PDA

View Full Version : Coppy should be considered for executive of the year award.

weso1
07-21-2017, 08:41 PM
If by this year it means after the 2016 WS till the end of the 2017 WS. Let's take a look at his best acquisitions.

- Matt Adams - We traded a potential light hitting DH for a guy who has put up a .900 plus OPS.
- Brandon Phillips - He's quietly having one of his best seasons and we gave up absolutely nothing for him.
- Tyler Flowers - I believe he was signed to a 2 year deal this offseason. Another guy who is having a career year.
- Jim Johnson - I know he's got some blown saves, but he's actually been pretty good this year. Statistically it's been one of his best seasons.

We got a lot of value from all four of those guys for the price. We kept all of our prospects, which is the most important thing.

I can think of one really bad move he made this offseason, which is obviously Barolo Colon. So you've got one bad move and 4 good moves that has turned a team that really had no business in the playoff discussion suddenly become a part of the conversation.

nsacpi
07-21-2017, 10:22 PM
Suzuki has also turned to gold

Heyward
07-22-2017, 08:02 AM
And Jaime Garcia who he traded for could net a decent return after his game vs LA last night.

When he didnt trade all that much for him in the first place.

thethe
07-22-2017, 09:45 PM
Wren deserves all the credit

nsacpi
07-23-2017, 08:19 AM
Wren deserves all the credit

for the HO trade

thethe
07-23-2017, 10:39 AM
for the HO trade

Definitely that move