PDA

View Full Version : Not Even Pretending any longer

57Brave
03-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Jake Tapper‏Verified account @jaketapper 6m6 minutes ago

Secretary of State Tillerson about to embark on first major trip to Asia in the midst of North Korean crisis.

Not bringing any reporters.

Not bringing press on a trip like that is unusual & insulting to any American who is looking for anything but a state-run version of events
10 replies 96 retweets 192 likes

57Brave
03-09-2017, 03:58 PM
On Jan. 25, President Donald Trump signed an executive order promising to strip funding from the so-called sanctuary cities that have vowed to defy his plan to deport millions of undocumented immigrants. Whether and how the order can be enforced is yet unclear, but it sent an unsubtle message to cities like New York, Chicago and Los Angeles: Resistance will not be tolerated.

http://billmoyers.com/story/cities-go-rogue-trump-radical-right/

57Brave
03-09-2017, 07:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6g2y-DVoAEF3cR.jpg:large

57Brave
03-17-2017, 02:41 PM
"Former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, who was removed from his post by the Trump administration last week, was overseeing an investigation into stock trades made by the president’s health secretary, according to a person familiar with the office."

https://www.propublica.org/article/preet-bharara-fired-investigating-tom-price-hhs-stock-trading

The Chosen One
03-17-2017, 03:20 PM
:cooter:

57Brave
03-17-2017, 05:56 PM
Meet the most insufferable frat boy in human history.

https://thinkprogress.org/paul-ryan-says-he-fantasized-about-cutting-health-care-for-the-poor-at-his-college-keggers-7aa0accc928b#.r97f1cugv

Oklahomahawk
03-17-2017, 07:08 PM
Meet the most insufferable frat boy in human history.

https://thinkprogress.org/paul-ryan-says-he-fantasized-about-cutting-health-care-for-the-poor-at-his-college-keggers-7aa0accc928b#.r97f1cugv

See why I despise Congress as my Enemy #1?

57Brave
04-12-2017, 03:01 PM
http://images.dailykos.com/images/388419/story_image/GettyImages-664475142.jpg?1492022440Nothing says secure in your own position like being followed around by a team of your own special guards.

While the draft budget for the EPA obtained by the Washington Post this month shows massive cuts to environment, health, and climate change programs—including the elimination of a program to prevent childhood exposure to lead paint—it also includes a request to hire 10 additional security guards to create an around-the-clock personal security detail for Pruitt, the New York Times reports.

This Pruittorian Guard would be a first for an EPA director. In fact, it would be twice the size of the security staff for the whole agency. Just who is Pruitt worried about?

What security menace is Pruitt guarding against? According to Myron Ebell, who led Trump’s EPA transition team but is no longer employed by the administration, Pruitt is at risk from his own employees—and “the left.”

Ebell was all in favor of cutting the EPA by two-thirds, and would likely be open to the suggestion that the remaining one-third should be all security forces empowered to punch “the left.” Certainly it’s worth cutting programs like those that protect millions of kids from the real danger of lead so that Pruitt can feel secure against contact with dirty hippies.

And Pruitt isn’t the only one who is adding on some private muscle.

Similarly, security detail for education secretary Betsy DeVos has reached unprecedented levels: Typically, the secretary of education is guarded by about six agents from within the Department of Education. Since her contentious confirmation, DeVos has been under the protection of the US Marshals Service, costing $8 million over eight months.

57Brave
04-13-2017, 07:10 AM
Philip Rucker‏Verified account @PhilipRucker

Mar-a-Lago cited by health inspectors for undercooled meat and dangerous fish

This is how one runs a gambling house into bankruptcy

57Brave
04-14-2017, 11:22 AM
It’s Flip-Flop Week in the Trump White House, and in keeping with this theme Mike Pompeo used his first speech as CIA director to go after WikiLeaks, calling it “a non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia.”

“WikiLeaks walks like a hostile intelligence service and talks like a hostile intelligence service,” Pompeo said during his remarks at the Center for Strategic and International Studies on Thursday. He noted that the organization had encouraged people to steal CIA secrets (such as the recent revelation that they can hack your TV) and “it overwhelmingly focuses on the United States while seeking support from antidemocratic countries.”

Pompeo also took aim at WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, calling him “a narcissist who has created nothing of value,” as well as a “fraud” and “a coward hiding behind a screen.” “In Kansas, we know something about false wizards,” added Pompeo, who was a U.S. representative from the state until Trump tapped him to lead the CIA.

This certainly isn’t a strange view for a U.S. intelligence official, but it’s odd to hear it coming from Pompeo. As WikiLeaks pointed out, last summer he tweeted out a conservative blog post about the Democratic National Committee emails stolen by Russia and posted by WikiLeaks.

The tweet has since been deleted, and during his confirmation hearing in January Pompeo suggested he didn’t remember it.

Trump has made a similar but less dramatic shift. During the campaign he declared, “We love WikiLeaks,” and in January he appeared to side with Assange over the U.S. intelligence agencies regarding their conclusion that Russians hacked the DNC. Last month, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Americans should be “outraged” by the leak of CIA spying techniques, but Trump hasn’t explicitly condemned the group.

On Thursday Pompeo said his relationship with President Trump is “fantastic” despite his previous clash with intelligence agencies. “No, don’t laugh,” Pompeo said. “I mean that.”

-Margaret Hartmann

Oklahomahawk
04-15-2017, 01:21 AM
http://images.dailykos.com/images/388419/story_image/GettyImages-664475142.jpg?1492022440Nothing says secure in your own position like being followed around by a team of your own special guards.

While the draft budget for the EPA obtained by the Washington Post this month shows massive cuts to environment, health, and climate change programs—including the elimination of a program to prevent childhood exposure to lead paint—it also includes a request to hire 10 additional security guards to create an around-the-clock personal security detail for Pruitt, the New York Times reports.

This Pruittorian Guard would be a first for an EPA director. In fact, it would be twice the size of the security staff for the whole agency. Just who is Pruitt worried about?

What security menace is Pruitt guarding against? According to Myron Ebell, who led Trump’s EPA transition team but is no longer employed by the administration, Pruitt is at risk from his own employees—and “the left.”

Ebell was all in favor of cutting the EPA by two-thirds, and would likely be open to the suggestion that the remaining one-third should be all security forces empowered to punch “the left.” Certainly it’s worth cutting programs like those that protect millions of kids from the real danger of lead so that Pruitt can feel secure against contact with dirty hippies.

And Pruitt isn’t the only one who is adding on some private muscle.

Similarly, security detail for education secretary Betsy DeVos has reached unprecedented levels: Typically, the secretary of education is guarded by about six agents from within the Department of Education. Since her contentious confirmation, DeVos has been under the protection of the US Marshals Service, costing $8 million over eight months.

Aren't those Swiss guards like they use at the Vatican and didn't Michelangelo design those ugly assed outfits?

57Brave
04-15-2017, 08:04 AM
Yup

57Brave
04-17-2017, 10:33 AM
Trip Gabriel‏ @tripgabriel 3h3 hours ago

GOP lawmaker quite explicit on GA6 as a gerrymander: 'These lines were not drawn’ to elect Democrat @ossoff

57Brave
04-24-2017, 02:11 PM
“We're going to get paid for it one way or the other," Sessions said on ABC's This Week. "I know there's $4 billion a year in excess payments, according to the Department of the Treasury's own inspector general several years ago, that are going to payments to people — tax credits that they shouldn't get.”

"Now, these are mostly Mexicans," he continued. "And those kind of things add up — $4 billion a year for 10 years is $40 billion. There are a lot of ways we can find money to help pay for this."

Not only is this goblin racist as all hell, he has no clue what he’s talking about. First of all, the report he cites makes no mention of Mexicans, or any other nationality for that matter. According to the most recent data from Pew, Mexicans make up about half of the undocumented immigrant population in the U.S. But to Sessions and his white nationalist buddies, all undocumented immigrants are Mexicans. And if they’re all Mexicans, they must love their public benefits. Which brings up the second matter:

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/4/24/1655786/-Racist-as-all-hell-Sessions-Tax-credits-to-mostly-Mexicans-can-pay-for-the-wall#read-more

geez Hawk, how else would you know what when where and how ?

57Brave
05-05-2017, 06:59 AM
Bradley Goodson‏ @bradgoodson0
Replying to @rudepundit

Ivanka the new feminist icon? Isn't she a little busy being the meritless nepotism icon?

57Brave
05-05-2017, 12:11 PM
Rhea Butcher‏Verified account @RheaButcher 51m51 minutes ago

Here's feminist hero Ivanka Trump celebrating c-sections becoming a pre existing condition.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_E22HbVoAAccWx.jpg

57Brave
05-05-2017, 02:08 PM
Susan Davis‏Verified account @DaviSusan

Susan Davis Retweeted Dylan Scott

From a PR standpoint alone, odd choice not to include any of the 5 Republican women senators in this health care group

57Brave
05-09-2017, 09:03 AM
I get a real kick over Republican outsiders.
Because though Rep like Amash and Senators like McCain sell them selves as "rebels" or "mavericks" they seem to tow the party line.
Talk the talk.

But the walk the walk is a totally, a 180 degree turnaround.

Here is the lastest. Remember Ben Sasse and how he was opposed to Trump and gave speeches and released PR statements proclaiming his independence from party politics --- well, appears Trump hid his balls too
100% reliable

Don't take my word for it, 538 has compiled his votes.
We have a who what when where and the why is pretty obvious -- he got no spine. That is the generous interpretation

read for yourself
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-trump-score/ben-sasse/

at what point do people quit falling for this nonsense ?

57Brave
05-10-2017, 11:33 AM
of all the strangeness yesterday, this might be the most troubling

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/10/west-virginia-reporter-arrested-tom-price-healthcare-bill

57Brave
05-10-2017, 03:29 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_fe8SjXkAAJULj.jpg:large

For those keeping score Tom Price was the one who as a Congressman on the committee that oversaw pharmaceuticals used inside knowledge to buy and sell medicines.
Then lied about it under oath.

Remember when posters were tripping over themselves with self righteous judgement that HRC was " corrupt " for using her position to (in the primaries ) outflank Sen Sanders ?
Good times .

Would love to hear updates from those people on the nature of corruption.
Not holding my breath

57Brave
05-17-2017, 12:54 PM
In 1960 there wasn’t a single African-American registered to vote in Wilcox County Alabama where Jeff Sessions grew up

57Brave
05-23-2017, 07:10 PM
Peter Alexander‏Verified account @PeterAlexander

Sources familiar with decision confirm Trump is expected to retain Marc Kasowitz as private atty on matters related to Russia probe.

Jesse Rodriguez‏Verified account @JesseRodriguez 33m33 minutes ago

Jesse Rodriguez Retweeted Peter Alexander

Worth noting that Fmr Sen Joe Lieberman, who is in the running for FBI director, works at Kasowitz's law firm

57Brave
05-30-2017, 08:48 AM
LOLGOP‏ @LOLGOP 9m9 minutes ago

LOLGOP Retweeted Jim Roberts

Imagine fuming over college students wanting safe spaces and being fine with a cabinet secretary who won't answer basic questions.

57Brave
06-02-2017, 07:29 AM
Matthew Nussbaum‏Verified account @MatthewNussbaum

Seeing a bunch of conservative media tonight focus on liberal sadness over Paris--not policy or substance; just that it made other side sad

sturg33
06-02-2017, 08:20 AM
Matthew Nussbaum‏Verified account @MatthewNussbaum

Seeing a bunch of conservative media tonight focus on liberal sadness over Paris--not policy or substance; just that it made other side sad

I have yet to see a single substantive reason why we should have stayed.

Just that Trump is despicable and a loser .

57Brave
06-02-2017, 01:05 PM
you don't look very hard when information challenges your political views do you ?
On any subject

We taught our children. You don't get to publicly disagree with something you can't play devils advocate to.
Though I disagree with your points I fully understand the argument. Yes there is a substantial amount of money that will go into this and it may effect the fossil fuels plastics etc that go into my life . { Cost me money }
I simply disagree the cost outweighs the overwhelming scientific conclusion that we through our use of fossil fuels are destroying our planet
Which, kinda is the ultimate "free stuff" Earth. We get one. Generations after us get --- 1.
None of us had to give a dime for it

To disagree with the politics I can understand -- but to deny a substantive reason to stay in Paris Agreement is lunacy. Or sloth-en ignorance of the subject

from MIT
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-climatechange-trump-mit-idUSKBN18S6L0

from NASA
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-climatechange-trump-mit-idUSKBN18S6L0

The last number I saw was 97% of scientific community agree on what our conribution to Climate Change
97% !!!!!!!

57Brave
06-17-2017, 05:37 PM
Rando Savage‏ @robrousseau

2016: **** your feelings, Snowflake
2017: I found the latest Shakespeare in the park production quite untoward. I require a fainting couch

57Brave
06-25-2017, 05:07 PM
Media Matters‏Verified account @mmfa

Fox's Brit Hume: Even if the Trump campaign did collude with Russia, “it’s not a crime”

sturg33
06-25-2017, 08:43 PM
When are y'all gonna give up on the Russia collusion story?

57Brave
06-26-2017, 06:42 AM
when the investigation is concluded one way or the other

Runnin
06-26-2017, 08:12 AM
When are y'all gonna give up on the Russia collusion story?

After a couple of good books and movies on the subject I'm sure I'll get tired of it. But right now you have to admit that it's a rather gripping historical development, even if, or maybe especially if T and the GOP can get the investigation halted and swept away.

sturg33
06-26-2017, 08:14 AM
After 8 months of investigating you haven't found a single shred of evidence.

57Brave
06-26-2017, 01:46 PM
https://www.axios.com/funding-for-trump-hotel-traces-back-to-russian-state-run-bank-2411491253.html

57Brave
06-26-2017, 07:24 PM
After 8 months of investigating you haven't found a single shred of evidence.

Why did Flynn,Sessions,Trump etal lie about this?

Why did Trump open himself up to Obstruction of Justice ---
tax returns

And this is what we know.

What a stupid comment not a "shred of evidence"

Reports are the collusion was giving access to voter data.
Any deal made with a foreign entity is "collusion" methinks

57Brave
06-26-2017, 07:26 PM
Robert Reich
6 hrs ·

Connect these dots:

1. Today's Washington Post reports that Jared Kushner's $285 million Deutsche Bank loan was approved just before Election Day -- when Kushner was playing a key role in the campaign of his father-in-law, Donald Trump.

2. At that time, Deutsche Bank was negotiating to settle charges from New York state regulators that it aided a Russian money-laundering scheme. The cases were settled in December and January.

3. Deutsche Bank is known for its connections with Russian oligarchs. The Guardian reports that Deutsche Bank paid $630 million in fines for failing to prevent $10 billion in Russian money laundering between 2012 and 2015.

4. Deutsche Bank is Trump’s biggest lender. The bank supplied funds to him when other banks balked at the risk. As of last year, Trump’s companies had about $364 million in outstanding debts to the bank.

Were Russian oligarchs channeling money to Trump and Kushner through Deutsche Bank?

What do you think?

57Brave
06-26-2017, 08:51 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/kushner-firms-285-million-deutsche-bank-loan-came-just-before-election-day/2017/06/25/984f3acc-4f88-11e7-b064-828ba60fbb98_story.html?utm_term=.4cf62b726858

57Brave
06-29-2017, 09:35 AM
LOLGOP‏ @LOLGOP 1m1 minute ago

New Netflix Series:

Young John McCain

Watch overeager @BenSasse vividly condemn Trump's comments while supporting Trump's entire agenda

These guys like Sasse and Amash remind me of when Jack Johnson won and held Heavyweight Championship.
I'm sure people know where I'm going with this.

and if you don't, look it up

57Brave
07-03-2017, 07:16 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDyGNSRUMAAZY4c.jpg:large

Christie ordered beaches closed down due to a gov shutdown. Today, he and his family enjoyed a state beach alone http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/07/christie_pictured_at_island_beach_state_park_durin .html …

Hawk
07-03-2017, 07:28 AM
As if Christie's 'legacy' in New Jersey needed a cherry on top.

If I lived there I would storm the beach and go all Ahab on that great white whale.

Disgraceful.

57Brave
07-03-2017, 07:45 AM
Disgraceful.

Deplorable ?

sturg33
07-03-2017, 08:56 AM
These guys like Sasse and Amash remind me of when Jack Johnson won and held Heavyweight Championship.

Tell me more about Amash, please. by my count, he's been consistently critical and has rarely voted with the president.

Or, does the one vote on health care doom hm for the rest of his career in your eyes? If so, I'd be curious if you've given the same level of scrutiny to your friends on the left

57Brave
07-03-2017, 10:02 AM
I will humor you.

Amash has had one crucial vote and caved.
He seems good at being disappointed and concerned and sometimes downright perturbed but the end of the day he has had one vote that mattered and toed the party line
My guess is the only way he breaks ranks , ever, is if the vote is secured and he is given the go ahead by party and Koch to be a PR rebel. Ala McCain

In (D) primaries I voted for Obama and Sanders based on HRC's Iraq vote.
Same with Kerry.

To this day both are not my cup of tea based on their Iraq vote.
Bear in mind I lived in Florida where one of our Senators sat on Intel Committee and publicly stated that more scrutiny should be given to Bush 43's request .
In my mind both Kerry and Clinton flunked that test.

For context 2 US Senators voted against the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution.
Bonus points to anyone that can name even one

sturg33
07-03-2017, 10:23 AM
If you want to reduce his entire career to that singular vote, then all the power to you and I'll remember that for every candidate you ever support.

He gave a thoughtful, rational reason for it. And I still disagree with him for pulling the trigger on it.

57Brave
07-03-2017, 10:43 AM
You asked if I would hold the same standard to candidates (party) I voted for and said yes. and gave not only one but 4 examples

To be clear, I today see no scenario where I would vote for Amash for anything. I am not a (R) and don't live in his state or district. If he ran for national office I see no path of agreement
We disagree up and down the line, on everything.

Plus after saying he wouldn't cave, he caved. His balls belong to the Kochs

sturg33
07-03-2017, 11:39 AM
You asked if I would hold the same standard to candidates (party) I voted for and said yes. and gave not only one but 4 examples

To be clear, I today see no scenario where I would vote for Amash for anything. I am not a (R) and don't live in his state or district. If he ran for national office I see no path of agreement
We disagree up and down the line, on everything.

Plus after saying he wouldn't cave, he caved. His balls belong to the Kochs

You have voted for HRC when she has made dreadful votes. Just be consistent

Hawk
07-03-2017, 11:50 AM
The back story on those legendary Christie pics:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2017/07/how_we_outsmarted_chris_christie_and_caught_him_su .html

What a colossal moron. I mean, I support the reasons behind the shutdowns in New Jersey and Maine, but atleast LePage had the common sense to exempt state parks/beaches for the holiday. Christie botched the opportunity to win some good will back by following suit, instead adding significant insult to injury by cluelessly parading his family out on a public beach closed to the public ... by his doing. The pictures portray him in breathtakingly elitist form (among other shapes).

If there was ever a sliver of hope for him to emerge as a legitimate public candidate of any sort in the future he just absolutely smothered it.

sturg33
07-03-2017, 11:59 AM
I've never understood why a government has the right to tell people they can't go on to a beach.

Hawk
07-03-2017, 12:14 PM
I've never understood why a government has the right to tell people they can't go on to a beach.

Better yet, why are Americans such sheeple when it comes to issues like this? It's a publicly funded beach, there isn't any sort of imminent danger (like a shark infestation or bacteria growth). No reasonable explanation for it needing to be shuttered on a holiday weekend. Yet, it is - and everybody collectively broods but ultimately won't do **** about it. So it'll happen again under circumstances equally as trivial.

Krgrecw
07-03-2017, 12:40 PM
Better yet, why are Americans such sheeple when it comes to issues like this? It's a publicly funded beach, there isn't any sort of imminent danger (like a shark infestation or bacteria growth). No reasonable explanation for it needing to be shuttered on a holiday weekend. Yet, it is - and everybody collectively broods but ultimately won't do **** about it. So it'll happen again under circumstances equally as trivial.

We live in a litigious world. If the state can't afford to pay for lifeguards what do you think will happen if someone drowns on that public beach?

Hawk
07-03-2017, 12:56 PM
We live in a litigious world. If the state can't afford to pay for lifeguards what do you think will happen if someone drowns on that public beach?

Whatever state that can't afford to pay 3 teenagers minimum wage to lifeguard a mile of beachfront (for a holiday weekend, no less) should be booted from the Union. You are right, though ... we live in a litigious country ... and that's why comprehensive tort reform from the top down is long overdue.

When it's easier to close an entire state park than rely on posted signage warning against the dangers of swimming then you've got to admit there's a kind of sad problem afoot.

57Brave
07-03-2017, 02:05 PM
You have voted for HRC when she has made dreadful votes. Just be consistent

The choice was Trump.
Who was it that said"consistancy is the hobgoblin of small minds '

Consistancy is boring

Krgrecw
07-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Whatever state that can't afford to pay 3 teenagers minimum wage to lifeguard a mile of beachfront (for a holiday weekend, no less) should be booted from the Union. You are right, though ... we live in a litigious country ... and that's why comprehensive tort reform from the top down is long overdue.

When it's easier to close an entire state park than rely on posted signage warning against the dangers of swimming then you've got to admit there's a kind of sad problem afoot.

I agree with you. If everyone just went to the beach tomorrow. They'd have to open it.

goldfly
07-03-2017, 03:58 PM
there is no way to close a beach. it's going to be a beach every single day till the sun explodes in a few billion years

57Brave
08-06-2017, 08:03 PM
https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/mcconnell-linked-superpac-says-its-all-in-for-heller