PDA

View Full Version : Final Vote Challenge

clvclv
07-06-2013, 06:22 PM
I challenge everyone on the board to #VoteFreddie at least 1,000 times.

NinersSBChamps
07-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Isn't enough. I bet Plug gets over 2 million.

weso1
07-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Welcome to the board clvclv. Freddie is screwed, because of the Puig hype but I'll vote for him anyway. Hopefully Freddie will get in due to an injury or something.

ChapelHillMatt
07-06-2013, 07:26 PM
He should go instead of Harper.

I'm not gonna waste my time....the game is a joke.

yeezus
07-06-2013, 07:29 PM
i did this thing in i think 2009 for the cowboys - someone on a forum gave us directions on how to do it. i let my computer run all day, doing like a "repeat" function. i would go on nfl.com and vote for all cowboys, delete cookies, and so on and so forth. there was a program or command that would repeat this over and over and over until i stopped it. prob how they had 13 pro bowlers that year.

NinersSBChamps
07-06-2013, 08:05 PM
i did this thing in i think 2009 for the cowboys - someone on a forum gave us directions on how to do it. i let my computer run all day, doing like a "repeat" function. i would go on nfl.com and vote for all cowboys, delete cookies, and so on and so forth. there was a program or command that would repeat this over and over and over until i stopped it. prob how they had 13 pro bowlers that year.

Find out how to do make it happen again.

NinersSBChamps
07-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Welcome to the board clvclv. Freddie is screwed, because of the Puig hype but I'll vote for him anyway. Hopefully Freddie will get in due to an injury or something.

How many SS are there? Obviously Tulo isn't playing.

Julio3000
07-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Hey, welcome.

Bdawg2309
07-06-2013, 09:51 PM
How many SS are there? Obviously Tulo isn't playing.
he plans on coming back next week

cajunrevenge
07-07-2013, 02:44 AM
Puig will win because of the market he plays in. Its simple as that. If he played for Atlanta he wouldnt even be on the list.

Bdawg2309
07-07-2013, 04:16 AM
blue jays twitter account is promoting the vote for freeman, along with their pitcher that's on the final vote ballot... and vice versa

ChapelHillMatt
07-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Puig will win because of the market he plays in. Its simple as that. If he played for Atlanta he wouldnt even be on the list.

Dude is hitting over 400, people need to stop acting like he's not deserving. He's a stud.

Besides your argument makes no sense since Freeman is on the list.

AerchAngel
07-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Dude is hitting over 400, people need to stop acting like he's not deserving. He's a stud.

All Star game is a joke, why watch it? It doesn't represent what they are playing for. If it was a fans only game, I can understand that, but with the importance of winning the game, it isn't.

weso1
07-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Some quotes I borrowed from DOB's twitter:

Uggla on Puig: "He’s exciting. But should he make the All-Star team? No, not this year. But he’s going to. Which sucks for Freddie."

Hudson on ESPN boosting Puig: “I think it’s B.S. I mean, it’s pretty obvious what players certain media outlets want plugged in."

Gattis on Puig All-Star candidacy: "I don’t think anybody deserves it after one month. I don’t think I deserved it."

ChapelHillMatt
07-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Well Harper was voted in based on a month's worth of work. Personally I agree he shouldn't make the game on such a small sample size but people are acting like it's just hype and that's not true. He already has 50 hits, it's impressive. He's single handily put the Dodgers back into contention.

NinersSBChamps
07-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Well Harper was voted in based on a month's worth of work. Personally I agree he shouldn't make the game on such a small sample size but people are acting like it's just hype and that's not true. He already has 50 hits, it's impressive. He's single handily put the Dodgers back into contention.

And he's above the law too. Can't even be suspended for acting like a maniac during the melee.

yeezus
07-07-2013, 03:22 PM

no one is saying he's not good. but he doesn't deserve to be an all-star

Bdawg2309
07-07-2013, 04:06 PM
You guys are forgetting about the ballot stuffing giants fans
Don't think puig will run away with it easily

cajunrevenge
07-07-2013, 06:16 PM
I just dont agree anyone should make the all star game with 32 games played. I also dont think Freeman deserves to make the all star game either. I like Freeman and I do anticipate some all star games in his future but he plays the most offensive position in the NL.

Runnin
07-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Freeman leading Puig. He has a chance. Apparently other fans agree that Puig is not yet deserving.

Anyone who doesn't do their utmost to help FF be an AS is not a good person.

gtcway
07-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Freeman leading Puig. He has a chance. Apparently other fans agree that Puig is not yet deserving.

Anyone who doesn't do their utmost to help FF be an AS is not a good person.

Wow, by how much? I'll definitely max out my email addresses tonight :)

parkvadawg
07-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Wow, by how much? I'll definitely max out my email addresses tonight :)

Did a bunch yesterday.

NinersSBChamps
07-08-2013, 03:36 PM
What is that number you can text your vote to?

CrimsonCowboy
07-08-2013, 03:57 PM
I just did some voting online. Hopefully we can get him in.

CrimsonCowboy
07-08-2013, 03:59 PM
What is that number you can text your vote to?

Text N2 to 89269

CrimsonCowboy
07-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Funny tweet from Mark Bowman:

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman 1m
Fredi G. on voting for Freeman: "I know my wife an I didn't speak to each other this morning because we were both on our iPad." #FinalVote

CyYoung31
07-09-2013, 01:57 AM

He's going to come plummeting back down to Earth at some point. He's undoubtedly got talent, but he's got an ungodly BABIP and seems to have the strike zone recognition of Jeff Francoeur. That's not a good combination.

And you completely missed cajun's point. He was saying if Puig, the guy who only has 120 PAs in the big leagues, played in Atlanta he would not be on the list. If he was doing this over a full season, he would be a starter regardless of where he played.

CyYoung31
07-09-2013, 08:05 AM
ESPN's unrelenting push for this guy to make the team is ridiculous. They keep saying, "Is there any doubt that the fans want to see Puig in the All-Star game?" Well, obviously there is if he didn't get voted in and is trailing in the final man vote. I think ESPN is confusing who they want to see with who we want to see in the All-Star Game.

I don't understand all the fuss with him getting in the game anyway on their part. Even if he plays, it will probably be at most 1 inning or 1 AB. This isn't the 1970's anymore. If any of us want to see him play, we can turn on ESPN or MLB.TV at any moment and watch him. So, getting to see him in the ASG wouldn't be that special. Because of this, and the home-field stipulation put on the game, the fans are no longer voting so much for who they want to see there but more for who deserves it.

It's just propaganda at its finest, and now I hear Mike Greenberg taking issue with Tim Hudson's thoughts on the matter. It's like everyone at ESPN is getting paid to shove this guy down our throats.

The Chosen One
07-09-2013, 08:25 AM
The media is setting this up as him upsetting Freeman as "the will of the fans"...

Ugh. Magic Johnson owns the Dodgers, and he also happens to be employed by ESPN... :mad0182:

CyYoung31
07-09-2013, 08:32 AM
The media is setting this up as him upsetting Freeman as "the will of the fans"...

Ugh. Magic Johnson owns the Dodgers, and he also happens to be employed by ESPN... :mad0182:

I can't wait to see how butthurt they get if Freeman wins the vote.

Dunit24
07-09-2013, 08:57 AM
I just hate that we are having to vote like crazy to get Freeman into the All-Star game. With the game being of importance now, you would think the league would get away from the voting and get the guys in the game that are deserving. If its a game for the fans, it doesnt need to be a game of importance.

If Puig makes it, I probably wont watch. Just another indication that MLB is not what it once was.

nocalgirl10
07-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Colin Cowherd actually opened his show today by acknowledging the Braves were right for criticizing ESPN about their push for Puig. A guy at the network actually admitting that...pretty remarkable.

CyYoung31
07-09-2013, 09:18 AM
I actually think that Desmond deserves to be the one to go, but obviously I'm voting for Freeman.

ChapelHillMatt
07-09-2013, 11:18 AM
He's going to come plummeting back down to Earth at some point. He's undoubtedly got talent, but he's got an ungodly BABIP and seems to have the strike zone recognition of Jeff Francoeur. That's not a good combination.

And you completely missed cajun's point. He was saying if Puig, the guy who only has 120 PAs in the big leagues, played in Atlanta he would not be on the list. If he was doing this over a full season, he would be a starter regardless of where he played.

Regardless of what he will do or won't do, the fact of the matter is he's had a GREAT year up until this point and hasn't slowed down yet. 2 more hits last night. He's an electrifying player to watch. Where were the Dodgers before they called him up? They were floundering around at the bottom of the division. There is something to be said for what he's done. If this game is for the fans then what's wrong with baseball marketing this player and putting him in the game? Trout and Harper made it last year. I enjoy watching him play. He doesn't have to be on my favorite team for me to appreciate what he's accomplished. If he was on the Braves he would be getting the same attention he's getting now. Francoeur got a lot of media hype when he first came up if you'll recall.

Remember I do agree that Freeman is more deserving, simply based on a larger sample size but if Puig gets in I'm not going to cry foul. Puig is an exciting player to watch and if fans want to see him then I have no problem with that.

gilesfan
07-09-2013, 11:29 AM
I don't think Puig deserves to go. just not enough PAs overall in the majors. Not like he's got numbers last year or a prior year, he has 1 month total in the majors.

Pence clearly doesn't deserve it. Adrian Gonzalez doesnt.

Comes down to Freeman or Desmond on who deserves it imo.

I think Desmond deserves it and should have made it over Segura for sure. But, if you are selecting someone for helping the NL win the exhibition game, then you vote Freeman.

yeezus
07-09-2013, 11:33 AM
I don't think Puig deserves to go. just not enough PAs overall in the majors. Not like he's got numbers last year or a prior year, he has 1 month total in the majors.

Pence clearly doesn't deserve it. Adrian Gonzalez doesnt.

Comes down to Freeman or Desmond on who deserves it imo.

I think Desmond deserves it and should have made it over Segura for sure. But, if you are selecting someone for helping the NL win the exhibition game, then you vote Freeman.

not sure how you put in desmond over segura.

gilesfan
07-09-2013, 12:12 PM
# Name Team G PA H HR R RBI SB BB% K% ISO BABIP AVG OBP SLG wOBA wRC+ Fld BsR WAR
1 Everth Cabrera Padres 73 337 85 4 38 25 31 10.4% 16.6 % .106 .349 .291 .371 .397 .342 125 3.5 5.0 3.4
2 Ian Desmond Nationals 88 361 92 15 41 49 10 6.1 % 22.7 % .218 .324 .278 .323 .495 .350 123 2.8 3.3 3.2
3 Jean Segura Brewers 86 372 113 11 50 36 27 3.8 % 11.8 % .169 .343 .323 .358 .491 .366 134 -3.4 1.9 3.0

Could probably argue which one was better. Pretty close. But since Desmond put up numbers last year as well, I think he deserves it overs Segura.

Nerfherders
07-09-2013, 12:38 PM
I just voted as many times as I could for Freeman. Surprised it's even close, to be honest.

gtcway
07-09-2013, 01:00 PM
How many times can you vote? I'm here in bed with my back out of wack and I'm sure I've revoted at least 100 times already.

NinersSBChamps
07-09-2013, 01:13 PM
I tried the text thing a lot and I only a response once. I sent like 50 "N2's" and I don't think they are all working.

ChapelHillMatt
07-09-2013, 01:30 PM
I just gave him 10 more votes

zitothebrave
07-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Voted a buttload of time, can't believe we have the third best record i the NL and only 1 All-Star rep.

thethe
07-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Voted a buttload of time, can't believe we have the third best record i the NL and only 1 All-Star rep.

Why? Its not about players from the best teams its about the best players. The Braves are winning because of depth. Who else should be a no-brainer on our roster aside from Kimbrel?

ChapelHillMatt
07-09-2013, 02:14 PM
A's only have one player as well. The All Star game is not about team accomplishments, it's about individual players having great years.

Bdawg2309
07-09-2013, 02:42 PM
freeman has a lead in at least 1 county of every state except New Hampshire.

TURBO
07-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Would be something if he could beat Puig.

weso1
07-09-2013, 04:03 PM
If Puig makes it in then MLB needs to figure out a way to get Freeman in too. It seems like without the unfair media hype Freeman would likely be the winner.

jpx7
07-09-2013, 04:15 PM
It seems like without the unfair media hype Freeman would likely be the winner.

I'm not so sure the exorbitant hyping of Puig hasn't actually contributed to Freeman's ascendance in the vote by energizing the legions of Braves fans (and Dodgers haters) out there.

elmonthc
07-09-2013, 06:42 PM
I'm not so sure the exorbitant hyping of Puig hasn't actually contributed to Freeman's ascendance in the vote by energizing the legions of Braves fans (and Dodgers haters) out there.

Espn is basivally negging for people to vote for puig. FF deserves it just as much.

CyYoung31
07-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Regardless of what he will do or won't do, the fact of the matter is he's had a GREAT year up until this point and hasn't slowed down yet. 2 more hits last night. He's an electrifying player to watch. Where were the Dodgers before they called him up? They were floundering around at the bottom of the division. There is something to be said for what he's done. If this game is for the fans then what's wrong with baseball marketing this player and putting him in the game? Trout and Harper made it last year. I enjoy watching him play. He doesn't have to be on my favorite team for me to appreciate what he's accomplished. If he was on the Braves he would be getting the same attention he's getting now. Francoeur got a lot of media hype when he first came up if you'll recall.

Remember I do agree that Freeman is more deserving, simply based on a larger sample size but if Puig gets in I'm not going to cry foul. Puig is an exciting player to watch and if fans want to see him then I have no problem with that.

If you believe that Puig would be getting the same amount of coverage and push, then I don't know what to say. I don't know if you've been paying attention to ESPN recently like I have, but they're actively trying to handicap Freeman and the other nominees by telling the fans who they should vote for. They might as well bring out the desk and telephones into the studio and start a door to door campaign.

There should be absolutely no bias like that at all from a world wide news network, and if they had any journalistic integrity they would be giving everyone on the ballot their due.

ChapelHillMatt
07-09-2013, 08:16 PM
I guess my point is if you have put up the numbers Puig has and made the difference he has in the win/loss column then he should get the attention he's getting, regardless of where he's playing. It's not like they are hyping up someone that is hitting 240.

TURBO
07-09-2013, 08:22 PM
I guess my point is if you have put up the numbers Puig has and made the difference he has in the win/loss column then he should get the attention he's getting, regardless of where he's playing. It's not like they are hyping up someone that is hitting 240.

Then Justin should get in for his April

elmonthc
07-09-2013, 08:26 PM
I saw how people were saying ff was leading the votes because of whats going on with his wife. I didnt catch that story. Is everything okay?

ChapelHillMatt
07-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Then Justin should get in for his April

Why not, Harper got in for his April.

CyYoung31
07-09-2013, 08:32 PM
I saw how people were saying ff was leading the votes because of whats going on with his wife. I didnt catch that story. Is everything okay?

Freeman is married?

CyYoung31
07-09-2013, 08:33 PM

But, my point is that it has been completely overbearing on ESPN's part, and it shouldn't be that way.

I'm not trying to slight anything Puig has done, but I just don't care for the obvious bias because of where he plays. Having said that, he shouldn't be an All-Star.

ChapelHillMatt
07-09-2013, 08:35 PM
But, my point is that it has been completely overbearing on ESPN's part, and it shouldn't be that way.

I'm not trying to slight anything Puig has done, but I just don't care for the obvious bias because of where he plays. Having said that, he shouldn't be an All-Star.

Fair enough

I don't watch much ESPN

ChapelHillMatt
07-09-2013, 08:37 PM
I just enjoy watching him play so if he gets in it's not a big deal to me. It's just an exhibition game.

That said I've voted for Freeman.

Runnin
07-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Espn is basivally negging for people to vote for puig.
I could basivally neg give a hit about Espn.

VOTE FREDDIE FREEMAN NOW!!!

Carp
07-09-2013, 10:00 PM

Could probably have at least 1 more (besides Freddie if he wins the vote). Molina is pretty banged up at the moment. Cards may decide not to send him, in which case Mac most definitely should be the replacement. Pretty sad that Mac isn't there anyways. He's having an outstanding season.

rniki10
07-09-2013, 10:27 PM
I think Freddie leading the voting is a combo of fans not thinking Puig deserves the honor after only 32 games, their disgust with the national media's campaigning, and also the Braves great campaign for Freddie. I don't know what the other teams are doing for their players in the final vote, but the Braves have been going overtime.

gtcway
07-10-2013, 06:42 AM
You guys know how this is going to play out right? Freddie will be leading into the last day and Puig will "pull ahead" at the last moment to take the lead. Media will be all over it, saying fans just really wanted to see such an electrifying player in the allstar game.
There's no way he doesn't win it, even if Freddie gets more votes.

rico43
07-10-2013, 08:27 AM
You guys know how this is going to play out right? Freddie will be leading into the last day and Puig will "pull ahead" at the last moment to take the lead. Media will be all over it, saying fans just really wanted to see such an electrifying player in the allstar game.
There's no way he doesn't win it, even if Freddie gets more votes.
Way, way too cynical. It'll never happen that way, but we have a week for players to fall out with 'injuries". I see both there in the end.

zitothebrave
07-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Thing is that last day twitter votes count. And you can bet #votepuig will be number one trend.

gilesfan
07-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Why not, Harper got in for his April.

The All Star game isn't always about who had the best first half.

zitothebrave
07-10-2013, 09:21 AM
The All Star game isn't always about who had the best first half.

It pretty much is. Wonderdouche getting in is terrible. If it was based off more than just the first half of this year then Heyward would have been more deserving than Harper. Just say it, Harper got in cause of a hot month and media hype.

NinersSBChamps
07-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Twitter is very strange to me. I follow people and know how to read their stuff, but I don't know how to use it. Can someone explain to me how to vote for Freddie on it.

rniki10
07-10-2013, 10:28 AM
#votefreddie has already trended once this week. It could easily happen again.

ESP47
07-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Fair enough

I don't watch much ESPN

It's not just ESPN. MLB.com and MLB network and doing their part as well, just not as obvious as ESPN. Have you watched the last couple games against Miami?

They keep showing this "poll" at the bottom of the screen from FOX. It asks the fans who they think is going to win the vote. About 60% vote Puig with 20% voting Freeman. Yet Freeman leads the real vote? Says either A) casual fans are voting on this poll and not voting for the real all star vote or B) the fans know that this **** is going to be rigged in the end with Puig winning no matter what.

gilesfan
07-10-2013, 10:36 AM
It pretty much is. Wonderdouche getting in is terrible. If it was based off more than just the first half of this year then Heyward would have been more deserving than Harper. Just say it, Harper got in cause of a hot month and media hype.

Harper- .272/.351/.493
Heyward- .256/.349/.437

If it was just about the first half of the year, the all star OFers would look something like Gomez, Gonzo, Cutch, Marte, Fowler, Parra, Choo. But, it's not. It's a a combo of guys that had first half (Gomez), guys that need the one spot for their team, guys that are in based on career (Beltran), and guys that are in simply because they are one of the best in the game.(Harper)

gilesfan
07-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Zito, how much of a problem did you have with Heyward making the all star team in 2010?

# Name Team G PA H HR R RBI SB BB% K% ISO BABIP AVG OBP SLG wOBA wRC+ Fld BsR WAR
12 Page size:

select
35 items in 2 pages
1 Andres Torres Giants 77 309 74 7 46 29 17 12.9 % 19.7 % .202 .344 .281 .378 .483 .377 137 11.8 4.5 4.1
2 Angel Pagan Mets 80 330 94 6 46 40 19 8.5 % 13.9 % .158 .355 .315 .372 .473 .367 130 8.4 4.0 3.5
3 Aubrey Huff Giants 85 359 90 17 55 54 3 12.0 % 11.1 % .249 .287 .295 .384 .544 .398 152 4.5 0.9 3.5
4 Matt Holliday Cardinals 86 367 98 16 52 51 6 9.8 % 14.4 % .229 .317 .300 .373 .529 .388 143 4.0 0.2 3.2
5 Marlon Byrd Cubs 87 359 105 9 47 40 4 3.9 % 13.6 % .163 .349 .317 .365 .480 .371 127 5.8 0.6 3.2
6 Colby Rasmus Cardinals 82 303 75 16 51 42 9 11.6 % 28.1 % .261 .360 .284 .369 .545 .390 145 -3.4 4.1 2.9
7 Josh Willingham Nationals 87 349 79 15 45 46 7 16.0 % 18.9 % .221 .315 .281 .411 .502 .399 148 -1.8 1.0 2.8
8 Jay Bruce Reds 90 363 86 10 50 36 5 9.9 % 22.9 % .180 .326 .266 .339 .446 .342 108 12.4 0.6 2.5
9 Chris Young Diamondbacks 86 356 85 15 48 61 17 9.0 % 21.1 % .203 .300 .266 .330 .469 .348 109 2.2 3.7 2.3
10 Corey Hart Brewers 81 338 88 21 44 65 4 8.3 % 20.7 % .281 .309 .288 .349 .569 .392 143 -4.6 1.4 2.2
11 Alfonso Soriano Cubs 82 302 72 15 44 44 4 9.6 % 22.8 % .265 .306 .269 .342 .534 .377 131 2.7 1.3 2.2
12 Michael Bourn Astros 85 360 82 1 52 20 28 9.7 % 18.3 % .075 .319 .255 .331 .330 .298 82 11.8 4.4 2.2
13 Shane Victorino Phillies 86 388 88 14 54 48 17 7.5 % 11.9 % .199 .253 .250 .317 .449 .335 105 0.8 3.2 2.1
14 Jayson Werth Phillies 84 346 83 13 52 49 5 11.6 % 24.0 % .231 .340 .282 .367 .514 .375 132 -3.7 2.0 2.0
15 Carlos Gonzalez Rockies 77 347 102 17 56 60 12 4.6 % 21.9 % .218 .360 .314 .346 .532 .375 119 -0.8 2.5 1.9
16 Jason Heyward Braves 71 303 64 11 41 45 5 13.9 % 22.4 % .204 .299 .251 .366 .455 .362 124 2.5 0.0 1.8
17 Andre Ethier Dodgers 70 306 89 14 43 54 1 8.5 % 12.4 % .229 .330 .324 .379 .553 .398 152 -8.8 0.5 1.8
18 Andrew McCutchen Pirates 87 370 93 8 52 29 20 10.8 % 15.9 % .148 .326 .287 .363 .435 .352 119 -7.6 3.0 1.8
19 Ryan Braun Brewers 87 383 102 13 55 54 12 7.6 % 15.7 % .186 .320 .292 .348 .479 .361 122 -5.7 3.8 1.7
20 Ryan Ludwick Cardinals 71 296 72 11 40 42 0 7.8 % 20.6 % .212 .313 .273 .337 .485 .357 123 5.5 -3.6 1.7

weso1
07-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Borrowed from DOB's twitter:

RT @Braves: MT @MLB 3 HOURS AWAY! Tweet #VoteFreddie starting at 10am ET and it'll go toward the real #FinalVote. No limits

It lasts until 4 PM.

NinersSBChamps
07-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Borrowed from DOB's twitter:

RT @Braves: MT @MLB 3 HOURS AWAY! Tweet #VoteFreddie starting at 10am ET and it'll go toward the real #FinalVote. No limits

It lasts until 4 PM.

So I just make that my status on my twitter page?

ChapelHillMatt
07-11-2013, 02:05 PM
They were talking about Puig on 1st take this morning and mentioned that maybe he needs to be humbled just a bit and losing this vote might be good for him.

ChapelHillMatt
07-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Harper was out for what, 6 weeks? That's why you have to come to the conclusion his April numbers got him in. He hasn't hardly played. So if Puig doesn't deserve it then neither does he.

CrimsonCowboy
07-11-2013, 04:17 PM
Intentional Talk on MLB Network is saying Freddie Freeman is in.:eusa_dance:

TURBO
07-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Intentional Talk on MLB Network is saying Freddie Freeman is in.:eusa_dance:

Congrats Freddie

bravesnumberone
07-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Wonder what's taking so long to announce results. Trying to figure out how to put Puig in the lead?

CrimsonCowboy
07-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Confirmed: Freeman along with Toronto's Steve Delabar won the fan vote:elefant:

ChapelHillMatt
07-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Awesome

Congrats Freddie

CrimsonCowboy
07-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Freddie Freeman ‏@FreddieFreeman5 34s
Words can't describe how thankful I am to all the fans!! This is a dream come true and it wouldn't of happened without you guys! #GoBraves

ChapelHillMatt
07-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Freeman received an all-time record 19.7 million votes

VirginiaBrave
07-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Congrats Braves Nation...we beat the hype...

weso1
07-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Hopefully Puig will get in too so that Freddie's not known as the guy who kept Puig out of the all star game.

Julio3000
07-11-2013, 04:37 PM
The will of the people.

CrimsonCowboy
07-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Dear national media,

HAHA!

Sincerely,
Braves Country

jpx7
07-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Hopefully Puig will get in too so that Freddie's not known as the guy who kept Puig out of the all star game.

I'm fine with that, actually.

CrimsonCowboy
07-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Someone send a crying towel to Bristol, Connecticut. Their "Breaking News" says Puig not voted to All- Star Game.

So to ESPN and Fox as well, 19.7 million voted for Freddie Freeman. Get over it.

bravesnumberone
07-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Horray Freddie

The Chosen One
07-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Chop Country prevails!

AJonesATL
07-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Awesome. Congrats Freddie you deserve it.

DaneHill
07-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Is ESPN now dead air and a blank screen?

Congrats, Freddie! Chop chop! :rock:

jpx7
07-11-2013, 05:36 PM
ESPN does have an initial, immediate response (http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/38075/braves-fans-happy-america-sad-no-puig):

But isn't the All-Star Game ultimately a chance to market the sport? It's played at time when little is going on in the sports world outside of sports beloved in Europe (cycling, soccer), and Puig has been one of the big stories of the first half, a reason casual fans may tune in to watch the All-Star Game when they otherwise wouldn't. The argument against Puig is he hasn't earned the spot, that 35 games and 152 plate appearances don't warrant selection, even if he is hitting .394, belting home runs and playing spectacular defense. Of course, he's played more than Kimbrel -- who has faced 131 batters -- but I get it: Puig hasn't proved anything over the long haul.

Though, to be fair to Schoenfield, most of the article concerns Freeman being a fine choice, as far as these things go — I just find it pretty rich that he can't help but bemoan how much more marketable (in his opinion) Puig is relative to Freeman, and therefore the minor travesty that Puig's loss represents.

BoneThrower
07-11-2013, 05:37 PM
ESPN should change the title of their article on the Final Vote Challenge to "Hugs, Not Thugs! :icon_biggrin:

weso1
07-11-2013, 05:41 PM
If Puig is going to wind up being an awesome player than the marketing will take care of itself. Whether or not he's in this year's all star team really won't effect things much. It's like the Puig supporters are just hung up on this idea that he has to be in the All Star game or the chance to use him as a marketing tool is over forever.

Julio3000
07-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Huigs not Puigs.

BremanFan88
07-11-2013, 05:52 PM
I wish the Atlanta fanbase didn't suck so we could win these contests...oh...

VirginiaBrave
07-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Puig didn't deserve it this year. Keep doing what he's doing and he'll have chances.

ChapelHillMatt
07-11-2013, 06:06 PM
You gotta give his teammates a lot of credit for the campaign they ran.

BremanFan88
07-11-2013, 06:08 PM
You gotta give his teammates a lot of credit for the campaign they ran.

Also the partnership with Toronto played a role as well.

BremanFan88
07-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Puig didn't deserve it this year. Keep doing what he's doing and he'll have chances.

I wouldn't say he doesn't deserve it. He's outplayed Freddie(WAR 2.0 vs 1.5) but fan voting is the name of the game and Freddie beasted. Braves have won back to back fan votes though. Yay us.

thewupk
07-11-2013, 06:12 PM
ESPN is just butt hurt that their boy didn't get in. Even Onley in talking about the voting results said he was shocked Puig didn't get in due to his attention he has gotten. Because "he's doing things in the first month of his career that we haven't seen since Dimaggio." Which is pretty absurd since I can just go back to Frenchy and see he had better numbers in his first month or so of games. And I'm sure there are several more too. Puig is having everything go right for him at the start of his career but has too many red flags for me to even think he will be a future all-star. His ceiling is that of an above average OF imo.

ChapelHillMatt
07-11-2013, 06:14 PM
He's going to be a lot better than Francoeur. I think his plate discipline will improve as he goes along. I believe the kid is gonna be special. Main thing he's going to have to learn how to do though is lay off the breaking ball going away from him and learn how to hit the inside fastball because those are his weaknesses right now. He's very good though and the sky is the limit for him.

thewupk
07-11-2013, 06:19 PM
He's going to be a lot better than Francoeur. I think his plate discipline will improve as he goes along. I believe the kid is gonna be special. Main thing he's going to have to learn how to do though is lay off the breaking ball going away from him and learn how to hit the inside fastball because those are his weaknesses right now. He's very good though and the sky is the limit for him.

Well it's not hard to be better than Francoeur who has had some all time bad seasons. But Puig has some major red flags early on. And most of his success is fueled by things that aren't sustainable.

Runnin
07-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Has anyone seen an exact final vote? Report of voting has been conspicuously vague from the beginning. Why don't they show the actual vote tally?

thewupk
07-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Has anyone seen an exact final vote? Report of voting has been conspicuously vague from the beginning. Why don't they show the actual vote tally?

No. They did say Freeman set the record that Victorino got in 2009 and that Puig also had enough to beat Victorino but no vote totals from all the guys.

Runnin
07-11-2013, 07:15 PM
No. They did say Freeman set the record that Victorino got in 2009 and that Puig also had enough to beat Victorino but no vote totals from all the guys.
Yes, so Puig had over 15.6 million but less than 19.7. Why can't they simply show the actual vote tally? In article on the subject you have to read a full page of meaningless fluff to find the one thing you want.

zitothebrave
07-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Zito, how much of a problem did you have with Heyward making the all star team in 2010?

As a Braves fan, I did not. Did I think he deserved it? No. I recall even saying during the voting he didn't deserve it anymore.

But if you don't think Heyward belonged in 2010, then why in god's name are you defending Harper this year where he's 23rd fWAR? And has a lower fWAR than Heyward that year.

zitothebrave
07-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Harper- .272/.351/.493
Heyward- .256/.349/.437

If it was just about the first half of the year, the all star OFers would look something like Gomez, Gonzo, Cutch, Marte, Fowler, Parra, Choo. But, it's not. It's a a combo of guys that had first half (Gomez), guys that need the one spot for their team, guys that are in based on career (Beltran), and guys that are in simply because they are one of the best in the game.(Harper)

LMAO your analysis is so dumb. You ignore that Heyward is way better in the field than Harper. Night and day even. Harper is a better hitter for sure but Heyward is an elite defender. So great hitter and above average defender, vs. above average hitter and elite defender.

The fact that you don't think Cutch belongs in there over Wonderdouche is absurd.

AUTiger7222
07-11-2013, 09:59 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1006250_10200179060855400_669309610_n.jpg

CyYoung31
07-11-2013, 10:00 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1006250_10200179060855400_669309610_n.jpg

And that's exactly what I'm talking about. That's almost comical.

Orphan Black
07-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Not only did Freeman win, but he got 1/4 of all the votes cast (combined from both leagues)...that's pretty insane.

CyYoung31
07-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Not only did Freeman win, but he got 1/4 of all the votes cast (combined from both leagues)...that's pretty insane.

Racism.

cajunrevenge
07-11-2013, 10:52 PM

And thats what I dont watch ESPN anymore. I bet when Freeman comes up to bat they talk about Puig the whole time too.

CyYoung31
07-11-2013, 11:24 PM
And thats what I dont watch ESPN anymore. I bet when Freeman comes up to bat they talk about Puig the whole time too.

Joe Buck: "So, here comes Freeman who beat out Dodgers' phenom Yasiel Puig for the Final Man Vote for the NL."

Tim McCarver: "Who?"

Joe Buck: "(chuckle) Exactly. Puig, of course, has taken the league by storm since he came up, and many consider Freeman's win over him for the final vote to be an upset."

Tim McCarver: "Particularly since Puig, being from Cuba, could do a lot for the popularity of Major League Baseball in his homeland.

*Dead Air*

Joe Buck: "And Puig, excuse me, Freeman hits a high fly ball into deep right-field, and that ball is gone and the NL has taken the lead. ... So Freeman, NOT Puig, has put the NL on top here in the All-Star Game."

Tim McCarver: "And you just have to wonder what Puig must be thinking sitting at his home in Havanna knowing that this could have been him."

Joe Buck: "....And Freeman with hugs all around. Maybe he can give one to Puig."

Tim McCarver: "I love lamp."

AUTiger7222
07-12-2013, 01:16 AM
ESPN says Puig is the reason the Dodgers have won 16 of 19 games but the truth is their pitching has been stupid good. They've given 3 runs or less in 12 of those 19 games. In 9 of those games it's been 1 run or less. They've given up 71 runs in those 19 games or 3.7 runs per game. That is skewed by a game in which the Phillies scored 16 runs against them. Take out that game and it drops to 3.1 runs per game. Lots of teams will win games with that kind of pitching.

TURBO
07-12-2013, 02:19 AM
Espn should check to see what Hanely has done since coming back from DL. He is on fire.

Bdawg2309
07-12-2013, 02:25 AM
Joe Buck: "So, here comes Freeman who beat out Dodgers' phenom Yasiel Puig for the Final Man Vote for the NL."

Joe Buck: "(chuckle) Exactly. Puig, of course, has taken the league by storm since he came up, and many consider Freeman's win over him for the final vote to be an upset."

Tim McCarver: "Particularly since Puig, being from Cuba, could do a lot for the popularity of Major League Baseball in his homeland.

*Dead Air*

Joe Buck: "And Puig, excuse me, Freeman hits a high fly ball into deep right-field, and that ball is gone and the NL has taken the lead. ... So Freeman, NOT Puig, has put the NL on top here in the All-Star Game."

Tim McCarver: "And you just have to wonder what Puig must be thinking sitting at his home in Havanna knowing that this could have been him."

Joe Buck: "....And Freeman with hugs all around. Maybe he can give one to Puig."

wonder who will take over for mccarver after this year

and didn't he say that he didn't want puig in the ASG?

ahh, i hope freeman hits a walkoff hr off of Rivera

ChapelHillMatt
07-12-2013, 03:13 AM
And that's exactly what I'm talking about. That's almost comical.

Ok, I hear you loud and clear now.

That's ridiculous.

Julio3000
07-12-2013, 02:21 PM
For ESPN:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff511/poinsett/fmkleenex_zpsf120f6a8.jpeg

yeezus
07-12-2013, 03:03 PM
tim mccarver is the worst.

Julio3000
07-12-2013, 04:08 PM

*Dead Air*

HOF