RHP Aaron Northcraft
RHP Shae Simmons
3B Kyle Kubitza
2B Tommy LaStella
SS Elmer Reyes
OF Robby Hefflinger

thethe
08-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Your personal favorite Reyes going. Braves definitely believe he has a future. Even if its a super util guy that has value.

Really excited to see how Simmons does.

50PoundHead
08-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Interesting group. Curious to see how Hefflinger does. He has really stalled in AA.

Simmons and Cornely are big fastball guys who probably start next season in AA. Jaime is on the 40-man and is also a big fastball guy. Braves love that fastball.

I am most curious about Kubitza. Great walk numbers, but average and power seem to lag a bit.

rico43
08-28-2013, 07:45 AM
They are (according to mlb.com):

RHP John Cornely
RHP Juan Jaime
RHP Aaron Northcraft
RHP Shae Simmons
3B Kyle Kubitza
2B Tommy LaStella
SS Elmer Reyes
OF Robby Hefflinger

Notice that Holbert not returning to manage them. How often to holdovers manage iN AFL?

50PoundHead
08-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Notice that Holbert not returning to manage them. How often to holdovers manage iN AFL?

To tell you the truth, I've never watched the manager thing closely. I think they rotate them around and give every organization an opportunity to have one of their guys manage instead of sticking with the same guys year-after-year. I could be wrong, but I think because it's a cooperative league that there's a passing of the torch with the managing and coaching positions.

The thing I've noticed is that when the league was first established, it was envisioned as a "finishing school" for AA and AAA guys. It seems to have become largely a High A and AA league with teams sending developmental guys. It used to be that a major league franchise could only send one guy who hadn't played in AA, but there are three in this year's set of Braves' players. Also, the league used to be restricted to only US-born players, but that rule seems to have been relaxed as well.

I don't put much stock in the statistics that come out of the league, but it's probably a good learning experience for the guys involved, as it allows them to do some things that they wouldn't do in normal competition.