PDA

View Full Version : I mean really

Blumpkin
09-21-2013, 01:18 PM
How in the hell can you sound this good in the studio? Amazing how bad our ears get accustomed to the majority of the auto tuned **** today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izq-B50k0-Y

Gary82
09-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Auto tune has its place, but I prefer no auto tune on rock. That inexactness is an endearing element to the music.

goldfly
09-22-2013, 12:36 AM
that was your example of sounding good?

rniki10
09-22-2013, 05:21 AM
I was watching this movie the other day, love it. Don't like Slipnot nor do I like his other new metal type band (Stone Sour I believe). But Corey Taylor can sing his ass off.

rniki10
09-22-2013, 05:24 AM
Auto tune has its place, but I prefer no auto tune on rock. That inexactness is an endearing element to the music.
BTW, I disagree. Auto tune doesn't have its place. If your voice isn't good enough, you shouldn't be singing.

Blumpkin
09-22-2013, 07:25 AM

Yes, I am sure you are a Yanni fan though

The Chosen One
09-22-2013, 09:20 AM
BTW, I disagree. Auto tune doesn't have its place. If your voice isn't good enough, you shouldn't be singing.

Autotune has been used in techno and electronic music for years before it crawled into mainstream American Pop music.

Some genre's of music don't require amazing voices to sing.

I love rap, and I don't expect Drake to hit a high note.

Blumpkin
09-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Autotune has been used in techno and electronic music for years before it crawled into mainstream American Pop music.

Some genre's of music don't require amazing voices to sing.

I love rap, and I don't except Drake to hit a high note.

I kind of agree but as the same time in my eyes, it makes bad singers sound good.

Blumpkin
09-22-2013, 09:50 AM
I was watching this movie the other day, love it. Don't like Slipnot nor do I like his other new metal type band (Stone Sour I believe). But Corey Taylor can sing his ass off.

Nikki, where did you watch it? I have been looking for it since it came out a few months ago

BlackwaterPark
09-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Corey Taylor is a bad mofo. Love that guy

Gary82
09-22-2013, 11:29 AM

Auto Tune is a tool. It shouldn't be used as a crutch.

rniki10
09-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Nikki, where did you watch it? I have been looking for it since it came out a few months ago

I saw it during the one off showing before it was released. Then I got the blue-ray locally from Fry's or something. You should be able to get it from Amazon at the very least. VH1 aired it a few weeks ago as well. I would check that and Palladia if you don't want to buy or rent it. The clip above is an extra though and not in the movie. This is my favorite extra. Lee Ving is awesome, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIAUv-tw668

zitothebrave
09-22-2013, 07:29 PM

I think you can buy it from the Foos website. I watched it on Amazon Prime.

For me I think the coolest thing off the Sound City recording was Mantra.

zitothebrave
09-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Auto Tune is a tool. It shouldn't be used as a crutch.

Exactly. Though I think some artists have succeeded in the autotune department, some people rely on it to do uncreative things and it sucks.

ESP47
09-23-2013, 05:23 PM

Haha that's what I was thinking.

He sounds decent when the music gets going and he starts yelling but he sounds awful in the beginning.