PDA

View Full Version : 9,000,000, Zito

Krgrecw
09-23-2013, 03:58 PM
This is our best iPhone launch yet―more than nine million new iPhones sold―a new record for first weekend sales,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “The demand for the new iPhones has been incredible, and while we’ve sold out of our initial supply of iPhone 5s, stores continue to receive new iPhone shipments regularly. We appreciate everyone’s patience and are working hard to build enough new iPhones for everyone.”

That's ****ing impressive

AerchAngel
09-23-2013, 04:02 PM
This is our best iPhone launch yet―more than nine million new iPhones sold―a new record for first weekend sales,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “The demand for the new iPhones has been incredible, and while we’ve sold out of our initial supply of iPhone 5s, stores continue to receive new iPhone shipments regularly. We appreciate everyone’s patience and are working hard to build enough new iPhones for everyone.”

That's ****ing impressive

When the wife ask me about buying 100 shares, I said it was too expensive (Around $70 dollars several years ago).

Well, she is giving me the business every time we look at our portfolio about this but we tripled the amount we made but that alone (Apple) would have paid a nice chunk of my house off at present time)

Krgrecw
09-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Yeah. I don't have to much expendable income so I only bought 12-15 shares at $70. Bought a few more in the high 500's like an idiot though.

9 million is incredible amount of phones sold and that is without China Mobile (the biggest carrier in the world) and their 700,000,000 subscribers. When that deal is announced that will be at least another 50 million iPhones sold. Quite Possibly 100 million more iPhones sold. That deal will shoot the stock up big time.

weso1
09-23-2013, 06:18 PM
The idea of 9,000,000 Zito's running around is very frightening to me.

Krgrecw
09-23-2013, 06:24 PM
I'm just trying to get Zito to get over his apple hate.

sturg33
09-23-2013, 07:07 PM
sheep will be sheep

zitothebrave
09-23-2013, 09:00 PM
"But the other, much more important factor in the iPhone’s recent sales success is that this year’s launch included more countries than last year’s. Specifically: China. In the past, China got the iPhone three months after it was made available in the U.S. and other markets. This was the first time the launch was simultaneous there and here. The lines were fulsome at stores in China, with similar reports of people gravitating toward the 5S, and the gold model in particular. Having hundreds of millions of potential new customers on Day 1 certainly helped push those overall sales figures way up."

FWIW the iPhone 5 I believe sold like 6 million units, given the estimate of 3 to 1 5S to 5C it basically puts the "premium" iphone sales aroudn the same units despite being accessible to way more consumers (just in the US T-Mobile)

yeezus
09-24-2013, 06:45 AM
sheep will be sheep

Never understood why some get so bent out of shape that people like apple products.
Droid has similar fanboys.

Tapate50
09-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Who cares? Why do phones have fanboys? Why doesn't toilet paper have these arguements. There is something you use every day that can cause you more irritation or relief than a version of a phone. Charmin guy here.

sturg33
09-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Never understood why some get so bent out of shape that people like apple products.
Droid has similar fanboys.

I love apple. Basically every electronic device I own is Apple (just broke my ipad and replaced it with a macbook pro)

But the iphone has become kind of a joke to folks who are paying attention. I had a 4S and just made the change. I was sick of all the BS "upgrades" that were 3 years behind the rest of the market.

yeezus
09-24-2013, 11:16 AM
I love apple. Basically every electronic device I own is Apple (just broke my ipad and replaced it with a macbook pro)

But the iphone has become kind of a joke to folks who are paying attention. I had a 4S and just made the change. I was sick of all the BS "upgrades" that were 3 years behind the rest of the market.

I got you.
I don't love my iphone anymore, either. I'm looking to try a droid when my contract is up. My iphone is just really easy to use.

sturg33
09-24-2013, 11:25 AM
I got you.
I don't love my iphone anymore, either. I'm looking to try a droid when my contract is up. My iphone is just really easy to use.

I just got the GS4... it is definitely a whole new world but as I am learning it there is a lot to like.

Metaphysicist
09-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Who cares? Why do phones have fanboys? Why doesn't toilet paper have these arguements. There is something you use every day that can cause you more irritation or relief than a version of a phone. Charmin guy here.

TOILET PAPER IS FOR SHEEPLE. EMBRACE THE BUM GUM.

http://lipstickandleopardprint.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Screen-Shot-2013-06-02-at-6.12.42-PM.png

BRule
09-30-2013, 11:09 AM
#1 (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-passes-coca-cola-most-232758587.html)