De La Cruz 1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER(2R), 1 BB, 0 K
Chapman 2 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
Peterson 1 IP, 2 H, 0ER(2R), 0 BB, 0 K
Braves make 4 errors

Albies 2-5, 3B, R, RBI, SB
Ruiz 1-5, RBI
Camargo HBP in first, left game
Avery 1-3, 2 R, 2B, SB, BB

LINK (http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2017_04_08_dubaaa_gwiaaa_1&t=g_box&sid=milb)

CLASS AA

Jacksonville 6, Mississippi 1

LP: Allard (0-1) 5 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 5 K, HR
Mader 2 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
Pfeifer 1 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
Phillips 1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K

Franco 2-3
Curcio 1-3
Reed Harper 0-0, RBI

LINK (http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2017_04_08_jaxaax_msbaax_1&t=g_box&sid=milb)

ADVANCED CLASS A

Florida 4, Daytona 1

WP: Harrington (1-0) 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K
Webb 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 0 K
McLaughlin (Save, 1) 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K

Castro 2-2, RBI, HBP
Morales 1-4, RBI
Riley 1-4, R, RBI
A. Jackson 2-4, 2B, R, RBI (DH)
Acuna 0-4, R, SB

LINK (http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2017_04_08_dbcafa_floafa_1&t=g_box&sid=milb)

CLASS A

Rome 8, West Virginia 3

SP: Walker 4 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, HR
WP: Burrows (1-0) 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K
Matos 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K
McCreery 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K

Concepcion 3-5, HR (1st), 3 RBI
Herbert 2-5, R, RBI
Cruz 1-3, 2B, R, 3 RBI, 2 E (SS)
Yepez 1-5, R, RBI
Seymour 2-3, 2B, R, BB, SAC
Murphy 2-4, 2 2B, BB

LINK (http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2017_04_08_romafx_wvaafx_1&t=g_box&sid=milb)

All times Eastern

rico43
04-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Since we LOVE second-guessing comments on this site....

As first impressions go, Max Povse could not have done much better. The Mariners' No. 6 prospect carried a no-hit bid into the sixth Friday before giving up two hits over seven scoreless innings in Double-A Arkansas 6-1 victory over Corpus Christi at Dickey-Stephens Park.
Making his first regular-season start in Seattle's organization after an offseason trade from Atlanta, the right-hander set down the first 12 batters before issuing a leadoff walk to Jon Singleton in the fifth. Povse (1-0) then retired the next five batters. "I just tried to keep making pitches," he said. "My defense played unbelievable behind me tonight. I'll give a big shout-out to them."

50PoundHead
04-08-2017, 03:16 PM
Rome up 7-3 in the 7th. Concepcion with a 2-run HR. Tanner Murphy with 2 2Bs. Jeremy Walker started. 4 IP, 3 ER, 1 HR, 2 K, 2 BB.

Deester11
04-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Since we LOVE second-guessing comments on this site....

As first impressions go, Max Povse could not have done much better. The Mariners' No. 6 prospect carried a no-hit bid into the sixth Friday before giving up two hits over seven scoreless innings in Double-A Arkansas 6-1 victory over Corpus Christi at Dickey-Stephens Park.
Making his first regular-season start in Seattle's organization after an offseason trade from Atlanta, the right-hander set down the first 12 batters before issuing a leadoff walk to Jon Singleton in the fifth. Povse (1-0) then retired the next five batters. "I just tried to keep making pitches," he said. "My defense played unbelievable behind me tonight. I'll give a big shout-out to them."

I'm sure he'll have a good career..but I'm not upset still and I watched him a lot in Rome on up. I know it may not pan out but I like the gamble we tried. I wish him well.

CJ9
04-08-2017, 04:13 PM
I'm sure he'll have a good career..but I'm not upset still and I watched him a lot in Rome on up. I know it may not pan out but I like the gamble we tried. I wish him well.

Agreed.

CJ9
04-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Tweet from someone there:

#Braves LHP Drew Harrington quietly puts a 6 IP 0R 3H 1BB 3K line w/ 9 groundouts. Lots of weak contact. Strong c&c profile.

Pachoo
04-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Baseball America posted their annual youngest player in each league article:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/whos-youngest-league-opening-day-2017/#t3ILlH4RRZAuPd8I.97

Albies is easily the youngest player in AAA, almost a full year younger than the next youngest guy.

Allard and Soroka are the two youngest players in AA as well, by a pretty easy margin.

Acuna, Riley and Sanchez are in the High-A list while And Pache, Cruz and Anderson in the Low-A list. Braves have young guys throughout the levels.

Pachoo
04-08-2017, 05:37 PM

Yep, agreed. I like the trade because we sold two lower ceiling guys for a potential high ceiling guy but with a lower probability of working out (the guys we traded had a higher floor). I don't think Povse projects to anything more than a solid 3 or 4 in a rotation while Alex Jackson has the potential to be a pretty valuable catcher if he can remember how to catch. He is hitting fairly well so far.

Enscheff
04-08-2017, 06:19 PM
Nothing more than a 3 or 4 starter? Do you understand how valuable 6 years of control over that kind of pitcher is?

If the Braves think he projects as a mid rotation starter and still traded him for a project OF/C they all deserve to be fired.

Povse projects as a AAAA arm or swing man in the BP. That's why the trade was OK.

Deester11
04-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Nothing more than a 3 or 4 starter? Do you understand how valuable 6 years of control over that kind of pitcher is?

If the Braves think he projects as a mid rotation starter and still traded him for a project OF/C they all deserve to be fired.

Povse projects as a AAAA arm or swing man in the BP. That's why the trade was OK.
Point is still that it is a gamble. I'm tired of safe because it's gotten us no potential game changers over the last few years. I say let it play out. I agree about control but it's moot until it's reality on both ends.

rico43
04-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Does anyone have details on Camargo injury?

Pachoo
04-08-2017, 10:32 PM

You realize we have a couple of dozen potential 3 and 4 starters in our system, right? Those aren't that hard to find, compared to a potential starting catcher, especially in our catcher barren system. And, really, are Povse's chances to be a real every day 3 or 4 starters in the majors all that high? I'd give it less than 30% to 40% chance. We have dozens of guys with Povse's potential in our system already.

thethe
04-09-2017, 02:20 AM
Teams like the braves need to take chances like Alex jackson.

zbhargrove
04-09-2017, 05:51 AM
A change of scenery and an attitude change may make Alex Jackson a steal. Sounds like he's been a hard worker thus far and no reports of his previous immature behavior. But it's still early.

zbhargrove
04-09-2017, 05:52 AM
Nice to see Allard perform very well in his first start after skipping a level as a 19 year old

Chico
04-09-2017, 06:38 AM
Im liking the good starts for Jackson and Herbert

striker42
04-09-2017, 06:39 AM
Is Braxton Davidson hurt or is he just starting to lose playing time?

When I look at Davidson I remember why we draft pitchers so often.

mqt
04-09-2017, 07:09 AM
If Jackson and Riley continue to do better than expected and the Gohara we saw on Thursday is who he is going forward, the Florida team might be the best group of talent we have in our system right now.

bravesfanMatt
04-09-2017, 07:24 AM
Nice to see Allard perform very well in his first start after skipping a level as a 19 year old

I listened to his start. Definitely not great but he pitched well. His defense let him down. Bad throw by catcher. Easy double play only getting one out instead. But he did have some balls that got ripped but just foul too. I think his curve was not locating like he wanted.

bravesfanMatt
04-09-2017, 07:25 AM
If Jackson and Riley continue to do better than expected and the Gohara we saw on Thursday is who he is going forward, the Florida team might be the best group of talent we have in our system right now.

I have listened to Rome twice. That is a good team. No power in lineup really but speed up and down. And great pitching through out.

Deester11
04-09-2017, 08:11 AM
I have listened to Rome twice. That is a good team. No power in lineup really but speed up and down. And great pitching through out.
I'll be at the home opener Thursday for the fourth straight year...I'm excited

bravesfanMatt
04-09-2017, 08:46 AM
I'll be at the home opener Thursday for the fourth straight year...I'm excited

Enjoy. Should be a fun team to watch. Solid defense. Gwinnett is the only team disappointing me right now and that is because Blair and Wisler laid fat eggs. I liked the Newk start.

zbhargrove
04-09-2017, 09:26 AM
I listened to his start. Definitely not great but he pitched well. His defense let him down. Bad throw by catcher. Easy double play only getting one out instead. But he did have some balls that got ripped but just foul too. I think his curve was not locating like he wanted.

Yeah but it's tough to deny a pretty positive sign when skips a whole level that young

bravesfanMatt
04-09-2017, 09:50 AM
Yeah but it's tough to deny a pretty positive sign when skips a whole level that young

This

smootness
04-09-2017, 10:36 AM
The Braves have clearly bought into going young. We are constantly going really young even for HSers in the draft, and we've been aggressive in promoting the young guys. I like it.

chipchildress
04-09-2017, 12:05 PM
Teams like the braves need to take chances like Alex jackson.

players with bad attitudes and no position?

people laughed when i said this was going to haunt the braves for decades. the only thing that has happened since i've said that is povse has started to emerge as what i told you he would become. and he's just getting started.

at least the braves have a catcher who can't catch in an era where having a catcher know how to catch is relatively important.

bravesfanMatt
04-09-2017, 12:11 PM
Prospect alert. Listening to Gwinnett and Sims is on today. He has come out throwing strikes.

Deester11
04-09-2017, 12:19 PM

people laughed when i said this was going to haunt the braves for decades. the only thing that has happened since i've said that is povse has started to emerge as what i told you he would become. and he's just getting started.

at least the braves have a catcher who can't catch in an era where having a catcher know how to catch is relatively important.

Emerge? So he's already made it? I didn't know. The Braves way has been boring to the point of taking lesser talent and there's reason to lament taking a chance on a player like Jackson? I don't see it. Can you link all of the bad attitude articles on Jackson so I can lump him in the bust bin?

I don't care what Povse does. We have 10 more in the system like him. We couldn't say that three short years ago.

Managuarantano's Volunteers
04-09-2017, 12:33 PM

Glad to see Gohara is a #1 starter right now too and that we were right to trade Mallex for him.

That Fried kid looks like he's already done. We'll be lucky if we can trade him for a guy like Williams Perez now.

bravesfanMatt
04-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Sims is in complete control. Only walk was nibbling to get behind 2-0 then worked it full. Fouled off few pitches then left one high. Wow. Lane just hit an inside the Parker. Ozzie follows with a ripped double.

nsacpi
04-09-2017, 01:15 PM
Albies getting going.

bravesfanMatt
04-09-2017, 01:36 PM
Sims lost it in the sixth. He gave up
A run on a strike out pass ball. Stolen base then base hit. Walked 2
In sixth and getting pulled. Really good start
For young man.

msstate7
04-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Withrow working on something special in Mississippi

bravesfanMatt
04-09-2017, 02:17 PM
Withrow working on something special in Mississippi

I switched to Rome game. Holy cow. There might be 30 Ks between to 2 pitchers.

CJ9
04-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Ian Anderson done after 4.2 innings, allowed one run and had 8 Ks. Only negative was three walks, but I think they all came in one inning.

bravesfanMatt
04-09-2017, 02:36 PM
Ian Anderson done after 4.2 innings, allowed one run and had 8 Ks. Only negative was three walks, but I think they all came in one inning.

Yup. He struggled a bit with command first two innings. But dominated after that. Hard pitch count at 80 so pulled with 2
Outs in 4th.

bravesfanMatt
04-09-2017, 02:57 PM
I switched to Rome game. Holy cow. There might be 30 Ks between to 2 pitchers.

25 Ks through 6.

zbhargrove
04-09-2017, 03:24 PM

Jackson looking pretty damn good at the plate thus far. And for a guy back at C for the first time in 3-4 years, a slow start defensively is expected. You're so emotional about this and it's weird. We have like 20 pitchers better than Povse and this guy could be a difference maker if he puts it all together. There are also reports that his attitude has done a complete 180 which also could possible after experiencing failure and I don't know... growing older than 17-18? But I'm sure you know more about him than the Braves and the reporters

Deester11
04-09-2017, 03:34 PM
Jackson looking pretty damn good at the plate thus far. And for a guy back at C for the first time in 3-4 years, a slow start defensively is expected. You're so emotional about this and it's weird. We have like 20 pitchers better than Povse and this guy could be a difference maker if he puts it all together. There are also reports that his attitude has done a complete 180 which also could possible after experiencing failure and I don't know... growing older than 17-18? But I'm sure you know more about him than the Braves and the reporters
Exactly.

bravesfanMatt
04-09-2017, 03:37 PM
25 Ks through 6.

31 and counting.