PDA

View Full Version : Gattis tearing it up at AAA

tvsportscaster
09-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Well, the Braves plan of sending Gattis to AAA is apparently working well. So far, he's 4 for 6, with 3 extra base hits, including a homerun tonight.

Braves1976
09-01-2013, 09:09 PM
He also showed off his arm throwing out a runner at second too. That said, I still disagree with how the situation was handled. But I am happy to see him finally getting some AB's, even if it's at AAA.

thethe
09-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Braves were in a tough spot because of his hot he started but they haven't handled Gattis well. He should have been in Gwinett a while ago. By the end of June to mid July it was clear he was flawed and needed more work. Hopefully he will be back strong next year.

rico43
09-02-2013, 02:21 AM
Braves were in a tough spot because of his hot he started but they haven't handled Gattis well. He should have been in Gwinett a while ago. By the end of June to mid July it was clear he was flawed and needed more work. Hopefully he will be back strong next year.

It's pretty clear they need that threat on their bench right now. It's marginal how long Reed Johnson would be available, if at all, and Pastornicky would have been that other RH bat.

thethe
09-02-2013, 04:45 AM
He's an easy out right now. I don't consider him a threat at this moment. The guy needs to learn how to hit. I believe he will be he needs everyday at bats.

Runnin
09-02-2013, 05:49 AM
He's an easy out right now. I don't consider him a threat at this moment. The guy needs to learn how to hit. I believe he will be he needs everyday at bats.
Not sure who you're talking about but Gattis knows how to hit. He just needs to learn how to not hit, or rather not swing at pitches meant to make him chase.

Teheran_49
09-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Not sure who you're talking about but Gattis knows how to hit. He just needs to learn how to not hit, or rather not swing at pitches meant to make him chase.

He'll always be a free swinger and he's never really walked a ton in the minors. We've still got a division pennant to win and even though it looks good right now it's still not a done deal. he needs everyday AB's which he won't get here and he's still a liability in LF. He is best suited at catcher and with Mac healthy he wouldn't see much time there and Laird hasn't done anything to say he's not a decent back up at catcher. I agree with thethe in that this should of been done quite some time ago. There's a very strong possibility that we may need Gattis to be our everyday C next year.

Dalyn
09-02-2013, 03:44 PM

I also think it hurts him to play multiple positions.

Bdawg2309
09-02-2013, 04:08 PM
also didn't help that the braves got desperate and only gave him 1 rehab game

thethe
09-02-2013, 04:08 PM
I also think it hurts him to play multiple positions.

Agreed. He need to just be a catcher. He is good at it.

Not sure whats going to happen with Mac honestly but Heyward/Upton/Freeman should be made a priority over Mac. You just have to hope that Gattis can be more productive in a semi-everyday role at catcher.

thethe
09-02-2013, 04:09 PM
also didn't help that the braves got desperate and only gave him 1 rehab game

It was two but yeah agreed. Braves have mishandled Gattis all year. He has a part to play in that because of how hot he started but he needed to see more breaking balls in the minor leagues.

Dalyn
09-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Agreed. He need to just be a catcher. He is good at it.

Not sure whats going to happen with Mac honestly but Heyward/Upton/Freeman should be made a priority over Mac. You just have to hope that Gattis can be more productive in a semi-everyday role at catcher.

I think a Bethancourt/Gattis combo would work well enough, though McCann/anyone would obviously work a lot better. Wouldn't even mind keeping Laird if it meant Fredi would utilize Gattis off the bench.

thethe
09-02-2013, 04:32 PM
I think a Bethancourt/Gattis combo would work well enough, though McCann/anyone would obviously work a lot better. Wouldn't even mind keeping Laird if it meant Fredi would utilize Gattis off the bench.

I think thats the way they are going to go. YOu are going to have to alot approximately 54 million a year soon for Freeman/Heyward/Upton. That should be the priority.

gilesfan
09-02-2013, 09:07 PM
It was two but yeah agreed. Braves have mishandled Gattis all year. He has a part to play in that because of how hot he started but he needed to see more breaking balls in the minor leagues.

How have they mishandled?

stpeteirish
09-03-2013, 06:36 AM

Think we're stuck with Laird, he's on a two year deal. And he's OK in the role he was signed for, back up catcher. If you carry Gattis you can carry three catchers since Gattis can play in the field. So Bethancourt could conceivable be the #1 catcher with Gattis and Laird in reserve.

thethe
09-03-2013, 06:42 AM
How have they mishandled?

He should have always been getting everyday AB's so he can see more pitches. That obviously wasn't going to happen at the major league level so he should have been in AAA. He is a catcher (and by observation a good one), he should not have been in LF. I know you don't think he is a major leaguer but he was rushed to the major leagues because of how he started. HOpefully they find a way to get him more AB's next year.

thethe
09-03-2013, 06:43 AM
Think we're stuck with Laird, he's on a two year deal. And he's OK in the role he was signed for, back up catcher. If you carry Gattis you can carry three catchers since Gattis can play in the field. So Bethancourt could conceivable be the #1 catcher with Gattis and Laird in reserve.

Gattis should be the everyday catcher in that scenario. You could find a taker for Laird IMO or you just cut bait with him. I think CB will start the year in AAA personally.

It sure is a downgrade from Mac but you have to sign Freeman/Heyward/Justin and its not even a question to consider.

Tapate50
09-03-2013, 08:14 AM
I don't think Gattis has seen the last of Atlanta this year. We will need that thunder threat off the bench. If he can get right (2-4 last game) then he will be a huge weapon to have.

I honestly thought with Heywards injury, we would have seen him a little more in the OF.

clvclv
09-03-2013, 08:29 AM
I don't think Gattis has seen the last of Atlanta this year. We will need that thunder threat off the bench. If he can get right (2-4 last game) then he will be a huge weapon to have.

I honestly thought with Heywards injury, we would have seen him a little more in the OF.

Expect to see Gattis back today and Hale added by Thursday or Friday.

gilesfan
09-03-2013, 09:10 AM
He should have always been getting everyday AB's so he can see more pitches. That obviously wasn't going to happen at the major league level so he should have been in AAA. He is a catcher (and by observation a good one), he should not have been in LF. I know you don't think he is a major leaguer but he was rushed to the major leagues because of how he started. HOpefully they find a way to get him more AB's next year.

They gave him a chance and he failed. Instead of blaming the organization, why not blame the player?

clvclv
09-03-2013, 09:31 AM
They gave him a chance and he failed. Instead of blaming the organization, why not blame the player?

"They gave him a chance and he failed."

Seriously??? 15 HRs and 47 RBI in almost exactly one half season of ABs against MLB pitching the first time he has ever been exposed to it while getting sporadic playing time is a "failure"???

God forbid he got regular playing time with a chance to make adjustments over the course of a few ABs in a row, much less 2-3 games played per week rather than 1-2 pinch hit ABs per week in pressure situations. If that had happened he'd have been an utter embarassment by your standards (22-25 HRs and 65 RBI out of a part-time player is definitely not what any contender would like to have available at the drop of a hat).

Numbers guys can make these things fit whenever the argument they're making calls for it, but I'd venture a guess that even the most numerically-inclined folks around these parts wouldn't come close to calling Gattis a "failure" - certainly not at this point. Rather I'd bet that they'd mention sample size and lack of REGULAR playing time as the cause of Evan's struggles.

Did he "fail" to win the ROY following a sizzling start, sure. Did that have as much to do with a lack of opportunity to see and make adjustments to the adjustments the Pitchers he faced had made? Absolutely.

mfree80
09-03-2013, 09:45 AM

Seriously??? 15 HRs and 47 RBI in almost exactly one half season of ABs against MLB pitching the first time he has ever been exposed to it while getting sporadic playing time is a "failure"???

God forbid he got regular playing time with a chance to make adjustments over the course of a few ABs in a row, much less 2-3 games played per week rather than 1-2 pinch hit ABs per week in pressure situations. If that had happened he'd have been an utter embarassment by your standards (22-25 HRs and 65 RBI out of a part-time player is definitely not what any contender would like to have available at the drop of a hat).

Numbers guys can make these things fit whenever the argument they're making calls for it, but I'd venture a guess that even the most numerically-inclined folks around these parts wouldn't come close to calling Gattis a "failure" - certainly not at this point. Rather I'd bet that they'd mention sample size and lack of REGULAR playing time as the cause of Evan's struggles.

Did he "fail" to win the ROY following a sizzling start, sure. Did that have as much to do with a lack of opportunity to see and make adjustments to the adjustments the Pitchers he faced had made? Absolutely.

Got to agree!!! Gattis has not failed by any stretch. A baseball season is a marathon. Every player, even the most consistent have good and bad stretches. The ones who get 500-600 AB's make adjustments. The ones who get 100-200 AB's are more prone to ups and downs because they don't get the chance to adjust. I am pretty confident that with more consistent AB's we would have seen him figure it out a bit. Unfortunately, for a part time player on a deep team, you don't have the luxury of letting all of them work through the adjustments. Guys like Uggla and BJ are going to get a more patient approach because they have a track record (not saying I always agree). They are not as patient with a guy like Gattis.

I think he has a bright future. He will adjust. This off-season will, in my opinion bring huge progress now that he has had a season in the bigs to see what it is all about, and where his weaknesses are.

gilesfan
09-03-2013, 10:05 AM

Those are just excuses. He didn't get sporatic at bats until August after struggling.

PawPawMaxwell
09-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Those are just excuses. He didn't get sporatic at bats until August after struggling.
Now that is just not true for even a stats guy like you. Things cooled substantially for Gattis and playing time diminished the moment McCann came off the DL.

zitothebrave
09-03-2013, 10:28 AM

Evan Gattis had 282 PA, 84 in April, 69 in May, so 54.3% of his PA came in the first 2 months. With a healthy though not insane drop off after Mac came back. Though I believe May (without looking it up) was the month that Heyward missed time.

Tapate50
09-03-2013, 11:28 AM
I snarfed at "failed".

Enscheff
09-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Even when Evan was going good you could see he had trouble with breaking pitches. Once the league found that out they started spinning balls up there, then making him chase on fastballs out of the zone since he was over aggressive when he saw something straight.

Having said that, when they benched him he should have went down to AAA. There was no reason to keep him idle on the MLB bench with a huge lead in the division. He should have been getting everyday ABs in AAA rather than rotting on the bench. Why keep him on the MLB roster and then start guys like Terdo and EJ over him? It just makes no sense.

Dalyn
09-03-2013, 01:41 PM

Right. I just don't think Gattis can handle even a little time playing multiple positions. But I still agree about Laird and such.

Braves1976
09-03-2013, 02:20 PM

Thanks for a well thought out post. It will surely annoy the Gattis bashers on this forum.

clvclv
09-03-2013, 02:45 PM

Player A - 117 GP, 425 ABs, .285/.330/.518/.848, 21 HR, 71 RBI

Player B - 127 GP, 495 ABs, .259/.315/.426/.741, 17 HR, 74 RBI

I'd ask you to provide some sort of tangible evidence that given the same number of ABs as those two players that Gattis wouldn't have given the Braves AT LEAST comparable results had he gotten the opportunity. Again, TANGIBLE EVIDENCE - not misspelled words and your OPINION that those are excuses. Show me the numbers if you can. Then tell me which player is more valuable (especially since those charts are always reliable when they adjust for position differences) given that Player A is Marlon Byrd (so make sure to factor in the cost of either Dilson Herrera or Vic Black in your formula) and that player B is Justin Morneau (factoring in whomever the PTBNL winds up being) AND their salaries plus the fact that neither is under team control beyond next month. Gattis can play 2 of the 5 positions those two play defensively, and his ability to catch offsets any defensive deficiencies between Byrd's ability to play a below-average CF and Morneau's ability to play an average (at best) 1B.

Come on mouthpiece...give us something other than your blowhard opinion.

gilesfan
09-03-2013, 03:00 PM
What are you asking me to do? Tell you that Gattis has been as good as Morneau, who's been awful most of the year? To tell you that Gattis has been as good as Byrd (he has not).

Are you looking for numbers? Gattis has 282 PA and a line of .238/.298/.469. That speaks for itself. You can make all the excuses you can conjure up, but those are his numbers. Ever since the 2nd month of the season, he's been the easiest out on the team. Maybe next year he can recover at age 28.

thethe
09-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Even when Evan was going good you could see he had trouble with breaking pitches. Once the league found that out they started spinning balls up there, then making him chase on fastballs out of the zone since he was over aggressive when he saw something straight.

Having said that, when they benched him he should have went down to AAA. There was no reason to keep him idle on the MLB bench with a huge lead in the division. He should have been getting everyday ABs in AAA rather than rotting on the bench. Why keep him on the MLB roster and then start guys like Terdo and EJ over him? It just makes no sense.

This is exactly why I believe he was mishandled. It was clear he was lost but he wasn't going to find himself sitting on the bench and didn't deserve playing time in Atlanta. He should have been in Gwinnett by the middle of jUly.

cajunrevenge
09-03-2013, 03:10 PM
There is no way Gattis has failed. Failed to continue his early season success sure, but lets not forget we are talking about the least offensive position in the majors. Gattis's OPS would rank 12th in the majors for catchers with 200 or more plate apperances. Right behind our old buddy Salty. Gattis at worst is a league average catcher. For league minimum thats pretty good. Gattis would be the starting catcher on atleast half the teams in the majors. I wont like losing McCann but we could do far worse than Gattis. Laird I think would not be hard to trade. He has had a good year despite limited at bats and makes only 1.5 million next year. He couldnt be traded mid year of the first year of a multi year deal without his consent but he can in the offseason. I think a lot of teams would take him, not give up much for him but I think there would be teams willing to take him and all of his salary.

thethe
09-03-2013, 03:14 PM
LOL at Gattis failing. Thats a classic.

gilesfan
09-03-2013, 03:24 PM
There is no way Gattis has failed. Failed to continue his early season success sure, but lets not forget we are talking about the least offensive position in the majors. Gattis's OPS would rank 12th in the majors for catchers with 200 or more plate apperances. Right behind our old buddy Salty. Gattis at worst is a league average catcher. For league minimum thats pretty good. Gattis would be the starting catcher on atleast half the teams in the majors. I wont like losing McCann but we could do far worse than Gattis. Laird I think would not be hard to trade. He has had a good year despite limited at bats and makes only 1.5 million next year. He couldnt be traded mid year of the first year of a multi year deal without his consent but he can in the offseason. I think a lot of teams would take him, not give up much for him but I think there would be teams willing to take him and all of his salary.

That assumes he would be able to maintain his current OPS level by catching everyday instead of getting breaks and playing in LF.

PawPawMaxwell
09-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Cant wait to see what GirlFriend has to say tomorrow.

thethe
09-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Cant wait to see what GirlFriend has to say tomorrow.

Something about one game luck and Torres being a scrub. Lol at failure.

clvclv
09-03-2013, 09:40 PM
What are you asking me to do? Tell you that Gattis has been as good as Morneau, who's been awful most of the year? To tell you that Gattis has been as good as Byrd (he has not).

Are you looking for numbers? Gattis has 282 PA and a line of .238/.298/.469. That speaks for itself. You can make all the excuses you can conjure up, but those are his numbers. Ever since the 2nd month of the season, he's been the easiest out on the team. Maybe next year he can recover at age 28.

Hello??? Hello???

Hello??? Hello???

The Chosen One
09-03-2013, 09:46 PM

Fairly certain BJ Upton would be pretty upset at this assertion.

clvclv
09-03-2013, 09:51 PM

Pittsburgh traded for Morneau because they felt he'd make a difference. His numbers were AT BEST marginally better than Gattis' numbers when he was getting regular ABs.

Evan was sent to Gwinnett in the hopes he'd see something other than breaking balls that never got within 10" of the plate and fastballs that were below his shoulders.

He saw a few over the weekend, and adjusted pretty well.

Show me some numbers mouthpiece. The number I saw counted tonight and amazingly didn't reflect your views.

thethe
09-03-2013, 09:58 PM
GF has had it in for Gattis since the winter. He claimed he saw him play which wasn't true because he said he would never play meaningful time at catcher in the a majors. You have to understand what you're dealing with here.

clvclv
09-03-2013, 10:14 PM
GF has had it in for Gattis since the winter. He claimed he saw him play which wasn't true because he said he would never play meaningful time at catcher in the a majors. You have to understand what you're dealing with here.

Much like the old site - it tends to take quite a bit of time explaining that post counts don't have very much to do with baseball acumen.

thewupk
09-03-2013, 10:38 PM
115 wrc+ is not failing

thethe
09-03-2013, 10:42 PM
115 wrc+ is not failing

Imagine how the tone of the conversation would change if he were a National!!!

Gary82
09-03-2013, 10:45 PM
If Gattis does well in the postseason, we'll be sick of the coverage.

....not saying that's a bad thing.

Russ2dollas
09-04-2013, 07:52 AM
Great to see Gattis back. Compact swing back.

I think Gattis can be a starting C. I think he can improve. I think he's ok on D. And I think ppl forget how low the offensive bar is at C.

But he's a HUGE drop off from McCann. So if McCann is gone, I'm not sure how we make up the difference.....b/c next year we aren't going to run away with it again.

thethe
09-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Great to see Gattis back. Compact swing back.

I think Gattis can be a starting C. I think he can improve. I think he's ok on D. And I think ppl forget how low the offensive bar is at C.

But he's a HUGE drop off from McCann. So if McCann is gone, I'm not sure how we make up the difference.....b/c next year we aren't going to run away with it again.

You just have to hope that Heyward has a full year like he should have and BJ Upton bounces back to go along with Justin getting closer to his ability. I would rather Mac stay but it makes sense to let him walk and just pick up the draft pick. Hopefully Liberty opens up the pocket book and keeps him.

nsacpi
09-04-2013, 08:05 AM
There is a dropoff from McCann to Gattis. But that doesn't mean that Gattis is not a very useful bench player. He might continue to improve and eventually become the kind of player that can be the starting catcher for a championship quality team. He's not that far away from being there.

stpeteirish
09-04-2013, 08:19 AM
really kind of amazing that sending him down for three days ignited him the way it has. Hope they have the brains to play him again today, somewhere.

I read where they wanted to send him down sooner but kept him up for El Oso Blanco day. Stupid, on a couple levels. You think he needs the AB's, but you wait a week? For a promotion, and then he doesn't play, just pinch hits? (and is intentionally walked, crazy)

JCarbo76
09-04-2013, 08:32 AM
really kind of amazing that sending him down for three days ignited him the way it has. Hope they have the brains to play him again today, somewhere.

I read where they wanted to send him down sooner but kept him up for El Oso Blanco day. Stupid, on a couple levels. You think he needs the AB's, but you wait a week? For a promotion, and then he doesn't play, just pinch hits? (and is intentionally walked, crazy)

Stupid? What did it cost us? Nothing.

thethe
09-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Stupid? What did it cost us? Nothing.

Stunting the development of a player with Gattis' ability is not a smart idea. Especially because it appears to have been financially motivated. There is probably a greater than 50% chance that Gattis is our starting catcher next year. We needed him to be a more finished product at this point in the year so he could go into next year ready to mash like he did the first two months of the season.

gilesfan
09-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Pittsburgh traded for Morneau because they felt he'd make a difference. His numbers were AT BEST marginally better than Gattis' numbers when he was getting regular ABs.

Evan was sent to Gwinnett in the hopes he'd see something other than breaking balls that never got within 10" of the plate and fastballs that were below his shoulders.

He saw a few over the weekend, and adjusted pretty well.

Show me some numbers mouthpiece. The number I saw counted tonight and amazingly didn't reflect your views.

What are you trying to say? It's just mumbo jumbo with some mouthpiece thrown at the end? Mornaeua has been terrrible this year (up until Aug). What is your point?

gilesfan
09-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Much like the old site - it tends to take quite a bit of time explaining that post counts don't have very much to do with baseball acumen.

Yeah, if anyone says anything other than sucking a Braves players dick, they clearly don't know what they are talking about. Same as the old site.

gilesfan
09-04-2013, 08:55 AM

Yeah, I must not have seen him as much as you bc you predicted a .850 OPS or higher. Man, I need to watch players more.

thethe
09-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Yeah, I must not have seen him as much as you bc you predicted a .850 OPS or higher. Man, I need to watch players more.

We don't' know what would have happened had he got regular AB's. Whether you believe it or not he needed that opportunity because of his limited exposure to breaking balls. Lets see where he is next year when he gets more time. He sure did well this year when he was getting starting nods at catcher.

How about the fact that he would never get meaningful time at catcher because you saw him as a horrible minor league defensive catcher? I mean, he must have figured out how to play league average MAJOR LEAGUE DEFENSE overnight.

gilesfan
09-04-2013, 09:02 AM
You can come up with excuses all you want.

Hey, "he didn't play enough catcher to show how bad he is" "he benefited from getting limited at bats" "he benefited from nightly thethe blowjobs"

50PoundHead
09-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Morneau is an absolute shadow of his former self. He simply hasn't recovered from this concussion issues. He may put up a couple of months for the Pirates, but I'm going to be very curious as to what the market for him will be this off-season. Talk that the Twins will offer him a low-ball deal, but there's also talk that the Twins are going to move Mauer to 1B next year.

With Gattis, the Braves hit the reset button by sending him to Gwinnett. Like Yogi Berra said, "90 percent of the game is half mental." We'll see if it works, but the Braves figured Gattis needed some "live" batting practice.

I've always seen Gattis as a 300 AB guy who hopefully learns to play some 1B along with C and LF. He's the "dancing" white bear in the field right now, but I think he's looked okay in LF for a guy who hasn't spent a ton of time out there. Should be a decent platoon guy for a few years, if not in Atlanta, somewhere else. I don't want to see the DH in the NL, but if that happens, Gattis will have a home in Atlanta for a bit.

thethe
09-04-2013, 09:04 AM
You can come up with excuses all you want.

Hey, "he didn't play enough catcher to show how bad he is" "he benefited from getting limited at bats" "he benefited from nightly thethe blowjobs"

Sure is working for Kaepernick.

Seriously though, I can't believe someone who has as much baseball experience as you can really believe that getting limited AB's will negatively impact the production of a player with such limited experience facing advanced pitchers. His swings looked great last night.

thethe
09-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Morneau is an absolute shadow of his former self. He simply hasn't recovered from this concussion issues. He may put up a couple of months for the Pirates, but I'm going to be very curious as to what the market for him will be this off-season. Talk that the Twins will offer him a low-ball deal, but there's also talk that the Twins are going to move Mauer to 1B next year.

With Gattis, the Braves hit the reset button by sending him to Gwinnett. Like Yogi Berra said, "90 percent of the game is half mental." We'll see if it works, but the Braves figured Gattis needed some "live" batting practice.

I've always seen Gattis as a 300 AB guy who hopefully learns to play some 1B along with C and LF. He's the "dancing" white bear in the field right now, but I think he's looked okay in LF for a guy who hasn't spent a ton of time out there. Should be a decent platoon guy for a few years, if not in Atlanta, somewhere else. I don't want to see the DH in the NL, but if that happens, Gattis will have a home in Atlanta for a bit.

Braves will continue to win 95 games a year if the DH comes to Atlanta. It would be great to see what Gattis could do with 600 ABs

gilesfan
09-04-2013, 09:08 AM

Thats pretty much how it should be.

gilesfan
09-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Sure is working for Kaepernick.

Seriously though, I can't believe someone who has as much baseball experience as you can really believe that getting limited AB's will negatively impact the production of a player with such limited experience facing advanced pitchers. His swings looked great last night.

Limited at bats can also benefit players as well.

You act like Gattis is some special talent that is going to take over baseball. It's simply not true. He's a big strong guy with power that will swing at way too many pitches, but occasionally connect with a fastball.

thethe
09-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Limited at bats can also benefit players as well.

You act like Gattis is some special talent that is going to take over baseball. It's simply not true. He's a big strong guy with power that will swing at way too many pitches, but occasionally connect with a fastball.

No, I don't believe he is going to take over the sport but I think he is a guy that could hit 30-40 homers a year if he was given 600 AB's. He has serious power and average contact ability. For a man who swings as hard as he does he sure doesn't strikeout like you would expect him to. Once he learns to take something off his swing (like he did twice yesterday) I think he will bump that average up to the 260-270 ish range and produce massive power. If he does that from the catcher position you are talking about one of the most valueable commodities in baseball. But, the man needs everyday AB's. He needs to see pitches. You can't expect a man who had 1/4 of a season in AA to come up to the major leagues and be effective with 8-10 AB's a week.

sturg33
09-04-2013, 09:20 AM
GF is by far the biggest tool on this board.

I've never heard him dog Nats or Skins players like he does Braves players

thethe
09-04-2013, 09:22 AM

I'm completely shocked that I am not the biggest tool in your opinion. Today is now going to be a great day for me. Nothing but love for you Sturg!

gilesfan
09-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Bc of his age, his window for being a major league contributor is tiny. Spending time developing in the minors is almost pointless. But, they were forced to bc of his performance the last 3 months.

thethe
09-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Bc of his age, his window for being a major league contributor is tiny. Spending time developing in the minors is almost pointless. But, they were forced to bc of his performance the last 3 months.

This has been your problem from the beginning with Gattis. You fail to understand the surrounding circumstances why he made the majors at 26. If this guy didn't go AWOL he would have been in the majors at 22/23. He is a legit major leaguer and is probably in terms of power a top 20 player. His power/contact ability is rare and will continue to develop. Even at his age he could be a legit major leaguer for another 7-8 years. Braves will love every minute of it.

gilesfan
09-04-2013, 09:27 AM

Why would i talk about the Redskins on a Braves message board?

The only time I talk about the nats is when Heyward or Dunit say something dumb.

At least the feeling is mutual, tin foil.

gilesfan
09-04-2013, 09:32 AM
This has been your problem from the beginning with Gattis. You fail to understand the surrounding circumstances why he made the majors at 26. If this guy didn't go AWOL he would have been in the majors at 22/23. He is a legit major leaguer and is probably in terms of power a top 20 player. His power/contact ability is rare and will continue to develop. Even at his age he could be a legit major leaguer for another 7-8 years. Braves will love every minute of it.

I fully understand his circumstances, it is repeated over and over and over again. Saying he'd be in the majors at 22/23 is a big stretch.

Gattis contact rate is 77% and is K rate is over 20%, how rare is that?

Players like Nate Shierholtz, Pedro Alvarez, and Marlon Byrd are well over .200 in isoSlug, that doesn't make them great players.

You expect a guy like him with bat speed as his primary attribute to be a productive player into his mid 30s?

nsacpi
09-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Players like Nate Shierholtz, Pedro Alvarez, and Marlon Byrd are well over .200 in isoSlug, that doesn't make them great players.

They would be considered outstanding players if they could do it every year. Alvarez has done it several times, but he also consistently K's over 30% of the time and is a liability in the field. Even with all that, he's a valuable (though not great) player. If he were a decent fielder and K'ed a bit less he'd be considered a great player. I would take a Pedro Alvarez with a 20-25% K rate any day over Chris Johnson.

thethe
09-04-2013, 09:43 AM
I fully understand his circumstances, it is repeated over and over and over again. Saying he'd be in the majors at 22/23 is a big stretch.

Gattis contact rate is 77% and is K rate is over 20%, how rare is that?

You expect a guy like him with bat speed as his primary attribute to be a productive player into his mid 30s?

Yes I do considering how strong Gattis is. Whether its artificial or not he will remain strong his whole life. In terms of his baseball life I think that will last until his mid 30's at a high rate.

sturg33
09-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Why would i talk about the Redskins on a Braves message board?

The only time I talk about the nats is when Heyward or Dunit say something dumb.

At least the feeling is mutual, tin foil.

John Beck for the win!!!

BlackwaterPark
09-04-2013, 09:54 AM
You guys talking about Gattis being to old, wasnt David Ortiz like 28 before he was really good at the ML level? Same with Nelson Cruz, and Ryan Howard?

The Chosen One
09-04-2013, 10:11 AM
You guys talking about Gattis being to old, wasnt David Ortiz like 28 before he was really good at the ML level? Same with Nelson Cruz, and Ryan Howard?

Ortiz benefitted by taking roids though.

gilesfan
09-04-2013, 10:14 AM
They would be considered outstanding players if they could do it every year. Alvarez has done it several times, but he also consistently K's over 30% of the time and is a liability in the field. Even with all that, he's a valuable (though not great) player. If he were a decent fielder and K'ed a bit less he'd be considered a great player. I would take a Pedro Alvarez with a 20-25% K rate any day over Chris Johnson.

Yeah, if.

gilesfan
09-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Yes I do considering how strong Gattis is. Whether its artificial or not he will remain strong his whole life. In terms of his baseball life I think that will last until his mid 30's at a high rate.

Strength =/= bat speed

gilesfan
09-04-2013, 10:16 AM
John Beck for the win!!!

How's Matt Stafford and that Detroit Lions dynasty working out for you? LULZ. Good call.

gilesfan
09-04-2013, 10:18 AM

Howard was called up at 24, but his first full season was 26. He had 4 really good years before it all went downhill.

nsacpi
09-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Before his career is over I think Gattis will have a couple seasons where he puts up an OPS north .900. Might be with us, might be with another team. He should also have a couple seasons with over 40 HR's. It might be hard for him to get a season with us where he accumulates the counting stats to do that. But even if he stays a Brave, I could see a year where injuries open up enough playing time for him to do that. I bet some American League team makes us a good offer for him this off-season or next.

sturg33
09-04-2013, 10:25 AM
How's Matt Stafford and that Detroit Lions dynasty working out for you? LULZ. Good call.

Not going to turn this into a football thread... but it seems that you are dumber than I had previously thought.

gilesfan
09-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Not going to turn this into a football thread... but it seems that you are dumber than I had previously thought.

Exactly what I expected out of you.

thethe
09-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Before his career is over I think Gattis will have a couple seasons where he puts up an OPS north .900. Might be with us, might be with another team. He should also have a couple seasons with over 40 HR's. It might be hard for him to get a season with us where he accumulates the counting stats to do that. But even if he stays a Brave, I could see a year where injuries open up enough playing time for him to do that. I bet some American League team makes us a good offer for him this off-season or next.

While I love that I need to see more of what he did last night by taking something off of his swing before I think that.

thethe
09-09-2013, 06:41 AM
Still a failure.

Tapate50
09-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Gamecast had one of his bombs at 486 ft. That right? What a failure he couldn't get it to 500. Cut the bum!

nsacpi
09-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Swings too hard.

Dunit24
09-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Evan hit 2 mammoth HRs off of Cole Hamels. He is getting back in the groove folks.

Braves1976
09-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Evan hit 2 mammoth HRs off of Cole Hamels. He is getting back in the groove folks.

If not for the wind, he likely has three homers yesterday. He is showing the impressive power I knew he'd show if given consistent starts (rather than once or a few times a week). If Heyward returns, then in the playoffs we need to go back to him in center with Justin in right and Gattis in left. This outfield was a big reason for our great winning streak along with great pitching. When you have all of them in the line-up at least one of them is going to get pitches he wouldn't otherwise too.

thethe
09-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Swings too hard.

Glad you agree.

thethe
09-09-2013, 08:14 AM
If not for the wind, he likely has three homers yesterday. He is showing the impressive power I knew he'd show if given consistent starts (rather than once or a few times a week). If Heyward returns, then in the playoffs we need to go back to him in center with Justin in right and Gattis in left. This outfield was a big reason for our great winning streak along with great pitching. When you have all of them in the line-up at least one of them is going to get pitches he wouldn't otherwise too.

I would say at this point its a guarantee that we will see Evan start at least 3 games of a 5 game series.

nsacpi
09-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Glad you agree.

Yeah. Just like I agree with Heyward doesn't like baseball.

Sig worthy material my friend.

thethe
09-09-2013, 08:17 AM
Yeah. Just like I agree with Heyward doesn't like baseball.

Sig worthy material my friend.

Please do so. I pride myself on being a part of other peoples post all the time!

57Brave
09-09-2013, 08:17 AM
Anyone know type of pitch (fastball - change etc) and location on his HR's?

Braves1976
09-09-2013, 08:18 AM

The first homer was a fastball and second was a curveball, IIRC.

I doubled checked, yep the first was 92 mph fastball, second was on a 77 mph curveball.

thethe
09-09-2013, 08:19 AM

The bomb was on a fastball and the second homer was on a curve ball that Gattis BEAUTIFULLY waited on. All were first pitch which is bittersweet for me.

Braves1976
09-09-2013, 08:22 AM
Gamecast had one of his bombs at 486 ft. That right? What a failure he couldn't get it to 500. Cut the bum!

Yep, it was also the longest in the Majors this year.

Dunit24
09-09-2013, 08:23 AM
I would say at this point its a guarantee that we will see Evan start at least 3 games of a 5 game series.

As he should. Schafer and Gattis both should start if Heyward doesnt return in time for the playoffs.

Braves1976
09-09-2013, 08:29 AM
The bomb was on a fastball and the second homer was on a curve ball that Gattis BEAUTIFULLY waited on. All were first pitch which is bittersweet for me.

The harping on swinging first pitch is overdone, Freeman does it almost always. I remember when folks were always on him about it too. But now that he's hitting over .300 not so much. Further, I saw Gattis taking first pitches that were pitches to hit at times during his slump. As if he was trying to be more patient, then he'd end up behind 0-2 and either struck out or otherwise got himself out. So I don't want Gattis not swinging first pitch if it's a pitch to hit. It depends on the situation.

stpeteirish
09-09-2013, 08:33 AM
unfortunately Fredi's "going with the hot hand" lineup could include a 1 or 2 man outfiield. Right now i'd be Gattis and....Playoff time its anybody's guess. Justin will play. Heyward if he's really ready (and maybe if he isn't) the others are who knows. Probably won't be Terdo or George, but BJ Schafer and Gattis could all be hot or not .

50PoundHead
09-09-2013, 08:53 AM

Not if it's the best pitch he's likely to see. As long as he's swinging at balls in the strike zone, I don't know why it matters what the count is when he swings. For a guy like Gattis, taking a first pitch strike (especially if it's a fastball) can put him in a hole that gives the pitcher a huge advantage. I don't know the statistical analysis of Gattis' performance at different counts, but I'd be curious to see it.

thethe
09-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Not if it's the best pitch he's likely to see. As long as he's swinging at balls in the strike zone, I don't know why it matters what the count is when he swings. For a guy like Gattis, taking a first pitch strike (especially if it's a fastball) can put him in a hole that gives the pitcher a huge advantage. I don't know the statistical analysis of Gattis' performance at different counts, but I'd be curious to see it.
By Count AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB HBP SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
Count 0-0 50 0 11 2 0 2 9 0 0 0 0 0 .220 .216 .380 .596
Count 0-1 22 0 8 4 0 1 4 0 2 0 0 0 .364 .417 .682 1.099
Count 0-2 29 0 5 1 0 1 1 0 0 16 0 0 .172 .172 .310 .482
Count 1-0 25 0 4 0 0 2 5 0 0 0 0 0 .160 .154 .400 .554
Count 1-1 24 0 13 0 0 4 10 0 0 0 0 0 .542 .542 1.042 1.584
Count 1-2 51 0 7 2 0 1 3 0 0 25 0 0 .137 .137 .235 .372
Count 2-0 9 0 5 2 0 1 3 0 1 0 0 0 .556 .600 1.111 1.711
Count 2-1 12 0 8 3 0 2 4 0 1 0 0 0 .667 .692 1.417 2.109
Count 2-2 30 0 3 1 0 2 3 0 0 17 0 0 .100 .100 .333 .433
Count 3-0 1 0 1 0 0 1 4 8 0 0 0 0 1.000 1.000 4.000 5.000
Count 3-1 8 0 2 0 0 1 4 5 0 0 0 0 .250 .500 .625 1.125
Count 3-2 12 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 0 7 0 0 .000 .368 .000 .368
After 0-1 136 0 36 9 0 10 20 5 3 44 0 0 .265 .306 .551 .857
After 0-2 56 0 9 2 0 2 4 2 0 31 0 0 .161 .190 .304 .494
After 1-0 87 0 20 4 0 6 21 15 1 21 0 0 .230 .343 .483 .826
After 1-1 99 0 26 3 0 9 19 5 1 30 0 0 .263 .305 .566 .871
After 1-2 75 0 8 2 0 2 4 4 0 38 0 0 .107 .152 .213 .365
After 2-0 21 0 9 4 0 2 9 13 1 4 0 0 .429 .639 .905 1.544
After 2-1 34 0 11 4 0 4 8 3 1 10 0 0 .324 .395 .794 1.189
After 2-2 37 0 3 1 0 2 3 5 0 20 0 0 .081 .190 .270 .460
After 3-0 5 0 2 0 0 1 6 13 0 1 0 0 .400 .789 1.000 1.789
After 3-1 13 0 2 0 0 1 4 7 0 4 0 0 .154 .429 .385 .814

gilesfan
09-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Still a failure.

So he went 2-10 over the weekend, but at least he got his OBP over .3

thethe
09-09-2013, 09:00 AM

When you do the damage that Gattis does when he connects you don't need a high average or OBP. This guy does not have much experience and is learning at the major league level while "failing". He will be just fine. You did not even think there was a 1% chance he would be this good. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

Braves1976
09-09-2013, 09:02 AM

Exactly my point, thanks. Also, I don't have that info handy either but I recall during his slump him taking too many good first pitch fastballs at times. No one complained about that much, but they'd complain a lot later in the AB when he either struck out or otherwise got himself out. This was almost always because that first pitch he took was the best one he saw the entire AB. He'd also too often swing first pitch when it wasn't a strike. So it wasn't really swinging first pitch but swinging at first pitches when it wasn't a strike and good pitch to hit.

Braves1976
09-09-2013, 09:08 AM
When you do the damage that Gattis does when he connects you don't need a high average or OBP. This guy does not have much experience and is learning at the major league level while "failing". He will be just fine. You did not even think there was a 1% chance he would be this good. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

Gattis also has 18 homers and 50 RBI's (only one less homer than Mac and two less RBI's) to go along with an over .800 OPS. I'll take that for a part time player that hasn't consistently been a starter this year. That's also impressive for a rookie, albeit older rookie, still learning the league, pitchers, etc.

gilesfan
09-09-2013, 09:13 AM

1% of "this good" is exactly what?

thethe
09-09-2013, 09:15 AM
1% of "this good" is exactly what?

What are you saying? That is not how my comment should be interpreted.

At the start of the season you didn't think there was basically any chance Gattis would stick at the big league level even for this season.

Tapate50
09-09-2013, 09:50 AM
By Count AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB HBP SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
Count 0-0 50 0 11 2 0 2 9 0 0 0 0 0 .220 .216 .380 .596
Count 0-1 22 0 8 4 0 1 4 0 2 0 0 0 .364 .417 .682 1.099
Count 0-2 29 0 5 1 0 1 1 0 0 16 0 0 .172 .172 .310 .482
Count 1-0 25 0 4 0 0 2 5 0 0 0 0 0 .160 .154 .400 .554
Count 1-1 24 0 13 0 0 4 10 0 0 0 0 0 .542 .542 1.042 1.584
Count 1-2 51 0 7 2 0 1 3 0 0 25 0 0 .137 .137 .235 .372
Count 2-0 9 0 5 2 0 1 3 0 1 0 0 0 .556 .600 1.111 1.711
Count 2-1 12 0 8 3 0 2 4 0 1 0 0 0 .667 .692 1.417 2.109
Count 2-2 30 0 3 1 0 2 3 0 0 17 0 0 .100 .100 .333 .433
Count 3-0 1 0 1 0 0 1 4 8 0 0 0 0 1.000 1.000 4.000 5.000
Count 3-1 8 0 2 0 0 1 4 5 0 0 0 0 .250 .500 .625 1.125
Count 3-2 12 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 0 7 0 0 .000 .368 .000 .368
After 0-1 136 0 36 9 0 10 20 5 3 44 0 0 .265 .306 .551 .857
After 0-2 56 0 9 2 0 2 4 2 0 31 0 0 .161 .190 .304 .494
After 1-0 87 0 20 4 0 6 21 15 1 21 0 0 .230 .343 .483 .826
After 1-1 99 0 26 3 0 9 19 5 1 30 0 0 .263 .305 .566 .871
After 1-2 75 0 8 2 0 2 4 4 0 38 0 0 .107 .152 .213 .365
After 2-0 21 0 9 4 0 2 9 13 1 4 0 0 .429 .639 .905 1.544
After 2-1 34 0 11 4 0 4 8 3 1 10 0 0 .324 .395 .794 1.189
After 2-2 37 0 3 1 0 2 3 5 0 20 0 0 .081 .190 .270 .460
After 3-0 5 0 2 0 0 1 6 13 0 1 0 0 .400 .789 1.000 1.789
After 3-1 13 0 2 0 0 1 4 7 0 4 0 0 .154 .429 .385 .814

MY EYES!!!

Dunit24
09-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Wait..is gilesfan saying Gattis isnt any good?

18HR, 50 RBI in a somewhat part time role...More than a few big pinch hit HRs in clutch situations, and is only a rookie. Throw whatever #s you want, but Evan Gattis is a very good baseball player who will only get better.

PawPawMaxwell
09-09-2013, 10:28 AM

18HR, 50 RBI in a somewhat part time role...More than a few big pinch hit HRs in clutch situations, and is only a rookie. Throw whatever #s you want, but Evan Gattis is a very good baseball player who will only get better.
Somebody in the front office must think so. Bowman and O Brien are both on board now with what lots of us have been saying for months. McCann is unlikely to be a brave next year. So barring the signing of another catcher (doubtful) does this make it easier to dump Uggla. And how could the possible signing of Guerrero impact. Just thoughts.

Enscheff
09-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Best sign I saw from Gattis was waiting back on the curve when he hit the 2nd homer. Now he just needs to learn to hit (or at least not fall down while swinging at) breaking balls from RHers. Everyone knows he can hit the fastball, which is why he hasn't seen many below the tomahawk the past couple months.

I do find it a bit odd that Gattis and his .300 OBP gets a pass though. Everyone realizes he gets out more often than Uggla, right?

This is a great time for him to get a lot of ABs and work on pitch recognition, which is his biggest problem right now. Maybe he can get better at it, but I don't remember any guys off hand that have looked so bad vs breaking stuff that suddenly figured it out at the MLB level at age 26/27.

nsacpi
09-09-2013, 10:53 AM
I do find it a bit odd that Gattis and his .300 OBP gets a pass though. Everyone realizes he gets out more often than Uggla, right?

That's cuz OBP ain't the whole story. Gattis has an ISO of .253 to Uggla's .189.

thethe
09-09-2013, 10:56 AM
This is a great time for him to get a lot of ABs and work on pitch recognition, which is his biggest problem right now. Maybe he can get better at it, but I don't remember any guys off hand that have looked so bad vs breaking stuff that suddenly figured it out at the MLB level at age 26/27.

Its really not worth to try and compare Gattis to anyone else. His story is completely unique. The only reason he struggles against breaking ball pitches is because he hasn't seen much of them and not because he can't hit them. Maybe in the future he will prove that he can't but as of now he just needs more reps.

PawPawMaxwell
09-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Its really not worth to try and compare Gattis to anyone else. His story is completely unique. The only reason he struggles against breaking ball pitches is because he hasn't seen much of them and not because he can't hit them. Maybe in the future he will prove that he can't but as of now he just needs more reps.People forget that Gattis only had something like 200 games in the minors where you just dont see that many breaking pitches

Runnin
09-09-2013, 11:53 AM
People forget that Gattis only had something like 200 games in the minors where you just dont see that many breaking pitches
He was all over Hamels' first pitch slider, after he had tattooed 2 fastballs.

Dunit24
09-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Hes 27, but hes still a rookie. I remember Joe Simpson mentioning that some scouts were raving about how he was just a smart hitter. Hes not all pull. Hes willing to go to RF. He just needs to work on patience at the dish, and that will come with some time. Ive seen some Francoeur comparisons by a few of you, and just LOL at them.

Tapate50
09-09-2013, 12:14 PM

Well,
Hitting 3/10 as a catcher (with his power over a full career) will get you on a path to Canton, so yes I am very satisfied with one below that this weekend.

57Brave
09-09-2013, 12:47 PM
I think Gattis' issues are two fold.
First he has been playing solid since Spring Training 2012. I think at the time of his injury he was worn out. Second is his problems started 2nd time through the league - knowing that is a cliche but me thinks a very apt description

and thirdly - I think his time off (15 Day DL) coming back he lost some of the ability to recognize MLB pitches.

50PoundHead
09-09-2013, 05:01 PM

Great numbers, but you've hit the nail on the head with the part-time role piece. I like Gattis, but I don't see him as a full-time 450-550 PA guy. I think he is best suited and will be most productive when his spots are chosen for him. Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, but if he would end up being the reason we would let McCann walk at the end of the year, I think it would be a grave mistake.

nsacpi
09-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Great numbers, but you've hit the nail on the head with the part-time role piece. I like Gattis, but I don't see him as a full-time 450-550 PA guy. I think he is best suited and will be most productive when his spots are chosen for him. Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, but if he would end up being the reason we would let McCann walk at the end of the year, I think it would be a grave mistake.

I agree. I think Gattis could be a great super-sub. Fill in at catcher and for the corner outfielders and first base. He could easily get about 400 ABs in that kind of role.

Dalyn
09-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Gattis tearing it up at MLB!

The Chosen One
09-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Gattis tearing it up at MLB!

Is his power rating on any MLB video games at 95-99?

The Chosen One
09-09-2013, 09:10 PM
In other news, Dalyn has made a huge surge to catch up with my Thanks to Thanked Post ratio.

He's 20 behind in thanks and 20 behind in thanked posts.

Dalyn
09-09-2013, 10:08 PM
In other news, Dalyn has made a huge surge to catch up with my Thanks to Thanked Post ratio.

He's 20 behind in thanks and 20 behind in thanked posts.

Most of those probably consist of us thanking each other.

:pound:

The Chosen One
09-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Most of those probably consist of us thanking each other.

:pound:

This is why board traffic is going down...

:facepalm:

Although the good news is, we've made it to 3-4 on google results when you search chop country... moving up in Braves Message Board.

Dalyn
09-09-2013, 10:24 PM
This is why board traffic is going down...

:facepalm:

Although the good news is, we've made it to 3-4 on google results when you search chop country... moving up in Braves Message Board.

:mad0182:

The Chosen One
09-09-2013, 10:28 PM
:mad0182:
:mad:

Dalyn
09-09-2013, 10:52 PM
:mad:

:fredi:

thethe
09-10-2013, 07:00 PM
:fredi:

Your response to gilesfan assessment of Gattis?

Runnin
09-12-2013, 05:03 AM
Gattis is showing he's ready for the playoffs. Now if he can just get a little help.

thethe
09-12-2013, 05:32 AM
Failures don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

rico43
09-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Leave it to Deadspin to properly add to Gattis legend. Sorry if I can replicate the video. I'm adding link instead.

Evan Gattis Can Add "Hit Fan In The Dick With A Home Run" To Legend

So what if Jose Fernandez showboated a little? Maybe he was sticking up for the home crowd, one of whom got smacked in the dick with an Evan Gattis home run.

The legend grows.

http://deadspin.com/evan-gattis-can-add-hit-fan-in-the-dick-with-a-home-ru-1297854993

ESP47
09-12-2013, 09:28 AM
It would be an honor to take an Evan Gattis HR off the dick.

clvclv
09-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Did The Mouthpiece go on vacation or something???

thethe
09-12-2013, 12:46 PM

Just like the beginning of the year he is hiding. When Gattis slumps next he will post.

Braves1976
09-12-2013, 01:08 PM

He's probably watching the Nats game.

gilesfan
09-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Just like the beginning of the year he is hiding. When Gattis slumps next he will post.

I don't spend as much time on message boards as I use to. I have a busy life (something it doesn't appear you have). Gattis has been hot for a couple weeks, hopefully he can sustain it and not hit like June through August.

clvclv
09-12-2013, 01:59 PM
I don't spend as much time on message boards as I use to. I have a busy life (something it doesn't appear you have). Gattis has been hot for a couple weeks, hopefully he can sustain it and not hit like June through August.

That's definitely obvious when comparing post counts. Sorry - my mistake...didn't mean to pull you away.

thethe
09-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Oh burn!!! Luckily for me in was granted a sabbatical this summer while I passed the CPA exams.

Tapate50
09-12-2013, 02:24 PM
This thread has a lot of this : :facepalm: with a little of this ::pound: sprinkled over alot of this: :eusa_dance:

Julio3000
09-12-2013, 03:03 PM
What, that's the first time Gattis hit a home run off a dick?

Sincerely,

Stephen Strasburg

Tapate50
09-12-2013, 03:50 PM
What, that's the first time Gattis hit a home run off a dick?

Sincerely,

Stephen StrasburgHEYOOOOOOOOO