PDA

View Full Version : Hulu/Netflix/Amazon Prime Thread

zitothebrave
08-30-2013, 08:17 PM
For all folks who either love those services or who like me cut the cable cord, discuss what you've been watching.

Lately I've been enjoying classic Bond movies on Netflix before they expire on Tuesday. Also Sound City is a really cool documentary.

BlackwaterPark
08-30-2013, 08:25 PM
Harpers Island. Pretty darn good show.

TURBO
08-30-2013, 09:59 PM
going through Futurama again. Love the show.

Carp
08-30-2013, 10:49 PM
Been watching the 1st season of New Girl with my fiance on Netflix. Zoey Duchawhateverhernameis is super hot. And the show is actually really funny.

Been trying to watch the new season of Arrested Development, but the first 4 episodes haven't been that good. So I kinda stopped watching.

Finished Being Human seasons (American version). Pretty solid show.

jgriff3029
08-30-2013, 11:23 PM
I liked the first season of New Girl. Unfortunately, imo, season 2 was not as good.

zitothebrave
08-31-2013, 08:32 AM
Been watching the 1st season of New Girl with my fiance on Netflix. Zoey Duchawhateverhernameis is super hot. And the show is actually really funny.

Been trying to watch the new season of Arrested Development, but the first 4 episodes haven't been that good. So I kinda stopped watching.

Finished Being Human seasons (American version). Pretty solid show.

She is not hot.

That said, Season 4 of Arrested D was great, not as classic as say the second season, but still great.

BlackwaterPark
08-31-2013, 08:47 AM
Dexter is great.

Breaking Bad is great.

BlackwaterPark
08-31-2013, 08:47 AM
She is not hot.

That said, Season 4 of Arrested D was great, not as classic as say the second season, but still great.

I bet Zooey is hotter than anything you have ever touched with your dirty dick beaters

zitothebrave
08-31-2013, 08:58 AM
I bet Zooey is hotter than anything you have ever touched with your dirty dick beaters

In my opinion no, but then again that's just mine.

ERHMAGOD SO HAWT

http://imgur.com/fgEaM.jpg

BlackwaterPark
08-31-2013, 09:01 AM
Shes not the hottest tv/movie star or anything, but she is really pretty. I think people like her more because she looks like an everyday girl, not a blown up bimbo.

zitothebrave
08-31-2013, 09:02 AM
She looks like a less attractive version of the normal Brooklyn Hipster.

BRule
08-31-2013, 11:05 AM
Picking a role where her character is supposed to look plain/homely- Zito tatics FTW

zitothebrave
08-31-2013, 11:17 AM
Picking a role where her character is supposed to look plain/homely- Zito tatics FTW

Pick a photo of her without makeup.

Anyone can look attractive with the right creative eye.

For example

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/photo_galleries/regular_galleries/1876-stars-without-makeup/photos/1351101456_sofia-vergara-640.jpg

Zooey Annoyingashell was crafted behind the scenes so nerdy guys would find her attractive and somewhat approachable. I could pick a number of photos of her that I would say are not hot. Because she's not hot. Would I bang her yes, but you and I have had this discussion before, and bangable does not equal hot.

BRule
08-31-2013, 12:03 PM
So if you were dating her and your friends asked if your gf was "hot", you'd say no?

How is this life?

Granted this isn't as bad SAV saying Kate Upton was ugly, or whatever he said...but still stupid.

zitothebrave
08-31-2013, 12:11 PM
If I had the pull to date her, I could date a lesser known much hotter girl. So I fail to see that scenario playing out.

Again, would bang her, not hot. It's back to the Gaga Principle.

Hawk
08-31-2013, 12:44 PM
She was married to Ben Gibbard, therefore her pussy is useless to me.

zitothebrave
09-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Been watching Hell on Wheels, interesting show.

Runnin
09-18-2013, 12:47 AM
Been watching Hell on Wheels, interesting show.
The character of Bohanan is from my hometown, Meridian, MS.

Now that's a tattoo, means 3 blankets and a horse.
http://images.amcnetworks.com/blogs.amctv.com/wp-content/uploads/mt-legacy/hell-on-wheels/how104-eva-325.jpghttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Dy4Cdh4m0vA/TueqFa4GRpI/AAAAAAAAAag/1ah_iMU1Anc/s1600/Olive_Oatman.png

goldfly
09-18-2013, 01:43 AM
She is not hot.

you're an idiot

Bj1133
09-18-2013, 06:23 AM
I pay about $120 for Comcast TV/Internet - would love to be able to cut that price down, but gotta have my live sports and don't want to watch them on some foreign website on my laptop. A la Carte TV, if it ever happens, will be wonderful.

Tapate50
09-18-2013, 07:41 AM
Pretty much every show Amc throws out there is at least worth a few episodes to see if they will stick. Putting out some good shows. Been watching Low Winter Sun when I can't sleep, decent so far.

zitothebrave
09-18-2013, 08:44 AM
Haven't caught that one yet, will probably check it out on Netflix. Breaking Bad and Walking Dead are the only AMC shows I'm heavily invested in. Walking Dead is losing my interest though, another weak season and I'll relegate it to the back burner.

Krgrecw
09-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Oct 15 is the rumored day to see if A La Carte TV will happen anytime soon.

I pay about $120 for Comcast TV/Internet - would love to be able to cut that price down, but gotta have my live sports and don't want to watch them on some foreign website on my laptop. A la Carte TV, if it ever happens, will be wonderful.

zitothebrave
09-18-2013, 09:04 AM
One thing with A La Carte is that it will potentially lower the bills for some. But it would also eliminate several good channels and the programming we enjoy. For example if only the people who watch ESPN want to keep ESPN, to keep the programming they have it would cost those subscribers 30 bucks a month. Most people would not pay 30 bucks a month for ESPN so what they'd offer would falter and then all of the sudden they'd be dropping off MNF, soccer coverage, baseball, etc. because they can't afford it. Same thing with local sports channels (Fox Sports, Comcast Sportsnet, etc.)

A guestimate on if the cost of the factor of 5 (meaning one in five people subscribe subscribe to them at cost, which probably isn't true) your cable only bill for the top 10 channels would be about 78 a month.

If you want to lower your cable bill petition your government for fair competition. Not A La Carte. A La Carte is bad for the consumer and bad for many TV networks we enjoy. Only people who'll benefit (though not as well) are the cable providers.

goldfly
09-18-2013, 11:19 PM
She was married to Ben Gibbard, therefore her pussy is useless to me.

what a weird post

Hawk
09-19-2013, 04:39 PM
what a weird post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4VxewepbYk

TURBO
10-01-2013, 04:31 AM
Just finished watching orange is the new black on Netflix. Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to season 2.

gtcway
10-01-2013, 07:04 AM
My wife and I just finished seasons 1-4 of Sons of Anarchy on Netflix. Really good show. Maybe would have been different if I started watching in the beginning and having to wait but it keeps me interested, wanting more. We've stayed up very late a few nights watching one or two more episodes.
I kinda like the binge watching of shows. Makes it easier to keep up with what's going on instead of trying to remember the plot of a dozen shows at a time.
Got the final 8 episodes of Breaking Bad on the dvr. Should be done by the weekend:eusa_dance:

Runnin
10-05-2013, 12:20 AM
I'm watching True Blood for the first time, in Season 2 now. Surprisingly entertaining. I usually get bored with vampire stuff but I like this. William Sanderson (brother of Daryl and Daryl) is funny in just about anything.

zitothebrave
10-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Brewmasters on Netflix. Obviously over dramatized, but cool show. Reminds me why I want to work in the brewing world.

gtcway
10-09-2013, 09:04 PM
I can't believe they've removed King of the Hill from Netflix and Amazon Prime. Just realized it was available a couple weeks ago. Watched the first 2 episodes on Netflix, went back tonight to watch more and I couldn't find it. Checked online and it's gone.:Sad:

zitothebrave
10-09-2013, 09:21 PM
That sucks. I've watched probably every episode a handful of times but loved to watch them. Sucks I can't go back to it. It will be back at some point I'm sure. Probably as part of a bigger deal with Fox.

The Chosen One
10-09-2013, 09:43 PM
King of the Hill is genius. Very underrated show.

zitothebrave
10-09-2013, 09:49 PM
King of the Hill is genius. Very underrated show.

Both true points. I hate people who knock King of the Hill but like other Mike Judge things. Most of his comedies are basically the same sure there are some slight variations but in general they're all rreally quirky character driven comedies. The best part is they all are complex characters as well. Not shallow like some other comedies that steal all thier jokes from the Simpsons.

The Chosen One
10-09-2013, 10:14 PM
FWIW, I liked Family Guy the first 2 seasons. It's only when it came out of cancellation that I felt they went really over the top and changed a lot of things.

zitothebrave
10-09-2013, 10:30 PM
FWIW, I liked Family Guy the first 2 seasons. It's only when it came out of cancellation that I felt they went really over the top and changed a lot of things.

Family GUy's first 2 Seasons were good. But I think they were good because the ideas were still newish. Not the show idea of course but the writing was so it wasn't rehashing and overkilling jokes. Stilll has some funny moments in it but I don't watch it because of like I said it being largely rehashed. And the injustices of cancelling Futurama and Arrested Development and not bringing them out. Though Bob's Burgers is pretty glorious. Hope that doesn't get the Arrested D cut because it doesn't make ratings.

zitothebrave
03-30-2014, 08:54 PM
Been watching Clone Wars all day while resting my foot injury.

gtcway
03-30-2014, 09:03 PM
Have all three right now on my Roku and haven't missed cable/satellite at all. Started on clone wars too.

zitothebrave
03-30-2014, 09:08 PM
I think Clone Wars proves how good the Star Wars universe is when Lucas isn't directly involved.

Krgrecw
03-30-2014, 10:50 PM
I think Clone Wars proves how good the Star Wars universe is when Lucas isn't directly involved.

George Lucas was actually quite involved with The Clone Wars..

Knucksie
03-31-2014, 03:34 PM
Lately I've been enjoying classic Bond movies on Netflix before they expire on Tuesday.

Over a year ago, Amazon had a sale of the Bond 50 Years collection on Blu Ray for about $138. We sold my DVD collection for around the same price. So, excellent trade-off. The cases were hard bound. "Sky Fall" wasn't included but there was a slot for it.

zitothebrave
03-31-2014, 04:40 PM
Over a year ago, Amazon had a sale of the Bond 50 Years collection on Blu Ray for about $138. We sold my DVD collection for around the same price. So, excellent trade-off. The cases were hard bound. "Sky Fall" wasn't included but there was a slot for it.

Nice deal.

The Chosen One
03-31-2014, 04:47 PM
Bond 50 year blu ray set was 99.99 a while ago.

Knucksie
04-01-2014, 11:13 AM
Bond 50 year blu ray set was 99.99 a while ago.

Even better, but mine was essentially free. So, there was no buyer's remorse.

zitothebrave
04-28-2014, 04:34 PM
Batman classic series is on Amazon Prime. Kevin Conroy and Mark Hammill are Batman and the Joker for me. Though Bale and Ledger certainly were amazing in the movies. I watched so much of that cartoon.

Also loving the Kill Bill is ont here. Hav eit on DVD would love to see the HD version

zitothebrave
04-12-2015, 11:47 PM
Reviving this thread. Caught the first few episodes of Daredevil, and it's really good. It succeeds everywhere Arrow fails. It's willing to be the truly gritty superhero show.

chop2chip
04-12-2015, 11:56 PM
Signed up for HBONow and cancelled Netflix.

There is a lot of competition in the online streaming market. Hopefully this cause prices to fall and the content quality to improve.

zitothebrave
04-13-2015, 12:13 AM

There is a lot of competition in the online streaming market. Hopefully this cause prices to fall and the content quality to improve.

Netflix originals have all been great IMO. HAven't even checked out Peaky Blinders yet but I've been told by people with similar tastes to me that I'll love it.

Krgrecw
04-13-2015, 01:18 AM

Good choice. Time Warner (owns HBO) is putting the shows from all the Time Warner channels (tbs, tnt, etc) and TW movies on that HBO App in future. That'll kill Netflix.

If MLBAM every goes public, I recommend buying that stock. The little company that is in charge of MLB At Bat now controls the online streaming for MLB, watch ESPN, march madness, HBO GO, WWE Network etc

weso1
04-13-2015, 08:55 AM
Will be interesting to see how slingtv does. If it does well then I think you'll really see the streaming services explode. It's kind of been a slow trickle to this point, but having ESPN on one of the streaming devices could be a game changer.

zitothebrave
04-13-2015, 10:27 AM
[QUOTE=Krgrecw;210240]Good choice. Time Warner (owns HBO) is putting the shows from all the Time Warner channels (tbs, tnt, etc) and TW movies on that HBO App in future. That'll kill Netflix./QUOTE]

Do you ever sit back and think before your predictions? Hulu and Amazon haven't been able to kill Netflix, but getting original content from TBS, TNT, and other TW content will? Only thing that will kill Netflix is itself. If they continue to put out quality programs, they'll remain super strong, even if they don't having tons of movies and TV shows available to stream is great as well .

Carp
04-13-2015, 10:29 PM
Daredevil is good so far. No major complaints as of yet. Solid show.

I can't get into Arrow or Flash at all. Agents of SHIELD was better than either of those, but I couldn't get into it either.

Carp
04-13-2015, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE=Krgrecw;210240]Good choice. Time Warner (owns HBO) is putting the shows from all the Time Warner channels (tbs, tnt, etc) and TW movies on that HBO App in future. That'll kill Netflix./QUOTE]

Do you ever sit back and think before your predictions? Hulu and Amazon haven't been able to kill Netflix, but getting original content from TBS, TNT, and other TW content will? Only thing that will kill Netflix is itself. If they continue to put out quality programs, they'll remain super strong, even if they don't having tons of movies and TV shows available to stream is great as well .

Yeah, I'd pay $9 a month for Netlfix easily, even if they only showed network TV shows and Netflix original shows/movies. It's totally worth that.

Also zeets, I highly recommend Marco Polo if you haven't watched that one yet. Haven't finished Peaky Blinders yet. It's solid, but not as good as Marco Polo, imo.

zitothebrave
04-13-2015, 10:36 PM
Arrow failed because it didn't continue down the path it started. Started out strong but then turned into BS. Second season was horrible. The whole mirakuru thing was just the worst.

Agents of Shield got so much better in the second season. I liked the first season it worked extremely well as a leadup to Captain America: Winter SOldier but that was it. Didn't stand on it's own very well. Agent Carter was really freaking good. Though I may have just been entirely too enthralled with Hayley Atwell

zitothebrave
04-13-2015, 10:38 PM
Also zeets, I highly recommend Marco Polo if you haven't watched that one yet. Haven't finished Peaky Blinders yet. It's solid, but not as good as Marco Polo, imo.

Saw Marco Polo. Liked parts of it, not others. Overall I'd say it was good ignoring the massive obvious historical inaccuracies. The dude who plays Kublai Khan though is amazing. HE's gonna be in something coming up I forget what.

Tapate50
04-14-2015, 06:51 AM
The first episode of Bloodline was solid. Sets up well... Haven't had time to catch anymore yet

thewupk
04-14-2015, 01:38 PM
Will be interesting to see how slingtv does. If it does well then I think you'll really see the streaming services explode. It's kind of been a slow trickle to this point, but having ESPN on one of the streaming devices could be a game changer.

Slingtv recently got AMC too so that should bring in some walking dead fans. Once I'm out of my deal with Dish I'll likely do slingtv.

Carp
04-14-2015, 07:11 PM
I'll have to keep an eye on SlingTV then. I they keep adding more content it may be worth it afterall. If they added network TV as well, I would definitely get it for 25-30 bucks a month.

zitothebrave
04-14-2015, 07:53 PM
I'll have to keep an eye on SlingTV then. I they keep adding more content it may be worth it afterall. If they added network TV as well, I would definitely get it for 25-30 bucks a month.

Just doesn't quite make sense to me as long as I have an internet/tv bundle. Aside from "sticking it" to Comcast/TW/Cox/Whoever you're gonna spend pretty close to the same amount and almost certainly lose content. I've cut the cable before, but not by paying a different provider 20-30 bucks.

Carp
04-14-2015, 09:03 PM
The issue for me is not the price necessarily. It's being forced to sign a 2 year contract and then having rates sky rocket after the 1st year. Yes I know you can call in and bitch and they'll drop the rate back down, but I shouldn't have to do that. And I don't watch half the channels anyways.

zitothebrave
04-14-2015, 09:19 PM
The issue for me is not the price necessarily. It's being forced to sign a 2 year contract and then having rates sky rocket after the 1st year. Yes I know you can call in and bitch and they'll drop the rate back down, but I shouldn't have to do that. And I don't watch half the channels anyways.

I hate cable providers. You'd be preaching to the choir. They're terrible. I agree you shouldn't have to call in and bitch.Thankfully I don't have the same issue with my cell phone.

Carp
04-14-2015, 09:32 PM
I will say that SlingTV needs to improve their device compatibility tremendously. When I signed up for the free week trial, my google TV, google chrome, and my Windows tablet were all incompatible with SlingTV. So basically, I can only watch SlingTV on my cell phone. Luckily my google chrome streamed my phone's screen, but still that is pretty ridiculous.

zitothebrave
04-16-2015, 09:03 PM
http://qz.com/385131/netflix-is-now-bigger-than-cbs/

Netflix is gonna DIE