PDA

View Full Version : Snitker hired...

tfbrave77
10-11-2016, 08:10 AM
From 680 the fan announcement from John hart.

Chuck Hernandez pitching coach, Ron Washington 3rd base coach, Bo Porter to front office

bravesfanforlife88
10-11-2016, 08:12 AM
That's awesome!

JohnAdcox
10-11-2016, 08:13 AM
I really thought this would happen after the current playoff rounds, but wow. I am delighted.

bravesfanforlife88
10-11-2016, 08:14 AM
I love the Washington hire for 3b Coach

JohnAdcox
10-11-2016, 08:17 AM
I am a little surprised by Chuck Hernandez. I kinda like it. Anyone who knows more about what he did in the minors have thoughts? And didn't someone speculate about this when he was hired?

dak
10-11-2016, 08:17 AM
One year contract with option for 2018. Given that those are the terms, I'm good with the hire. I had a slight preference for the Bud Black approach, all things being equal. But I'll take a short-term contract with Snit / internal coaches over a long-term contract with Black / external coaches. Gives the FO a mulligan if needed.

nsacpi
10-11-2016, 08:21 AM
Congrats to Snit. I think he earned it.

goldfly
10-11-2016, 08:23 AM
i love bobby but wish his influence wasn't anywhere near the front office

Bravehog
10-11-2016, 08:27 AM
I wonder if they thought about trying to hire all 3. Bud Black-Manager Snitker-Bench Washington-3B would be awesome

yeezus
10-11-2016, 08:36 AM
1-year deal, huh? Interesting. You'd think it'd be at least two so Snit doesn't feel like a lame-duck all year.

smootness
10-11-2016, 08:37 AM

This didn't have anything to do with Bobby Cox.

NinersSBChamps
10-11-2016, 08:48 AM
1-year deal, huh? Interesting. You'd think it'd be at least two so Snit doesn't feel like a lame-duck all year.

Big time slap in the face if you ask me. Clear sign that the front office doesn't want to commit to Snitker for more than a season. He's the interim manager again only this time the title is removed.

clvclv
10-11-2016, 08:49 AM
This didn't have anything to do with Bobby Cox.

Agreed. Snitker did absolutely everything anyone could have done to earn a shot. That said, the one year with an option deal is really confusing IMO. If you're going to give him the job, then give him the job. This feels more like a second year as an interim guy to me - especially when you bring Washington in to look over his shoulder.

Just seems to be more of a - "we have no choice other than to give you a longer look since we're afraid the players and some of the fans might revolt, and we don't want to rock the boat going into the new park. Come 2018 though, Washington's our guy".

smootness
10-11-2016, 08:53 AM
Agreed. Snitker did absolutely everything anyone could have done to earn a shot. That said, the one year with an option deal is really confusing IMO. If you're going to give him the job, then give him the job. This feels more like a second year as an interim guy to me - especially when you bring Washington in to look over his shoulder.

Just seems to be more of a - "we have no choice other than to give you a longer look since we're afraid the players and some of the fans might revolt, and we don't want to rock the boat going into the new park. Come 2018 though, Washington's our guy".

Eh, or it's, 'You did a great job, and now we want to see you for a full year without the interim tag. He's your shot, continue what you did last year and you're our guy.'

bravesfanMatt
10-11-2016, 09:06 AM
Braves: 'hey Ron, we really want you down that 3rd base line'

Ron heard: '3rd Line'

I WILL TAKE IT!!!

**alright 50 and Julio... game on!! top that.

clvclv
10-11-2016, 09:07 AM
Eh, or it's, 'You did a great job, and now we want to see you for a full year without the interim tag. He's your shot, continue what you did last year and you're our guy.'

Probably exactly what I'd have thought initially - had Washington not been part of the equation. Certainly hope you're right - just think I'd be a little "miffed" (for lack of a better term) personally if I were in Snit's shoes.

NinersSBChamps
10-11-2016, 09:09 AM

Regardless he is on test run for this upcoming season. This is just the front offices unwillingness to make any sort of commitment to their managerial vacancy.

NinersSBChamps
10-11-2016, 09:13 AM

I WILL TAKE IT!!!

Ron thinking out loud:

"These guys are crazy if they expect me to just stand over this white line."

Coach_Chris
10-11-2016, 10:04 AM
I wonder if they offered him the first line and he felt insulted and walked out.

UNCBlue012
10-11-2016, 10:11 AM
Dude. I love this!! Great move.

bravesfanforlife88
10-11-2016, 10:14 AM
Dude. I love this!! Great move.

Pretty much feel the same way. I'm wondering if during the discussion of who should be made manager, they determined that we are still in the rebuild and it would be better to have 2 guys in Snitker and Hernandez who have personally worked with these prospects coming up. That way when they get up next year, there are familiar faces to lower the pressure and promote optimal performance.....

Nerfherders
10-11-2016, 10:29 AM
I like this move. Snitker is the man!

gilesfan
10-11-2016, 10:33 AM
Ron Washington as third base coach? I hope he doesn't blow all of our scoring chances.

zbhargrove
10-11-2016, 10:38 AM
Getting Washington for a third base coach is a pretty big deal.

bravesfanMatt
10-11-2016, 10:47 AM

Gave a yuge bump to our coaching staff for sure..

Julio3000
10-11-2016, 10:51 AM

Yeah, I think so too. I think I said this in the other thread, but my preference would be to get someone else to manage but to get him on staff, though I didn't think he'd go for that. That he did is terrific. He'll be great for Albies and Swanson, among others.

gilesfan
10-11-2016, 10:51 AM
Maybe he's the missing piece to crack the playoffs.

bravesfanforlife88
10-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Imagine the party after clinching a playoff spot :Gasp:

gilesfan
10-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Imagine the party after clinching a playoff spot :Gasp:

Hopefully Marcus Giles and small children are invited.

Chico
10-11-2016, 10:55 AM
"Ron, I thought you put up the stop sign"...."No, I was saying I got 10 on it"

bravesfanforlife88
10-11-2016, 10:55 AM
In other news, this is the Braves new official hype song

https://youtu.be/pJyQpAiMXkg

Julio3000
10-11-2016, 11:01 AM
Third base coach is nothing to sniff at.

CrimsonCowboy
10-11-2016, 11:03 AM
Happy with these moves. It's been noted Hernandez had coached Justin Verlander and Jose Fernandez.

gilesfan
10-11-2016, 11:07 AM
Third base coach is nothing to sniff at.

Hey Wash, we want you to manage that 3B Line.

Julio3000
10-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Hey Wash, we want you to manage that 3B Line.

In addition to mentoring infielders, he's going to take a real interest into whoever our eighth hitters are.

CrimsonCowboy
10-11-2016, 11:21 AM

CyYoung31
10-11-2016, 11:28 AM
Washington should really be able to coach our infielders on how to handle those duck snorts.

chop2chip
10-11-2016, 11:55 AM

There's really no way they couldn't hire Snitker.

Honestly, it feels like the front office really really really really preferred hiring Black, but they had their hand forced.

NinersSBChamps
10-11-2016, 11:59 AM
Washington loves playing pool too. I am sure he could teach the young kids his favorite game....8-ball.

Horsehide Harry
10-11-2016, 12:14 PM
I think this is a pretty clear signal to the true behind the scenes thinking of the FO for the "competing in 2017" crowd. I think if the FO really believed that and intended to make that happen at the expense of a few high end prospects it either wouldn't be Snitker or he would have a long term deal.

This looks like a classic set up for an expected change in a year or two depending on when a sacrifice needs to be made.

bravesfanMatt
10-11-2016, 12:39 PM
I know it was going to happen, but I would like to say... I got the bad puns rolling

Knucksie
10-11-2016, 12:42 PM
I think this is a pretty clear signal to the true behind the scenes thinking of the FO for the "competing in 2017" crowd. I think if the FO really believed that and intended to make that happen at the expense of a few high end prospects it either wouldn't be Snitker or he would have a long term deal.

This looks like a classic set up for an expected change in a year or two depending on when a sacrifice needs to be made.

Which is why he only got 1 year with the option. Obviously, players wanted this and people in this forum are happy. It comes down to winning though. He's shown he can bring to from laughingstock to .500, but does not have a track record with managing a contending team. If he can't demonstrate ability to take them to next level
in 2017, Ron Washington is right there on staff to assume the duties. Simple shuffle of the deck.

Horsehide Harry
10-11-2016, 12:46 PM
Which is why he only got 1 year with the option. Obviously, players wanted this and people in this forum are happy. It comes down to winning though. He's shown he can bring to from laughingstock to .500, but does not have a track record with managing a contending team. If he can't demonstrate ability to take them to next level
in 2017, Ron Washington is right there on staff to assume the duties. Simple shuffle of the deck.

Agree.

I think it shows that 2017 is about player development first, competing second, if at all.

striker42
10-11-2016, 12:56 PM
I'm glad to see the front office made the right baseball move and didn't try to bring in one of their own guys. When you have players coming up to you saying Snitker is the best manager they've ever had, that has to tell you something.

bravesfanforlife88
10-11-2016, 12:59 PM
Found this article about the Braves hiring Washington. The comments from A's fans makes me excited to have him with us.

http://www.athleticsnation.com/2016/10/11/13241342/ron-washington-leaves-oakland-athletics-atlanta-braves-3b-coach

gilesfan
10-11-2016, 01:03 PM
Agree.

I think it shows that 2017 is about player development first, competing second, if at all.

It certainly appears to be a lame duck situation. On a positive note, if he does really well, they will not have a choice but to keep him.

drewdat
10-11-2016, 01:17 PM
Washington should be just what we need to get this rebuild over the bump. Hump. I said hump.

Enscheff
10-11-2016, 01:20 PM

I have to think this is spot on. When the Nats offered Black a 1 year deal it was considered insulting. They then gave Baker 2 years.

What other new managers have been given 1 year deals?

smootness
10-11-2016, 01:59 PM
Why would anyone see this as a lame duck situation? He already has the support of a ton of players and fans, and he has this year as a successful one on his resume. If the winning progresses next year as it should, how would we let him go at that point?

The one-year deal doesn't seem that bizarre for a guy who has never been a full-time, permanent manager in the majors. It seems to me like the FO is clearly recognizing the positive impact he had while giving him sort of an extended audition where he gets the chance to enter the season in the role. I don't see him as a lame duck at all, why would we do that?

bravesfanMatt
10-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Why would anyone see this as a lame duck situation? He already has the support of a ton of players and fans, and he has this year as a successful one on his resume. If the winning progresses next year as it should, how would we let him go at that point?

The one-year deal doesn't seem that bizarre for a guy who has never been a full-time, permanent manager in the majors. It seems to me like the FO is clearly recognizing the positive impact he had while giving him sort of an extended audition where he gets the chance to enter the season in the role. I don't see him as a lame duck at all, why would we do that?

also gives them an out if they want to move in a different direction and not have to fire him. he is an org man and it would be horrible to have to fire him if this years go to ****.

gilesfan
10-11-2016, 02:11 PM

But, the players and fans aren't who determines to keep him or not. How often does a new manger get a 1 year deal?

gilesfan
10-11-2016, 02:12 PM
also gives them an out if they want to move in a different direction and not have to fire him. he is an org man and it would be horrible to have to fire him if this years go to ****.

What it comes down to is saving money. They aren't 100% convinced he is the man so they want to save money with a 1 year deal. There is no difference between firing and not renewing the option.

yeezus
10-11-2016, 02:15 PM

that's kind of exactly why it's a lame duck situation, though: it gives them an out if things don't go how they want.

look, obviously Snit is OK with it and he's extremely committed to the Braves, which is great to see. the players also very obviously love the guy, which is probably the most important thing for a manager. But a one year deal is just kinda odd to me. He already auditioned and it went better than probably anyone would have thought, but it feels like they're making him audition again.

KB21
10-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Bobby Cox had a series of 1 year deals with the Braves.

This was one of their contingent points with Roger McDowell not too long ago. He wanted a long term deal, and the Braves only give their assistants 1 year deals with options.

50PoundHead
10-11-2016, 02:18 PM

I WILL TAKE IT!!!

I guess Washington's presence will bring a whole new meaning to the baseball term "powder river."

gilesfan
10-11-2016, 02:20 PM
Bobby Cox had a series of 1 year deals with the Braves.

This was one of their contingent points with Roger McDowell not too long ago. He wanted a long term deal, and the Braves only give their assistants 1 year deals with options.

Having a veteran manager that has been with the club for a number of years on a 1 year deal is different than a rookie manager just agreeing to take the job.

Managers typically don't like it because if the team struggles players will just say, " **** it, we will have a new manager next year anyways." With Bobby, that clearly wasnt the case.

smootness
10-11-2016, 02:23 PM
But, the players and fans aren't who determines to keep him or not. How often does a new manger get a 1 year deal?

No, but my point is that if you're arguing this is a lame duck situation (which to me means you're essentially planning to let him go after one year), then I would assume you're arguing he only got the permanent gig because players and fans clearly wanted it. Well, if that's the case, it's not as though it's likely that they'll want him less after we improve this year. It would just be a dumb time to have somebody manage as a lame duck. Fredi last year, sure. But once you're planning to start winning more? That's not going to work out very well.

There obviously aren't a lot of times a manager gets a 1-year deal. But there also aren't a lot of times a guy without any major league HC/PC experience is brought in as a true 'lame duck' interim and then proceeds to do so well the organization decides to make him permanent.

yeezus
10-11-2016, 02:28 PM
No, but my point is that if you're arguing this is a lame duck situation (which to me means you're essentially planning to let him go after one year), then I would assume you're arguing he only got the permanent gig because players and fans clearly wanted it. Well, if that's the case, it's not as though it's likely that they'll want him less after we improve this year. It would just be a dumb time to have somebody manage as a lame duck. Fredi last year, sure. But once you're planning to start winning more? That's not going to work out very well.

There obviously aren't a lot of times a manager gets a 1-year deal. But there also aren't a lot of times a guy without any major league HC/PC experience is brought in as a true 'lame duck' interim and then proceeds to do so well the organization decides to make him permanent.

I'm not saying the org. definitely feels they'll move in another direction after this year. I'm just saying that giving him only a 1-year deal creates that discussion/possibility. Guys in the last years of their deals or on 1-year deals are frequently referred to as lame ducks; sometimes coaches get 1-year extensions if they're on the last year of their deal (even when organizations aren't sure of the coach long-term).

gilesfan
10-11-2016, 02:41 PM

Yeezus explains pretty well, but the illusion that you only have the confidence to sign the manager for 1 year may come into play. It is just odd to me. Seems like ownership just cheaping out. What other explanation could there be?

57Brave
10-11-2016, 02:46 PM
Snitker has back issues - is a company man and perhaps he asked for a one year contract

Tapate50
10-11-2016, 02:48 PM
When Ron didn't get the head gig, he just asked for an office with a private bathroom and signed on the spot.

gilesfan
10-11-2016, 02:50 PM
When Ron didn't get the head gig, he just asked for an office with a private bathroom and signed on the spot.

I beat the stuff in Atlanta is much better than Oakland.

smootness
10-11-2016, 03:06 PM
I'm not saying the org. definitely feels they'll move in another direction after this year. I'm just saying that giving him only a 1-year deal creates that discussion/possibility. Guys in the last years of their deals or on 1-year deals are frequently referred to as lame ducks; sometimes coaches get 1-year extensions if they're on the last year of their deal (even when organizations aren't sure of the coach long-term).

Ok, I think we were just operating on different definitions of 'lame duck.'

I've always understood that to mean people who are definitely on the way out after a certain period of time, not necessarily people that could be gone.

smootness
10-11-2016, 03:07 PM
Yeezus explains pretty well, but the illusion that you only have the confidence to sign the manager for 1 year may come into play. It is just odd to me. Seems like ownership just cheaping out. What other explanation could there be?

That they legitimately want to give Snitker a shot at the permanent gig but have never seen him in that position before so are still unsure of what they're going to get? I can't imagine Snitker had an issue with it.

gilesfan
10-11-2016, 03:09 PM
That they legitimately want to give Snitker a shot at the permanent gig but have never seen him in that position before so are still unsure of what they're going to get? I can't imagine Snitker had an issue with it.

He may not. But, he really has no leverage and has to accept the contract. It's not like other teams would be beating down the door for him.

clvclv
10-11-2016, 03:11 PM

"Lame duck" is a bit harsh, but I understand what they're saying - and agree.

Having taken the stance that we're not trading significant prospects this winter, it seems the brass is hopeful that the second half wasn't a mirage and that the addition of a MOR starter or two combined with a bit of a step forward from Folty and the other young arms will at least make us somewhat relevant in 2017. I think that's the formula many posters have hoped to follow as well. If Kemp is back to being an .800/.850 OPS bat that can be counted on behind Freeman and you get full productive seasons from Ender and Dansby plus another shot in the arm when Albies is added to the mix, it really isn't that far-fetched to imagine this team in the hunt for a wildcard with consistent starting pitching.

I do think hiring Washington and only giving Snitker a one-year deal is their way of "hedging their bets". If the good times continue to roll next season, then you actually commit to him. If they don't, you reassign him after the season and promote Washington without drawing the ire of the players and many fans. Remember, Washington has been really successful with young rosters in the past - he was calling the shots in Arlington following the Teixeira deal, so he had Salty, Andrus, Harrison, Feliz, Hank Blalock, Derek Holland, Darren O'Day, Mitch Moreland, and Tommy Hunter when they were all breaking-in to the bigs.

Dalyn
10-11-2016, 03:18 PM

I WILL TAKE IT!!!

I came in late to make a comment about not letting Washington so close to any line. My life demands too much out of me now. I guess I'm going to have to quit everything and live on the streets and visit the library to make time for my team.

Dalyn
10-11-2016, 03:18 PM
Not my ideal choice, but it was the right choice. Glad to see him get it. He certainly "earned" it.

50PoundHead
10-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Washington really wanted to work for the Twins. It sometimes snows during the early season.

KB21
10-11-2016, 03:26 PM
I beat the stuff in Atlanta is much better than Oakland.

I don't know. Billy Beane must have some good stuff when you look at the way he runs that team.

Enscheff
10-11-2016, 03:28 PM
The cynic in me sees all kinds of sketchy reasons for hiring Snit.

I can't remember the last time a new manager got a 1 year deal with a new club, so they couldn't possibly be more non-committal to Snit without just leaving the interim tag on him (comparing the Cox and Snit situations is comical). When the Braves predictably go 75-87 next year, the FO can fire Snit and delay their accountability for losing by another year. They wanted Martinez as the pitching coach, and hiring an organizational yes-man allowed them to install the pitching coach they wanted.

50PoundHead
10-11-2016, 03:35 PM
Is Chuck Hernandez any relation to Northeast Women's Archery Champion Barbara Hernandez?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/68224

Horsehide Harry
10-11-2016, 03:47 PM

I can't remember the last time a new manager got a 1 year deal with a new club, so they couldn't possibly be more non-committal to Snit without just leaving the interim tag on him (comparing the Cox and Snit situations is comical). When the Braves predictably go 75-87 next year, the FO can fire Snit and delay their accountability for losing by another year. They wanted Martinez as the pitching coach, and hiring an organizational yes-man allowed them to install the pitching coach they wanted.

Looks right to me

bravesnumberone
10-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Like the hires. Also a little curious on the shorter deal for Snit but it's probably for the best. Heard Washington agreed to come because coke is headquartered in Atlanta.

Five
10-11-2016, 04:05 PM

Completely agree with this.

Like the hire though, hope Snit's here a long time.

bravesfanMatt
10-11-2016, 04:14 PM
Like the hires. Also a little curious on the shorter deal for Snit but it's probably for the best. Heard Washington agreed to come because coke is headquartered in Atlanta.

how did this not get done before.. it was right under our noses..

Horsehide Harry
10-11-2016, 04:18 PM
how did this not get done before.. it was right under our noses..

Guess it has to be spoon fed

Horsehide Harry
10-11-2016, 04:20 PM
What are the odds Washington shows up at ST in a DeLorean

Horsehide Harry
10-11-2016, 04:20 PM
I hope the team never begins to crack

bravesfanforlife88
10-11-2016, 04:31 PM
http://www.nextlevelballplayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Otis-Nixon.jpg

Braves created a new position. Otis Nixon has been named special assistant to the 3b coach. Also, they want them to work with the guys to teach them how to steal

Deester11
10-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Found this article about the Braves hiring Washington. The comments from A's fans makes me excited to have him with us.

http://www.athleticsnation.com/2016/10/11/13241342/ron-washington-leaves-oakland-athletics-atlanta-braves-3b-coach
Talked to some Ranger fans as well. They loved Ron. Glad we have him. I liked the Snit retention even more.

smootness
10-11-2016, 06:24 PM

Yeah, that's pretty dang cynical.

jimsnores
10-11-2016, 07:21 PM

That's the way to look at it.

The Chosen One
10-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Washington is insurance.

If Snit doesn't pan out we have him there.

KB21
10-11-2016, 08:20 PM
IMO, Brian Snitker will not disappoint. There aren't many baseball managers that can come into a situation like Brian inherited and completely change the culture of the team. The way he handles the players and just let's the play, it is very reminiscent of Bobby Cox. Fredi didn't have that gift. When players are willing to run through a wall for you, there are no limits. I'm a Dolphins fan as well, and back in 2012 when Miami was looking for a coach to replace Tony Sparano, the guy I wanted was Mike Zimmer. Everything I read about that guy suggested that he made the kind of connection with his players that would make them run through a wall for him. Look at his Minnesota team now. They are down their starting QB, All world RB, LT, RT retired in training camp, lost their top receiver before their last game, and they still dominate.

Managuarantano's Volunteers
10-11-2016, 09:32 PM
I'm ok with this.

The Chosen One
10-11-2016, 09:34 PM
Gonna be amazing when Snitker leads us to a division crown and a spot in the NLCS.

CyYoung31
10-11-2016, 10:00 PM
That awkward moment when Washington slips up and refers to Snitker as "Sniff" instead of "Snit".

Runnin
10-11-2016, 10:37 PM

Yeah, he's done nothing for this organization.

Mrs. Meta
10-11-2016, 10:50 PM
Gonna be amazing when Snitker leads us to a division crown and a spot in the NLCS.

Winning a playoff series would be so...memorable.

Perfect Cell
10-11-2016, 11:02 PM
im fine with this, would have liked to have seen someone new. to end the good old boys braves way but whatever.

goldfly
10-12-2016, 01:32 AM
Yeah, he's done nothing for this organization.

where did i say he hasn't done something for this organization?

what does any of what you said have anything have to do with what i said and what the organization should do going forward?

UNCBlue012
10-12-2016, 04:27 AM
Winning a playoff series would be so...memorable.

Winning a playoff series would be really nice. lol

Runnin
10-12-2016, 07:32 AM
where did i say he hasn't done something for this organization?

what does any of what you said have anything have to do with what i said and what the organization should do going forward?
You said "I wish Bobby's influence wasn't anywhere near the front office" and that's silly since the front office and indeed the whole organization was built with his influence. Coppy and the 2 Harts have Bobby's baseball DNA in their brains and that's a good thing. It also implies Bobby is an unwanted medler and I judge that he has far too much integrity and character to be that person. You can be sure that he knows his place.

smootness
10-12-2016, 09:06 AM
Hiring Snitker over Black was not a Schuerholz/Hart/'good old boy' move.

50PoundHead
10-12-2016, 09:29 AM
im fine with this, would have liked to have seen someone new. to end the good old boys braves way but whatever.

Kind of my feeling as well. I like what we've done at the scouting/player development side of things and thought some fresh blood on the on-field side of things would have been nice.

WaitingFor2017
10-12-2016, 11:56 AM
Garcia better not be hitting 2nd, and I'd love to see Ruiz get a chance to platoon if he's earned it in Spring Training. Having Garcia hit 2nd towards the end of the year and barely playing Ruiz the last three weeks was ridiculous.

clvclv
10-12-2016, 12:29 PM
Garcia better not be hitting 2nd, and I'd love to see Ruiz get a chance to platoon if he's earned it in Spring Training. Having Garcia hit 2nd towards the end of the year and barely playing Ruiz the last three weeks was ridiculous.

Despite the 10-2 record the team posted with Garcia at 3B after he was added to the roster.

gilesfan
10-12-2016, 12:30 PM
Well, why don't we discuss multi-hit games while we are at it.

rico43
10-12-2016, 05:54 PM

I can't summon a list at the moment, but a number of managers went from year to year over the history of the game. Not that uncommon once upon a time.

50PoundHead
10-12-2016, 05:57 PM
I can't summon a list at the moment, but a number of managers went from year to year over the history of the game. Not that uncommon once upon a time.

Like everything else in professional sports, multi-year contracts for managers/coaches are pretty much a function of agents.

rico43
10-12-2016, 06:01 PM
We respectfully ask that everyone get the Washington/cocaine puns out of their system, then leave them be.

We don't want him to get his nose out of joint.

(RIMSHOT! Thanks for coming! We're here all week!)

NinersSBChamps
10-12-2016, 10:13 PM

I think it's more telling because he's a brand new manager. If he were a tenured MLB manager this would be different.