PDA

View Full Version : Libertarians are the New Communists (I LOL'ed)

acesfull86
09-06-2013, 06:35 PM
link (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-05/libertarians-are-the-new-communists.html)

I figured Sturg would enjoy this. Just a laughably poor hack job of an editorial.

sturg33
09-07-2013, 04:46 PM
link (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-05/libertarians-are-the-new-communists.html)

I figured Sturg would enjoy this. Just a laughably poor hack job of an editorial.

:facepalm:

Just another writer desperate for clicks.

zitothebrave
09-07-2013, 05:19 PM
I mean he's not wrong, at it's most extreme libertarianism is the opposite of communism and it will fail. Like anything else there needs to be a middle ground. But that middle ground needs to change, we cannot keep having totalitarian conservatives in office, some libertarian liberals or conservatives would do some good even if it's only a short breath of air.

yeezus
09-07-2013, 05:23 PM
I didn't LOL. This is some scary stuff. There's another wave of commies under a different guise? Goodbye, life.

acesfull86
09-07-2013, 11:42 PM
I mean he's not wrong, at it's most extreme libertarianism is the opposite of communism and it will fail. Like anything else there needs to be a middle ground. But that middle ground needs to change, we cannot keep having totalitarian conservatives in office, some libertarian liberals or conservatives would do some good even if it's only a short breath of air.

But his argument is a total straw man. "It is the nihilist anti-state libertarians of the Koch-Cruz-Norquist-Paul (Ron and Rand alike) school who should worry us." What? Rand Paul's proposed budget involves the federal government spending $38 trillion dollars over 10 years. That hardly sounds "nihilist anti-state."

I don't think libertarianism means what these writers believe it means (Somaila? Are they serious?).

"The public record of extreme statements by the likes of Cruz, Norquist and the Pauls speaks for itself." ....and then not a single example. Welp, I guess I'll take their word for it. This looks like a C paper written by a freshman.

zitothebrave
09-07-2013, 11:51 PM
I agree that he's more or less making arguments for the sake of making arguments but many things Paul would want would lead to the total destruction of America.