PDA

View Full Version : Braves called up Kameron Loe again...

Braves1976
09-02-2013, 10:01 AM
I don't agree with this at all, it was bad enough the first time. Loe is done, he's been awful all season long but here he comes again. Further, Freddy Garcia is just another Livan all over again. He may start off okay (pitch well enough in games already over), but when it counts don't expect much.

It seems as long as you're a "veteran" it doesn't matter if you stink.

jpack1
09-02-2013, 10:11 AM
That is the one thing I dislike about baseball, as long as you are a veteran you can suck but still get called up. Stupid. Give a kid a chance.

skillet
09-02-2013, 10:12 AM
I agree completely, Garcia and Loe have no business on this team, at all.

nsacpi
09-02-2013, 10:13 AM
I don't know if it is worse here than other teams, but the "cult of the veteran" is one of the more annoying features of our front office. Proctor, Livan, Durbin, Freddy Garcia, Loe. It goes on, and is especially annoying when there are better "non-veteran" options available.

Runnin
09-02-2013, 10:14 AM
It seems as long as you're a "veteran" it doesn't matter if you stink.
That's pretty close to correct. They're needed to eat innings. They don't have to be that good.

Braves1976
09-02-2013, 10:21 AM
I don't know if it is worse here than other teams, but the "cult of the veteran" is one of the more annoying features of our front office. Proctor, Livan, Durbin, Freddy Garcia, Loe. It goes on, and is especially annoying when there are better "non-veteran" options available.

Exactly. Plus the Braves could use another bullpen arm that is strong vs righties. We have a few in AAA but none of them have been called up.

NYCBrave
09-02-2013, 10:23 AM
I don't see the issue with either since neither will be used in high leverage situations. It's good to have them to eat up innings when mop up men are needed.

Braves1976
09-02-2013, 10:36 AM
I don't see the issue with either since neither will be used in high leverage situations. It's good to have them to eat up innings when mop up men are needed.

I heard that when Loe was called up the first time, then he cost us a game later that week. If we're serious about first overall and home field we need good long relievers too. Keep in mind, the Braves don't play many games like yesterday. They are rarely out of a game.

thethe
09-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Loe did well in AAA. If we have the top seed locked up I would give him a start.

Temo
09-02-2013, 11:16 AM

Yea, but none of those guys were given roles of ANY importance at all. Loe and Garcia are just here as good veteran guys to have around, eat innings and save arms in september, and maybe help mentor a couple of the kids.

I'd rather have them do these roles than some 22 year old who could probably use the rest now that the minor league season is over.

50PoundHead
09-02-2013, 11:27 AM
Loe did well in AAA. If we have the top seed locked up I would give him a start.

Agree. Don't know what the barking is about. Obispo and Buchter are the only non-40 man roster guys who likely deserve a look (some could argue Poveda). I think Hale will probably join the big league squad as well at some point, but he's scheduled to start today.

I see Temo and I are on the same page as well. Garcia and Loe are only here to eat innings.

JohnAdcox
09-02-2013, 11:40 AM

Ditto. And Freddy Garcia was used brilliantly yesterday. The game was lost, or close enough, and the bullpen was sparred and ready. All good.

Teheran_49
09-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Exactly. Plus the Braves could use another bullpen arm that is strong vs righties. We have a few in AAA but none of them have been called up.

You must not know that Loe has a .301 BAA when he faces RHH this year. Pretty poor when you are a right handed pitcher.

Braves1976
09-02-2013, 12:21 PM
You must not know that Loe has a .301 BAA when he faces RHH this year. Pretty poor when you are a right handed pitcher.

It seems you either misread or misunderstood my response. But we agree that Loe has been poor, even in the minors contrary to the claims here otherwise. They obviously haven't watched Loe or AAA games much like some of us do (myself included). Plus some will always argue for whatever move the Braves make.

Teheran_49
09-02-2013, 01:23 PM
It seems you either misread or misunderstood my response. But we agree that Loe has been poor, even in the minors contrary to the claims here otherwise. They obviously haven't watched Loe or AAA games much like some of us do (myself included). Plus some will always argue for whatever move the Braves make.

I must have misread b/c I thought you were saying Loe was good against righties. My bad.

Braves1976
09-02-2013, 01:37 PM
I must have misread b/c I thought you were saying Loe was good against righties. My bad.

It's cool, I actually appreciate the point you made that supported my case. I started to note the same myself. But personally I'd also argue that Loe has pitched worse than the overall numbers show. Sometimes stats don't tell the whole story if you know what I mean.

Dalyn
09-02-2013, 02:51 PM
I am fine with inning-eaters, especially with our division lead. You don't want to have a young pitcher take a beating for the team, but I would have no issue leaving Garcia or Loe out there in a blowout.

clvclv
09-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Gotta have somebody to pitch on days like today to FINALLY give the regular pen guys some rest.

Of course the problem is Fredi runs Avila, Downs, and Carpenter out there.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

Braves1976
09-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Gotta have somebody to pitch on days like today to FINALLY give the regular pen guys some rest.

Of course the problem is Fredi runs Avila, Downs, and Carpenter out there.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

Fredi saving Loe for when it matters apparently (a la his last game in NYC before being DFA'd).

Bdawg2309
09-02-2013, 04:11 PM
LOE IS STARTING WEDNESDAY... :Gasp:

stpeteirish
09-02-2013, 04:16 PM
LOE IS STARTING WEDNESDAY... :Gasp:

huh? Just giving Julio an extra day?

Dalyn
09-02-2013, 04:21 PM
huh? Just giving Julio an extra day?

Extra week.

50PoundHead
09-02-2013, 04:54 PM

Some guys have reverse splits like Loe has had this season. LHH hitting less than .200 against him in Gwinnett.

I don't agree with every move the Braves' brass makes, but this one is so inconsequential, why disagree? I know some want Poveda up here, but the guys who do the watching from close up everyday disagree. An argument could have been made for Hale, but he was scheduled to go today.

Temo
09-02-2013, 05:27 PM
I want to just show you all a picture of the Buddha and tell you "THIS **** DOES NOT MATTER"

CyYoung31
09-02-2013, 06:40 PM
The Braves must've felt that they just didn't have enough bald white dudes.

Heyward
09-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Im fine with them skipping Julio.

But surely we have someone better than Loe who could start right?

Temo
09-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Im fine with them skipping Julio.

But surely we have someone better than Loe who could start right?

Once you take into account injuries, service time considerations, and wanting to avoid over-extending young arms, I think we're down to Loe and Garcia. And Garcia pitched on Sunday I think, so he's not available.

gcbraves
09-03-2013, 09:58 AM
Once you take into account injuries, service time considerations, and wanting to avoid over-extending young arms, I think we're down to Loe and Garcia. And Garcia pitched on Sunday I think, so he's not available.

Agreed, Garcia and Loe are disposable arms. A young arm, not so much.

Julio3000
09-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Is this the break the Nationals need in order to jump back in the NL East race?

Temo
09-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Is this the break the Nationals need in order to jump back in the NL East race?

Julio writes copy for ESPN for his day job, confirmed.

Julio3000
09-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Julio writes copy for ESPN for his day job, confirmed.

Busted.

But my editor did change it to:

Is this the break the Nationals need to jump back in the NL East race and set up a showdown with Yasiel Puig and the Dodgers?

Temo
09-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Busted.

But my editor did change it to:

Is this the break the Nationals need to jump back in the NL East race and set up a showdown with Yasiel Puig and the Dodgers?

... with Tim Tebow in attendance?

zitothebrave
09-03-2013, 10:59 AM
... with Tim Tebow in attendance?

Tebow and LeBron drinking tea while Brett Favre and John Madden wrestle in speedos