PDA

View Full Version : Crooked Rudy

57Brave
11-15-2016, 01:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxUoDASXgAAaku1.jpg:large

57Brave
11-15-2016, 01:58 PM
For years, Giuliani has been one of the most prominent American officials to advocate on behalf of the Mujahideen-e Khalq (MEK), a Marxist Iranian opposition group that claims to be the legitimate government of Iran and resembles a cult. A Treasury Department investigation in 2012 examined whether speaking fees paid by several MEK front groups to a long list of U.S. politicians, including Giuliani, violated laws on Americans receiving money from designated terrorist organizations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/josh-rogin/wp/2016/11/15/giuliani-was-paid-advocate-for-shady-iranian-dissident-group/

Let's see how the Sunday talk shows and Morning Joe react.

Wondering here if there is a cry to release the transcripts of the speeches and waiting on Wikileaks revelations on the negotiations between Crooked Rudy and the (MEK)

Giuliani took money to advocate on behalf of an Iranian dissident group while it was listed by the State Department as a foreign terrorist organization, potentially breaking the law.

50PoundHead
11-15-2016, 02:50 PM
I really have a hard time believing Trump is considering Rudy for a cabinet-level position (for a lot of reasons). I'm no fan of John Bolton (who would get us into a new war every week), but he at least has some foreign policy chops and politically could bring the neocons into the Trump fold.

The Chosen One
11-15-2016, 02:58 PM
Giuliani is rumored to be pushing hard for the State cabinet position.

Hawk
11-15-2016, 03:13 PM
I really have a hard time believing Trump is considering Rudy for a cabinet-level position (for a lot of reasons). I'm no fan of John Bolton (who would get us into a new war every week), but he at least has some foreign policy chops and politically could bring the neocons into the Trump fold.

I agree with this - but I'm thinking, at this point, that Giuliani actually gets it. He's most definitely been blatantly posturing for it over the past week (especially the past day or so) and ... yeah, I just think this is Trump's reward to him. It would be a pick scrutinized to high heaven - and rightfully so. I like Giuliani but think he would be so much more useful in another role.

I would be shocked if Bolton were tabbed. My guess is that he's been floated (and is favored) by the Heritage elements on the transition team, but he's not a guy I would be happy with at all. He's the wrong kind of hawk.

50PoundHead
11-15-2016, 03:22 PM
I agree with this - but I'm thinking, at this point, that Giuliani actually gets it. He's most definitely been blatantly posturing for it over the past week (especially the past day or so) and ... yeah, I just think this is Trump's reward to him. It would be a pick scrutinized to high heaven - and rightfully so. I like Giuliani but think he would be so much more useful in another role.

I would be shocked if Bolton were tabbed. My guess is that he's been floated (and is favored) by the Heritage elements on the transition team, but he's not a guy I would be happy with at all. He's the wrong kind of hawk.

I just wonder that even if Rudy gets it he'd be the kind of appointment that would constantly be under attack for something or other. Of course, that doesn't seem to bother Trump a whole lot, so maybe it makes sense. I think Rudy would make a lot of sense at Homeland Security, but my guess is he's thinking bigger.

Given Trump's statements during the campaign, I don't think Bolton would be a fit either.

acesfull86
11-15-2016, 04:00 PM
Rand Paul just wrote an op-ed trashing Bolton and hoping Trump goes in another direction

50PoundHead
11-15-2016, 09:56 PM
Rand Paul just wrote an op-ed trashing Bolton and hoping Trump goes in another direction

I just think Trump wants to make Bill Kristol cry again.

Julio3000
11-15-2016, 10:20 PM

Silver linings.

The Chosen One
11-15-2016, 11:04 PM

Already campaigning for 2020?

Julio3000
11-15-2016, 11:36 PM
Already campaigning for 2020?

Lol, that was my first thought, too.

Good for him, though. Put the money where the mouth is.

Runnin
11-16-2016, 12:28 AM
Giuliani has some crooked, ugly teeth. Probably need a more presentable person for Sec of State. Ivanka?

jpx7
11-16-2016, 07:30 PM
For years, Giuliani has been one of the most prominent American officials to advocate on behalf of the Mujahideen-e Khalq (MEK), a Marxist Iranian opposition group that claims to be the legitimate government of Iran and resembles a cult. A Treasury Department investigation in 2012 examined whether speaking fees paid by several MEK front groups to a long list of U.S. politicians, including Giuliani, violated laws on Americans receiving money from designated terrorist organizations.

I'm actually sort of into that ...

jpx7
11-16-2016, 07:34 PM

Silver linings.

We must squeeze whatever wine we can out of these over-rotted grapes.

BedellBrave
11-16-2016, 10:46 PM
Don't really get the Rudy and Bolton and State chatter because it doesn't make sense (like Paul notes), but I think that's indicative of Trump. Don't expect the logical.

goldfly
11-17-2016, 04:33 AM
Of course I'm not expecting anything logical

The guy is in way over his head

He is the best example of someone lying on a resume and getting the job and trying to figure it all out on the fly while having no business being there

Tomahawking4life
11-20-2016, 09:06 PM
Of course I'm not expecting anything logical

The guy is in way over his head

He is the best example of someone lying on a resume and getting the job and trying to figure it all out on the fly while having no business being there

Seems like trolling to me, don't you think Sav? One week ban for goldfly?

goldfly
11-21-2016, 02:45 AM
Seems like trolling to me, don't you think Sav? One week ban for goldfly?

How cute