PDA

View Full Version : Megyn Kelly.

Krgrecw
01-03-2017, 10:54 PM
She asked foxnews for $25 million and they declined. Kellys going to do a daytime show on NBC. Good for her, stupid for NBC.

goldfly
01-03-2017, 11:04 PM
Guess she got tired of Santa Claus is white stories and being a mouthpiece for fascists and being sexually harassed

good for her

hope it works out

Hawk
01-03-2017, 11:12 PM
Fox was willing to go to $20MM per year. I wonder how much NBC ultimately paid.

thethe
01-03-2017, 11:16 PM
Didn't mind Kelley. Always happy when someone moves on to a situation they think is better for themselves.

Krgrecw
01-03-2017, 11:28 PM
Fox was willing to go to $20MM per year. I wonder how much NBC ultimately paid.

So you sign a woman who has higher ratings than anyone on your cable news outlet and you pay her to work daytime tv? Maybe that's what she wanted since she has kids, but that's not what got her famous.

thethe
01-03-2017, 11:42 PM
So you sign a woman who has higher ratings than anyone on your cable news outlet and you pay her to work daytime tv? Maybe that's what she wanted since she has kids, but that's not what got her famous.

I actually think her personality would work better with day time TV.

Krgrecw
01-04-2017, 12:38 AM
I actually think her personality would work better with day time TV.

True. I wonder who foxnews is going to replace her with.

The Chosen One
01-04-2017, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I think NBC gave up on MSNBC ages ago. Fox News dominates the nighttime demo.

Where NBC is stronger is mornings (Today Show), and now they're going to move in to make a statement in daytime.

57Brave
01-04-2017, 08:07 AM
LOLGOP ‏@LOLGOP 8m8 minutes ago

Megyn Kelly's replacement?

Live from the Ecuadorian Embassy...

Jaw
01-04-2017, 09:29 AM
Good for Megyn. I'm sure she got a nice deal if she was willing to turn down $20 million.
I am curious to see who the replacement is. You know the bench is getting thin when Tucker Carlson gets a show. Fox is going to have to cultivate some new talent.

Krgrecw
01-04-2017, 09:32 AM
Good for Megyn. I'm sure she got a nice deal if she was willing to turn down $20 million.
I am curious to see who the replacement is. You know the bench is getting thin when Tucker Carlson gets a show. Fox is going to have to cultivate some new talent.

Tucker isn't bad. I enjoy his snarkiness. Greg gutfeld is the worse.

Supposedly it's going to be a woman replacing Kelly at the 9pm slot. They say KG wants it but I'm not a big fan of hers. Might be Kelly's fill in? Martha mccallum or whatever her name is.

Oklahomahawk
01-04-2017, 09:38 AM

Supposedly it's going to be a woman replacing Kelly at the 9pm slot. They say KG wants it but I'm not a big fan of hers. Might be Kelly's fill in? Martha mccallum or whatever her name is.

I didn't get in on the previous Tucker bashing though I think he's terrible. I agree about Gutfeld about like him better than Tucker (not a ringing endorsement though obviously). McCallum would be good. Sorry I don't know who KG is. If Fox has serious balls they could give Margaret Hoover a shot. A Dem, but a reasonable person kind of Dem, right between O'Reilly and Hannity. Imagine the possibilities.

Just curious, why don't you like Megyn?

Krgrecw
01-04-2017, 09:55 AM
I didn't get in on the previous Tucker bashing though I think he's terrible. I agree about Gutfeld about like him better than Tucker (not a ringing endorsement though obviously). McCallum would be good. Sorry I don't know who KG is. If Fox has serious balls they could give Margaret Hoover a shot. A Dem, but a reasonable person kind of Dem, right between O'Reilly and Hannity. Imagine the possibilities.

Just curious, why don't you like Megyn?

Kg is Kimberly guilfoyle she on thier 5pm show.

I like Megyn. I just think she isn't an afternoon talk show type.

Oklahomahawk
01-04-2017, 10:57 AM
Kg is Kimberly guilfoyle she on thier 5pm show.

I like Megyn. I just think she isn't an afternoon talk show type.

Oh OK (on both counts). KG is probably a little "too pretty" so to speak. It's not hard to imagine her as a Victoria's Secret Model, but it's granite hard imagining her and Gavin Newsome as a married couple. Sort of like a Ken and Barbie I guess.

As for Megyn, didn't she used to do an afternoon show on Fox?

50PoundHead
01-04-2017, 02:35 PM

I suffer through The Five periodically at the gym during my workouts. What a miserable set of folks outside of Perino. Juan Williams is an upgrade on the Dem side over Bob Beckel, but it's still a pretty much wasted half hour.

Kelly's business acumen showed through. My guess is she saw the sparring with Trump as an excellent career move. She's bright and telegenic. I'll be curious to find out if she was hamstrung by the Fox framework at all.

goldfly
01-04-2017, 02:45 PM
I didn't get in on the previous Tucker bashing though I think he's terrible.

it's never too late to make fun of that bow tie wearing no talent ass clown man

the thread is still on the first page, swing by sometime

Krgrecw
01-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Tucker gets Kelly's spot.

The Chosen One
01-09-2017, 06:48 PM
I think Kelly will eventually be Lester Holt's successor. Whether Holt retires or NBC for some reason removed him from Nightly.