PDA

View Full Version : Braves books

Prikichi
06-16-2017, 07:06 AM
Has anyone read the book Chipper wrote?

I've been wanting to pick up some reading material. Open to recommendations to any good braves/baseball(MLB) books.

The Chosen One
06-16-2017, 07:10 AM
I remember the dude in your avatar that wasn't too excited when he saw he was on the cover of a certain book that had an image of him walking off with a walk against Kenny Rogers.

50PoundHead
06-16-2017, 07:16 AM
My two favorite baseball books are Lords of the Realm by John Helyar, which is about baseball owners, and Dollar Sign on the Muscle by Kevin Kerrane, which is about scouts (especially old school scouting). Both are available on Amazon in paperback. Dollar Sign on the Muscle was out of print for a long time, so it's good to see it back. It's a really fun and interesting book.

Skeeter31
06-16-2017, 10:46 AM
I read Chipper's book. It was a good read. I enjoyed some of the inside stories of the locker room at the time he was coming up. I would recommend it.

CyYoung31
06-16-2017, 12:43 PM
I remember the dude in your avatar that wasn't too excited when he saw he was on the cover of a certain book that had an image of him walking off with a walk against Kenny Rogers.

Why?

Scout's Honor: The Bravest Way To Build A Winning Ballclub is one of the best, most powerful books ever written about self-preservation, dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it's not too late to better ourselves. Since, SAV, it's impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves. It's an important message, crucial really. And it's beautifully stated in the book.

Knucksie
06-16-2017, 09:03 PM
Glavine's and Leo's book are essential. Think Smoltz's could have been better, but it was worth a read for the faithful. Not sure why Javy Jopez got published?

rico43
06-16-2017, 09:42 PM
Glavine's and Leo's book are essential. Think Smoltz's could have been better, but it was worth a read for the faithful. Not sure why Javy Jopez got published?

Honestly thought Lopez book was published in Spanish in Puerto Rico?

Knucksie
06-17-2017, 09:35 PM
Honestly thought Lopez book was published in Spanish in Puerto Rico?

Maybe. It keeps showing up in my Amazon recommendations one way or another.