this sh-- storm. Oh boy what entertainment.

I always knew Ted was a snake, but man oh man. Finally a lot of the cons in that room who thought Cruz was this honest principled man, see how self-centered and awful he is.

njc108
07-21-2016, 02:53 AM
This is sooo beautiful. Im loving this Republican National KKKonvention. I want more drama. Trump better bring it tomorrow. Continue to put the nails in the Republican coffin.

Go boy!!!!

50PoundHead
07-21-2016, 06:57 AM
There were a lot of people clapping when Cruz said to vote your conscience. I think even a lot of the people chanting "Endorse Trump" were just doing it for the theater of it.

It's a mob mentality in that room.

I've only worked floors (long past) in local and state level conventions and it is mob mentality at work. Only difference here is that national conventions now amount to little more than coronations, which makes a speech like Cruz's all the more notable.

Cruz is taking a calculated gamble. First, he has to assume that his brand of conservatism is ascendant like it was for Reagan in the late-1970s. I think Trump won because a lot of Republicans--including self-identified evangelicals--are tired of the attempt to turn the secular dais into a political pulpit. Then, he almost has to assume a Hillary victory (there must be something in the deep numbers that indicate that as being more likely than what most national polls are saying). If Hillary doesn't win, I suppose he could fight Trump in the way Republicans resisted Ventura (Jesse not Randy) up here in Minnesota during his tenure as Governor, but I don't think that would be a workable strategy because it would drive his negatives up. But the crux of the risk is that if Hillary wins, Trump is going to blame Cruz and that might stick. One of America's greatest leaders--Henry Clay--said (and I paraphrase): "I'd rather be right than be President." Of course, he never became President.

Bedell, I get what you're saying about Cruz choosing family over politics, but from my many years of observation, if any politician gave a rip about his/her family, they'd never go into politics in the first place. The demands of office have only gotten more heavy during my 40 years of watching and participating in the process. The price is extremely high on families.

Interesting times. I can't believe Hillary is trotting boring white guys out as possible VP picks.

weso1
07-21-2016, 08:14 AM

He didn't have to endorse him though. He could have just said essentially that he was going to hold his nose and vote for Trump to beat Hillary. He could have Bernie'd it. To me the Occam's razor that applies here is that Cruz actually really is a constitutional conservative who has trouble voting for someone like Trump for personal and principled reasons.

weso1
07-21-2016, 08:15 AM
So I fell asleep around 7 when it started raining. Woke up to this sh-- storm. Oh boy what entertainment.

I always knew Ted was a snake, but man oh man. Finally a lot of the cons in that room who thought Cruz was this honest principled man, see how self-centered and awful he is.

I woke up thinking the exact opposite.

weso1
07-21-2016, 08:23 AM

50PoundHead
07-21-2016, 08:37 AM
He didn't have to endorse him though. He could have just said essentially that he was going to hold his nose and vote for Trump to beat Hillary. He could have Bernie'd it. To me the Occam's razor that applies here is that Cruz actually really is a constitutional conservative who has trouble voting for someone like Trump for personal and principled reasons.

And the cynic in me says Ted is just trying to play the hand he has been dealt to his advantage. I'll grant that Cruz is slightly more principled than Trump, which isn't saying much.

weso1
07-21-2016, 08:41 AM
And the cynic in me says Ted is just trying to play the hand he has been dealt to his advantage. I'll grant that Cruz is slightly more principled than Trump, which isn't saying much.

Wat? Cruz is a million times more principled than Trump. Trump changes his positions more than... well... he changes his positions a lot.

sturg33
07-21-2016, 08:46 AM
"Vote your conscious" should not be controversial.

Good for Ted

sturg33
07-21-2016, 08:46 AM

I'm not sure you understand what happened there

sturg33
07-21-2016, 08:48 AM
I'm not a Cruz fan. I am a fan of a man who would stand by his family over party. Trump is a dangerous arseclown in a dangerous world and his idiocy will costs lives. I want no part of him. If that means Hillary is president well so be it. Happy to say now about the R convention., "not my circus not my monkeys."

It's liberating holding your head high and saying "I'm not going to participate in this nonsense", isn't it?

sturg33
07-21-2016, 08:52 AM

Seriously? After all the bitching you did about Trump, you're going to fall in line?

All that tells me is that you will vote for (R) no matter who it is.

Sad

sturg33
07-21-2016, 08:53 AM
I'm starting to go for the conspiracy theory that Trump is in cahoots with Hilary... just too much ridiculousness to be taken seriously

50PoundHead
07-21-2016, 09:22 AM
Wat? Cruz is a million times more principled than Trump. Trump changes his positions more than... well... he changes his positions a lot.

I don't find Cruz to be genuine at all. A million times zero is zero, so I don't think you're giving your guy much credit.

Oklahomahawk
07-21-2016, 09:24 AM
I don't find Cruz to be genuine at all. A million times zero is zero, so I don't think you're giving your guy much credit.

Yeah I've long felt this way about Rafael and I think that hurts weso's feelings but that really isn't my intent, I just see this guy being exactly like Martin Sheen's character in the movie Dead Zone.

Oklahomahawk
07-21-2016, 09:24 AM
Isn't it ironic and more than a little scary how 10 of us can see/hear the same thing and come up with at least 5 or 6 (minimum) totally different angles on it? I get the feeling that some old thing I always say about people only believing the same stuff they believed before said "new performance" but I would digress. Anyway I saw this on a friend's Facebook and thought I would "borrow" it, since it definitely goes along with my philosophy (and more and more of you guys' too)

https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/responsive/cover/main/desktop/2016/03/21/635941177673232556610802541_why-we-need-a-third-party.jpg

The Chosen One
07-21-2016, 09:35 AM
I'm not sure you understand what happened there

I do understand.

Cruz was getting payback, and he was also trying to set himself up for 2020.

I never understood where Cruz gets this "libertarian" love. His primary opponents labeled him as one to try and make him not look like a conservative, and for some reason people think he is this strict-constitutionalist.

The guy is a neo-con on steroids.

If you think what he did last night was some heroic thing of courage, you're just as stupid as the people you always claim are sheep.

The Chosen One
07-21-2016, 09:37 AM
Seriously? After all the bitching you did about Trump, you're going to fall in line?

All that tells me is that you will vote for (R) no matter who it is.

Sad

Considering what Trump offered Kasich, the Veep title is probably more important than ever.

Trump Jr. apparently offered it to Kasich and told him he'd be in charge of foreign and domestic policy.

Trump denies this ever happened. So more musical chairs.

50PoundHead
07-21-2016, 09:41 AM
Yeah I've long felt this way about Rafael and I think that hurts weso's feelings but that really isn't my intent, I just see this guy being exactly like Martin Sheen's character in the movie Dead Zone.

I just see Elmer Gantry. Bedell's a man of the cloth and if he thinks I'm headed to hell, I'll take it with a shaker full of salt. If Cruz wants to send me there, nary a grain will enter my mind.

Oklahomahawk
07-21-2016, 09:46 AM
I just see Elmer Gantry. Bedell's a man of the cloth and if he thinks I'm headed to hell, I'll take it with a shaker full of salt. If Cruz wants to send me there, nary a grain will enter my mind.

Elmer Gantry is another example I've used on Rafael. And I agree about Beds, he and I don't always agree on stuff but I always respect his opinion, especially on spiritual matters.

Julio3000
07-21-2016, 10:03 AM
It's liberating holding your head high and saying "I'm not going to participate in this nonsense", isn't it?

Only if there are negative consequences for you.

Julio3000
07-21-2016, 10:05 AM

That's quite apt. Pro Wrestling was my first thought, too. I half expected Trump to rush the podium.

sturg33
07-21-2016, 10:09 AM
I do understand.

Cruz was getting payback, and he was also trying to set himself up for 2020.

I never understood where Cruz gets this "libertarian" love. His primary opponents labeled him as one to try and make him not look like a conservative, and for some reason people think he is this strict-constitutionalist.

The guy is a neo-con on steroids.

If you think what he did last night was some heroic thing of courage, you're just as stupid as the people you always claim are sheep.

Again, i'm not a Cruz fan... much of what he says I detest.

But I applaud him for not falling in line out of pressure. I think Rubio looks like a fool. I think Bernie looks like a fool.

Like him or hate him, Cruz gave a good speech and told voters to vote their conscious. That should not be controversial. But in our "less of two evils" society, it's seen as some villainous move

50PoundHead
07-21-2016, 10:16 AM

But I applaud him for not falling in line out of pressure. I think Rubio looks like a fool. I think Bernie looks like a fool.

Like him or hate him, Cruz gave a good speech and told voters to vote their conscious. That should not be controversial. But in our "less of two evils" society, it's seen as some villainous move

Rubio's Senate seat is up this year (Hey! I thought he wasn't going to run.) making his political calculus different from Cruz'. Don't kid yourself, Cruz would be leading the Trump parade if he thought there was an advantage for him either in the short of long terms.

weso1
07-21-2016, 10:17 AM

I don't think he's genuine in his personality at all. But I do believe he's genuine when it comes to being a constitutionalist and states rights type of guy.

The Chosen One
07-21-2016, 10:21 AM

It's just hilarious to me he now waits until the convention and the day after to start explaining why he doesn't support Trump and start attacking.

If he was this great principled man of conviction and honor, he would have been blasting Trump about this from the day he left stepped out of the race.

Instead he waited to get back into the spotlight and use it for his own gain.

The substance of the speech is irrelevant when you know the person giving the speech is a snake.

50PoundHead
07-21-2016, 10:25 AM
I don't think he's genuine in his personality at all. But I do believe he's genuine when it comes to being a constitutionalist and states rights type of guy.

Maybe this comes from too many years in politics, but I find everyone to be a constitutionalist as long as it says what they want it to say.

sturg33
07-21-2016, 10:33 AM
It's just hilarious to me he now waits until the convention and the day after to start explaining why he doesn't support Trump and start attacking.

If he was this great principled man of conviction and honor, he would have been blasting Trump about this from the day he left stepped out of the race.

Instead he waited to get back into the spotlight and use it for his own gain.

The substance of the speech is irrelevant when you know the person giving the speech is a snake.

Funny that you think this is bad, but you're cool with your boy calling Hilary corrupt and unfit to be President... then told all his sheep to go vote for her

bravesnumberone
07-21-2016, 10:45 AM
I definitely think there were political motivations for Cruz. That's a given. The bigger issue is how out of touch the Trump people and Republican party are with reality right now.

Trump threatened to do the same thing they are riding Cruz about, which is abandon the "pledge." In three days, much like the past year, I have not heard one thing about what Trump himself can do to move the country forward. You have to move beyond "Hillary sucks." You aren't changing any minds on that. Her record is her record for better or worse, and there aren't hardly any people left on the fence about her. Cruz's speech should have been every hardcore conservative's wet dream. It was quite excellent as a political speech. If it wakes people up to how loony he is, I suppose that's fine. But uh, they were on the floor whining because he didn't offer an endorsement to the guy who slandered his family.

It's just so bizarre and worth nothing more than reality-show entertainment at this point.

I can't wait for Trump to talk tonight. Hope he pulls the "lyin' Ted" card again.

bravesnumberone
07-21-2016, 10:47 AM
Maybe this comes from too many years in politics, but I find everyone to be a constitutionalist as long as it says what they want it to say.

Cruz's brand of "constitutionalism," in particular is one of strictly sticking to a document that has been amended another 17 times after the Bill of Rights like it's a medical guide.

weso1
07-21-2016, 11:30 AM

There are those who take a more literal interpretation, as opposed to RBG who reads it like a fiction novel.

50PoundHead
07-21-2016, 12:00 PM

That all depends on whether or not you ever want to accomplish anything. Cruz and Sanders can stand above the fray (as they both have done) and claim their ideological and, by extension, their moral superiority, but people want to get things done. One of the biggest problems I see for both sides is their inability to take off the blinders and see that the problems facing America cannot be solved by invoking secularly sacred texts to shut down action. I'm not aiming this at you because you don't hold public office, but those two do.

I think Cruz is the 8th dwarf: Smirky.

sturg33
07-21-2016, 12:33 PM
That all depends on whether or not you ever want to accomplish anything. Cruz and Sanders can stand above the fray (as they both have done) and claim their ideological and, by extension, their moral superiority, but people want to get things done. One of the biggest problems I see for both sides is their inability to take off the blinders and see that the problems facing America cannot be solved by invoking secularly sacred texts to shut down action. I'm not aiming this at you because you don't hold public office, but those two do.

I think Cruz is the 8th dwarf: Smirky.

I'm speaking about the voting populace.

I'm know I would be pretty depressed if I felt like I had to support either Trump or Hilary.

50PoundHead
07-21-2016, 01:14 PM
I'm speaking about the voting populace.

I'm know I would be pretty depressed if I felt like I had to support either Trump or Hilary.

When I was growing up, I hated my mother's cooking, but I preferred it to my father's cooking. It would have been nice to go out to a restaurant, but my father pinched his pennies so hard that you could actually see the tears in Lincoln's eyes.

sturg33
07-21-2016, 01:41 PM
When I was growing up, I hated my mother's cooking, but I preferred it to my father's cooking. It would have been nice to go out to a restaurant, but my father pinched his pennies so hard that you could actually see the tears in Lincoln's eyes.

Luckily... that is not an apt comparison.

50PoundHead
07-21-2016, 01:49 PM
Luckily... that is not an apt comparison.

Best I could come up with. Anyway, I don't begrudge you your choice in supporting Johnson. That's where you are ideologically and you've done your research to develop your views. What I don't like is when people who aren't as invested as you make this "I don't wanna" complaint. Democracy isn't a spectator sport. Get to your caucuses. Vote in your primaries. Research issues. Contact legislators. In short, get active. You have done that. Most of the other folks who are stuck in whine mode haven't done any of that. You have and so I don't take your comments as whining.

gilesfan
07-21-2016, 01:50 PM
This election is simply depressing. Obama sucks, but at least I have some level of respect for him. I have zero for Trump or Hillary. I cannot understand how better candidates didn't step up. Besides Bernier, there are litterally zero that aren't upgrades over those 2. A scumbag and a crook....who wins?

The Chosen One
07-21-2016, 01:51 PM
Funny that you think this is bad, but you're cool with your boy calling Hilary corrupt and unfit to be President... then told all his sheep to go vote for her

Bernie probably doesn't want to be the guy in the history books as someone who helped Trump get elected. Just like Bush 43 didn't want to go down into history as doing nothing to try and avoid the Great Depression 2 and signed TARP. Call it the lesser of two evils or whatever you want. I want a multi-party system here like the UK or Canada. It would eliminate right wing non-sense from the mainstream, and then you can be happy because ilbertarians would be better represented. The country is center, shifting towards center-left with millenials. We would get a lot more done if it weren't for divided Congress and cowards wanting to keep their jobs instead of doing the right thing.

I am amazed over the years, you simply just don't understand the inner workings of politics.

The Chosen One
07-21-2016, 01:53 PM
This election is simply depressing. Obama sucks, but at least I have some level of respect for him. I have zero for Trump or Hillary. I cannot understand how better candidates didn't step up. Besides Bernier, there are litterally zero that aren't upgrades over those 2. A scumbag and a crook....who wins?

:YDS:

50PoundHead
07-21-2016, 02:09 PM
Bernie probably doesn't want to be the guy in the history books as someone who helped Trump get elected. Just like Bush 43 didn't want to go down into history as doing nothing to try and avoid the Great Depression 2 and signed TARP. Call it the lesser of two evils or whatever you want. I want a multi-party system here like the UK or Canada. It would eliminate right wing non-sense from the mainstream, and then you can be happy because ilbertarians would be better represented. The country is center, shifting towards center-left with millenials. We would get a lot more done if it weren't for divided Congress and cowards wanting to keep their jobs instead of doing the right thing.

I am amazed over the years, you simply just don't understand the inner workings of politics.

I think blame for the current system falls on both the political structure and the voting public. We live in a world with increasing consumer choice. That's all well and good, but people seem to believe that consuming politics is like a trip to the grocery store. No one voter gets their cart filled up with everything that they like. That means constant compromise. I get that people don't like to compromise, but there's no avoiding that in politics/government if things are going to work.

I like a parliamentary system as well because it requires coalition building and pretty much eliminates the executive function. It's important to remember, however, that party discipline is usually much greater in parliamentary systems.

The Chosen One
07-21-2016, 02:17 PM
I think blame for the current system falls on both the political structure and the voting public. We live in a world with increasing consumer choice. That's all well and good, but people seem to believe that consuming politics is like a trip to the grocery store. No one voter gets their cart filled up with everything that they like. That means constant compromise. I get that people don't like to compromise, but there's no avoiding that in politics/government if things are going to work.

I like a parliamentary system as well because it requires coalition building and pretty much eliminates the executive function. It's important to remember, however, that party discipline is usually much greater in parliamentary systems.

I'm completely fine with that.

I honestly think the President (whether whichever party in office), gets a lot of blame that should be shifted more towards Congress than anything.

Party discipline is greater in those systems, because the parties are not diluted like we have here.

Bernie and Hillary probably wouldn't be in the same party if this were UK. Trump and Cruz wouldn't either. But Bernie and Hillary's parties would have to form coalitions to get things done. And the minority party couldn't continue to block and hold everything hostage.

sturg33
07-21-2016, 03:01 PM

Am I understanding this as saying "you have to vote for the lesser of two evils or else you don't understand the inner workings of politics"?

jpx7
07-21-2016, 05:22 PM
Interesting times. I can't believe Hillary is trotting boring white guys out as possible VP picks.

Seriously.

jpx7
07-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Still, that doesn't make it any less dumb to mock an ESL supermodel borrowing banal parts of a speech.

Agreed. For a media supposedly at odds with Trump, they're quite bad at undermining him.

jpx7
07-21-2016, 05:49 PM
He may have added to the general party damage, making his support base weaker in the future. Or it could still play out as the smart move. A lot will have to do with Hillary and her luck.

In no small part because Cruz isn't just betting on himself, betting on his principles (such as they are), et cetera; he's clearly betting Clinton wins in November, but doesn't succeed much beyond that.

CrimsonCowboy
07-21-2016, 08:06 PM
Ted Cruz did himself no favors last night. He preached unity and made a pledge to support the nominee on the Republican side. He broke that pledge. Last night, he may have ended any possible chance he has of ever being president. I understand standing on principals and I know the insults Trump sent towards his family. However, it seemed to many that he was petty about it and small.

I have never proclaimed myself to be "Never Trump", either here or on this website. I even said here that if he was the nominee, I'd likely vote for him. Did I root for him to win the nomination? No. Full disclosure, I voted for Rubio in the Alabama Primary. Trump did and said things I didn't like then and still don't now. If the election was tomorrow, I'd vote for him in all likelihood. But, there is still a lot of time between now and November. I've looked at Gary Johnson, but I don't think it's the Libertarians time yet. Is their time coming? Quite possibly yes. This may be the start of their rise. But, it's not their time yet.

As I just mentioned, I have never said to anyone I'm "Never Trump". I am however, completely Team "Never Hillary". That woman does not need to be president. While I have been no fan of Trump, I have absolutely zero percent trust in her. For all his faults, and there is many of then, Trump is the only one who can defeat her. My interest in this election is Hillary Clinton NOT becoming the President of the United States.

Over the years, Donald Trump has sat in his New York office or on the set of "The Apprentice" giving job interviews. Many people seeking employment have sat on the other side of the desk from him. Tonight, the tables are turned. Trump is being interviewed for this job, a four month long interview. And this time, We The People, are behind the big desk. Tonight, it is the biggest speech of his life. He will be watched by millions, many who, like me, still are at least somewhat skeptical of him.

Donald, this is the start. Will we say yes to you, or say "You're Fired"?

Runnin
07-21-2016, 09:01 PM
In no small part because Cruz isn't just betting on himself, betting on his principles (such as they are), et cetera; he's clearly betting Clinton wins in November, but doesn't succeed much beyond that.
It seems like a good bet to me.

Runnin
07-21-2016, 09:07 PM
Ted Cruz did himself no favors last night. He preached unity and made a pledge to support the nominee on the Republican side. He broke that pledge. Last night, he may have ended any possible chance he has of ever being president. I understand standing on principals and I know the insults Trump sent towards his family. However, it seemed to many that he was petty about it and small.

I have never proclaimed myself to be "Never Trump", either here or on this website. I even said here that if he was the nominee, I'd likely vote for him. Did I root for him to win the nomination? No. Full disclosure, I voted for Rubio in the Alabama Primary. Trump did and said things I didn't like then and still don't now. If the election was tomorrow, I'd vote for him in all likelihood. But, there is still a lot of time between now and November. I've looked at Gary Johnson, but I don't think it's the Libertarians time yet. Is their time coming? Quite possibly yes. This may be the start of their rise. But, it's not their time yet.

As I just mentioned, I have never said to anyone I'm "Never Trump". I am however, completely Team "Never Hillary". That woman does not need to be president. While I have been no fan of Trump, I have absolutely zero percent trust in her. For all his faults, and there is many of then, Trump is the only one who can defeat her. My interest in this election is Hillary Clinton NOT becoming the President of the United States.

Over the years, Donald Trump has sat in his New York office or on the set of "The Apprentice" giving job interviews. Many people seeking employment have sat on the other side of the desk from him. Tonight, the tables are turned. Trump is being interviewed for this job, a four month long interview. And this time, We The People, are behind the big desk. Tonight, it is the biggest speech of his life. He will be watched by millions, many who, like me, still are at least somewhat skeptical of him.

Donald, this is the start. Will we say yes to you, or say "You're Fired"?
Still on the fence about Donald? After all he has said and done?

A good speech tonight doesn't wipe all that away nor does it change who he will be tomorrow.

weso1
07-21-2016, 09:21 PM

A good speech tonight doesn't wipe all that away nor does it change who he will be tomorrow.

You're voting for Hillary.

weso1
07-21-2016, 09:22 PM
Ivanka with a great delivery, but hated the substance. She and Trump are both democrats in truth. Congrats liberals. The conservative party is dead.

Runnin
07-21-2016, 09:25 PM
Speech leaked. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-speech-full-text_us_5791547ae4b0bdddc4d3ea99?uvkz0homss9d4pldi )

Seems word for word so far.

Runnin
07-21-2016, 09:26 PM
You're voting for Hillary.
I would but won't go thru the process of an absentee vote to MS.

weso1
07-21-2016, 09:32 PM
I would.

Don't grump about CC's decision then. Both choices are crap and the only reason either party is voting for our turds is because of SCJ, generally speaking. Good news for dems is that you are guaranteed to get meh on the constitution judges. Bad news for pubs is that while there's a slight chance we'll get a cares about the constitution judge, we are most likely going to get meh on the constitution judges under a Trump reign.

Runnin
07-21-2016, 09:32 PM
That's a lot of American flags.

weso1
07-21-2016, 09:37 PM
Ivanka freaking substantiated the gender wage gap myth. Somebody please #freemilo

Runnin
07-21-2016, 09:37 PM
Don't grump about CC's decision then. Both choices are crap and the only reason either party is voting for our turds is because of SCJ, generally speaking. Good news for dems is that you are guaranteed to get meh on the constitution judges. Bad news for pubs is that while there's a slight chance we'll get a cares about the constitution judge, we are most likely going to get meh on the constitution judges under a Trump reign.
I didn't grump his decision, only surprised that he hasn't made it yet. I know the hatred for Hillary and the Clintons runs deep.

weso1
07-21-2016, 09:44 PM
Someone wake me up from this nightmare.

Krgrecw
Did someone just rush the stage? Trump was staring to his right and asked 'how good is the Cleveland police'

zitothebrave

Correct. Either you like Trump, you are voting for the Party Line, or you don't like him or don't like his party. There isn't much middle ground in this day and age.

ALso looking at RNC speakers, they include trolls like Falwell and Thiel. Not really shocking, but the party isn't even hiding how trolly they are anymore.

ALso looking at the rest of convention speakers, there are many non-politicians including members of Trumps organizations, leaders of PACs, Actors, athletes, etc. It's just a big Trump show. It's such a conman convention. FWIW to date the list of DNC speakers is all elected and former elected officials. Which hints that either Trump is just putting on a show, or the majority of elected dems have no interest in being there on the same stage with Trump.

The Chosen One
07-21-2016, 09:45 PM
Someone wake me up from this nightmare.

All things considered I think he's doing pretty well.

weso1
07-21-2016, 09:46 PM

The Chosen One
Did someone just rush the stage? Trump was staring to his right and asked 'how good is the Cleveland police'

Protester in the stands.

weso1

That's the nightmare.

The Chosen One
07-21-2016, 09:47 PM

I think he's hitting a really good populous message right now. His delivery is too awful though. Slows down too much.

Runnin
07-21-2016, 09:49 PM
He's delivering it well, such as "it" is.

The Chosen One
07-21-2016, 09:55 PM
He's delivering it well, such as "it" is.

He just gave a shoutout to the LGBT community.

The Chosen One
07-21-2016, 09:56 PM
Genius. Trump getting a room full of anti-gay people to cheer for protecting gay people.

The Chosen One
07-21-2016, 09:58 PM
The right should be worshipping the Don right now. He alone is pulling the party to the center and the 21st century.

Runnin
07-21-2016, 09:58 PM
He just gave a shoutout to the LGBT community.

You can tell he's never said LGBT before.

The Chosen One
07-21-2016, 10:00 PM
You can tell he's never said LGBT before.

Lol. Like most people I'm sure he just uses the term gayy.

Krgrecw
07-21-2016, 10:02 PM
What the hell does the Q stand for?

bravesnumberone
07-21-2016, 10:04 PM
It's not a bad speech. He's managed to give a shoutout to gay people, talk about bad free trade deals and warn about the danger of nation building.

jpx7
07-21-2016, 10:04 PM

Queer and/or Questioning.

bravesnumberone
07-21-2016, 10:05 PM

As Paulie said in the Sopranos, effing queerrrrrs.

The Chosen One
07-21-2016, 10:06 PM
It's not a bad speech. He's managed to give a shoutout to gay people, talk about bad free trade deals and warn about the danger of nation building.

As I said. He's hit a very populous tone. Hes pulling the party to the center. He may lose to Hillary but he might he adding another 10 years of life support to the party if they continue to shift to the center.

bravesnumberone
07-21-2016, 10:08 PM
As I said. He's hit a very populous tone. Hes pulling the party to the center. He may lose to Hillary but he might he adding another 10 years of life support to the party if they continue to shift to the center.

Unfortunately the platform they adopted is as anti-gay as ever.

The Chosen One
07-21-2016, 10:09 PM
Unfortunately the platform they adopted is as anti-gay as ever.

Kind of moot when the de facto leader of the party just changed that. Lol.

jpx7
07-21-2016, 10:11 PM
FWIW to date the list of DNC speakers is all elected and former elected officials.

What office did/does Demi Lovato hold?

Runnin
07-21-2016, 10:11 PM
lol

no idea

Runnin
07-21-2016, 10:14 PM
His "USA" chant fell flat.

Runnin
07-21-2016, 10:21 PM
Sounds as much like a Dem speech as R.

The Chosen One
07-21-2016, 10:33 PM
Interested to see if Trump gets a convention bump for this speech.

bravesnumberone
07-21-2016, 10:33 PM
Will you win the Braves a pennant Mr. Trump?

Runnin
07-21-2016, 10:38 PM
Interested to see if Trump gets a convention bump for this speech.
I'd be more interested in the Melania bump.

bravesnumberone
07-21-2016, 10:38 PM
That little Trump kid looks like he hates Christmas.

The Chosen One
07-21-2016, 10:44 PM

I'm Team Ivanka.

CrimsonCowboy
07-21-2016, 10:44 PM

And your father, along with the likes of McConnell and Boehner are big reasons why. May be a good thing.

bravesnumberone
07-21-2016, 10:47 PM
I'll take John McCain any day and every day over Donald Trump.

Krgrecw
07-21-2016, 10:47 PM
I'm Team Ivanka.

Damn right

CrimsonCowboy
07-21-2016, 10:52 PM

You're right. A good speech would not wipe away what he has said and done. I'm leery of him, but because he was not my choice in the primary and his attitude rubbed me the wrong way on several occasions. But between the two, Trump wins over Hillary for me.

Long speech to be sure, but I thought he did well. It was classic Trump. He did not sugar coat a lot of things and said the same things that touched the nerve with those that have supported him. Now, the real work begins for him.

CrimsonCowboy
07-21-2016, 10:53 PM

Code Pink protester

weso1
07-21-2016, 10:58 PM

Not sure if I want to join buzzfeed or guardian.

jpx7
07-21-2016, 11:01 PM
Not sure if I want to join buzzfeed or guardian.

You know you're secretly woke as hell, weso.

bravesnumberone
07-21-2016, 11:03 PM
This CNN panel is such lulz...

njc108
Thank you Trump. You did me proud. My black and latino friends are ready to rumble!!!!

Krgrecw
As Paulie said in the Sopranos, effing queerrrrrs.

That's what I thought. But the Q would be redundant since you already have the G in there.

Krgrecw
07-21-2016, 11:04 PM
This CNN panel is such lulz...

You still watch CNN?

I imagine that most everyone in here secretly watched Fox

weso1
07-21-2016, 11:08 PM
You know you're secretly woke as hell, weso.

It's true.

bravesnumberone
07-21-2016, 11:10 PM
You still watch CNN?

I imagine that most everyone in here secretly watched Fox

I find their little squabbles amusing. And I like it when Jon King does his little thing with the maps...:Bowman:

weso1
07-21-2016, 11:17 PM

which one?

bravesnumberone
07-21-2016, 11:20 PM
which one?

The one she didn't get from Michelle.

jpx7
07-21-2016, 11:32 PM
But the Q would be redundant since you already have the G in there.

It's a bit more complicated than that.

Julio3000
07-22-2016, 12:07 AM
It's possible I missed something in the crosstalk going on in the (my) room, but wasn't his "shoutout" to the LGBTQ community essentially a promise to keep them safe from radical Islamist terrorists? I mean, uh, I guess I appreciate the sentiment, but . . .

I'm also quite interested in how he plans to end violence and lawlessness on January 20, 2017. Is that before or after every American family gets their own pet unicorn?

Also, I gather we're still building a wall, but it appears that Mexico is no longer going to pay for it. It doesn't sound nearly as fun now.

bravesnumberone
07-22-2016, 12:26 AM
It's possible I missed something in the crosstalk going on in the (my) room, but wasn't his "shoutout" to the LGBTQ community essentially a promise to keep them safe from radical Islamist terrorists? I mean, uh, I guess I appreciate the sentiment, but . . .

I'm also quite interested in how he plans to end violence and lawlessness on January 20, 2017. Is that before or after every American family gets their own pet unicorn?

Also, I gather we're still building a wall, but it appears that Mexico is no longer going to pay for it. It doesn't sound nearly as fun now.

You'll have to ask the Democrats that in regards to giving away things for free. I think him leaving the "Mexico will pay for it, believe me..." line out of the speech was his attempt to appeal to Hispanics.

Julio3000
07-22-2016, 12:38 AM
You'll have to ask the Democrats that in regards to giving away things for free. I think him leaving the "Mexico will pay for it, believe me..." line out of the speech was his attempt to appeal to Hispanics.

Well, when it comes to giving things away for free, at least the most pie-in-the-sky lefty proposals—be it universal healthcare, free college, early childhood education, real paid family leave, or whatever—are at least theoretically possible using the legislative process. Promising that you'll end violence and lawlessness on a particular date is something that perhaps only the aforementioned meteor could actually accomplish.

The Chosen One
07-22-2016, 12:58 AM
Damn right

I remember when Donald first introduced her to the media. I was like 15-16. She is just as hot now 3 kids later as she was in her early 20s back then.

Runnin
07-22-2016, 01:18 AM
Promising that you'll end violence and lawlessness on a particular date is something that perhaps only the aforementioned meteor could actually accomplish.
By turning cops loose and bringing on more violence and lawlessness?

I would hate to be a person of color in Trump's America.

jpx7
07-22-2016, 01:18 AM
I remember when Donald first introduced her to the media. I was like 15-16. She is just as hot now 3 kids later as she was in her early 20s back then.

Guys, it's all about that Tiffany bird now: diamonds like her are so shiny, special things I got on me. It's especially refreshing because, while everybody's partying, obsessin' over crazy things, she just wants serenity, while living it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVpu6MnXBhQ

50PoundHead
07-22-2016, 08:49 AM
I turned to the local news at 10 CDT, but Donald was still going. I caught a little of the speech--the trade deal part--before heading off to bed. It's really too bad because the local news team was in my hometown highlighting the area's summer road trip attractions. Sorry, the sites of my near-death experiences (for me and others) while driving heavy machinery was not part of the report.

Anyway, Trump's puddle of consciousness is 99% negative (to which even Frank Luntz agreed), but that's maybe where we are as a nation. No forward vision, so everyone is rolling up the carpet and making sure community stops at the front door. Curious to see how the Dems respond, but this isn't 1980 so I don't think the "morning in America" will have traction. I guess it's more like "mourning in America."

Runnin
07-22-2016, 09:49 AM
I think Jon Stewart deserves the last word. Hannity's hypocrisy is stunning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNiqpBNE9ik

BedellBrave
07-23-2016, 12:48 PM

You are not my friend, if you are in Christ - if you receive Him and acknowledge Him as King and the One who has done all that is necessary for your salvation. Our differences on politics matter little.

57Brave
07-24-2016, 02:21 AM
why aren't there dads ?

This year 12

Realize this topic has been moved on ....
Catching up on articles missed the end of last week I found the link to the above statistic:

"Last month, the Republican party's national director for African-American initiatives sent an email to a number of reporters, including our Jonathan Capehart, delineating the diversity of the delegates at the party's convention. The big number was 18 -- out of 2,472 delegates in total."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/19/there-are-likely-fewer-black-delegates-to-the-republican-convention-than-at-any-point-in-at-least-a-century/

Runnin
07-27-2016, 11:59 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/l2R013mIf1ZXdvoyI/200_s.gif