Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

zitothebrave
07-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Arsenal is stupid for not locking up Robin Van Persie 3 years ago

Discuss

The Chosen One
07-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Arsenal never locks up anybody.

Just try and go back to the farm system.

TURBO
07-04-2013, 01:15 PM
futbol?

zitothebrave
07-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Jozy to Sunderland.

zitothebrave
07-06-2013, 12:15 AM
Absolute thrashing of the Guatemalan's good start to build momentum for the Gold Cup. Hopefully they can carry this momentum and atone for the disaster of the collapse of the last GOld Cup finals.

Also, Stu Holden and Mix Diserkud are 2 very exciting creatives. Hopefully Holden stays healthy and Diserkud keeps developing. Also if he develops the finer skills some more, Brek Shea will be the best US international player. Guy is a physical freak and with his flaws is still a great talent.

acesfull86
07-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Jozy to Sunderland.

I think it was a good move to leave AZ...it's time for a step up...but I wish he would have latched on with a better team. Oh well, Jozy is the man. RBNY legend.

zitothebrave
07-07-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm fine with starting on a lesser squad, one that may be more patient cause he's still growing as a player. Dempsey went to Fulham and stayed there for some time before getting to move up. I don't think if he plays to his ability JOzy will have to wait that long, but I'd rather have him getting reps in Sunderland than sitting on the bench elsewhere.

acesfull86
07-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Maybe he'll have Deuce as a teammate? Report that Spurs put him on the market.

gilesfan
07-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Maybe he'll have Deuce as a teammate? Report that Spurs put him on the market.

Not sure if they did or not but they really don't have a place for him. I was hoping he'd become big star with Spurs.

If he's ok with being a cup player, he probably stays

zitothebrave
07-11-2013, 11:18 PM
Not sure if they did or not but they really don't have a place for him. I was hoping he'd become big star with Spurs.

If he's ok with being a cup player, he probably stays

Dempsey will get plenty of PT at spurs. He may be behind Holtby (may) but all it takes is one small injury and he is back in.

That said, I woudl deal with him going to Sunderland, would love more American's playing together. Then try to get them to go for another American. Need more Americans to play together.

gilesfan
07-12-2013, 09:47 AM
You continue to express that you know nothing of Spurs.

Demspey isn't behind Holtby. Dempsey can basically back up 3 spots, LM, striker, supporting striker.

The problem is that they have Dembele, Paulinho, Sandro in the midfield of a 4-3-3 and that really leaves no spot for CD because Bale will be on the left (with Townsend likely backing him up).

At times they have played a 4-2-3-1, but in those 3 spots behind the striker are Holtby, Siggy, Dembele(at times), Lennon. And at stirker, he's inferior to Defoe and Ade.

zitothebrave
07-12-2013, 10:29 AM
IIRC the average formation for the Spurs was a 4-2-3-1 with Dembele and one of Sandro or Parker at the CDM (though obviously Dembele attacked plenty) then some form of their midfield.

I also have little doubt that Dempsey>Sigurdsson. Sigurdsson has a much brighter future, but right now Dempsey is a better player. I'd even argue Dempsey over Holtby but I like Holtby a lot.

It's comical how much you underrate Dempsey. Even in a struggling season for him (which he did struggle for a few months) he was a better player than Sigurdsson or Holtby. I also can say I'm pretty sure he's a better striker than Adebayor. Not that that would be a potential issue anyway, since odds are Adebayor is gonna be on another team.

I could be wrong about Paulinho, but I imagine he's gonna be brought in to play the back line if you go with that 4-3-3 setup, but then neither Holtby or Sigurdsson are likely to start. If they go 4-2-3-1 he could go back line or up top.

Though who knows if Paulinho starts immediately, he may take time to break in.

As I said, I'm fine with Dempsey leaving, would be nice to see him on Sunderland or maybe even make a league switch and join an American teammate in Germany or Italy.

gilesfan
07-12-2013, 10:50 AM
They played 4-2-3-1 bc they didn't have the squad to play AVB's preferred 4-3-3. Now they do. It will be Sandro/Paulinho/Dembelee in the midfield.

On the left will be Bale with Townsend backing him up.

Dempsey being better than Ade, Siggy, or Holtby is comical.

zitothebrave
07-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Adebayor had 32 Apps 8 goals 2 assists in all competition for Spurs.

Dempsey had 42 10 goals 2 assists in all comps.

Dempsey wasn't the primary striker.

Go on...

TURBO
07-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Zito,who was that other guy that would constantly post in the soccer thread with you and Giles.

gilesfan
07-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Adebayor had 32 Apps 8 goals 2 assists in all competition for Spurs.

Dempsey had 42 10 goals 2 assists in all comps.

Dempsey wasn't the primary striker.

Go on...

Using goal stats is dumb. Especially using ones that show Ade found the net more often.

zitothebrave
07-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Zito,who was that other guy that would constantly post in the soccer thread with you and Giles.

Shabadu, he posted on the free board before hand, and is one of the reasons why I would like a thread in each fortum telling people we moved.

The Chosen One
07-12-2013, 02:22 PM
I wonder why shabs never signed up at invisionfree...? Well he signed up 7 years ago but he never posted after we migrated there.

I guess I gave you more credit than you deserved for being "a finisher" zeets... :mad0182:

zitothebrave
07-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Using goal stats is dumb. Especially using ones that show Ade found the net more often.

A striker is supposed to score more goals than a midfielder.

Also I used a bad stat site, let me do this again off ESPN's stats which seem more accurate

Adebayor - 27 starts 7 subs 8 goals 1 assists

Dempsey 30 Starts 11 subs 12 goals 6 assists

My apologies for the incorrect numbers.

Also Dempsey compiled a much higher whoscored rating than Adebayor.

So again

Go on...

zitothebrave
07-12-2013, 02:24 PM
I wonder why shabs never signed up at invisionfree...? Well he signed up 7 years ago but he never posted after we migrated there.

I guess I gave you more credit than you deserved for being "a finisher" zeets... :mad0182:

Shab posted on the free board like soon after the migration. But I think he just posted in a thread then left for a bit.

gilesfan
07-12-2013, 02:37 PM
lol off whoscoredit

zitothebrave
07-12-2013, 02:40 PM
4 mroe goals 5 more assists in only 7 more apps. How cute that you for got all that.

elmonthc
07-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Usa better have a huge showing in brazil. Their d is still a question mark imo. So theyll have to outscore people.

zitothebrave
07-12-2013, 07:30 PM
If they can get to the final 8 that would be huge. Which give the form now of Jozy, Dempsey, Landycakes and the rest of the midfield they can hang with most squads.

zitothebrave
07-25-2013, 11:01 AM
USA vs Panama in the Gold Cup Final #lolMexico

jpx7
07-25-2013, 11:39 AM
What was Wenger thinking sending Walcott on that early?!

zitothebrave
07-29-2013, 08:39 AM
Every goal US of the Gold Cup set to the Team America theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCXRRLT7tL8

zitothebrave
07-30-2013, 06:24 PM
Stu Holden is snakebitten, torn ACL. ****ing Johnny Evans. Petulant cunt.

gilesfan
08-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Dempsey to MLS. Lol

drewdat
08-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Dempsey to MLS. Lol

SMH

zitothebrave
08-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Haven't heard if it's a transfer or loan. Doesn't make too much sense if it's more than a 3 month loan though. 3 Month loan I can buy keeps him in the coutnry to finish out WC Qualifiers without other outside pressures. That said, still nothing remotely close to confirming this.

So if it happens aside from a loan, I'm confused. If it doesn't happen or it's a loan, it makes sense. Dempsey isn't Landycakes, he wants higher European competition.

gilesfan
08-03-2013, 07:54 AM
It makes complete sense. Its either MLS, sit on bench at Spurs, or play for some 2nd tier English club like Fulham.

zitothebrave
08-03-2013, 08:09 AM
It makes complete sense. Its either MLS, sit on bench at Spurs, or play for some 2nd tier English club like Fulham.

Only way MLS makes sense is if he's making way more playing there. He also could move off to a competitive Italian or German side. A move to say Schalke, Marseilles, Lyon, etc. A UCL Club in a lesser league. Or heck stay in England and go to a lesser club but still get high end competition. For this year a loan makes sense, but long term he's basically Beckhaming the end of his career, which I don't like. Abusing MLS players doesn't make him better.

gilesfan
08-03-2013, 10:11 AM
You simply overate him as Ive said for years.

acesfull86
08-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Good. MLS needs more high quality players.

zitothebrave
08-03-2013, 11:35 AM
You simply overate him as Ive said for years.

Right Spurs made the move for him cause he was overrated lol. Spurs sold him because Sounders paid almost the exact same price SPurs did.

gilesfan
08-03-2013, 05:55 PM
They sold him bc he had no spot in the team. You know like i har been saying.

zitothebrave
08-08-2013, 10:30 AM
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1516768/us-returns-fifa-top-20-2-year-absence?cc=5901

US Should have gotten rid of Klinsmann right gilesfan?

gilesfan
08-08-2013, 10:33 AM
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1516768/us-returns-fifa-top-20-2-year-absence?cc=5901

US Should have gotten rid of Klinsmann right gilesfan?

You realized that that ranking (ahead of Mexico) is due to winning the crappy Gold Cup where Mexico sent virtually none of the first team players? USA held some of them back, but still brought Donovan and others.

USA, top 19 in the world. They are so great! Lets see what happens at the world cup.

zitothebrave
08-08-2013, 10:40 AM
You realized that that ranking (ahead of Mexico) is due to winning the crappy Gold Cup where Mexico sent virtually none of the first team players? USA held some of them back, but still brought Donovan and others.

USA, top 19 in the world. They are so great! Lets see what happens at the world cup.

They brought donovan back after he spent like a year out of international soccer and took 3 months off in the MLS "offseason"

The ONLY first teamers that played for the US were Donovan, Beasley, and Besler (after the group stage). Beasley may not even be a first teamer come world cup because if Shea or Zusi will start at LM, than I'm sure Johnson will go to LB. Not to mention the risk of losing his spot to Chandler. Besler is a likely first teamer but who knows. Klinsmann has been No Bradley, Jones, Johnson, Gonzalez, Cherundolo, Howard, Zusi, not to mention Jozy or Dempsey. US didn't send their A team either and crushed the competition. Only A player they had out there was Donovan. The other 2 are positions that need improvement. Beasley for example I'm pretty sure was playing because he still needs reps at LB since his primary position is midfield. Besler same basic thing, unlike Gonzalez Besler was the late starter at CB and I think Klinsmann wanted to see more. US had their at best 3rd GK on the depth chart starting.

You make it sound like Mexico sent out their F squad while the US just sat a few players. Here's the deal, every squad didn't have their best team out there. The to date domination of the Gold Cup and WC Qualifiers by the US basically is an indication as to the strength that Klinsmann has developed that did not exist under Bradley, depth. Klinsmann's strategies and player management have created a competitive system where everyone wants in and plays hard. If you don't you get passed over.

gilesfan
08-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Ranking USA ahead of Mexico is a friggin joke.

zitothebrave
08-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Have you been watching Mexico lately? In the GC they lost to Panama twice, barely beat Canada and Trinidad, didn't make it out of group in the confederations cup, and so far in WC qualifiers they are 1-0-5. Having scored 3 goals the whole tournament. Their lone win a 1-0 win on the road against jamaica, outside of the GC, Mexico has won 2 games all of 2013. In fact in the past calendar year Mexico's lone bright spot has been the Qualification groupstage. Starting with their August 15th loss at Azteca to the US they're 11-5-8 in that same period the US is 16-3-3

Even if you remove the Confederations cup Mexico is 10-3-8. US has clearly been the better squad for the last year which is what weighs the heaviest for the FIFA rankings.

It's not a joke, it's the facts.

gilesfan
08-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Have you been watching Mexico lately? In the GC they lost to Panama twice, barely beat Canada and Trinidad, didn't make it out of group in the confederations cup, and so far in WC qualifiers they are 1-0-5. Having scored 3 goals the whole tournament. Their lone win a 1-0 win on the road against jamaica, outside of the GC, Mexico has won 2 games all of 2013. In fact in the past calendar year Mexico's lone bright spot has been the Qualification groupstage. Starting with their August 15th loss at Azteca to the US they're 11-5-8 in that same period the US is 16-3-3

Even if you remove the Confederations cup Mexico is 10-3-8. US has clearly been the better squad for the last year which is what weighs the heaviest for the FIFA rankings.

It's not a joke, it's the facts.

Counting the gold cup for anything is a joke. They had nobody there.

There confederations cup matches were against Japan, Italy, and Brazil.

drewdat
08-08-2013, 04:54 PM

They've been dancing on the knife-edge of getting a coach fired for several months now. They should drop.

zitothebrave
08-08-2013, 08:08 PM

No one had anything going. Only "A" player was DOnovan who was out of favor and possibly out of shape. Maybe you should actually follow soccer a little befoer you act holier than thou attitude.

gilesfan
08-09-2013, 08:25 AM
No one had anything going. Only "A" player was DOnovan who was out of favor and possibly out of shape. Maybe you should actually follow soccer a little befoer you act holier than thou attitude.

Then why are you even bringing up the Gold Cup as an accomplishment? It's like saying the Braves are better than the Marlins because the Braves AAA team with Gattis on rehab assignment beat the Marlins AA team.

zitothebrave
08-09-2013, 08:42 AM
You can exclude the Gold cup if you want. US has still been better. First in Qualifications for WC, better friendly record, however you want to slice it they've been playing better soccer. Mexico was not able to beat Jamaica at home. If the US pulls a choke job like that then you have an excuse for putting them behind Mexico. But yo clearly haven't been watching the Mexican national team. In 2013, Mexico has scored 17 goals in 17 games, if you remove the GC they've scored 9 goals in 12 games. Same thing for the US overall 38 in 16 remove the GC 18 in 10

Maybe you should stop posting to save yourself some embarrassment.

gilesfan
08-09-2013, 08:46 AM
You can exclude the Gold cup if you want. US has still been better. First in Qualifications for WC, better friendly record, however you want to slice it they've been playing better soccer. Mexico was not able to beat Jamaica at home. If the US pulls a choke job like that then you have an excuse for putting them behind Mexico. But yo clearly haven't been watching the Mexican national team. In 2013, Mexico has scored 17 goals in 17 games, if you remove the GC they've scored 9 goals in 12 games. Same thing for the US overall 38 in 16 remove the GC 18 in 10

Maybe you should stop posting to save yourself some embarrassment.

Anyone that actually follows soccer that isn't a USA fanboy would rank Mexico over U.S. They are simply a better team. You want to know world cup odds to give you a better indicator?

To win WOrld Cup:

Mexico 40-1
USA 80-1

Now shut up forever. Enjoy watching Dempsey play in the MLS.

zitothebrave
08-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Anyone that actually follows soccer that isn't a USA fanboy would rank Mexico over U.S. They are simply a better team. You want to know world cup odds to give you a better indicator?

To win WOrld Cup:

Mexico 40-1
USA 80-1

Now shut up forever. Enjoy watching Dempsey play in the MLS.

Are you retarded? Seriously? I would feel bad for ostracizing you if you are.

The US has a higher FIFA ranking cause they're playing better, it's not ****ing hard to understand if you have half a brain. Mexico has been playing like ****, US has been rocking. So the US climbs, Mexico falls. Pretty simple.

gilesfan
08-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Why does Vegas (who knows a **** ton more than you) have Mexico as twice as likely to win the world cup?

They have a higher scored because of a competition no one gives a **** at.

You got destroyed. Just STFU and drink your ****ty beer that you think you are good at.

zitothebrave
08-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Why does Vegas (who knows a **** ton more than you) have Mexico as twice as likely to win the world cup?

They have a higher scored because of a competition no one gives a **** at.

You got destroyed. Just STFU and drink your ****ty beer that you think you are good at.

Ok you are full blown.

Why don't you just quit? I don't get it. Anyone else would realize they've been thoroughly smashed.

gilesfan
08-09-2013, 10:10 AM
LOL. Twice as likely. You are delutional.

Zito- The thethe of U.S. soccer.

zitothebrave
08-09-2013, 10:35 AM
You're just straight embarrassing yourself.

From they're morons to ranking US over Mexico, even though FIFA rankings have a clearly cut out system no matter how silly it may be, to ZOMG LOOK AT VEGAS!!!

You do realize Vegas odds are posted on what people will bet, if US keeps rising and Mexico keeps sucking, then the US could pass Vegas odds there. Vegas odds have nothing to do with what will happen.

Let's look at the Vegas odds for the Superbowl last year

Packers 13/2
Pats 8/1
Niners 10/1
Broncos 12/1
Texans 12/1
Eagles 14/1
Ravens 16/1
Bears 18/1
Saints 18/1
Giants 18/1
Steelers 18/1
Cowboys 20/1
Lions 22/1
Falcons 25/1
Jets 25/1

I was gonna stop at the Eagles, but I just wanted to show you that as of July 2012 Vegas had the same odds of the Jets making the Superbowl as the Falcons. Just goes to show you what Vegas means, aka nothing. Vegas is all about making money, remember peopel thought Mexico was gonna do something in the Confeds. They were hyped up. We'll see in a year (well less than a year but you know what I'm saying) if Mexico is still 20/1. If they keep not scoring, who knows. Hell right now Mexico is a trisk of not finishing top 2.

gilesfan
08-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Looks like Vegas did a pretty good job. They have more information/smarter than any one of us on the board. Please don't try to tell me the role of bookies in making lines, you are out of your realm.

Carry on, you are a mix of Heyward and thethe

yeezus
08-09-2013, 10:41 AM
delutional.

What is this new word?
Why doe you get so personal, defensive, and upset in every argument you're in?

gilesfan
08-09-2013, 10:43 AM
What is this new word?
Why doe you get so personal, defensive, and upset in every argument you're in?

How do my balls taste? You like having them in your mouth, it seems.

yeezus
08-09-2013, 10:44 AM
You're just straight embarrassing yourself.

From they're morons to ranking US over Mexico, even though FIFA rankings have a clearly cut out system no matter how silly it may be, to ZOMG LOOK AT VEGAS!!!

You do realize Vegas odds are posted on what people will bet, if US keeps rising and Mexico keeps sucking, then the US could pass Vegas odds there. Vegas odds have nothing to do with what will happen.

Let's look at the Vegas odds for the Superbowl last year

Packers 13/2
Pats 8/1
Niners 10/1
Broncos 12/1
Texans 12/1
Eagles 14/1
Ravens 16/1
Bears 18/1
Saints 18/1
Giants 18/1
Steelers 18/1
Cowboys 20/1
Lions 22/1
Falcons 25/1
Jets 25/1

I was gonna stop at the Eagles, but I just wanted to show you that as of July 2012 Vegas had the same odds of the Jets making the Superbowl as the Falcons. Just goes to show you what Vegas means, aka nothing. Vegas is all about making money, remember peopel thought Mexico was gonna do something in the Confeds. They were hyped up. We'll see in a year (well less than a year but you know what I'm saying) if Mexico is still 20/1. If they keep not scoring, who knows. Hell right now Mexico is a trisk of not finishing top 2.

So Vegas, with their wealth of knowledge, felt the Falcons and Jets were equals last year, and that the Lions were BETTER than the Falcons.
They know SO much though, so they couldn't be completely wrong, right?

yeezus
08-09-2013, 10:45 AM
How do my balls taste? You like having them in your mouth, it seems.

lol you are just a grumpy dude. apparently an angst-filled teenager.

gilesfan
08-09-2013, 10:49 AM
lol you are just a grumpy dude. apparently an angst-filled teenager.

OMG, Vegas didn't have every single team pegged, they don't know anything. Yet make billions on the lines they set.

More like grumpy old dude. But, that ok. Keep following me around. You are very worried about what I think for some reason.

yeezus
08-09-2013, 10:53 AM
OMG, Vegas didn't have every single team pegged, they don't know anything. Yet make billions on the lines they set.

More like grumpy old dude. But, that ok. Keep following me around. You are very worried about what I think for some reason.

I read the soccer thread in full out of pure curiosity, and noticed that you were (yet again) acting childish and condescending in an argument. Everyone does it sometimes, but you can't seem to have a disagreement without acting like everyone that doesn't agree is an enormous fool. It's amusing and a little sad, honestly.

zitothebrave
08-09-2013, 10:57 AM

THEY MAKE MONEY

Thank you for proving my point.

Vegas sets their lines not based on who they think is the best but who the average better will lay money on. If people start betting US their odds will go up. It's not rocket science.

gilesfan
08-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Vegas sets their lines not based on who they think is the best but who the average better will lay money on. If people start betting US their odds will go up. It's not rocket science.

You don't know what you are talking about. If they did this, they would get raped by the sharks in Vegas.

gilesfan
08-09-2013, 11:11 AM
I read the soccer thread in full out of pure curiosity, and noticed that you were (yet again) acting childish and condescending in an argument. Everyone does it sometimes, but you can't seem to have a disagreement without acting like everyone that doesn't agree is an enormous fool. It's amusing and a little sad, honestly.

awwww shucks.

zitothebrave
08-09-2013, 11:18 AM
You don't know what you are talking about. If they did this, they would get raped by the sharks in Vegas.

No they wouldn't. If the US starts looking better and Mexico starts looking worse, the odds will change. Because Vegas wouldn't want ot get ruined on the odds. Like when an NFL line changes mid week because say everyone knows the giants will upset the niners at home or some BS like that and people start pounding the over or under, they adjust the lines. If the US looks like the better squad and people in Vegas throw more money at them than Mexico you can bet they'll correct.

gilesfan
08-09-2013, 11:25 AM
What you are saying is completely against your original point. These world cup odds are where they stand right now. If USA was perceived as the better team they have lower odds. Yet, you get twice as much on USA as you do on Mexico. Vegas isn't saying "I want to get USA money," they are saying Mexico has a far better shot at winning the world cup.

If things change from now, the odds will be adjusted.

zitothebrave
08-09-2013, 11:32 AM
What you are saying is completely against your original point. These world cup odds are where they stand right now. If USA was perceived as the better team they have lower odds. Yet, you get twice as much on USA as you do on Mexico. Vegas isn't saying "I want to get USA money," they are saying Mexico has a far better shot at winning the world cup.

If things change from now, the odds will be adjusted.

And none of that has a god damned thing to do with FIFA Rankings, which you called stupid or something like that.

gilesfan
08-09-2013, 11:43 AM
And none of that has a god damned thing to do with FIFA Rankings, which you called stupid or something like that.

Bc they are since they obviously factored in the Gold Cup.

zitothebrave
08-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Ok and Mexico gained points in the GC as well. US was right on Mexico's ass before the GC and they passed them after. Don't see hwo that's wrong.

gilesfan
08-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Ok and Mexico gained points in the GC as well. US was right on Mexico's ass before the GC and they passed them after. Don't see hwo that's wrong.

So a competition that means nothing and the teams mostly did you players that will playin the world cup means something? hhmmmmm ok.

zitothebrave
08-09-2013, 11:57 AM
So a competition that means nothing and the teams mostly did you players that will playin the world cup means something? hhmmmmm ok.

So in other words, you have no argument and you're just being a cunt for cunt's sake. Got it.

gilesfan
08-09-2013, 11:58 AM
I wish Shab was here.

Tottenham now buy Capoue. They have the sickest/deepest midfieldi in the EPL. They actually are really deep everywhere and should help get them through the gring and possibly gain a Champions League Spot.

Walker, Kaboul, Jan, BAE

Paulinho, Dembelee, Sandro

Bale, Lennon, Saldado

Off the bench:

Dawson, Rose, Siggy, Holtby, Ade, Defoe, Townsend, Chadli, Cap, Huddlestone, Parker, Freidel, Livermore, Carroll,

gilesfan
08-09-2013, 12:01 PM
So in other words, you have no argument and you're just being a cunt for cunt's sake. Got it.

Are you that dense? USA moved up in ratings because of a glorified friendly with little to no first team players. That makes sense to you?

If the NFL put out rankings and the rankings changed based on pre season, that would make sense to you?

zitothebrave
08-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Are you that dense? USA moved up in ratings because of a glorified friendly with little to no first team players. That makes sense to you?

If the NFL put out rankings and the rankings changed based on pre season, that would make sense to you?

Ok and Friendlies move you up in ratings too? You don't think Mexico benefited their FIFA rankings by playing some cake Friendlies? 2 wins are all the difference. Mexico was also favored going into the GC and didn't make the Finals. Even if they won the GC, I dont' think they would be far ahead of the US if at all. Their shot of getting back over the US is in the WC Qualifiers and that's why the US is where they are. They were only 15 points behind Mexico going into July, they kicked ass Mexico couldn't TCOB, US with a win ove rCosta Rica or Mexico would pass the Mexicans anyway.

zitothebrave
08-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Agudelo making the move to Stoke. Assuming they don't loan out anyone, they'll now have 4 Americans, Shea, Agudelo, Cameron, and Edu. I'm assuming Agudelo will be loaned out to a lower squad for reps, maybe Shea too but Agudelo most likely. Still young and raw and with Crouch, Jerome, and Jones I can't imagine him getting any first team time for now.

holden
08-14-2013, 04:58 PM
JOZY

zitothebrave
08-14-2013, 06:09 PM
JOZY

Hopefully he lights England on fire this year. Will be his first real test in a long time.

zitothebrave
08-14-2013, 10:54 PM
BTW for Gilesfan and his Jozy sucks stance

http://i.imgur.com/AXOuCdr.gif

Finally changing your tune since you've been watching soccer for more than 2 years?

gilesfan
08-15-2013, 08:44 AM
I don't think Jozy sucks at all. He's talented, but hasn't but it together yet vs. any real competition. I'm interested to see how he does (depending on how much he plays) in the EPL.

zitothebrave
08-15-2013, 09:48 AM
I don't think Jozy sucks at all. He's talented, but hasn't but it together yet vs. any real competition. I'm interested to see how he does (depending on how much he plays) in the EPL.

Different tune than you were singing a year or 2 years ago when you asked shab what the hype with Jozy was and thought Agudelo should be starting for the US.

gilesfan
08-15-2013, 10:08 AM
Different tune than you were singing a year or 2 years ago when you asked shab what the hype with Jozy was and thought Agudelo should be starting for the US.

I said that I thought Agudelo would be the better long term solution for U.S.A. Which I still believe to be the case.

zitothebrave
08-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Not what you said, but you can feel free to backtrack. I would be upset with how wrong I was about that one too.

Though they're both young, to day Jozy has 20 national goals in 61 caps, including some big games of course. Agudelo has 2 goals in 17 caps.

Of course Juan could get hot. But it looks more clear by the day that Jozy is the superior forward now and for the near future. Maybe some day down the road Juan will live up to his potential. But considering he hadn't been able to stick at NY or Chivas, I wouldn't bet on it too hard. Good potential guy, but then again so was Freddy Adu.

gilesfan
08-15-2013, 10:31 AM
You probably don't even know the circumstances of his tenure at NY or Chivas, but feel free to google.

Also feel free to post what I said if you believe otherwise, thanks.

He's now playing for some squad named Stoke City. But, clearly can't play in the MLS.....

goldfly
08-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Beautiful

http://i.imgur.com/AXOuCdr.gif

gilesfan
08-20-2013, 10:27 AM
My god Spurs are loaded even when/if they lose Bale. Seems to be adding Willian today.

And maybe Contraoe and Lamela.

zitothebrave
08-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Spurs are young which can be good or bad.

They still desperately need a striker though, and that's where I feel they'll fail. If they lose Bale they should go hard after Rooney.

gilesfan
08-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Spurs are young which can be good or bad.

They still desperately need a striker though, and that's where I feel they'll fail. If they lose Bale they should go hard after Rooney.

Saldado, Defoe, Adebeyor.........or replace Defoe or Ade with Lamela.

zitothebrave
08-20-2013, 11:19 AM
Haven't watched much of Saldado to really say anything on him

But Ade was horrific last year. And Defoe is likely best coming off the bench. I think the prefered formation of the Spurs should have a strong up top striker. Someone who can possess the ball fight off defenders and pound some home as well. The type I'm thinking of is like a Higuin or Gomez. Maybe not world class but in the right system can be deadly.

gilesfan
08-20-2013, 11:23 AM
You know Saldado is a starter on the Spainish National team and had 24 league goals in 35 matches last year? He is exactly what they needed.

gilesfan
08-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Bale gone for close to 100 million. Willian in for sure and Lamela looks to be in.

Spurs could have replaced Bale, Dempsey, Caulker, Huddlestone and Parker with Paulinho, Chadli, Soldado, Capoue, Willian and Lamela with virtually no increase in spending. But, they have talked about increasing spending with additional tv revenue and the loyalty AVB showed so look for a LB and CB to be added.

I never thought they would be better without Bale, but they are much, much better.

zitothebrave
08-22-2013, 06:34 PM
While there would for sure be cash involved. Would you swap Rooney for Mata? I think I would for both squads. Chelsea needs a striker badly and I think Mata could be an excellent support striker.

zitothebrave
08-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Willian to Chelsea.

zitothebrave
08-31-2013, 08:30 AM
Lamela and Erikson joined Spurs. But here I was told that Spurs were happy with Sigurdsson.

gilesfan
09-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Lamela and Erikson joined Spurs. But here I was told that Spurs were happy with Sigurdsson.

Siggy may stay. All I said was he was a better option than Demosey which is completely true. Lamela doesn't even play Siggys position

zitothebrave
09-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Lamela is an attacking mid. He's basically gonna take Bale's place behind the striker. one of the roles Sigurdsson was supposed to play. I guess getting Erikson means though that Spurs are unlikely to get Modric or anyone else.

FWIW though early in the season, Sigurdsson already has one of the lowest whoscored ratings for Spurs again. Maybe he'll show his potential but until he does, Dempsey is a better player.

zitothebrave
09-02-2013, 08:26 AM
Ozil to Arsenal. If Giroud can be a clinical finisher with Ozil and Carzola feeding the ball he should get tons of chances.

acesfull86
09-02-2013, 08:41 AM
They may get Ba on a loan deal, too. Not sure how much better he is than what they have, but the depth wouldn't hurt.

I guess you have to get Ozil if he available, but Arsenal still has some holes that need addressing, IMO. (center forward, CB, and I'm not a fan of Szczesny in goal)

zitothebrave
09-02-2013, 08:54 AM
I'm guessing Ozil will be their behind the striker player, like he was for Real and is for the German national squad. My guess is using their starting formation from yesterday that basically they'll sub out Rosicky for Ozil and that will be that.

gilesfan
09-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Lamela is an attacking mid. He's basically gonna take Bale's place behind the striker. one of the roles Sigurdsson was supposed to play. I guess getting Erikson means though that Spurs are unlikely to get Modric or anyone else.

FWIW though early in the season, Sigurdsson already has one of the lowest whoscored ratings for Spurs again. Maybe he'll show his potential but until he does, Dempsey is a better player.

Lamela was a winter for Roma. He hasnt played behind the striker since before then. On Sunday, he played on the right of the 4-3-3 so he is likely to be a winger. Ericsson is expected to be the attacking mid/cam/support striker.

Siggy was man of the match in at least one match, maybe two of the 5 so far. Ther did a reason he is in England and Dempsey is in MLS

MrShwag
09-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Wow! What an off-season. Too early for predictions but I love all the moves by Tots and Gunners. Chelsea I felt like would be better with Lukaku on the squad, but whatever. City and Liverpool will end up on the outside looking in.

Chelsea
Arsenal
Tottenham
Manchester United

I think Manchester will go hard after Cristiano Ronaldo in the January transfer window and Real Madrid will sell because I don't see Ronaldo co-existing with Bale and his money. Otherwise United will be battling with City for that 4th spot.

Glad to find you guys again. Promise I won't argue about Bale vs. Van Persie again.

zitothebrave
09-06-2013, 01:10 PM
I don't think Spurs or Arsenal finish over Man U. Of course you never really know but when was the last time Man U finished outside of the top 2? Sure they lost Sir Alex, but they replaced him with a fine coach. They're returning the same team from last year but with the very underrated Fellaini on the team.

MrShwag
09-06-2013, 01:28 PM
True.. they ain't gonna run away with it again tho'. Going to be fun to watch.

gilesfan
09-06-2013, 02:23 PM
All the moves by the Gunners? You mean the one?

The Chosen One
09-06-2013, 02:27 PM
They made some small moves. Nothing as big as ozil but it still gives them depth.

zitothebrave
09-06-2013, 03:18 PM
They made some small moves. Nothing as big as ozil but it still gives them depth.

Didn't they do like 3 free transfers. They didn't get a striker like they really need.

gilesfan
09-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Like who? Flamini and ?

gilesfan
09-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Doesn't look promising for USA tonight. If they pull out a victory, I will be impressed.

MrShwag
09-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Nah yea.. just meant all the moves by Spurs and the big move by the Gunners..

zitothebrave
09-06-2013, 04:38 PM
If the US wins tonight Klinsmann should get inducted into the US Soccer HOF. A man can only do so much in his short tenure. Beating Mexico, Italy, and Costa Rica on the road in under 2 years would be unprecedented.

Then you add that Jozy most likely won't be playing tonight.

If the US gets a draw and all the guys on Yellow caution don't pick up a card then it will be a huge victory.

zitothebrave
09-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Dempsey starting up top for the US, no true striker in the lineup should see lots of cutting passes and things of that sort with Dempsey and Landycakes in the middle and Zusi assisting from the right

zitothebrave
09-06-2013, 09:13 PM
US falls behind early, Just need to keep the guys on yellow warning in the game. US defense is getting killed. Though there should have been a foul on that last goal.

zitothebrave
09-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Holy **** Mexico lost at home to Honduras. If the US can beat the Mexicans, they'll be facing the prospect of not mking the world cup.

Also eff Besler for ltting that last goal in. schoolboy defending.

holden
09-09-2013, 09:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qjDaW3VXjnw#t=340

shameful

zitothebrave
09-10-2013, 09:09 AM
**** I'm gonna miss most of the first half of tonight's game. Wonder if it will be on ESPN radio.

zitothebrave
09-10-2013, 09:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qjDaW3VXjnw#t=340

shameful

That guy should be suspended from the next game.

zitothebrave
09-10-2013, 08:43 PM
2-0 USA against the Certainly better Mexico squad, cause Vegas says so.

On a serious note. What a freaking play by Mix. Kid has the potential to be a great player

zitothebrave
09-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Man I'm really glad Mexico is better than the United States or I'd be really pissed at that loss.

zitothebrave
09-10-2013, 09:01 PM
And the US is back on top of the Qualifying bracket because Costa Rica can't beat Jamaica.

holden
09-10-2013, 09:22 PM
U S A
U S A

zitothebrave
09-10-2013, 09:35 PM
2-1 Honduras. I love them helping us out. Could also spell the end for Mexico in the World Cup. They'll be 5 points back with 2 to play none against Honduras. They'll be going to the playoffs where they'll face New Zealand, Jordan and most likely one of Ecuador or Uruguay.

What would be best for Mexico and let the US clinch their advance would be for a draw tonight.

drewdat
09-10-2013, 09:41 PM
2-1 Honduras. I love them helping us out. Could also spell the end for Mexico in the World Cup. They'll be 5 points back with 2 to play none against Honduras. They'll be going to the playoffs where they'll face New Zealand, Jordan and most likely one of Ecuador or Uruguay.

What would be best for Mexico and let the US clinch their advance would be for a draw tonight.

Pretty sure CONCACAF #4 just faces Oceania #1 (New Zealand) in a home-and-home.

Jordan will face CONMEBOL #5.

zitothebrave
09-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Pretty sure CONCACAF #4 just faces Oceania #1 (New Zealand) in a home-and-home.

Jordan will face CONMEBOL #5.

You are correct. I couldn't remember who was supposed to go but just checked it. So they both can still advance, I expect both New Zealand and Jordan to be bounced but Mexico has it harder.

zitothebrave
09-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Draw in Honduras, Dos a Cero for the clincher. Got to love it.

zitothebrave
09-10-2013, 10:17 PM
World Cup favorite Mexico now 5th in the table

The Chosen One
09-11-2013, 01:12 AM
http://www.pictureshack.us/images/18009_807789012.gif

gilesfan
09-14-2013, 03:03 PM

Pretty sure they are happy with him

zitothebrave
09-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Pretty sure they are happy with him

I think they're happier with Eriksen.

Also no comments on the Vegas favorite Mexicans?

The Chosen One
09-14-2013, 08:36 PM
GOONERS

zitothebrave
09-14-2013, 08:38 PM
GOONERS

Ozil didn't make a difference at all ha.

Seriously can't believe Man U didn't push harder for him.

gilesfan
09-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Ozil didn't make a difference at all ha.

Seriously can't believe Man U didn't push harder for him.

They already have a great player in kagawa they refuse to use.

gilesfan
09-15-2013, 09:11 AM
I think they're happier with Eriksen.

Also no comments on the Vegas favorite Mexicans?

Plenty of time to get out of slump.

zitothebrave
09-15-2013, 09:33 AM
They already have a great player in kagawa they refuse to use.

Ozil>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kagawa.

Kagawa is a very good player. Ozil is arguably one of the top 20 players in the world.

zitothebrave
09-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Plenty of time to get out of slump.

Not really, they only have 2 games and if the US and Costa Rica decide to punt their games against Honduras and Panama they'll be in deep ****. I don't think they will simply because they need those wins to keep up their FIFA rankings, but they could work together to dick El Tri.

BTW the dominant victory over Mexico catapulted the US up to 13 just ahead of the Swiss. I guess it's a shame the Vegas favorites couldn't move up a spot. You'd think they'd count that towards FIFA rankings.

gilesfan
09-15-2013, 10:04 AM
Ozil>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kagawa.

Kagawa is a very good player. Ozil is arguably one of the top 20 players in the world.

Oil is probably better but they still refuse to use him. And Oxil has a massive wage budget.

gilesfan
09-15-2013, 10:05 AM
Not really, they only have 2 games and if the US and Costa Rica decide to punt their games against Honduras and Panama they'll be in deep ****. I don't think they will simply because they need those wins to keep up their FIFA rankings, but they could work together to dick El Tri.

BTW the dominant victory over Mexico catapulted the US up to 13 just ahead of the Swiss. I guess it's a shame the Vegas favorites couldn't move up a spot. You'd think they'd count that towards FIFA rankings.

Mexico is still favored over USA. Rightfully so

zitothebrave
09-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Mexico is still favored over USA. Rightfully so

Yeah because nothing says dominant team than possibly not qualifying for the WC.

Mexico is favored (for the dozenth time) because people will bet on them. Duh. Vegas wants to make money.

NinersSBChamps
09-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Score some runs and points. If you don't score you have zero.

The Chosen One
09-22-2013, 09:10 AM
OZILLLLLLLLL.

3 assists today. Gooners lookin' good.

Krgrecw
09-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Apple TV added the MLS app today. So I guess you soccer fans that pay for the service can now watch it full screen

zitothebrave
09-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Both Man U and Man City lost today. Wow.

Ax must be hanging hi over Moyes after today. Fergie lost 5 games the last 3 years at Old Trafford. I don't believe any of them to a team like Aston Villa. I guess Blackburn is pretty close to that. But at least they scored 2 goals that one.

zitothebrave
09-29-2013, 12:57 PM
So after today, the Table is pretty fun looking

Arsenal at the top, Liverpool at 2, Tottenham at 3, Chelsea at 4, City at 6, United at 12.

Obviously only 6 games in there's tons that can happen and I highly doubt that Southampton finishes over City, or that United have a midtable finish. But it is interesting. Only squad to not have lost a match through 6 is Everton which is kind of shocking, maybe I remember it wrong but I think usually the 1 is undefeated through this point.

zitothebrave
10-03-2013, 08:10 AM
I feel really bad for teams that have to face Bayern. When healthy that have the best midfield in the world with depth to spare.

Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Robben, Ribery, Gotze, Martinez, Alcantara, and Shaqiri, and not to mention put Mandzukic up top you can slide Muller back, and apparently aside from being arguably the best fullback in the world, Philip Lahm is also an amazing central mid.

50PoundHead
10-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Don't watch soccer (largely because I don't drink anymore and I had to be drunk to watch it), but I love the NBC commercial featuring Jason Sudeikis.

MrShwag
10-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Juve is slumping at a really bad time. Played horrible against Kopenhagen and then to give up the draw at home to Galatasaray. Going to be tough to get out of Group stage now.

Atl. Madrid looking very strong in CL and League.. without whats-his-face who's disappeared off the map since joining tiny Monaco. Should have gone to Chelsea. Diego Costa shining instead.

The Chosen One
10-08-2013, 04:50 AM
Arsenal need another striker in the winter.

zitothebrave
10-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Arsenal need another striker in the winter.

Yup, especially with one of the best creative players behind him and another really great one in Carzola.Both Ozil and Carzola are really good at creating chances so someone who can poach would kill there.

MrShwag
10-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Chicharito to Arsenal sounded intriguing.

zitothebrave
10-10-2013, 09:51 PM
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1578932/jurgen-klinsmann-wants-coach-us-2014-report-says?cc=5901

Will be awesome for the US if Klinsmann stays on.

zitothebrave
10-12-2013, 05:25 AM
Well it looks like Mexico will be playing in the playoff to get into the World Cup. Would take a total choke job by them against Costa Rica (all they need is a draw) and the US to tank against Panama. I don't think it will happen but I think the standings are largely set unless there's a crazy upset, like Jamaica beating Honduras or the US losing bad to panama and Costa Rica beating Mexico.

zitothebrave
10-12-2013, 05:40 AM
BTW this is the winner for Mexico, sick goal.

http://i.imgur.com/vLChjAW.gif

zitothebrave
10-15-2013, 10:25 PM
2 very late winners are why Mexico is going to the playoff, but they clearly should be ranked over the US. Teh Lulz

goldfly
10-15-2013, 10:30 PM
worst USA win ever

****ing a

gilesfan
10-16-2013, 10:51 AM
worst USA win ever

****ing a

So stupid by the US.

zitothebrave
10-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Mexico>US right giles?

zitothebrave
10-17-2013, 08:05 AM
Latest FIFA Rankings are out and the US is still at 13, Mexico at 24, Costa Rica at 31, Honduras at 34 and Panama at 36. I can't recall a time CONCACAF has had 5 teams in the top 40. If these teams all keep surging maybe FIFA will have to consider expanding CONCACAF's WC selections. May introduce another playoff with 5 seed of CONCACAF vs 5 seed of CAF or something like that.

Bottom line is though, why doesn't FIFA consider Vegas odds in their rankings? THE FOOLS

gilesfan
10-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Mexico>US right giles?

They have far more talent. Haven't put it together in the last few months.

acesfull86
10-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Hopefully NZ takes care of them in the playoff...that would be amazing

zitothebrave
10-17-2013, 08:58 AM
Last time I checked it wasn't the US who needed Mexico's b team to get a road victory or draw.

Talent only gets you so far and Mexico wasa few minutes from being eliminated from the world cup. Hell they may still get eliminated

gilesfan
10-17-2013, 09:00 AM
Hopefully NZ takes care of them in the playoff...that would be amazing

Mexico should wipe the floor with them.

zitothebrave
10-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Mexico should wipe the floor with them.

They also should have wiped the floor in CONCACAF, but IIRC their only win was in Jamaica and Panama. The latter on a ridiculous bicycle to get the winner. If that didn't happen the Mexicans would have gone home.

sentenza
10-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Today this goal was scored in the "erste Bundesliga" in Germany!
I think we have the best refs in all soccer! :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aqYWxUzK9w

The Chosen One
10-19-2013, 10:21 AM
Ahsnil looking very good at the moment.

Ozzzzzzilllllllllllllll

acesfull86
10-19-2013, 01:33 PM
So now that we're through qualifying, what is your preferred starting XI for the USMNT next June, based on what we know now?

zitothebrave
10-19-2013, 04:23 PM
So now that we're through qualifying, what is your preferred starting XI for the USMNT next June, based on what we know now?

GK - Howard
RB - Cherundolo
CB - Besler
CB - Gonzo
LB - Johnson
CDM - Bradley
CDM _ Jones
RAM - Landon
CAM - Dempsey
LAM - Zusi (though he's been really good off the bench, hope that they don't slide him to the bench in favor of Beasley at LB)
ST - Altidore

Johannson has to be on the bench for the team as well.

zitothebrave
10-26-2013, 10:22 AM
What the **** is wrong with Manchester United?

Trailing Stoke at home? If they were in Stoke I'd buy it but not in Old Trafford. They're totally wasting Van Persie's awesomeness.

The Chosen One
11-06-2013, 12:54 AM
Ahsnil.

GOONERS.

gilesfan
11-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Can't wait to see the Germans put their foot up in the arse.

The Chosen One
11-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Can't wait to see the Germans put their foot up in the arse.

Yeah.... about that...

zitothebrave
11-07-2013, 07:56 AM
You know who really sucks and never will start for Arsenal? Aaron Ramsey. Shamethey couldn't sell him when they had the chance like gilesfan said.

gilesfan
11-07-2013, 11:07 AM
You know who really sucks and never will start for Arsenal? Aaron Ramsey. Shamethey couldn't sell him when they had the chance like gilesfan said.

WTF are you talking about? Do you enjoy just making **** up?

zitothebrave
11-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Chelsea gifted a point by the ref. What a bull**** penalty

zitothebrave
11-09-2013, 02:10 PM
WTF are you talking about? Do you enjoy just making **** up?

I may have made the part up about wanting to sell him (it was largely for a joke) but you've dogged Ramsey the entire time you've been following soccer it seems.

gilesfan
11-09-2013, 10:05 PM
you are just making **** up.

zitothebrave
11-09-2013, 11:19 PM
Run from the past it's cool. Hell you couldn't even pick a team to follow so I guess it's easy to believe you can forget what you said about players.

zitothebrave
11-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Lol city.

zitothebrave
11-22-2013, 09:48 AM
This cannot help the masculine image of soccer

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article8947457.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/vagina+stadium.jpg

zitothebrave
11-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Tottenham gettingmurdered today in Manchester.

Right now they're positioned 9th on the table, need at least 3 goals to go over Everton in goal differential.

zitothebrave
11-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Also Aguero has more goals than the Spurs do as a whole.

MrShwag
12-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Luis Suarez with 13 goals in 9 games.. no bites, danggg

Bdawg2309
12-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Ideal group draw for the USA

i'd want

-uruguay/switzerland
-algeria/nigeria
-greece/russia

though they'll probably end up getting screwed.

The Chosen One
12-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Gooners are looking good.

Maybe we get Suarez by the January deadline. :YDS:

MrShwag
12-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Group G has Germany, Ghana, United States and Portugal. Ouch.

The Chosen One
12-07-2013, 09:37 AM
LMAO at Manchester United.

Lost at home to Newcastle. First time Newcastle has won at Old Trafford in 41 years.

Rumor has it Robin Van Persie turned in his transfer request.

zitothebrave
12-16-2013, 04:51 PM
Spurs sacked AVB. Stupid move to sack someone not even 2 years in.

zitothebrave
12-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Liverpool are clicking on all cylinders right now.

Also in old and new news. Klinsmann has been signed on for 4 more years. Given the strides US has made in his short term, I'm hoping the strides we've made will lead to a better long term US. Getting a group of death draw is potentially bad for America, but if they get out it will be huge.

On the newer side Dempsey is rumored to be going back to FUlham on a short loan. Good for him. His injuries at the end of 2013 set him up poorly for the WC run. He needs some competitive matches to up his fitness. Wonder who else from the US in MLS will go to England. Health permitting I think Landycakes should. Would be nice if he went on loan to FUlham or Sunderland to be with a teammate. I think Besler and Gonzalez will go to England or Germany on a lesser squad. Would be sweet if a team needed both of them and they got to work together. And I think Zusi finds a home somewhere on a bad team. Don't know who else will go. Don't think guys like Eddie Johnson will be well sought after commodities.

gilesfan
01-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Adebeyor is so good when motivated. Team playing so much better without AVB

The Chosen One
01-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Arsenal on the the cusp (hopefully) of signing Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid!

If true, then Arsenal will likely be champs! Costa could also be a huge force in CL.

The Chosen One
01-04-2014, 01:40 PM
Adebeyor is so good when motivated. Team playing so much better without AVB

Arsenal tapping that ass.

The Chosen One
01-06-2014, 06:30 PM
@gilesfan (http://www.chopcountry.com/forums/member.php?u=99)

Walcott is a legend now.

http://www.chopcountry.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=97&d=1389050969

zitothebrave
01-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Bradley and Jermaine Defoe to Toronto FC. Not happy about the Bradley move, supposedly his salary is going way up so can't blame him. Wish he played in England instead. he's not gonna be as good as he used to.

Also Shea on loan to Bardsley.

goldfly
01-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Great goal by villa to cut it in half

Gunners need to hang on

The Chosen One
01-29-2014, 04:29 PM
Spurs getting molested by Man City.

zitothebrave
02-01-2014, 09:37 AM
With the deadline officially done, some thoughts. Arsenal made no moves, but I don't see a pressing need for them, they madea loan move and loaned some guys out and cut a few guys. Nothing major. City also made no moves, but like Arsenal that's probably a good thing. Chelsea on the other hand was very active, first the controversial selling of Mata, then their big bring in move was Matic. The other big move for them was letting the young De Brunye leave. Liverpool made no big moves which is good in a way (keeping Suarez) but they have holes that they should have assessed. Spurs sold Defoe and loaned out Holtby, both somewhat headscratchers since they seemed very in favor last year, and Tottenham keeps playing Sigurdsson over Holtby which from a quality standpoint doesn't make sense. Everton made a lot of small moves. Not sure what to make of them. Man U was the big mover and shaker of the transfer window adding Mata who's a piece they've been missing if he's utilized either as a winger or if he's used as a Silva/Ozil type. They loaned out a ton, but their big sale was getting rid of Fabio. New Castle sold Cabaye which is big for them and got Luuk De Jong on loan. May position them better for this season but long term that's scary.

On a non-contender level Stoke acquired Juan Agudelo and then loaned him out, but that brings the total Americans on that squad (well 3 of them are on loan) to 4. They hold onto now 2 of the more promising but questionable Americans in Agudelo and Shea, hopefully they don't wreck their development.

gilesfan
02-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Defoe is third choice striker and was about to get passed by Kane. Good for him that he gets to go somewhere and play.

Siggy plays alot bc he plays on the left side they don't really have much on the left side. Erikson is currently playing there out of necessity. Holtby is a holding midfielder and has to compete against Erikson (when not on the left), Dembelle, Cap, Paulinho, and Sandro. And now the young kid Bentaleb has been playing well so no real spot for Holtby.

zitothebrave
02-01-2014, 10:20 AM
But Sigurdsson has not played well period. Maybe they should just leave Erikson out there and throw someone else as a holding. Also Sandro has not played very well this year.

Their 5 best midfielders this season have been Dembele, Townsend, Erikson, Paulhino, and Lennon, Holtby is near the top of that next group. If one of those guys isn't starting or subbing, Holtby should be one of the first considerations. Given how bad Sigurddson has been in possession (more turnovers and less key passes than Holtby) why not just leave Erikson up there? I mean they basically run a 4-2-3-1 right? Though I guess they've been using Soldado more recently right? If that's the case maybe a 4-1-3-2 would be better and play a more middle game. Can't give minutes to a guy who's been severely out of form. Kicker with Sigurdsson is that he's been in very poor form in the premier league cancelling out his hotstreak from earlier where he was in good scoring form.

gilesfan
02-01-2014, 10:36 AM
They switched to a 4-4-2 under Sherwood. Siggy plays sporatically since Sherwood took over. Essentially Soldado/Ade up top with Erikson/Paulinho/X/Lennon behind them.

Sandro has played well. He's the best defensive midfielder they have. Holtby is nothing special, essentially another body.

Siggy is inconsistent, but is a guy that gets in good positions and finds a way to score key goals. That is why gets him in the lineup.

zitothebrave
02-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Sandro is OK if you just want a defender, his offensive contributions are often that.

BTW does anyone else thing Ribery got robbed? I mean Ronaldo was great, that's for sure, and Ribery has missed time, but unlike Ronaldo, Ribery was a key for his team winning both the UCL and the Bundesliga. Bayern is also well on it's way to another league title and Ribery was also key for France which is the same argument used for Ronaldo.

On a similar note, how did Man City/Barca and Arsenal/Bayern get a draw? And then do they get each other after that?

zitothebrave
02-01-2014, 11:13 AM
Damn fine shot by Adam.

zitothebrave
02-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Mix is gonna be a hell of a CM for the US.

The Chosen One
02-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Tottenham sucks. Who cares what they do? lol

Perennial Europa contenders for sure.

gilesfan
02-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Lol Arsenal

zitothebrave
02-12-2014, 04:37 PM
Arsenal was outplayed by Man U today considering they were at home. Arsenal only had a few real chances. Man U had 2 near goals.

gilesfan
02-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Another LOL Arsenal.

gilesfan
02-12-2014, 05:03 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/7359289b3cf3c969a25aa9e3d52bb0dd/tumblr_n0wk8dRsKT1r8e765o1_400.gif

zitothebrave
02-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Lol that was epically bad, did the dude get carded for diving?

gilesfan
02-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Lol that was epically bad, did the dude get carded for diving?

Nope

zitothebrave
02-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Wow, hopefully he gets fined. That was brutal. Almost as bad as the dive that got Besler suspended from the mexico game.

zitothebrave
02-14-2014, 11:02 PM
2 things first

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1715716/chelsea-jose-mourinho-arsenal-arsene-wenger-specialist-failure?cc=5901

"He's a specialist in failure. I am not.

"The reality is he's a specialist because eight years without a piece of silverware, that is failure."

Wow Mourinho is going for the jugular

Second

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1716289/julian-green-bayern-munich-train-usmnt-march?cc=5901

Julian Green committing to the US would be a huge coup. He hasn't committed, but Jurgen has been good at recruiting german/us players to the US.

zitothebrave
02-19-2014, 05:16 PM
SAV, bet you don't want to see this face again

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/73098000/jpg/_73098822_021206534-2.jpg

The caption from BBC is sick I didn't realize Kroos was that insane

Goal scorer Toni Kroos made the most amount of passes in the match from either side. His 152 passes were completed with a 96.7% success rate. Jack Wilshere made the most passes for Arsenal, with just 30.

Obviously losing Woj early on is part of why this happened but 79-21 possession for Bayern is insane. Total domination by Bayern.

The Chosen One
02-19-2014, 07:25 PM
That Woj call was stupid. In a big game like this the refs took over. Woj had to contest that and he tried to avoid.

zitothebrave
02-19-2014, 07:57 PM
That Woj call was stupid. In a big game like this the refs took over. Woj had to contest that and he tried to avoid.
It hurts cause you'll be going to Munich without your starting keeper. But I think the result would have been about the same. Bayern is an unstoppable force.

The Chosen One
02-19-2014, 08:00 PM
1-0 would be big today. We went there and won 2-1 last time.

zitothebrave
02-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Bayern was sitting on their heels that game. That won't happen under Pep. It will be another big win for them.

The Chosen One
02-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Idk. Mostly same players on both teams. Also, Wenger is historically thr manager that has given pep the most trouble with tight games. Never know what could've happened today if the awful call on Woj didn't happen. Playing 10 men for 60 minutes is bad.

zitothebrave
02-19-2014, 10:01 PM
10 men on 60 is rough, especially against the best or at worst one of the 3 best teams in the world.

Both teams have improved since last year, Arsenal added Ozil, and that's the big one, Bayern added Gotze and Thiago. The big difference though is that Bayern added arguably the best coach in the world. Bayern lost a few guys but most of the guys they got rid of were unnecessary. Bayern of course is also a much better team. Them letting Arsenal even close was a huge mistake by them.

The Chosen One
02-19-2014, 10:29 PM
Ozil is gassed. He barely sprints anymore compared to first month. He's never played this many games before in a season and have to play big games.

In la liga who are the biggest threats other than Barca or Real Madrid? Atletico?

Ozil had to play CL, Man City, ManU, and Liverpool twice in 2 weeks. He's already small and relies on touch and finese. He'll be more fit next year.

zitothebrave
02-19-2014, 10:38 PM
That's because the Spanish and German leagues have easier league play than the BPL. That's why they do better in the international stage in reality. That plus the lesser quality opponents. Aside from the top squads you can get more rest days.

Ozil will be fine, the same thing happened with Hazard, Silva, etc. adn they adapted.

The Chosen One
02-19-2014, 11:21 PM
That's because the Spanish and German leagues have easier league play than the BPL. That's why they do better in the international stage in reality. That plus the lesser quality opponents. Aside from the top squads you can get more rest days.

Ozil will be fine, the same thing happened with Hazard, Silva, etc. adn they adapted.

I know Ozil will be fine. May take a year or two. And yes they have easier leagues to play. Lots of critics want Wenger out. We've been Top 4 the last 16 years, have been in debt from the new stadium still and he manages to produce solid teams and qualify for CL every year. We don't have the money of ManCity, Man U or Chelsea, but we still compete. And we haven't been below Tottenham on the final day of the standings in quite some time. How many managers could lose Thierry Henry in his prime, Van Persie in his prime, and Fabgregas entering his prime and still be successful?

That's one reason I like Arsenal. Very consistent in producing good teams on the field like the Braves, and they emphasize quality scouting over going out and spending. They develop a lot of their players, can't say the same for a lot of the top teams. Also, Wenger has class unlike douches like Mourinho. He also doesn't chastise his players publicly like Bobby and Fredi, and the players all respect him because he sticks up for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87i-Ve1tMUc

zitothebrave
02-19-2014, 11:49 PM
Getting rid of Wenger won't help Arsenal unless they got a better manager which there are only like 3 guys I'd say for sure are better who aren't out of soccer. Pep, Mourinho, and Ancelotti.

Really only City adn Chelsea in the BPA go heavy spending. Man U doesn't "grow" players but they get guys young and cheap like Phil Jones, Valencia, Vidic, Nani, Rooney (well comparatively cheap), etc.

Arsenal is a great squad, they're just not comparable to Bayern who's really only in competition as a powerhouse with Barca and Real. Other teams do well but they're not on their level.

The Chosen One
02-19-2014, 11:53 PM
Mourinho is overrated. Show me a place he didn't have big pockets and win?

And I think if Arsenal played their full lineup against Bayern it would've been nil-nil or a win. This is the first time they've lost at home all year I believe.

I'm talking

----Woj-----
Sagna----Mert-----Kosciel------Gibbs
Flamini------Wilshere
Walcott-------Ozil--------Ox/Ramsey (he was on fire before getting hurt)
Giroud/Bendtner

Instead we played a B squad and of course had 60 minutes of 10 man play.

zitothebrave
02-19-2014, 11:56 PM
Bayern is the better squad, they would have broken through.

Also there is a skill to managing highly paid players. It's the Joe Torre thing, there is a certain skill to handling big personalities.

The Chosen One
02-19-2014, 11:58 PM
Bayern is the better squad, they would have broken through.

Also there is a skill to managing highly paid players. It's the Joe Torre thing, there is a certain skill to handling big personalities.

Joe Torre has class. Mourinho is the biggest deuche in football. Even Ferguson wasn't as big of a deuche.

zitothebrave
02-20-2014, 12:05 AM
Soccer is a different sport than Baseball. Different standards and rules. Jose can be classy when it's called for (like after the Real/Man U game where Nani was sent off wrongly)

goldfly
02-21-2014, 03:12 AM
got word back

going to Brazil

got tickets for the USA vs Ghana and the Ivory Coast vs Japan game. can't wait

gilesfan
02-24-2014, 02:12 PM
Mourinho

And I think if Arsenal played their full lineup against Bayern it would've been nil-nil or a win. This is the first time they've lost at home all year I believe.

You drunk.

The Chosen One
02-24-2014, 02:17 PM
You drunk.

It wouldn't have been 2-0, maybe not even 1-0. Be real here the stupid red card to Woj is what turned the game into BM's favor.

And I forgot they lost to AV at home on the first game. They have not lost since then.

zitothebrave
02-24-2014, 02:31 PM
It wouldn't have been 2-0, maybe not even 1-0. Be real here the stupid red card to Woj is what turned the game into BM's favor.

And I forgot they lost to AV at home on the first game. They have not lost since then.

They lost at home agains tChelsea in the Capital One cup, Dortmund in the UCL

And the only teams they've beaten at home worth a damn is Liverpool and Tottenham. Drew against Chelsea, Man U, and Everton, have yet to play Man City

zitothebrave
02-24-2014, 02:40 PM
2 things to add as well. No team I listed above is close to as good as Bayern. Only Real and Barca.

As stated above, Arsenal lost to DOrtmund when they were in better form, and Dortmund is 20 points in the table behind Bayern. Bayern is 20-2-0 in the Bundesliga right now, they have not lost or drawn a match in 2 month, they haven't been held to under 2 goals since the beginning of November. They've all in all lost 2 matches all year, the Super Cup against DOrtmund, and a comefrom behind UCL victory by City.

Side note, Fabian Johnson moving to Borussia Monchengladbach. GOod move for him.

MrShwag
02-26-2014, 12:14 AM
2 things to add as well. No team I listed above is close to as good as Bayern. Only Real and Barca. .

I think PSG are also "close".. and they, as well as Real Madrid and Barcelona have the only shot at beating them

I have not watched a lot of Bayern without any Bundesliga access through Comcrap - but watching them vs. Arsenal I'm not certain they have fully optimized the Guardiola tiki-taka possession based style. No doubt they are a force. But I wonder if they might be exploitable against a team with strong counter-attacking such as Ronaldo / Bale / Di Maria / Benzema at Real Madrid or Ibra / Lavezzi / Cavani at PSG. Barcelona can go both ways - counter and possess really well.

Either way, round of 8 is going to be tight. I see Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Athletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, PSG, Olympiakos, and Chelsea through.

zitothebrave
02-26-2014, 12:27 AM
Very good points.

I don't think Bayern will utilize a true tiki-taka style like Barca had simply because the style of play in the Bundesliga is very different than in Spain. So I think it will be a blend of zone attacking with a higher work rate. He seemingly has introduced the false 9 though. Manzucic has done a great job but like at Barca, he wants a lot of goals from his attacking mids and Muller, Robben, Ribery, Gotze, and Shaqiri have combined for 34 goals in the Bundesliga. There's been some rumors that Manzukic may leave and they may not replace him. Of course the more popular rumor is he leaves and Lewandowski comes in. Will be interesting to watch. I think Bayern would kill with Lewandowski though, he's a poacher which I think would succeed in their system and I can see him collecting a lot of goals on botched saves and what not.

I think overall you'll see a system between Barca and Bayern last year. Total domination on the ball, but these guys unlike the Barca players are gonna take shots.

I think Real is the scariest team right now. Because of what you mentioned, the track stars they have out there can turn a counter in no time. PSG has striking talent but they don't ahve the speed and a well timed counter lead by Ronaldo or Bale is scary with how good they are in possession.

I do think Bayern needs to address their defense though.I think instead of buying Gotze they should have targeted Hummels. Obviously Gotze is a better player, but Hummels I think plugs a need for them better. THey need a big bad CB to hold their line down. ALso probably can upgrade over Rafinha.

zitothebrave
02-26-2014, 12:32 AM
Also I think the evolution of Tony Kroos has been awesome to watch. He's become a deadly passer. Still has a ton of room for growth,

The only problem for him though, with how awesome Thiago has been, and Schweinsteiger next to him. He's gonna struggle for PT. Alaba also has gotten his fair share of PT as well but that's expected.

zitothebrave
02-26-2014, 07:06 PM
Realm of interesting, Real scored 6 goals. Going Benzema, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, Renaldo.

MrShwag
02-28-2014, 11:25 AM
The most recent incarnation of Espana:

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas [Real Madrid], Pepe Reina [Napoli], Victor Valdes [Barcelona]

Defenders: Juanfran Torres [Atletico Madrid], Javi Martinez [Bayern Munich], Sergio Ramos [Real Madrid], Jordi Alba [Barcelona], Cesar Azpilicueta [Chelsea], Raul Albiol [Napoli].

Midfielders: Xabi Alonso [Real Madrid], Sergio Busquets, Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta & Cesc Fabregas [Barcelona], Koke [Atletico Madrid], Thiago Alcantara [Bayern], Jesus Navas & David Silva [Man City], Santi Cazorla [Arsenal].

Attackers: Diego Costa [Atletico], Alvaro Negredo [Man City], Pedro Rodriguez [Barca]

So sick.

zitothebrave
03-01-2014, 05:32 PM
First off, Lol Arsenal.

Second, I want to say it's an interesting battle between who's got the better mids between Spain and Germany. You listed the mids above for spain, Germany has Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Gotze, Muller (Bayern) Khedira (Real) Ozil, Podelski (arsenal) Schurrle (Chelsea) Lars Bender (Leverkusen) Sven Bender, Reus (Dortmund) and Draxler (Schalke)

zitothebrave
03-05-2014, 02:16 PM
So what 23 players do you take the World Cup if you're Jurgen Klinsmann?

For me I go

GK - Howard, Guzan, Rimando. Rimando could be replaced by younger guys like Hamid or Johnson but odds of the 3rd keeper seeing any PT are small
DF - Gonzalez, Besler, Beasley, Cameron, Goodson, Castillo, Evans
MF - Bradley, Jones, DIskerud, Zusi,Johnson, Shea, Klestjan
FW - Jozy, Dempsey, Landycakes, Wondo, Gomez, Johannsson.

My starting would be

LB - Beasley
CB - Gonzo
CB - Besler
RB - Johnson
CDM - Bradley
CDM - Jones (quick trigger on him if he keeps struggling he's a big red card risk and replace him with Mix or Cameron)
RAM - Zusi
CF - Dempsey
LAM - Donovan (figure as the better attacker between Zusi and himself)
ST - jozy

My first choice subs are Johannsson, Shea, Cameron, and Mix.

zitothebrave
03-05-2014, 02:23 PM
US defense looks terrible but it's probably going to considering the Ukraine is a great team and the US is starting a bunch of guys who won't be starting.

Anyway got to love this game. You can hear all the eff bombs.

zitothebrave
03-05-2014, 02:45 PM
I may have to remove Klestjan, jeez he's looked terrible today. Castillo may wind up on the block as well. He's looked brutal today against a quality winger.

zitothebrave
03-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Slightly rough result for the US.

The only super weak parts of the game was the play by Klestjan and the CBs with Castillo.

ALtidore was good in his small bursts but didn't get enough balls played to him. Dempsey was flat in the first half but showed life in the second half. Bedoya I think earned his way onto the World Cup squad. Cameron made some mistakes, but overall was very strong. All the bench players made very positive results. Shea still has some work to hone his technique but the second he came on he made a handful of great plays. Johannsson is great and kind of making me tweak my potential starting roster to

CM - Bradley
CM - Zusi
RM - Donovan
LM - Dempsey
ST - Johannsson
ST - Jozy

Hard to bench Jones or Zusi, but if Johannsson is in form going into the WC it's something that has to be considered.

For me watching the game today with guys on the potential bubble, Cameron locked his spot showing a 3rd position he can play at a decent level, Shea I think locked his spot as a bench player, I think Bedoya went up, Kljestan went down, and Brooks proved he wasn't ready. Onyewu needed a dominant performance to be in the discussion and he was bad.

The biggest positive for the US was Howard was amazing. Even acceptable defensive play we draw at worst. Howard made huge saves only to have the Ukrainians gain second chances. Both of the first chances were the defense's fault as well. Positive is that only Cameron wil likely make the WC roster and he shouldn't be starting.

The Chosen One
03-11-2014, 04:03 PM
Arsenal fighting. Doubtful they tie the aggregate being down 2 goals now.

zitothebrave
03-11-2014, 09:11 PM
Arsenal fighting. Doubtful they tie the aggregate being down 2 goals now.

http://vicvapor.com/files/2014/02/Bayern-Munchen-Wallpaper-HD-2013.jpg

zitothebrave
03-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Kinda feel bad for Man U, Liverpool got 2 soft penalties on their way to a 3-0 win. Letter of the law both were penalties, but 90% of th etime neither of them are called. Tough luck season and Moyes has to be feeling the heat. He won't be fired this year if he misses out on the UCL but he will be on the super hot seat next year and he really hasn't had th etime to get his team together.

zitothebrave
03-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Holy **** FIFA better not mess this up.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/18/u-s-soccer-makes-it-official-julian-green-has-applied-to-play-for-the-united-states/

Julian Green if he comes to America should immediately be on the WC squad. His talent alone makes him a must for the squad to come off the bench. Having 2 freak athletes like him and Shea on the bench would be great.

zitothebrave
03-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Steve Cherundolo retires from professional soccer, sad to hear. I though 2 years ago he had one more WOrld Cup in him, he just couldn't amke it back on the pitch after his knee injury. Sadly I think the same fate may fall on Stu Holden.

The Chosen One
03-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Big game for Gooners at Stamford Bridge.

zitothebrave
03-19-2014, 10:32 PM
ALso forgot to comment, huge win for the Red Devils, RvP with a hat trick. Huge home wins for Man U and Chelsea keep 2 teams alive from the BPL in the UCL. I for sure thought that after the 0-2 loss on the road, man U was done, but heck of a comeback for thme and potentially eases some pressure off Moyes. Would be funny if they pull a surprise run like Chelsea did.

zitothebrave
03-21-2014, 08:37 AM
UCL Quarterfinal draw was setup to get the big 3 and one high spender to the semifinals. Bayern gets Man U, Barca gets Atletico, and Real gets Dortmund. Chelsea and PSG play each other. With no top squads (aka real, barca or Bayern playing each other, can even through PSG into that group) they're really setting it up to go through to the finals with as big of names as possible.

zitothebrave
03-22-2014, 11:18 PM
Big game for Gooners at Stamford Bridge.

Really showed up to play.

The Chosen One
03-22-2014, 11:44 PM
Sucked. The injuries are really taking a toll on the team.

Didn't help that the red card was at 15... it was cruise control for Chelsea after.

Team has fallen asleep at the wheel at Liverpool, at Man C, and at Chelsea. Coincidentally these were all 12:45 local British time.

zitothebrave
03-23-2014, 08:10 AM
Sucked. The injuries are really taking a toll on the team.

Didn't help that the red card was at 15... it was cruise control for Chelsea after.

Team has fallen asleep at the wheel at Liverpool, at Man C, and at Chelsea. Coincidentally these were all 12:45 local British time.

They were down 2-0 before Ox mimicked Chesney

The Chosen One
03-23-2014, 01:21 PM
They were down 2-0 before Ox mimicked Chesney

They could've tied and not have been 6 0

zitothebrave
03-23-2014, 03:12 PM
They could've tied and not have been 6 0

They were getting their tits ripped. They probably still would have gotten their tits ripped.