PDA

View Full Version : Beginning to End Albums

zitothebrave
09-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Not necessarily the greatest albums list, but what are some albums you can listen to from start to finish and not skip a single song? I'll count EPs as well.

Jar of Flies - Alice in Chains. So good

Moving Pictures - Rush. Though I'll admit sometimes I skip some songs that come up there isn't a bad one in the lot.

The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden. Again admittingly there are some I'll skip when I'm shuffle listening to my playlist sometimes but not a bad song

Master of Puppets - Metallica

Ride the Lightning - Metallica - Shame they went down hill so fast, those 2 albums are truly legendary.

Nevermind - Nirvana

Ten - Pearl Jam

Dark Side of the Moon - Floyd. While I sometimes skip a song here or there on playlist shuffles, not a bad song in the lot. I'm not putting the Wall here, no matter what the gripes are there are songs on the Wall I don't like. Also Shine on You Crazy Diamond sucks or Wish You Were Here would be on the list.

Temple of the Dog - Temple of the Dog

Contraband - Velvet Revolver. Sad that for how awesome this Album was, Libertad was as mediocre.

Led Zeppelin listoff here

Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin III, Led Zeppelin IV, and Houses of the Holy.

Physical Graffiti didn't quite make the LZ cut.

And lastly you had to know this was coming, Born to Run - The Boss.

thethe
09-11-2013, 05:56 PM
I'll go back to my childhood. I really loved the Marshall Mathers LP. That **** was gold.

BRule
09-11-2013, 06:20 PM
Even though I don't like Jay-Z, now....Reasonable Doubt.

CyYoung31
09-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Pretty much every album I own, otherwise I wouldn't buy it.

Krgrecw
09-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Blood Sugar Sex Magik- the first true rock/rap record. awesome

Appetite-
How can anyone 'rock' fan omit this album?

zitothebrave
09-11-2013, 07:37 PM
I don't like Anything Goes and i'm not crazy for Rocket Queen. Hence why it isn't a beginning to end for me.

Also i don't think Blood Sugar Sex Magik was a true rap rock album. I don't consider RHCP a rap/rock band, they have some rap/rock songs, but Rush also had a Rap Album, doesn't mean they're in that group. Even at that, License to Ill came out before BSSM.

Krgrecw
09-12-2013, 12:37 AM
there's no full length album that's perfect from front to back. All albums have fillers. The temple record had a few crap songs.

When radio gives more than half the tracks on an album airplay like they did on appetite that's pretty good. that's a solid record

zitothebrave
09-12-2013, 07:09 AM
Only song I don't regularly listen to off Temple of the Dog is Times of Trouble, because Footsteps is so much better and when I hear that guitar riff I only want to hear Footsteps but it's still a good song.

ESP47
09-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Even though I don't like Jay-Z, now....Reasonable Doubt.

What's it like going through life only listening to **** music?

BRule
09-12-2013, 09:57 AM
What's it like going through life only listening to **** music?

Keep those red-hot zingers coming bro, you're hilarious and clever......SOOOOOO CLEVER.....I mean, how in the **** did you come up with that joke? Did it just come to you? Like, maybe in a dream? Or does God speak to you? ....There's no way you stole that joke, because NO ONE has ever said that before. Seriously dude, I am writing fox, fx, fxx, cbs, nbc and every other station I can think of and sending them this thread and that joke and I am telling them, they NEED to give you your own show. You would CRUSH it.

I just read the joke for a 23rd time and it STILL has be cracking up........Dude said, "What's it like going through life only listening to ****ty music" OMG YOU GOT ALL OF THE LULZ......SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY.

Thank you so much, never have I laughed SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard in all of my laugh.

Rap music being ****ty, so clever, so funny, so edgy, don't ever change, don't ever give in the public outcry of your jokes crossing lines, dont, EVER, change....keep that good **** coming.

thethe
09-12-2013, 10:02 AM
I actually wished I listed to more music other than rap growing up. I missed out on a lot. 90's rock was awesome and the bands from the 70's are great to listen to as well.

Not sure why I liked it so much. I guess rap was just extremely catchy.

ESP47
09-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Keep those red-hot zingers coming bro, you're hilarious and clever......SOOOOOO CLEVER.....I mean, how in the **** did you come up with that joke? Did it just come to you? Like, maybe in a dream? Or does God speak to you? ....There's no way you stole that joke, because NO ONE has ever said that before. Seriously dude, I am writing fox, fx, fxx, cbs, nbc and every other station I can think of and sending them this thread and that joke and I am telling them, they NEED to give you your own show. You would CRUSH it.

I just read the joke for a 23rd time and it STILL has be cracking up........Dude said, "What's it like going through life only listening to ****ty music" OMG YOU GOT ALL OF THE LULZ......SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY.

Thank you so much, never have I laughed SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard in all of my laugh.

Rap music being ****ty, so clever, so funny, so edgy, don't ever change, don't ever give in the public outcry of your jokes crossing lines, dont, EVER, change....keep that good **** coming.

This folks, is how your kids are going to turn out if they end up thinking a Jay Z album is the best album ever.

BRule
09-12-2013, 04:26 PM
This folks, is how your kids are going to turn out if they end up thinking a Jay Z album is the best album ever.

This is what happens when you raise your kids to be elitist know-it-alls.

Should probably read what the OP said before spouting off again.

Not necessarily the greatest albums list, but what are some albums you can listen to from start to finish and not skip a single song? I'll count EPs as well.

Good day.

bravesnumberone
09-12-2013, 04:32 PM

Jar of Flies - Alice in Chains. So good

Moving Pictures - Rush. Though I'll admit sometimes I skip some songs that come up there isn't a bad one in the lot.

The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden. Again admittingly there are some I'll skip when I'm shuffle listening to my playlist sometimes but not a bad song

Master of Puppets - Metallica

Ride the Lightning - Metallica - Shame they went down hill so fast, those 2 albums are truly legendary.

Nevermind - Nirvana

Ten - Pearl Jam

Dark Side of the Moon - Floyd. While I sometimes skip a song here or there on playlist shuffles, not a bad song in the lot. I'm not putting the Wall here, no matter what the gripes are there are songs on the Wall I don't like. Also Shine on You Crazy Diamond sucks or Wish You Were Here would be on the list.

Temple of the Dog - Temple of the Dog

Contraband - Velvet Revolver. Sad that for how awesome this Album was, Libertad was as mediocre.

Led Zeppelin listoff here

Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin III, Led Zeppelin IV, and Houses of the Holy.

Physical Graffiti didn't quite make the LZ cut.

And lastly you had to know this was coming, Born to Run - The Boss.

Born to Run is gold. The Boss's first two albums are more unheralded, but still very good.

ESP47
09-12-2013, 05:18 PM
This is what happens when you raise your kids to be elitist know-it-alls.

Should probably read what the OP said before spouting off again.

Good day.

My initial comment was just friendly ribbing...which is what people normally do on this board. I'll be sure to take into consideration your sensitive feelings and your tender vagina before spouting off the next time.

Rap is crap.

BlackwaterPark
09-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Korn - Korn
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Opeth - Still Life
Stone Sour - Stone Sour
Slipknot - Slipknot
Dry Cell - Disconnected

Gary82
09-12-2013, 07:55 PM

wwwhhhhhaaaaattttt???????? GTFO

zitothebrave
09-12-2013, 08:28 PM
wwwhhhhhaaaaattttt???????? GTFO

Sorry to burst your Floyd nerd bubble but it does.

Gary82
09-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Sorry to burst your Floyd nerd bubble but it does.

Wrong.

I will step on the controversial train and say, I'd get along just peachy without hearing wish you were here (song) ever again.

CyYoung31
09-12-2013, 11:59 PM
Wrong.

I will step on the controversial train and say, I'd get along just peachy without hearing wish you were here (song) ever again.

But let's be honest, that's only because it's over played.

Gary82
09-13-2013, 06:41 AM
But let's be honest, that's only because it's over played.

Yes. Radio has ruined several songs and many bands because of this.

zitothebrave
09-13-2013, 06:51 AM
Wrong.

Shine on is 26 minutes of eh. it isn't a dislike of long songs either. As I greatly enjoy songs such as 2112, A Change of Seasons, The End, Maggot Brain, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, and many others. Shine on is just too long and boring. I mean I guess saying it sucks is too harsh as it isn't total **** like pop country. But it's vastly overrated and compared to the other tracks from WYWH it doesn't stand up.

As far as the title track goes, I think your opinion on that has to do with in general how often you hear it not of your choice. By that I mean on the radio, with friends, etc.It's the same basic reason so many Pearl Jam nerds hate Ten and pretend to like **** like Binaural.

weso1
09-13-2013, 06:56 AM
I agree with some Zito choices... Here are some I would add.

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Smashing Pumpkins - Oceania
Radiohead - The Bends
Radiohead - OK Computer
Radiohead - Pablo Honey

Gary82
09-13-2013, 07:19 AM
Shine on is 26 minutes of eh. it isn't a dislike of long songs either. As I greatly enjoy songs such as 2112, A Change of Seasons, The End, Maggot Brain, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, and many others. Shine on is just too long and boring. I mean I guess saying it sucks is too harsh as it isn't total **** like pop country. But it's vastly overrated and compared to the other tracks from WYWH it doesn't stand up.

As far as the title track goes, I think your opinion on that has to do with in general how often you hear it not of your choice. By that I mean on the radio, with friends, etc.It's the same basic reason so many Pearl Jam nerds hate Ten and pretend to like **** like Binaural.

It's all cool dude. I speak largely tongue-in-cheek. Not everyone's gonna dig the same music.

btw kudos to you for listing jar of flies.

zitothebrave
09-13-2013, 08:05 AM
It's all cool dude. I speak largely tongue-in-cheek. Not everyone's gonna dig the same music.

btw kudos to you for listing jar of flies.

Well how could someone not list Jar of Flies? Jar of Flies is exceptional.

I did forget an EP, Merkinball, but that's kind of cheating since there's only 2 songs on there.

jpx7
09-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Pretty much every album I own, otherwise I wouldn't buy it.

I'm with you.

But, by way of having something else to add, I'll use this space to rep AmpLive's Rainydayz Remixes, which you can download for free here (http://www.onesevensevensix.com/amplive/), which is constituted of eight tracks "composed exclusively of source material pulled from In Rainbows, re-envisioned by AmpLive and complimented by vocal work from Too $hort, MC Zumbi of Zion I, Chali2na of Jurassic 5, Codany Holiday, and Del The Funky Homosapien", and which is plunking awesome.

Krgrecw
09-13-2013, 03:13 PM
SAP is better than Jar of Flies.

zitothebrave
09-13-2013, 04:18 PM
SAP is better than Jar of Flies.

Sap is awesome. But Jar of Flies is the ish.

rniki10
09-14-2013, 01:25 AM
I didn't really listen to albums as a kid or teen. Not sure why. Even if I bought the album I wouldn't listen to all of it. I do now though. My list:

Nevermind - Nirvana
In Utero - Nirvana (I know this isn't true for most people)
The Colour and the Shape - Foo Fighters
Aha Shake Heartbreak -Kings of Leon

There are other albums that enjoy all the way through but these are the ones that I sit back listen to the whole thing atleast once a week.

bravesnumberone
09-14-2013, 10:09 AM
I didn't really listen to albums as a kid or teen. Not sure why. Even if I bought the album I wouldn't listen to all of it. I do now though. My list:

Nevermind - Nirvana
In Utero - Nirvana (I know this isn't true for most people)
The Colour and the Shape - Foo Fighters
Aha Shake Heartbreak -Kings of Leon

There are other albums that enjoy all the way through but these are the ones that I sit back listen to the whole thing atleast once a week.

Ditto. Youth and Young Manhood too.

rniki10
09-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Ditto. Youth and Young Manhood too.
I may or may not have a lyric from that album tattooed on my back. ;)