PDA

View Full Version : Ios7

Krgrecw
09-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Anyone: like it? Love it? Hate it?

GMAJAH25
09-18-2013, 10:33 PM
Seems ok so far.

Since i've had my phone so long the new look to it is the nicest thing about it so far. Dont really notice much functional difference.

zitothebrave
09-18-2013, 10:50 PM
I've played a little with it. They've made some long overdue improvements like being able to quickly toggle WiFi, Bluetooth, etc. I'm not a can of the notification bar. I think they outthought themselves a little. For starters having to pull twice to get it at times? That's weird. Second is the separation. I think it's a good idea but implemented poorly. Like you can only get the weather on Today. Shouldn't be that way. Also weather is overly complex. Instead of having a picture of a sun/clouds/rain whatever it reads it like it's the weather channel. Kinda cool to know info but 90% of the time you just want to see what the temp outside is.

I also have to say I'm not a fan of their newly redesigned app appearances. I think gamecenter is comical, Stocks looks more like a heart monitor. I liked their old apps, but I can understand they may have felt they needed to not just change the OS look and leave the look of the icons the same. So I won't harp on that too much.

Overall I think it's a step in the right direction. Apple is finally stepping up to the plate to do battle with Android by offering a more 2010s experience. Will be interested in seeing Kit Kat now and what google has in store. Jelly Bean didn't bring too much new (aside from Google now and the improved voice which do rock) aside from making Android super fast. Rumors circulating around that bad boy is that it may be used to create even lower cost devices and help bridge the gap in getting everyone to Android 4+ Of course the carriers and the manufacturers still create a problem with that.

gilesfan
09-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Kgrew, I have a 4s. I'm due for an upgrade...should I upgrade to 5c for $99?

zitothebrave
09-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Kgrew, I have a 4s. I'm due for an upgrade...should I upgrade to 5c for $99?

If your Verizon store still has a 5 get that instead. Same price and better quality

Krgrecw
09-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Giles can you afford the 5s? Getting a lot of great reviews from tech sites.

I agree with Zito to go with the 5 over 5c if you can. You can probably get both for $0.

I'd go with the 5s if you could afford it. Better camera, 2x as fast as the 5, the M7 (motion sensor that doesn't drain the battery) is going to be a big hit (see the new nike plus app) and the finger print scanner makes the phone fully secured. I expect that with Apples alliances soon you'll be able to scan your phone and use it as a debate card which will probably only be enabled on fingerprint phones due to extra security.

Also wouldn't be surprised if the 5s is listed $149 at places.

zitothebrave
09-19-2013, 11:43 AM
m7 is cool. Same idea Motorola is doing. The 2X thing is largely marketing. I doubt the processor is actually 2 times faster and it's including graphics processing that as well so who knows how much faster it is in application.

Also the rumor with the fingerprint and payment is that will likely be iOS8 that comes out. The 5S is positioned similar to the 4S was with Siri. Not ready for primetime but capable for when primetime rolls around.

BRule
09-19-2013, 04:07 PM
The look took a little getting used to but so far, so good and a definite upgrade.

Bj1133
09-19-2013, 05:57 PM
I've got no complaints so far

Tapate50
09-23-2013, 08:55 AM
Ive got one. The new update on my ipad makes safari pretty much unuseable. It never loads a page. Other than that...solid.

I turned of Safari in Cloud as well if anyone thinks that was the issue. Chrome works, but some sites make it crash.

sturg33
09-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Looks to me like they just copied android.

BlackwaterPark
09-23-2013, 10:04 AM
I really like it a lot. Nice fresh new look, I like it more the more I use it

mossy
09-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Ive got one. The new update on my ipad makes safari pretty much unuseable. It never loads a page. Other than that...solid.

I turned of Safari in Cloud as well if anyone thinks that was the issue. Chrome works, but some sites make it crash.

What about Mercury Pro, or Puffin? I much prefer those to Safari due to functionality, plays flash for the most part.

So far I love IOS7. My one criticism is it's a year too late. Like the iPhone 6. Please Apple, give me a bigger phone I don't have to squint at.