PDA

View Full Version : CPAC disinvites Milo

goldfly
02-20-2017, 02:19 PM
a bunch of snowflakes bowing to PC culture i am sure, right?

sturg33
02-20-2017, 02:21 PM
Seems that way

goldfly
02-20-2017, 06:00 PM
CPAC has no problem with any of his other trolling and other vile **** but talk about ****ing 13 year old boys and they suddenly don't really care to promote free speech i guess

Krgrecw
02-20-2017, 07:01 PM
CPAC has no problem with any of his other trolling and other vile **** but talk about ****ing 13 year old boys and they suddenly don't really care to promote free speech i guess

so talking **** and talking about ****ing 13 year olds are on the same level to you?

Hawk
02-20-2017, 08:22 PM
Milo does himself no favors. That being said, I listened to the whole interview for context, and he's actually trying to make a fairly nuanced contribution to the 'group discussion' about the arbitrary nature of the age of consent (and cross-generational relationship stereotypes) before the fat guy in a mask interjects with a retort about Catholic priests and it kind of sets Yiannopoulos off on a tangent that he doesn't articulate very well.

The PC culture in this country is really nauseating, and 'progressives' that are rubber-stamping this kind of belief persecution should consider joining the Republican party.

jpx7
02-20-2017, 08:26 PM
Milo does himself no favors. That being said, I listened to the whole interview for context, and he's actually trying to make a fairly nuanced contribution to the 'group discussion' about the arbitrary nature of the age of consent (and cross-generational relationship stereotypes) before the fat guy in a mask interjects with a retort about Catholic priests and it kind of sets Yiannopoulos off on a tangent that he doesn't articulate very well.

The PC culture in this country is really nauseating, and 'progressives' that are rubber-stamping this kind of belief persecution should consider joining the Republican party.

Both the "'progressives' that are rubber-stamping this kind of belief persecution" and today's establishment Republicans are essentially neoliberals anyways, so the shoe fits.

Krgrecw
02-20-2017, 09:23 PM
Milo just lost his book deal and people from breitbart want him out.

Runnin
02-20-2017, 10:01 PM
Before seeing this guy I didn't think it was possible to be more obnoxious and inflammatory than Ann Coulter.

weso1
02-20-2017, 11:42 PM
I'm not sure if Milo is good for conservatism or not, but for all his faults he's a legit weapon against the regressive left. Whether to support Milo in total or not is complicated, but I fully support his battle against the regressive left. For that reason I hope he survives this seeming tragic ending.

acesfull86
02-21-2017, 07:26 AM
I'm not sure if Milo is good for conservatism or not, but for all his faults he's a legit weapon against the regressive left. Whether to support Milo in total or not is complicated, but I fully support his battle against the regressive left. For that reason I hope he survives this seeming tragic ending.

**In before someone questions who you mean by "the left"**

mqt
02-21-2017, 08:10 AM
Live by the pointlessly inflammatory statements, die by the pointlessly inflammatory statements.

cajunrevenge
02-21-2017, 01:30 PM
Guess which political family has won 5 of the last 7 CPAC presidential polls...... unelectable my ass. This whole Trump Presidency is karma for what the RNC and media did. I hope Trump burns this abortion of a party and media to the ground. If you dont want freedom then dont complain when you get an authoritarian jackass.

Hawk
02-21-2017, 03:23 PM
Milo resigns.

Wonder if he goes Glenn Beck now?

The Chosen One
02-21-2017, 03:30 PM
Milo resigns.

I haven't been following Beck and the Blaze. I know that Lahren girl is there. I don't think Beck's made news recently other than apologizing to Barack Obama for basically being a dick. And saying he misses Obama's class compared to Trump. He must've pissed off some of the market he shared with Breitbart.

weso1
02-21-2017, 03:59 PM
Milo resigns.

I was thinking info wars. Although, I would bet he has a noncompete clause.

jpx7
02-22-2017, 03:19 PM
**In before someone questions who you mean by "the left"**

It's an entirely fair distinction, and I don't intend to quit making it.

Meanwhile, though I've stated I'm against a lot of this over-correcting of speech in the culture, to some extent, and at universities, especially, I also think it's entirely fair to maintain that Milo Yiannopoulos is an incompetent, attention-whoring, pointlessly trolling, thin-skinned, idea-less dung-beetle, whose fall from "grace" elicits no sympathy from me.

cajunrevenge
02-22-2017, 05:14 PM
but he is a gay jewish immigrant who was molested as a child. If only he was black he would be the perfect storm of victimhood.

weso1
02-22-2017, 07:43 PM
So Bill Maher said something on his show a while back that was pretty similar to what Milo said.

cajunrevenge
02-22-2017, 08:00 PM
Maher isnt the one going after Milo. Maher is not one of the PC police. He had his show canceled before for saying controversial things. Ironically I think his old show waa called "Politically Correct".

chop2chip
02-22-2017, 08:16 PM
So Bill Maher said something on his show a while back that was pretty similar to what Milo said.

I saw that. Granted it was at least 15 years ago, but I would be curious to hear his response to that given that he's commented on Milo.

FWIW, I really like Maher and could careless about Milo.

cajunrevenge
02-22-2017, 08:21 PM
Since when did we start taking females having sex with under age boys seriously? Whenever it is it will be news to me.

weso1
02-22-2017, 08:58 PM
Stefan Molyneux had a really good video on this. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wsZSE-iJAk)

Runnin
02-22-2017, 09:12 PM

About underage boys and older women? FWIW, I didn't think what Milo said was so bad, considering his usual schtick, and he clarified it later.

There's reason to believe there'll be plenty demand for his services, in one form or another.

:Bowman:

Runnin
02-22-2017, 09:17 PM
Maher isnt the one going after Milo. Maher is not one of the PC police. He had his show canceled before for saying controversial things. Ironically I think his old show waa called "Politically Correct".

It was Politically Incorrect.

Runnin
02-22-2017, 09:27 PM
I hope you include Matt Schlapp, chairman of the American Conservative Union, which acts as host of CPAC in that group of nauseating PC progressives.

sturg33
02-22-2017, 09:27 PM
The hypocrisy of the left, as usual, knows no bounds

goldfly
02-22-2017, 09:51 PM
Lol, I love how great the spin from the drudge and brietbart crowd stays on message all together

The liberal media made that insufferable piece of **** say what he said and cost himself a lot

But I guess it changes the topic about how hypocritical the CPAC and the "right" is to free speech though so it works

sturg33
02-22-2017, 09:54 PM
Lol, I love how great the spin from the drudge and brietbart crowd stays on message all together

The liberal media made that insufferable piece of **** say what he said and cost himself a lot

But I guess it changes the topic about how hypocritical the CPAC and the "right" is to free speech though so it works

Our resident hypocrite is calling out hypocrisy.

Fantastic

weso1
02-22-2017, 09:56 PM

You seem to be right in line with the regressive left.

Hawk
02-22-2017, 10:19 PM
I hope you include Matt Schlapp, chairman of the American Conservative Union, which acts as host of CPAC in that group of nauseating PC progressives.

I'll bite: why might you hope so?

Runnin
02-22-2017, 10:55 PM
I'll bite: why might you hope so?
Isn't he the one who disinvited Milo from the CPAC?

American Conservative Union Chairman Matt Schlapp said in a statement (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/320358-milo-yiannopoulis-disinvited-from-cpac) announcing the decision that Yiannopoulos's efforts to address the video clip have fallen short, calling the remarks "disturbing."

"We realize that Mr. Yiannopoulos has responded on Facebook, but it is insufficient," Schlapp said in a statement. "It is up to him to answer the tough questions and we urge him to immediately further address these disturbing comments."

He had the option to not be PC.

Runnin
02-22-2017, 10:58 PM
Bill Maher interview about the Milo booking. (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/arts/television/bill-maher-milo-yiannopoulos-interview.html)

goldfly
02-22-2017, 11:23 PM
Yes, I got weso and sturg to push their same tired bull**** line of nothing

Lol, I'm so regressive. Lol

None of this, yet again, has anything to do with the topic

#keepspinning