PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't Aware...

Pages : [1] 2

clvclv
07-07-2013, 03:36 PM
This was a "divide" in the old board allegiances. Don't know about the arguments because I intentionally try to avoid them. Please respectfully de-activate my account.

Go Braves!!!

Gary82
07-07-2013, 03:39 PM
This was a "divide" in the old board allegiances. Don't know about the arguments because I intentionally try to avoid them. Please respectfully de-activate my account.

Go Braves!!!

There isn't much of a divide among allegiances. It's more of a lopsided decision.

ChapelHillMatt
07-07-2013, 03:42 PM
No reason to leave, this is the place to be.

We don't talk much about what's happened in the past, we talk mostly about Braves baseball.

Gary82
07-07-2013, 03:43 PM
You're definitely welcome to stay here. If you want to continue to post here and try to keep scout going, that's fine.

BlackwaterPark
07-07-2013, 03:52 PM
So you're mad that we weren't happy with the way scout handled things? We were the pilgrims leaving the homeland for a better life lol

ChapelHillMatt
07-07-2013, 04:02 PM
I just went to scout for the first time in several weeks. That place has died, kind of sad to see. Nobody is even posting on gamethreads anymore.

The Chosen One
07-07-2013, 06:41 PM

Go Braves!!!

This isn't a divide in old board allegiances. The place you are at now, is literally shedded skin of its former self.

Patio banned people for questioning his authority which had gone way out of line. I was banned in October for the playoff game when I and everyone else were ranting about Sam Holbrooke. I was banned indefinitely. Didn't troll or calla nyoen names, I just said Holbrooke was a piece of work like everyone else did. Weso got banned for asking a legitimate question.

We all got up and left because that place was run into the ground. We re-formed the community somewhere else and this is where we have settled upon. I hold no ill will against you or parkvadawg over there because you aren't patio and only worked under him.

I've posted with tvsportscaster, nscapi,sentenza for a very long time there. I've been posting with sent for almost 10 years, tvsportscaster for half a decade + and same for nsacpi.

We're not going to simply "up" and leave and come back now that Patio is gone.

1) Because I've spent like $600+ of my own money in this place, so I'm staying here regardless.

2) I have a better vision for our community. I've dedicated a lot of time for stuff here, have even better stuff coming soon.

--

Again, it's no disrespect to you or any of the other admins/bosses there, we've just found a new place to enjoy discussing Braves baseball without fear of the iron claw.

TURBO
07-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Im staying here too regardless. Much more fun..

weso1
07-07-2013, 07:00 PM
The place you are at now, is literally shedded skin of its former self.

Gross.

The Chosen One
07-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Gross.
:cooter:

ChapelHillMatt
07-07-2013, 07:09 PM
There is really no reason to go back. All the good posters are over here. This place even looks better than scout and has better features. Plus who knows when scout will transform into foxsports. Remember how bad that was for the short amount of time they had it? This will be my permanent home. I also think we owe it to SAV to stay here after all the hard work he's put into this site.

57Brave
07-07-2013, 07:09 PM
I left because
a) there was no more intelligent conversation. Baseball or otherwise

b) they made AA a mod. Evidence the confrontation with Skidlee on another thread up page. The first Scoutish confrontation, I might add , I've witnessed since coming here at the end of May

c) where else can I be referred to as a "Creepy Lurking Stalker" ???

weso1
07-07-2013, 07:11 PM
This board has everything I need in a Braves forum. Great posters and lots of good info on the Braves thanks to rico and others. Plus this is a better message board... jmo. And it will only get better as the kinks are worked out.

No reason Scout and this board can't coexist. Our problems were with PD as an administrator... not with scout.com

weso1
07-07-2013, 07:14 PM

Your neighborhood?:Bunchie1:

jsebe10
07-07-2013, 07:23 PM
This board is awesome. I was banned under this screen name from Scout for not agreeing with the moderator. Its even funnier when you would see people who entertained the rudiculousness on that page become "Moderators" out of the blue one day. It was also tacky to see the head moderator make a thread thanking the other douche moderators what great a job they were doing laying the law on people. They ruined that board themselves with their egotistical actions and their self righteousness knob slobbing they would do as if there was a 401K incorporated with being a message board moderator.

Carp
07-07-2013, 07:34 PM
I left because

b) they made AA a mod. Evidence the confrontation with Skidlee on another thread up page. The first Scoutish confrontation, I might add , I've witnessed since coming here at the end of May

Definitely agree with this.

CyYoung31
07-07-2013, 08:23 PM
So, why did you come here in the first place then?

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just legitimately wondering.

TURBO
07-07-2013, 08:27 PM

Becuase of how awesome I am

Carp
07-07-2013, 08:56 PM

Just curious I guess.....

http://eatwatchrun.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/will-ferrel-harry-caray.jpg

gtcway
07-07-2013, 09:03 PM
I left because

I neither like nor dislike AA, but it seems to me like he's been more of a douchebag (his word I believe) since he became a mod at Scout. Guess not everyone can handle the power.

VirginiaBrave
07-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Guys I found this place when someone slipped a link in over there. Good to see most of the band over here. That place is dying the slow death. Been a member since the mid-00's but it is sad.

Julio3000
07-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Your neighborhood?:Bunchie1:

Sudden Valley.

nocalgirl10
07-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Just curious I guess.....

http://eatwatchrun.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/will-ferrel-harry-caray.jpg

Haha... this is awesome.

zitothebrave
07-08-2013, 12:25 AM
Sudden Valley.

Salad dressing, I think. But for some reason I don't want to eat it.

ChapelHillMatt
07-08-2013, 01:51 AM
Should have some more members tomorrow. There is a thread on scout asking where everyone is and I told them we have gone to another board. I've PM'd 3 different members this link. I expect more to ask about it. This will basically be what scout used to be.

TURBO
07-08-2013, 02:01 AM
Should have some more members tomorrow. There is a thread on scout asking where everyone is and I told them we have gone to another board. I've PM'd 3 different members this link. I expect more to ask about it. This will basically be what scout used to be.

Good work. I have a few accounts already banned.. And not getting any approved

Bdawg2309
07-08-2013, 05:05 AM
Is OP PD? Just has 2 posts.

Metaphysicist
07-08-2013, 05:24 AM
nah, clv is a longtime poster.

clvclv
07-08-2013, 05:46 AM
No, I'm not PD (thanks for the clarification Alex), and registered because I received a PM about this board.

As I mentioned, I don't know any details about the rifts between current or former Mods, with PD, or anything else, and have asked to be left out of them. If others have had issues over there, I certainly understand. I also realize how tough it is to try to get a board up and keep it active, and applaud anyone's efforts and hard work in doing so. I was initially asked to help out as a Mod, and have since been asked to help out a little more - not big on "Titles", but as Admin or Assistant Admin or whatever - and am working to bring some outside content to the board and revive the Premium side with chats, etc..

People will always clash because we're all passionate about the Braves, and I think we all enjoy spirited discussions about our opinions. My goal is simply to keep those discussions "civil" so as not to have differing opinions lead to lurkers feeling they don't want to contribute to discussions because they might get ridiculed, etc., and not "pick sides" - we all think we're right and will argue from time-to-time, but it's just because we're fans..."fanatics".

Again I just didn't realize I was stepping into the middle of anything, and apologize for any ruckus my registering may have caused. I've been a Premium member over there for years and have been asked to help out, and feel compelled to do so if I can.

NinersSBChamps
07-08-2013, 06:17 AM
Assistant to the admin

Hopefully someone understands it.

The Chosen One
07-08-2013, 06:32 AM
No, I'm not PD (thanks for the clarification Alex), and registered because I received a PM about this board.

As I mentioned, I don't know any details about the rifts between current or former Mods, with PD, or anything else, and have asked to be left out of them. If others have had issues over there, I certainly understand. I also realize how tough it is to try to get a board up and keep it active, and applaud anyone's efforts and hard work in doing so. I was initially asked to help out as a Mod, and have since been asked to help out a little more - not big on "Titles", but as Admin or Assistant Admin or whatever - and am working to bring some outside content to the board and revive the Premium side with chats, etc..

People will always clash because we're all passionate about the Braves, and I think we all enjoy spirited discussions about our opinions. My goal is simply to keep those discussions "civil" so as not to have differing opinions lead to lurkers feeling they don't want to contribute to discussions because they might get ridiculed, etc., and not "pick sides" - we all think we're right and will argue from time-to-time, but it's just because we're fans..."fanatics".

Again I just didn't realize I was stepping into the middle of anything, and apologize for any ruckus my registering may have caused. I've been a Premium member over there for years and have been asked to help out, and feel compelled to do so if I can.

Your registering didn't cause any ruckus, your assumptions that "our allegiances" were divided is what caused a ruckus. We all have a clear mind as to what we're doing here. There's no clouded gray area.

There are plenty here who were former premium members for years.

Metaphysicist
07-08-2013, 06:57 AM

Chris, post here all you want. It's the same community, it's just in a different location now. It's just the next step in the AccessAtlanta -> FanHome -> Scout -> ? progression.

The reason we moved was because those spirited discussions were eliminated. Basically every active poster here had comments deleted over nothing, and a good portion of us were outright banned for mundane offenses. Basically, we were encouraged to move on, so we did. I don't really view it as a "Team Scout" vs "Team ChopCountry" thing; I have no qualms with you being a Scout admin. But I do think that board has basically reached the end of it's life cycle.

zitothebrave
07-08-2013, 07:43 AM
What meta said. Some people are gonna be bitter about scout, but that will all go away at some point. What you do over there and here are 2 monsters. We're not gonna crucify you for being a mod or admin over there. If you want to come here to post go ahead. Meta's point is pretty much the central one, we moved to this board because of wanting more freedom, and every board is bound to die (this one included) and I think the Braves scout forum is at that point. Don't feel like no one wants you over here cause I'll take anyone who wants to add something to the board. A board can't grow without a variety of people and we need that.

weso1
07-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Why not just join this board and help this community of those you used to enjoy posting with grow? Why choose to help out a largely absent publisher and an admin who abused his power and banned/ran off most of us? You said in your post on scout that you welcome any and all posters to discuss openly their opinions and such, but unfortunately this was/is just not the case with PD as admin. Why support that instead of supporting us?

This is the new and best place to talk braves baseball. Why not support that if you have no dog in this fight, and you just want a place to read differing views about Braves baseball. Because that's exactly what you're going to get on this board.

gilesfan
07-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Patio left?

ChapelHillMatt
07-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Now I'm banned

BlackwaterPark
07-08-2013, 09:22 AM
What did you get banned for?

Now I'm banned

ChapelHillMatt
07-08-2013, 09:24 AM
I guess for posting we are posting on another board. I didn't even advertise this site publicly, all I did was answer the question posed last night on one of the threads. I'm assuming Patio did it. If this doesn't prove we did the right thing by starting this website then I don't know what does.

ChapelHillMatt
07-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Patio left?

He posted on the premium board last night and obviously banned me so he's still around

weso1
07-08-2013, 10:21 AM
I guess for posting we are posting on another board. I didn't even advertise this site publicly, all I did was answer the question posed last night on one of the threads. I'm assuming Patio did it. If this doesn't prove we did the right thing by starting this website then I don't know what does.

This board is just simply the place to be now. We have good discussions, great posters and excellent leadership here.

tululush
07-08-2013, 10:27 AM
He posted on the premium board last night and obviously banned me so he's still around

Hey guys, long time poster on the other site. Signed up over the weekend and am glad to be here!!! Thanks, Matt for reminding me to sign up!

I just went over to our old scout board and saw what you posted. They banned you for that? Wow. Anyways, glad to be on this site!!! Thanks for letting me in!

Julio3000
07-08-2013, 10:30 AM

Matt, I posted this in response to your post. It disappeared rapidly, which is fair enough, I guess.
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff511/poinsett/80aabc14-4a27-4bc2-8529-998d2c514b19_zpsbb08adbe.jpg

ChapelHillMatt
07-08-2013, 10:36 AM
lol.....that's awesome. I doubt many saw it though. Anyway I can still PM any member I like so they haven't prevented me from spreading the word, at least not yet.

I guess they banned us (I'm assuming you got the axe as well) for advertising another site. In my case they probably were afraid I was going to do it so they were pro active about making sure I didn't.

They know they can't afford to lose any more members. Doesn't matter, everyone I like posting with is over here now so I'm happy. I just hope no one over there signs up for premium, I'd hate to see someone waste their money. The fact that they are trying to get the premium board going before they get the free board fixed should be a red flag to everyone over there.

parkvadawg
07-08-2013, 10:37 AM
I know I for one will still post on both sites. I did eventually migrate over here because I miss reading the folks that I read for years and years before I started posting. I Just enjoy good baseball talk.

BlackwaterPark
07-08-2013, 10:47 AM
And the other big plus, we have girl threads!

Julio3000
07-08-2013, 10:50 AM
I wasn't banned, oddly enough. Not yet, anyway. I realize that posting the link may not be exactly kosher, but I was responding—like you were, Matt—to posters who were speculating or asking about members who might've moved on to another board.

All you said was yes, there is another board. It's pretty silly to ban you for that, IMO. I would encourage the admins over there to realize that people are going to vote with their feet, based on the quality of the community. They can use it as an opportunity to learn and improve, or they can try to do it with the guillotine. Whatever. It's not likely to end well if they continue to choose the latter.

/dead horse beating

parkvadawg
07-08-2013, 10:57 AM
To me it doesn't have to be one board or the other. I can see the folks that left after being banned (No idea if it was just or unjust never had the ability/desire to ban people). I for one hope this place continues to do well and hope the latter takes back off. It's just more entertainment/news.

ChapelHillMatt
07-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Well they must have left my post up because members keep PM'ing me asking where the new board is.

CyYoung31
07-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Matt, I posted this in response to your post. It disappeared rapidly, which is fair enough, I guess.
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff511/poinsett/80aabc14-4a27-4bc2-8529-998d2c514b19_zpsbb08adbe.jpg

Here. Take all my reputation.

BRule
07-08-2013, 11:02 AM
PD thought he was bigger than the posters, got drunk on beer and power. He thought he could whatever he wanted and people would still post....he was wrong.

Most of us have been posting together for 10+ years, he pissed most of us off....now he killed the best Braves forum on the internet, so he can put that on his resume.

Runnin
07-08-2013, 11:14 AM
I neither like nor dislike AA, but it seems to me like he's been more of a douchebag (his word I believe) since he became a mod at Scout. Guess not everyone can handle the power.
I think AA might very well be the Devil.

thethe
07-08-2013, 11:39 AM
I still don't know why I was banned.

I told PD that I didn't want to be a Mod anymore in a polite/respectful manner and just stopped posting all together on scout. I never advertised this board ONCE over there and yet I was banned. That was the last straw for me. I will never go back to scout.

anthmilliu
07-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Hey Chapel thanks for the heads up. I think this is the best group of posters a braves site has and I really enjoy reading everybody's different insight.

gilesfan
07-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Funny turn of events when I'm the one not banned though I've been banned 1,372 times previously.

yeezus
07-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Assistant to the admin

Hopefully someone understands it.

:icwudt:

Garmel
07-08-2013, 12:03 PM

Yeah, your post is still there. Thanks for directing me to over here. I was new to Scout as well and it didn't take long for me to figure out that place wasn't for me.

BRule
07-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Funny turn of events when I'm the one not banned though I've been banned 1,372 times previously.

Lol, I'm also not banned....well 1 of mine isn't....the other 50 are banned.

Garmel
07-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Yeah, your post is still there. Thanks for directing me to over here. I was new to Scout as well and it didn't take long for me to figure out that place wasn't for me.

Nevermind. It's down now.

ChapelHillMatt
07-08-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm guessing clvclv deleted it.

No harm done......at least you were able to find this place. Glad you are here.

weso1
07-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Jerry Starke, aka PD's new persona, edited the post directly beneath your deleted post. So it was probably PD who deleted your post.

TURBO
07-08-2013, 02:11 PM

exactly how I got banned too.

50PoundHead
07-08-2013, 02:15 PM
I banned myself over there. I was very harsh in a couple of posts and didn't like that feeling, so I just left. Didn't have a problem with PD or Aerch or anyone. I don't know why things disintegrated over there, but things have appeared to go a bit south. I had a couple of months left on my premium subscription after Shanks' departure and I found the new set of writers to border on the ridiculous. I know Bill could be a homer and rub some the wrong way, but he didn't post interviews with 16-year-old Latin American players that made them appear to speak the King's English. Just totally ridiculous premium coverage that I found bordering on fraudulent.

I was very loyal to Bill Shanks and thought it made sense to leave when he was no longer associated with Scout.

This place is fine, but I'm already sad that I've exceeded "creeper" status. LOL.

clvclv
07-08-2013, 03:26 PM
I'm guessing clvclv deleted it.

No harm done......at least you were able to find this place. Glad you are here.

I did delete it. Again, nothing personal, and I will continue to strive to stay out of the middle of anyone's personal issues. However, I'm working hard to try to make things better over there (spending my time, effort, and personal "favors" by asking outside reporters/bloggers/etc. to contribute if/when they can) and would prefer that others not "publicly recruit" posters and community members who don't have issues with things there. To be completely honest, some of the recruitment comments and PMs I've seen don't seem to make me feel like arguments and snarking won't develop here as well, and that cliques won't eventually develop too.

Again, that's not my concern - everyone has their own reasoning for whatever they choose to say and do, and have every right to do so. As whatever I am, I owe it to Scout and the community to simply try to keep things as civil as possible and make everyone feel welcome to join any discussion they'd like to.

ChapelHillMatt
07-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Did my post deserve a ban?

Doesn't bother me but I think it's silly. I didn't plan on going back over there anyway. I'm very happy here with this board. All the posters I've posted with for years are here so I don't have any desire to go back but if you are going to ban people for simply answering someone's question then you are going to have a hard time building the community back up.

In any event good luck to you.

Gary82
07-08-2013, 03:33 PM
I did delete it. Again, nothing personal, and I will continue to strive to stay out of the middle of anyone's personal issues. However, I'm working hard to try to make things better over there (spending my time, effort, and personal "favors" by asking outside reporters/bloggers/etc. to contribute if/when they can) and would prefer that others not "publicly recruit" posters and community members who don't have issues with things there. To be completely honest, some of the recruitment comments and PMs I've seen don't seem to make me feel like arguments and snarking won't develop here as well, and that cliques won't eventually develop too.

Again, that's not my concern - everyone has their own reasoning for whatever they choose to say and do, and have every right to do so. As whatever I am, I owe it to Scout and the community to simply try to keep things as civil as possible and make everyone feel welcome to join any discussion they'd like to.

Just to let you know, we will continue to PM posters. Whether it is public or not, the word will continue to get out.

Mrs. Meta
07-08-2013, 03:38 PM

*I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.

Gary82
07-08-2013, 04:02 PM
http://images.wikia.com/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/2/24/Boy-that-escalated-quickly_zps178aa246.jpg

BremanFan88
07-08-2013, 04:04 PM
*I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.

Lock this thread because this post just won. Repped.

Prikichi
07-08-2013, 04:07 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXl-MoJ-Mg3DNOpODH_0I57Bq4fzTYvLYEfplnpVQ9ATssf72g

Krgrecw
07-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Clvclv, to be rational..no matter what you want to do to the old site or how great you want to make it you have to realize that PD is still there being an ass. you can do everything you want to improve that site but PD will always be an ass and run people off. Truthfully you're really going to be wasting your time and eventually your going to get fed up and leave that place.

It's like if a ****ty CEO hires a good prez for his company. The CEO is still going to pull his **** and piss people off. The prez eventually quits. If you really want to do something big, do it here.

weso1
07-08-2013, 04:27 PM
and make everyone feel welcome to join any discussion they'd like to.

Except for the plethora of good and long time posters who have been banned without cause of course.

In reality this is the Braves forum where everyone is truly welcome to join into the discussion without having to walk all over egg shells every time they post. Our board is targeted toward everyone. PD's board is targeted toward Grandma. In reality the ultimate enemy of scout.com isn't this board... It's PD.

The Chosen One
07-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Jerry Starke, french cousin of Tony Stark.

Dalyn
07-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Except for the plethora of good and long time posters who have been banned without cause of course.

In reality this is the Braves forum where everyone is truly welcome to join into the discussion without having to walk all over egg shells every time they post. Our board is targeted toward everyone. PD's board is targeted toward Grandma. In reality the ultimate enemy of scout.com isn't this board... It's PD.

Yep. Well said.

The Chosen One
07-08-2013, 04:36 PM

Says the "Clique Leader"... :roll:

weso1
07-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Says the "Clique Leader"... :roll:

Bad rep comin

The Chosen One
Bad rep comin

:cooter:

thethe
Clit Commaneder. That deserves nomination right there.

Just put my nose on it!

jpx7
07-08-2013, 04:42 PM
PD thought he was bigger than the posters, got drunk on beer and power.

Never badmouth beer.

bosco
07-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the invite Turbo. I had wondered where everybody had gone.

TURBO
07-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the invite Turbo. I had wondered where everybody had gone.

Welcome.

Mrs. Meta
07-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Clit Commaneder. That deserves nomination right there.

Just put my nose on it!

I feel like with a name clit commander (or even commandeer), that SAV just might be objectifying the womens!

...it appears his AIM screenname of yesteryear was oh so appropriate. Que lastima!

Mrs. Meta
07-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Lock this thread because this post just won. Repped.

I'd give you more rep, but apparently I have to spread it around some more first.

What is this rep...a venereal disease? Enchante!

jsebe10
07-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Your registering didn't cause any ruckus, your assumptions that "our allegiances" were divided is what caused a ruckus. We all have a clear mind as to what we're doing here. There's no clouded gray area.

There are plenty here who were former premium members for years.

Premium member like me. And was since 2004...

The Chosen One
07-08-2013, 05:07 PM
I feel like with a name clit commander (or even commandeer), that SAV just might be objectifying the womens!

...it appears his AIM screenname of yesteryear was oh so appropriate. Que lastima!

Wait, who are you again?

jpx7
07-08-2013, 05:07 PM

No one would ever objectify women. Name one time in the entire course of human history that such a thing has happened.

Mrs. Meta
07-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Wait, who are you again?

GenericBravesFan, we conversed years n years ago oh so briefly, but ya probably don't remember me.

In any case, I *will* make you remember me this time, I promise!

Mrs. Meta
07-08-2013, 05:10 PM
No one would ever objectify women. Name one time in the entire course of human history that such a thing has happened.

Well, there was that one time thethe put Jeff Francoeur in his avatar...

jpx7
07-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Well, there was that one time thethe put Jeff Francoeur in his avatar...

Nice.

acesfull86
07-08-2013, 05:37 PM
So did anyone invite Bill Shanks?

Julio3000
07-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Nice.

Cruel.

And funny.

Julio3000
07-08-2013, 05:44 PM

Who?

Mrs. Meta
07-08-2013, 05:57 PM

I'd just as soon invite RSVandy from the Mets board so he can bring his Braves HoF schtick over hurr.

thethe
07-08-2013, 06:39 PM
I'd just as soon invite RSVandy from the Mets board so he can bring his Braves HoF schtick over hurr.

Hey man, those posters over there are good dudes. RSVandy is good natured.

Mrs. Meta
07-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Hey man, those posters over there are good dudes. RSVandy is good natured.

Haha, I'd never compare those guys to Shanks or even PD; they're the only reason I would still post on scout's site.

Mrs. Meta
07-08-2013, 07:29 PM
http://imgur.com/nGYXcLZ

SAV, my name's actually jared - I thought we had chatted years ago, I could be mistaken, my apologies if I am.

Both thethe and Weso can vouch for me being genericbravesfan.

The Chosen One
07-08-2013, 07:30 PM
What was my aim name?

Mrs. Meta
07-08-2013, 07:33 PM
What was my aim name?

jeffthemasturbatorsomething?

I honestly don't know why you're being so intense about this - especially with that PM.

Again, if I was wrong, my bad. I'll always keep your Furcal posts with me nonetheless.

The Chosen One
07-08-2013, 07:40 PM
LOL.

I'm not intense about it at all.

yeezus
07-08-2013, 08:00 PM
wait who is parkvagog from the other board? he's the most positive dude ever.

NinersSBChamps
07-08-2013, 08:44 PM
So Jared is Meta, correct?

Mrs. Meta
07-08-2013, 08:48 PM
So Jared is Meta, correct?

Or GenericBravesFan

...I haven't had an identity crisis like this since watching Pride and Prejudice :mad0182::mad0182:

Metaphysicist
07-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Who?

Him?

weso1
07-08-2013, 09:03 PM
This thread took a weird turn.

The Chosen One
07-08-2013, 09:04 PM
This thread took a weird turn.
YOU WANNT FIGHT HONKIE?

LETS GO.

THE CLIQUE VS. THE CLIT

weso1
07-08-2013, 09:06 PM
YOU WANNT FIGHT HONKIE?

LETS GO.

THE CLIQUE VS. THE CLIT

I think you should end every post with "feel me?"

Julio3000
07-08-2013, 09:07 PM
When you guys make up you can merge your organizations and call it The Clitique.

Mrs. Meta
07-08-2013, 09:09 PM
When you guys make up you can merge your organizations and call it The Clitique.

If it works like it did for my acne has a teenager, I'm all for it.

...or maybe that was clinique...either way.

The Chosen One
07-08-2013, 09:10 PM
What about when we absorb the Chip Caray Fanclub?

Too many cliques on here just as AA/Zito feared.

You have the regular users, the Cliq, the Clit, and the Chip Caray Fanclub.

nocalgirl10
07-08-2013, 09:11 PM

A store where you can buy clits....pretty sweet.

Are any of our posts really "useful"? It either sounds pretentious or just super condescending. I prefer the latter.

The Chosen One
07-08-2013, 09:13 PM
A store where you can buy clits....pretty sweet.

Are any of our posts really "useful"? It either sounds pretentious or just super condescending. I prefer the latter.

:emot-siren.gif.17:

Julio3000
07-08-2013, 09:16 PM

Braves play-by-play announcer, 2027 season: Clit Caray.

weso1
07-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Why are the mods on Scout now referred to as PeePee protectors? Seems weird to me.

The Chosen One
07-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Why are the mods on Scout now referred to as PeePee protectors? Seems weird to me.

The clique theory is spreading.

Mrs. Meta
07-08-2013, 09:25 PM

Speaking of pee pee protectors, I totally wear adult diapers sometimes due to my cerebral palsy, doesn't make me feel any more modly, though.

... Squishy, perhaps.

weso1
07-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Welp... might be time to move this thread over to the ole Wild Joe West forum.

The Chosen One
07-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Welp... might be time to move this thread over to the ole Wild Joe West forum.

Was thinking about that 2 page ago... but now that someone's actually offended (nocalgirl), I think it's definitely time.

nocalgirl10
07-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Was thinking about that 2 page ago... but now that someone's actually offended (nocalgirl), I think it's definitely time.

That was sarcasm. I don't ever get offended ;)

TURBO
07-08-2013, 10:20 PM
How did I miss this. we need pagers Weso

Julio3000
07-08-2013, 10:24 PM

If you really want to cultivate that mall clique thing, then yeah, definitely.

NinersSBChamps
07-08-2013, 10:57 PM

Da Clik rulez all boi!

http://www.daclick.nl/images/da_click.gif

NinersSBChamps
07-08-2013, 10:59 PM

http://memoryglands.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/452.jpg

TURBO
07-08-2013, 11:01 PM
http://memoryglands.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/452.jpg

Exactly

Julio3000
07-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Well, I did get banned, finally.

This is what it feels like over there now:
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff511/poinsett/jair_sad_orca_zps4376ea1f.jpg

clvclv
07-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Honestly really sorry this degenerated into this kind of deal.

As I said several times, I HAD no interest in "choosing sides". Unfortunately it seems trying to remain above the fray is useless.

You guys have established your own new community. I applaud you for your efforts.

I'm going to step aside on the Scout board as well because it's pretty obvious trying to play referee with a bunch of 12 year olds who feel slighted is a waste of my time. If you think that's not what this has degenerated itself into, you're kidding yourself.

I can read everybody's holier than thou opinions on Twitter where no one has to worry about trying to be civil when they spout their *ull****..

The side I choose is my own, and I'll remain just as passionate a fan as I've been for 39 years...just not here or Scout.

If your goal was to destroy what was left of the community over there, I certainly won't stand in your way - you've offered seven pages of whining about how PD wronged you and ruined your life and that's all the evidence I need to see to understand that you've been irreparably wronged. Let me know when the next 16 year old steps on someone's toes.

I mentioned several times that I wasn't defending any stances personally. The problem is that I've yet to see anyone explain that their issue was anything other than being asked to "clean things up". Disagreements are part of everyday life. How we deal with them defines who we are. If you're still whining about how you were "wronged" when you've established a new community, that tells me a lot about what I need to know.

I asked to have my account deactivated because I didn't want to be part of a childish argument between 12 year olds, and it turned into a 7 page thread. I'm no better than anyone on either side, but I can promise you that if you'd look at several of the comments in this thread objectively you'd realize they sound as ridiculous as what you're complaining about.

Gary82
07-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Happy trails, clvclv.

The Chosen One
07-08-2013, 11:44 PM

As I said several times, I HAD no interest in "choosing sides". Unfortunately it seems trying to remain above the fray is useless.

You guys have established your own new community. I applaud you for your efforts.

I'm going to step aside on the Scout board as well because it's pretty obvious trying to play referee with a bunch of 12 year olds who feel slighted is a waste of my time. If you think that's not what this has degenerated itself into, you're kidding yourself.

I can read everybody's holier than thou opinions on Twitter where no one has to worry about trying to be civil when they spout their *ull****..

The side I choose is my own, and I'll remain just as passionate a fan as I've been for 39 years...just not here or Scout.

If your goal was to destroy what was left of the community over there, I certainly won't stand in your way - you've offered seven pages of whining about how PD wronged you and ruined your life and that's all the evidence I need to see to understand that you've been irreparably wronged. Let me know when the next 16 year old steps on someone's toes.

I mentioned several times that I wasn't defending any stances personally. The problem is that I've yet to see anyone explain that their issue was anything other than being asked to "clean things up". Disagreements are part of everyday life. How we deal with them defines who we are. If you're still whining about how you were "wronged" when you've established a new community, that tells me a lot about what I need to know.

I asked to have my account deactivated because I didn't want to be part of a childish argument between 12 year olds, and it turned into a 7 page thread. I'm no better than anyone on either side, but I can promise you that if you'd look at several of the comments in this thread objectively you'd realize they sound as ridiculous as what you're complaining about.

I can't speak for everyone here, and I certainly don't condone some of the comments made here directed at you or Scout, but honestly that place is going down the tubes.

A lot of us are puzzled why Patio still works there or has some type of influential position.

Patio's definition of clean up is what the problem was. I agree that some of hte gameday threads were getting out of hand with ridiculous bashing and what not. But him banning people indefinitely for things that had nothing to do with it are an entirely different problem. I understand you're trying to stay above the fray, but this fight was taken to a place farther than you or I could get away from.

I simply said "Sam Holbrooke you piece of $#!+!!" like everybody else did that night and I was banned and was NEVER REINSTATED. Of course, the guy doesn't accept PM's so how in the world could I even ask him to lift the ban when 1) I can't post 2) He doesn't accept PM's?

The reality is, even gameday threads here will get kind of ridiculous at some point. I think it has more to do with the fact that Bravesfans have been pulled down to a level of fanaticism where we really really want to get to the playoffs and have another series because we feel the results would not be the same as 2002-2005. This team if it makes the playoffs, can beat anyone in a short series. We didn't have this much bashing and stuff in GDT's in 2002-2003 when we were coasting into September with a huge division lead. 2004 and 2005 were different because we came back late in the season after looking bloody and beaten up. 2006-2013 have all been the same. People have been panicking, the voices of reason say "not to worry, it's early, only June". Then we blow games we should win that end up costing us a playoff spot. BAM. Patio can't stop that, and if he does he's going to lose even the most rational posters.

I hope that you eventually come back here. Everyone is high on emotions now.

Julio3000
07-08-2013, 11:45 PM
you've offered seven pages of whining about how PD wronged you and ruined your life

Well, to be fair, there are actually only a couple of pages worth of whining. The rest is mostly clitoris jokes and garden-variety internet assholery.

The Chosen One
07-08-2013, 11:50 PM
I view it as this:

You're going to have posters who are going to be off the wall and a lot of times borderline annoying.

However most of the time, they're fun to debate and discuss with, and that's what's more important. I'm willing to stomach a poster who has some annoying tendencies, if it means he also contributes in GDT. Do I tell them to STOP IT? No, because I know they won't anyways. If I ban them, I probably lose them which hurts the community overall.

Patio ruled basically my way or the highway. This joke of a thing about women and children being able to read the forum now that he's cleaned it up was pathetic. You have to give and take. Not everyone is a MikeAdams, not everyone is a weso1. However it makes no sense in alienating certain users just because they do weird things sometimes when we all fall in line as hardcore Braves fans.

Mrs. Meta
07-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Yeah, Btw, clvclv, the taken quote was very much tongue in cheek.

You seem like a decent guy, more so than some posters here, including myself.

Take care either way =)

The Chosen One
07-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Perhaps if clvclv gets access to the Babes forum he'll reconsider his stance. :rock:

BremanFan88
07-09-2013, 12:15 AM

Patio bans us for simply posting over here and yet we're the bad guys. He forced us to start a new community. That's pretty pathetic. That's all I need to know about the people running Scout.

TURBO
07-09-2013, 12:17 AM
Perhaps if clvclv gets access to the Babes forum he'll reconsider his stance. :rock:

It is fun in there.

CyYoung31
07-09-2013, 12:46 AM

Childish? Us? You work under PatioDaddio, have you even seen some of that dude's PMs?

And no one here is trying to destroy the Scout community. Patio did that himself. On the contrary, we're actually trying to rebuild that community. Any actions that might have been taken on our part were in the pursuit of that goal. It's a shame you won't be around to help us as I've always thought of you as a pretty good poster. Having said that, it's clear that you have no idea what you're talking about regarding the matter.

ChapelHillMatt
07-09-2013, 03:17 AM
For me personally I consider myself pretty level headed. Scout was the first board I was banned on and I've been posting on message boards for a long time. What was my offense? Answering someone's question who was wondering what had happened to the board. I simply posted "We are posting on another board now" That's it......and I'm no longer allowed to post there even if I wanted too. At least you are allowed to post your thoughts here, many of us aren't over there. The reason I came to this board was because Weso told me he was banned and they wanted to get this board started again so we could all remain together. The board isn't the issue, it doesn't matter where we post as long as we can interact with the same people we've posted with for many years. Scout has decided that's not going to be possible so SAV put his hard earned money into this place and gave us all an opportunity to come here everyday to talk about Braves baseball. If you don't want to be part of it then that's your loss. The rest of us enjoy it and honestly we haven't spent much time over the last few months talking about scout until you started this thread. I hadn't even gone over there in several weeks before my post last night. The majority of our posts are about the Braves and it's going to remain that way.

weso1
07-09-2013, 08:29 AM

You're either being really hard headed about this or you're just trolling this board. 1. You knew exactly what would happen when you made this thread. 2. The idea that we destroyed the scout community is just immature silliness. This is the scout community posting on this board right now. We had a 20 plus GDT last night full of scout posters. I think only one person on this board came from another site. You're hung up on a domain name rather than an actual community of posters. 3. Many people on this board have expressed the fact that they were banned for reasons other than "cleaning up the board". How exactly can you think we're destroying the scout community when our motto is "Everyone come over and post and have a good time" and Patio's motto is literally, "I just need to run off several more posters and this will be a great board." Which one of those mindsets "destroys the scout community" 4. Your scout community is right here. Despite what PD tells you we have smart baseball people here and we have a good time. If you can't understand that then that's on you my friend. And I love that you are grumping about us complaining about being removed from a community when here you are in this very thread grumping about essentially a community moving away from you. I'm calling BS on this idea that its the scout community you wanted, because if it was then you would simply post over here.

Here's the situation clvclv. I was banned for making a respectful suggestions thread in the locker room. If that's "cleaning up the board" then I'm good at the internet. The scout board clearly needed a change of leadership for the community to survive. I tried to contact PD... I couldn't. I tried to contact AtlantaDugout... I couldn't. I tried to contact scout.com... I couldn't. So what exactly were our options clvclv? Create another screen name? Nope... won't approve new members. If I wanted to be part of the scout community again, the only way to do that was to bring everyone over here. And guess what... everyone is here now. I didn't force them over here. Most people I pm'd shared with me their frustrations of PD as admin. And those who didn't later found out about PD when they were banned simply for posting on this board.

You can stomp your feet and run away like a 3 year old or you could actually try to listen to what we have to say and recognize the fact that the scout community is alive and well and flourishing more than it has in a long time. It's up to you. You're welcome here.

Julio3000
07-09-2013, 08:32 AM
no one here is trying to destroy the Scout community. Patio did that himself. On the contrary, we're actually trying to rebuild that community.

Yes. Like Meta said upthread or elsewhere, a significant part of this community predates Scout and certainly predates the current regime over there. This includes some irreverent ****-stirrers, malcontents, and habitual line-steppers as well as some inoffensive folks who want to talk baseball and enjoy the interactions without worrying about someone else's arbitrary and capricious standards for what the forum should be.

The carping and crowing about Scout will recede in time. The opportunity to enjoy and contribute to the community will remain.

The Chosen One
07-09-2013, 08:35 AM
You're either being really hard headed about this or you're just trolling this board. 1. You knew exactly what would happen when you made this thread. 2. The idea that we destroyed the scout community is just immature silliness. This is the scout community posting on this board right now. We had a 20 plus GDT last night full of scout posters. I think only one person on this board came from another site. You're hung up on a domain name rather than an actual community of posters. 3. Many people on this board have expressed the fact that they were banned for reasons other than "cleaning up the board". How exactly can you think we're destroying the scout community when our motto is "Everyone come over and post and have a good time" and Patio's motto is literally, "I just need to run off several more posters and this will be a great board." Which one of those mindsets "destroys the scout community" 4. Your scout community is right here. Despite what PD tells you we have smart baseball people here and we have a good time. If you can't understand that then that's on you my friend. And I love that you are grumping about us complaining about being removed from a community when here you are in this very thread grumping about essentially a community moving away from you. I'm calling BS on this idea that its the scout community you wanted, because if it was then you would simply post over here.

Here's the situation clvclv. I was banned for making a respectful suggestions thread in the locker room. If that's "cleaning up the board" then I'm good at the internet. The scout board clearly needed a change of leadership for the community to survive. I tried to contact PD... I couldn't. I tried to contact AtlantaDugout... I couldn't. I tried to contact scout.com... I couldn't. So what exactly were our options clvclv? Create another screen name? Nope... won't approve new members. If I wanted to be part of the scout community again, the only way to do that was to bring everyone over here. And guess what... everyone is here now. I didn't force them over here. Most people I pm'd shared with me their frustrations of PD as admin. And those who didn't later found out about PD when they were banned simply for posting on this board.

You can stomp your feet and run away like a 3 year old or you could actually try to listen to what we have to say and recognize the fact that the scout community is alive and well and flourishing more than it has in a long time. It's up to you. You're welcome here.

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s347/mjd3221/75p4dph0cr6jihp6r24.gif
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/BeatLA27/1Fatboy_reacts.gif

CyYoung31
07-09-2013, 08:37 AM

Nailed it.

Julio3000
07-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Nailed it.

Yeah he did.

The people who formed the nucleus of this board were essentially left with no other option. When they invited other posters over, the fact that so many of us accepted and started contributing should tell you all you need to know.

zitothebrave
07-09-2013, 08:56 AM
I think both sides have been somewhat childish at times. In the end I left scout because weso was banned. First for a that's what she said joke or something along that line, second for posting asking for better communication. Neither are banable offenses. Once Patio ditched the gentleman's agreement we had the with Bill, where he we kept the jackassery off of the main board and had pretty much free reign on the pulpit and bbq but that obviously changed when I couldn't jokingly tell people I'd been posting with to eat a bag of dicks. At that point my desire to stick with scout was gone, and weso's unnecessary bannings provided a great release. Everyone was pissed at the board for a variety of reasons. I for one hated that posts of mine would vanish with little reason at all. Threads didn't have the ability to naturally evolve which is why GDTs died. Tomfoolery that folks like myself and Julio participated in was frowned upon and if you weren't saying "Go Braves" it seems like you were taking a risk of your post being deleted.

Frek21
07-09-2013, 09:02 AM
I view it as this:

You're going to have posters who are going to be off the wall and a lot of times borderline annoying.

However most of the time, they're fun to debate and discuss with, and that's what's more important. I'm willing to stomach a poster who has some annoying tendencies, if it means he also contributes in GDT. Do I tell them to STOP IT? No, because I know they won't anyways. If I ban them, I probably lose them which hurts the community overall.

Patio ruled basically my way or the highway. This joke of a thing about women and children being able to read the forum now that he's cleaned it up was pathetic. You have to give and take. Not everyone is a MikeAdams, not everyone is a weso1. However it makes no sense in alienating certain users just because they do weird things sometimes when we all fall in line as hardcore Braves fans.
Whatever happened to MikeAdams?

CyYoung31
07-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Whatever happened to MikeAdams?

MIA. He is a key missing piece, but has been for almost a year now.

jpx7
07-09-2013, 11:51 AM
MIA. He is a key missing piece, but has been for almost a year now.

Yea: MikeAdams was a veteran and superlative poster, and his absence creates a pretty massive content-deficit regardless of domain-name et cetera.

Another poster I miss is Horsie: his game-thread-initiating posts from back in the fanhome days were legendary lead-ups.

Yogi44
07-09-2013, 12:19 PM
I check both boards , but have found myself actually reading more here. I have been posting with many in this group since the late 90's. It is a good, diverse group. I think I may have hit a tipping point this weekend, when AA started a thread, stickied it and he and cokeman got into a tiff. Had no problem with that, (I like AA and cokeman) but went back the next day and the thread had a new title, new first message and some of cokeman's messages had been deleted. I personally don't think AA did it, but I took it as an insult that someone (guessing PD) tried messing with the messages and flow of the thread to make it seem like there was no back and forth discussion (it was on the AS selection process). Anyway, while I will probably only lurk during the game threads rather than post, I am going to make an effort to make this my main Braves posting board from now on.

BlackwaterPark
07-09-2013, 03:59 PM
Another huge positive, I was sick of using 15 year old message board technology. Its nice to have something that is nice looking and not hideous.

gtcway
07-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Another huge positive, I was sick of using 15 year old message board technology. Its nice to have something that is nice looking and not hideous.

Absolutely, I hated that the Scout forum didn't have one of the basic of features of any message board, going to the first unread post in a thread!!! Come on, I hate to think of how many hours of my life was wasted re-reading old posts trying to figure out which one was new on that board.

The Chosen One
07-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Not only that,but the Scout board had terrible coding and HTML to insert pictures and links. No way to post embedded videos from youtube.

Also had no search feature whatsoever.

NinersSBChamps
07-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Good riddance to this guy. I love how he wants his account deactivated, but he has since been here multiple times since he first wanted out.

elmonthc
07-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Scout is still changing their layout even though it failed last uear. I waant gonna post there anymore because of it. So id of been here no matter what.

Tino25Dynasty
07-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Yippee Ki Yay, I'm here....

Boy what a shame PD destroyed a board. Probly the best braves board there was. And it was because of the posters. A mixture of day in and day out diehards who have been posting I'd say most of us for like 7+ years. That's what made it great. Maybe scout will notice the inactivity over there, scout will fire him or he'll wake up and smell the coffee (or coorslight, whatever he prefers) and resign himself

That's what will make this board great also....

I'm not banned on scout as of right now but that could change if he's able to see this post. lol

The Chosen One
07-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Where's your Ron Paul avatar?

NinersSBChamps
07-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Yippee Ki Yay, I'm here....

Boy what a shame PD destroyed a board. Probly the best braves board there was. And it was because of the posters. A mixture of day in and day out diehards who have been posting I'd say most of us for like 7+ years. That's what made it great. Maybe scout will notice the inactivity over there, scout will fire him or he'll wake up and smell the coffee (or coorslight, whatever he prefers) and resign himself

That's what will make this board great also....

I'm not banned on scout as of right now but that could change if he's able to see this post. lol

Yes. Welcome back.

gilesfan
07-10-2013, 11:21 AM
I was a member back when I was 18/19 or some 15 years ago. Before even Shanks took over. In its heyday, it was just a great board and I spent way too much of my life over their posting. I have no desire for the scout board to die, I really don't care what happens to it. I gave my thoughts on that board, had a blast, and then my voice was deleted. Why would I continue to post on a message board if my posts are going to be deleted? Doesn't that negate the entire reason to post on a message board?

I don't know what happened with Patio, but him and AA ruined that board for me. If going to a different message board as a 30 some year old man with a family is considered whining like a 12 year old, then so be it.

gilesfan
07-10-2013, 11:21 AM
ok great I will make a note of that because I think thread flaming is a big problem with Fox. I guess the want a kinder, gentler forum on Baseball? I think that is why so mant threads are marked for delete because of flaming?

Sent: 8/2/2012
Sure.

Yeah, sometimes.

I might need to make you a mod.....or at least put you on the list. Would you be interested. I need some peace keepers and you and I go way back and you are level headed.....well sometimes lmao

Yeah, what is going on? Why is everything getting deleted? What are they upset about?

What do you need?

Zeros Subs are still the best. Oh boy did I ever get an ear full in my pm box. Scout is reviewing the forums here, all of them, Locker Room Pulpit included and they are not real amused. I am doing my best to deflect a lot of questions they have. Can you help a fellow out here? This the main scout people, not the new operators of the site. FoxSports now owns this site and they are less than happy.

Also someone at the main scout has a real case of hate for holden5. Dont know hat he has written that caught their attention but he is on thin ice. Wow

gilesfan
07-10-2013, 11:26 AM
And just like that, I'm banned.

The Chosen One
07-10-2013, 11:28 AM
LOL

Dalyn
07-10-2013, 12:08 PM
And just like that, I'm banned.

Welcome to the disease.

weso1
07-10-2013, 01:05 PM
You aint cool unless you banned.

gtcway
07-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Things must be tough, we're 1 1/2 hours into a game and no GDT yet. Could this be the first time in forever there was no live GDT at Scout?

ChapelHillMatt
07-10-2013, 02:07 PM
ok great I will make a note of that because I think thread flaming is a big problem with Fox. I guess the want a kinder, gentler forum on Baseball? I think that is why so mant threads are marked for delete because of flaming?

Sure.

Yeah, sometimes.

I might need to make you a mod.....or at least put you on the list. Would you be interested. I need some peace keepers and you and I go way back and you are level headed.....well sometimes lmao

Yeah, what is going on? Why is everything getting deleted? What are they upset about?

What do you need?

Zeros Subs are still the best. Oh boy did I ever get an ear full in my pm box. Scout is reviewing the forums here, all of them, Locker Room Pulpit included and they are not real amused. I am doing my best to deflect a lot of questions they have. Can you help a fellow out here? This the main scout people, not the new operators of the site. FoxSports now owns this site and they are less than happy.

Also someone at the main scout has a real case of hate for holden5. Dont know hat he has written that caught their attention but he is on thin ice. Wow

So you were a mod at one point?

The Chosen One
07-10-2013, 02:10 PM
No. I think Patio wanted to make him a mod, but gilesy wouldn't give him the reach around so he declined.

gilesfan
07-10-2013, 02:49 PM
I was a mod for like 10 mins and then it was taken away. I believe bc I still spoke my mind.

The Chosen One
07-10-2013, 02:51 PM
We all know it was the reach around. Patio was drunk, got too aggressive, too hungry.

yeezus
07-10-2013, 03:08 PM
I've been on Philly sports boards to read/troll a bit and they are so much worse than anything that was ever on scout or will happen here. Putrid.

zitothebrave
07-10-2013, 06:10 PM

BRule and I were mods for a bit, that didn't go very well.

thethe
07-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Its pathetic over there. They have no poster base. If what they wanted was to destroy a board then good for them.

zitothebrave
07-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Its pathetic over there. They have no poster base. If what they wanted was to destroy a board then good for them.

The grandmas are sure loving it though.

thethe
07-10-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm still pissed that I got banned. I didn't do anything. I never badmouthed scout and did everythiung I could as a modertor over there. Patio is just a big D-bag.

ChapelHillMatt
07-10-2013, 06:45 PM

I feel bad for those that don't know about this site. They have to be wondering what's going on.

Tino25Dynasty
07-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Where's your Ron Paul avatar?

I actually can't figure out how to upload an avatar on here??? And my last avatar on scout wasn't ron paul, it was headphones... lol

The Chosen One
07-11-2013, 09:00 AM
I actually can't figure out how to upload an avatar on here??? And my last avatar on scout wasn't ron paul, it was headphones... lol

Iwas banned there a month before the election so if you had changed it ay any time id never known

BRule
07-11-2013, 10:43 AM

I was a mod and that was AFTER I sent a picture of a giant penis to PD via PM....he wasnt amused by that...weird.

Anyways, I had pretty much the same convo with PD as Giles did, never believed him for a second. Nor did I ever edit or police anything

yeezus
07-11-2013, 11:56 AM
the GDT over there yesterday was 9 posts (POSTS not PAGES) and wasn't even started until well after the game started. and like 4 of the posts were from 1 person.

ChapelHillMatt
07-11-2013, 12:17 PM
the GDT over there yesterday was 9 posts (POSTS not PAGES) and wasn't even started until well after the game started. and like 4 of the posts were from 1 person.

Did anyone comment on the lack of activity?

yeezus
07-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Did anyone comment on the lack of activity?

think they've wiped out everyone who does that

AerchAngel
07-11-2013, 06:04 PM
I left because

Trying to remember if I ever threaten you, or delete your posts or evening banning you, which I could not do, defend yes, ban nope. Nope, let you do what you want, talk what you want, HNIC is not to your liking I guess.

AerchAngel
07-11-2013, 06:11 PM

Thanks. Never abused my power as I deleted only few posts over there in the PULPIT and then restored them. Some here can tell you I've defended them on multiple occasions from being banned. You know, I do that for my friends I have known for a decade. Like cv said, I only wanted to keep peace, but some people take shots at me while I am trying to do the job and I am going to respond in turn and in almost all cases I let you bark. If you are gone it is not by my hands because I let people know I do not want anyone banned, warned yes, a 1 day vacation yes, permanent, no.

I can be an asshole if you take shots at me that is all.

AerchAngel
07-11-2013, 06:14 PM
I think AA might very well be the Devil.

You see SAV, I deserve that title now. They think I am evil.

zitothebrave
07-11-2013, 06:23 PM
AA you can admit it that it felt good deleting posts, felt good to be a brother making moves.

I mean everyone knows Patio is the reason the board sucked. That and that weird bansanity that Bill went on right before leaving. In the end we have what we want here. A community where you can be very open and enjoy discussion without fear of overzealous censorship cause someone is protecting the grannies.

I lost my modship cause I said that someone prematurely blew their wad. That exact phrase, and to Patio I might as well released every racial insult known to man.

weso1
07-12-2013, 07:36 AM
I think it was surprising to most when AA was named head mod, because AA was certainly not known for holding back punches when he posted. I will say that I don't think AA really upset the apple cart as a mod. I think for the most part the board continued along as it did. PD was the one who went overboard. AA at least communicated (maybe too much communication?) and while he clearly loved/loves being a mod, I don't think he went overboard for the most part and if he did go overboard I think in the end he would've corrected himself.

57Brave
07-12-2013, 09:44 AM
Trying to remember if I ever threaten you, or delete your posts or evening banning you, which I could not do, defend yes, ban nope. Nope, let you do what you want, talk what you want, HNIC is not to your liking I guess.

To clear the air:
I and apparently others , found it odd / desperate the powers made you a mod. No more no less. Really dont see how that constitutes hating you or whatever ...
Fact is this is a baseball message board with many many faceless / nameless titles and avatars. I like to think my fellow Braves fans recognize that and understand that all personalities played out in these posts are just that -- one sided played out. So no, I don't hate you -- shoot I don't know you.

Knucksie
07-12-2013, 10:02 AM
I think both sides have been somewhat childish at times. In the end I left scout because weso was banned. First for a that's what she said joke or something along that line, second for posting asking for better communication. Neither are banable offenses. Once Patio ditched the gentleman's agreement we had the with Bill, where he we kept the jackassery off of the main board and had pretty much free reign on the pulpit and bbq but that obviously changed when I couldn't jokingly tell people I'd been posting with to eat a bag of dicks. At that point my desire to stick with scout was gone, and weso's unnecessary bannings provided a great release. Everyone was pissed at the board for a variety of reasons. I for one hated that posts of mine would vanish with little reason at all. Threads didn't have the ability to naturally evolve which is why GDTs died. Tomfoolery that folks like myself and Julio participated in was frowned upon and if you weren't saying "Go Braves" it seems like you were taking a risk of your post being deleted.

From the man with the LOL helicopter and the Jurrjens for Matt Kemp trade proposal, those are profound words.

BRule
07-12-2013, 10:39 AM
From the man with the LOL helicopter and the Jurrjens for Matt Kemp trade proposal, those are profound words.

Chuck James, Kyle Davies, Zito

zitothebrave
07-12-2013, 10:48 AM

Shut up Wily Mo Pena, Scott Thorman

And it's not my fault Kyle Davies got his hammy torn. And I will fully admit, I was ignorant about advanced stats that would have told me Zito was bound to fail when I made this SN.

Metaphysicist
07-12-2013, 11:03 AM

From the man who considers banana ice cream a good filling breakfast and believes that starbursts are clear.

Gary82
07-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Chunky Monkey is apart of this complete breakfast...

zitothebrave
07-12-2013, 11:20 AM
From the man who considers banana ice cream a good filling breakfast and believes that starbursts are clear.

You are the king of taking things out of context. If only I had those skills, I would put them to a much worse use.

TURBO
07-12-2013, 12:34 PM

Awe, those were some funny threads.

The Chosen One
07-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Zito and his mustard.

BRule
07-12-2013, 12:42 PM
LMAO I'm happy with where this thread is going

The Chosen One
07-12-2013, 12:47 PM
This thread went OT about 3-4 pages ago.

I think you guys ran off clvclv with the off topicness.

The Chosen One
07-12-2013, 12:48 PM
And WOW

I remember when Rule was sporting that Scott Thorman avatar like it was nothing. Had the bat pointed out to the photographer and everything.

Wasn't he supposed to have a better glove than LaRoche?

BRule
07-12-2013, 12:52 PM
I did love that avatar...

yeezus
07-12-2013, 12:52 PM
I think you guys ran off clvclv with the off topicness.

Yeezus wept.

The Chosen One
07-12-2013, 12:53 PM
We are a vicious group here.

Here clvclv makes a thread trying to come up with sound reason (or troll IDK), and then next thing you know we've run him off because of our off-topicness.

The cliques are going to make us self-destruct from the inside.

yeezus
07-12-2013, 12:58 PM

Here clvclv makes a thread trying to come up with sound reason (or troll IDK), and then next thing you know we've run him off because of our off-topicness.

Get in line or GTF out.

Knucksie
07-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Here's my experience:

:PatioDaddio
Subject:Not sure I get your insult
Sent:8/18/2012 11:05 PM EDT
Delete Reply Prev. Message Next Message
Explain why you would insult me for an opinion. Good luck. I'm going to take the ban away in a few minutes. It was a permanent ban. Find someone else to insult, but never on this board or the ban will be permanent. Talk baseball and you can stay. Insult posters, especially me, and you will need to find another message board to post on. Got that rude poster.

Subject:Unban notification from AtlantaDugout.com
Sent:8/18/2012 11:07 PM EDT
Welcome back!

Your access to AtlantaDugout.com forums has been restored. Please review the Terms of Service and adhere to these carefully. We're glad to have you back.

Subject:Insults
Sent:8/18/2012 11:37 PM EDT
Anymore insults from you towards me and I will initiate a full ban on you. You will also be respectful to all the moderators I have appointed and to all posters. Any violation and there will be an immediate ban placed on you. This is a place to talk baseball not insult posters. This issue is not up for debate and I don't have time deal with obnoxious members hurling insults at the site administrator. If you feel the need to speak with my senior moderator you may contact davidATL14. Do not contact me.

This all happened before I even knew about it. The strangest part was trying to remember what was even said to PD. I don't remember chatting with him directly about anything...even once. He obviously had his PM's disabled. David did reply to my message. If he checked it out, he never bothered to get back to let me know what the hell happened.

Had kind of forgotten about the whole episode until SAV reached out. Turns out that this sort of thing had already been commonplace. At any rate, they'll probably lift thread ideas from here.

elmonthc
07-12-2013, 06:28 PM
I left because dayln waa banned and because they avatar banned me. I dont know if it was just pd or what mods were doing what. Id like to think thethe was kewl because we live like 20 minutes away from each other.

AA went crazy for a few months but im not mad at him. Not that hed care either way.

CyYoung31
07-12-2013, 06:34 PM

Considering he's back at Scout now, after claiming he wasn't going to participate on either board, I'm almost positive he was sent over here by PD to start ****. There was also no reason for him to create this thread in the first place.

elmonthc
07-12-2013, 07:06 PM

Oh, I didnt know there were cliques here. Are we doing a clique draft or something like that. If so im on julios team.

ChapelHillMatt
07-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Considering he's back at Scout now, after claiming he wasn't going to participate on either board, I'm almost positive he was sent over here by PD to start ****. There was also no reason for him to create this thread in the first place.

Good point.

Honestly if he didn't like this board then just leave, no need to make an announcement about it.

Gary82
07-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Attention whore. LOOK GUYS I'M LEAVING!!!! *slowly walk to the door* I'M LEAVING! BYE! *slowly walks to the door*

BremanFan88
07-12-2013, 09:19 PM
If anyone wants to start a Kliq with me let me know.

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/TheShape-6/TheKliqMotivator.jpg

CyYoung31
07-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Attention whore. LOOK GUYS I'M LEAVING!!!! *slowly walk to the door* I'M LEAVING! BYE! *slowly walks to the door*

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljmo3qwXuy1qbwcmwo1_500.gif

Julio3000
07-12-2013, 09:28 PM

Only if we can make shadow puppets of animals like those gentleman are doing.

BremanFan88
07-12-2013, 09:30 PM

Only if we can make shadow puppets of animals like those gentleman are doing.

Well that's a given.

The Chosen One
07-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Mad rep + thanks to Bremen for being the first to reference the WWF Kliq since this entire clique talk began.

And I think niners is looking for a clique... he's cliqueless.

CyYoung31
07-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Mad rep + thanks to Bremen for being the first to reference the WWF Kliq since this entire clique talk began.

And I think niners is looking for a clique... he's cliqueless.

He's been referencing WWF a lot recently, for someone who supposedly didn't watch much of it.

BremanFan88
07-12-2013, 10:32 PM
He's been referencing WWF a lot recently, for someone who supposedly didn't watch much of it.

WCW was where it was at. WWF can suck it.

The Chosen One
07-12-2013, 10:35 PM
Another Mad rep + Thanks

WCW > WWF/WWE

nWo vs. Sting > Anything the WWF ever had.

BremanFan88
07-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Another Mad rep + Thanks

WCW > WWF/WWE

Sting = Greatest babyface of all time. Anytime someone tried to make him heel the fans wouldn't allow it. You can't not cheer for him.

CyYoung31
07-12-2013, 11:04 PM
LOL. The Attitude Era of the WWF was some of the most entertaining television of all-time. WCW was a PG-rated cheez fest.

AerchAngel
07-12-2013, 11:07 PM
I left because dayln waa banned and because they avatar banned me. I dont know if it was just pd or what mods were doing what. Id like to think thethe was kewl because we live like 20 minutes away from each other.

AA went crazy for a few months but im not mad at him. Not that hed care either way.

I didn't because half the time I couldn't understand you. I swear you were texting while driving.

AerchAngel
07-12-2013, 11:09 PM

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/TheShape-6/TheKliqMotivator.jpg

Racists. I see no blacks in there like Koko B Ware, Norman Smiley or Ernest the Cat Miller. Pathetic for the WCW to have no name black wrestlers.

The Chosen One
07-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Attitude Era = Entertainment

WCW vs. nWo = Wrestling

In WWF, the belts were not the main focus in the storyline, it was always about revenge of grudge.

I remember when Sting was silent for almost 2 years.... everyone knew he wanted to fight Hogan but sheit got real when he showed JJ Dillon the belt. He not only wanted to fight Hogan, he wanted the championship.

The Ministry of Darkness was one of the only things I enjoyed about the attitude era... until they revealed Vince was the figure behind the entire thing (after his daughter got kidnapped, almost got sacrificed).

When the Outsiders were dominating the tag team division... they were dominating for the gold.

The attitude era paved the way for the stupid romance storylines we have today.

Just like how I bought this site and took the lead of the old Scout Community. Years from now I will buy WCW from the McMahon-Levesques and put WCW back on the map.

AerchAngel
07-12-2013, 11:13 PM
Another Mad rep + Thanks

WCW > WWF/WWE

Puleez, you Jabroni, I will stick my mouse sideways and stick it up your candy azz, or better yet, 3:16 just I just whooped your azz.

Rock/Austin and DX better than that crappy Hulk Hogan and the band of drug abusers in the WCW.

Metaphysicist
07-12-2013, 11:17 PM

I don't think it was that conniving; I'm in a fantasy league with him, and that's basically just how he is on the internet.

BremanFan88
07-12-2013, 11:18 PM
LOL. The Attitude Era of the WWF was some of the most entertaining television of all-time. WCW was a PG-rated cheez fest.

The WWE now is literally rated PG. It's pathetic.

BremanFan88
07-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Attitude Era = Entertainment

WCW vs. nWo = Wrestling

In WWF, the belts were not the main focus in the storyline, it was always about revenge of grudge.

I remember when Sting was silent for almost 2 years.... everyone knew he wanted to fight Hogan but sheit got real when he showed JJ Dillon the belt. He not only wanted to fight Hogan, he wanted the championship.

The Ministry of Darkness was one of the only things I enjoyed about the attitude era... until they revealed Vince was the figure behind the entire thing (after his daughter got kidnapped, almost got sacrificed).

When the Outsiders were dominating the tag team division... they were dominating for the gold.

The attitude era paved the way for the stupid romance storylines we have today.

Just like how I bought this site and took the lead of the old Scout Community. Years from now I will buy WCW from the McMahon-Levesques and put WCW back on the map.

Exactly. It came down to either liking wrestling or liking car crash tv. I prefer wrestling.

The Chosen One
07-12-2013, 11:21 PM
Puleez, you Jabroni, I will stick my mouse sideways and stick it up your candy azz, or better yet, 3:16 just I just whooped your azz.

Rock/Austin and DX better than that crappy Hulk Hogan and the band of drug abusers in the WCW.

Rock/Austin is the only thing that could really match WCW, but Rock/Austin didn't get HUGE until 2001. The Astrodome fight at WM17 was huge, sucks that Vince ruined it by turning Stone Cold heel.

DX was a copycat version of nWo.

WWF was full of gimmicks. Yeah they were entertaining, but it was a hybrid cross of fantasy and wrestling. WCW had a few characters like Glacier, but they weren't top billing they were midcarders.

CyYoung31
07-12-2013, 11:21 PM
The WWE now is literally rated PG. It's pathetic.

So, I've heard. I haven't watched wrestling since I was 12, so it makes no difference to me.

The Chosen One
07-12-2013, 11:23 PM
So, I've heard. I haven't watched wrestling since I was 12, so it makes no difference to me.

I watch it every now and then... John Cena is just too much now. If they had turned him heel years ago I probably would still watch.

CyYoung31
07-12-2013, 11:24 PM
Rock/Austin is the only thing that could really match WCW, but Rock/Austin didn't get HUGE until 2001. The Astrodome fight at WM17 was huge, sucks that Vince ruined it by turning Stone Cold heel.

DX was a copycat version of nWo.

WWF was full of gimmicks. Yeah they were entertaining, but it was a hybrid cross of fantasy and wrestling. WCW had a few characters like Glacier, but they weren't top billing they were midcarders.

What are you talking about? Rock vs. Austin was the big storyline along with Austin vs. McMahon during the late 1998 and early 1999 period. It all culminated with a title match between Rock vs. Austin at Wrestlemania 15. It was an epic revenge/redemption storyline focusing on Austin, and the rivalry between him and McMahon is legendary. It was probably the best storyline in wrestling history.

I thought that the Ministry of Darkness **** was terrible. And the Undertaker is my favorite wrestler of all-time.

AerchAngel
07-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Rock obvious movie star, Austin isn't bad, I can't think of any cartoony WCW actors except Hogan, which is a joke.

WCW hurt itself with staged crowds just like TNA now. When you go to full size arenas it means more.

I don't watch like I used to because I can't stand Cena and I can't stand their storylines, the two main gripes about the product. TNA is unbearable. Bully Ray is the only one that is redeemable in watching.

BremanFan88
I watch it every now and then... John Cena is just too much now. If they had turned him heel years ago I probably would still watch.

TNA is where it's at. Great wrestling, long term story telling, not PG...It's good stuff.

The Chosen One
What are you talking about? Rock vs. Austin was the big storyline along with Austin vs. McMahon during the late 1998 and early 1999 period. It all culminated with a title match between Rock vs. Austin at Wrestlemania 15. It was an epic revenge/redemption storyline focusing on Austin, and the rivalry between him and McMahon is legendary. It was probably the best storyline in wrestling history.

I thought that the Ministry of Darkness **** was terrible. And the Undertaker is my favorite wrestler of all-time.

I was 8-9 years old when the Ministry stuff happened, and I was legitimately scared.

Best storyline in history is easily Sting vs nWo culminating in the match at Starrcade 97. Sting was fighting the nWo without actually wrestling for over a year. He'd come int he ring and make the save. Then one night they finally got to him and beat him up real bad. Every last 5 minutes of every Monday Nitro were epic. You never knew what was going to happen. If Sting came the crowd erupted, if he didn't everyone was sad because there was nobody to save the day.

BremanFan88
07-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Rock obvious movie star, Austin isn't bad, I can't think of any cartoony WCW actors except Hogan, which is a joke.

WCW hurt itself with staged crowds just like TNA now. When you go to full size arenas it means more.

I don't watch like I used to because I can't stand Cena and I can't stand their storylines, the two main gripes about the product. TNA is unbearable. Bully Ray is the only one that is redeemable in watching.

Typical TNA hater that's never truly watched it. You get that info from that hack Meltzer? The best WRESTLERS are in TNA. Styles, Aries, Roode, Joe, the talent is crazy good.

The Chosen One
07-12-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm sure WWE has some solid wrestlers... Vince just doesn't allow them to wrestle anymore.

Every WWE match is basically punch punch punch, irish whip clothesline. Punch punch punch kick to stomach. Signature move. Signature move other guy. Finishing move reverse. Finishing move kickout.

CyYoung31
07-12-2013, 11:34 PM
I'm sure WWE has some solid wrestlers... Vince just doesn't allow them to wrestle anymore.

Every WWE match is basically punch punch punch, irish whip clothesline. Punch punch punch kick to stomach. Signature move. Signature move other guy. Finishing move reverse. Finishing move kickout.

I've heard that they're not even allowed to use chairs anymore.

AerchAngel
07-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Typical TNA hater that's never truly watched it. You get that info from that hack Meltzer? The best WRESTLERS are in TNA. Styles, Aries, Roode, Joe, the talent is crazy good.

A typical TNA mark. I don't like either brand, but rather watch a full arena with fans than a prop set up with TNA. It has cheezy written all over it. The only thing decent over there is the Knockouts who aren't really eye candy and remind me of a bunch of Lita's.

As for your list of wrestlers, only Styles could compete against Daniel Bryan (which would be an awesome match). He would demolish the rest.

BremanFan88
07-12-2013, 11:35 PM

I can't watch a promotion where the owner doesn't even acknowledge he's in the wrestling business. It's like he's ashamed of it.

AerchAngel
07-12-2013, 11:36 PM
I've heard that they're not even allowed to use chairs anymore.

They can use chairs, but they can't blade. Brock Lesnar got busted open legitimately against HHH. It was nasty looking.

AerchAngel
07-12-2013, 11:37 PM
I can't watch a promotion where the owner doesn't even acknowledge he's in the wrestling business. It's like he's ashamed of it.

Like Hogan?

The Chosen One
07-12-2013, 11:39 PM
A typical TNA mark. I don't like either brand, but rather watch a full arena with fans than a prop set up with TNA. It has cheezy written all over it. The only thing decent over there is the Knockouts who aren't really eye candy and remind me of a bunch of Lita's.

As for your list of wrestlers, only Styles could compete against Daniel Bryan (which would be an awesome match). He would demolish the rest.

Joe is a solid wrestler. Angle is always great. Bobby Roode is pretty good. Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles have had some classic matches.

And TNA is still a young company... I mean it's only 11 years old. They're the clear #2 wrestling promotion. The only problem they have is, they can't lose the audience. They have to keep building momentum and not lose it because they're the #2, but the gap between them and WWE is still huge.

BremanFan88
07-12-2013, 11:39 PM

Shows how much you know. TNA is on the road now getting nice hot crowds. Not big dead crowds. Watch a video of the last Wrestlemania. The crowd ruined it. Just a bunch of smarks trolling.

I've heard Bryan can go he just doesn't have anyone to go with in the WWE. So wow they have one good wrestler. Styles is a GOAT but Aries is probably better.

BremanFan88
07-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Like Hogan?

Not the owner...and without Hogan the WWF doesn't exist.

The Chosen One
07-12-2013, 11:41 PM

He's kind of ruined the mystique and fantasy of pro wrestling.

I am all for the outside promotion of the product, doing things for charities and the troops, but those things don't need to be publicized on TV and shoved in your face. I mean ever since Benoit and the steroids scandal, they've been trying to be more PR friendly. It kind of ruins the mystique of the wrestler's persona to see him doing charities and tributes out of character. Not saying it's bad, but you know those things don't have to be shown and televised so much.

Vince embraces that it's not longer wrestling and just entertainment.

BremanFan88
07-12-2013, 11:42 PM
but the gap between them and WWE is still huge.

Only in American. They are #1 in many parts of the world including Europe. Not surprising since those people value the wrestling aspect.

The Chosen One
07-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Only in American. They are #1 in many parts of the world including Europe. Not surprising since those people value the wrestling aspect.

Oh yeah. I mean WWE sells out Europe and Asian markets just because it's WWE...

I wouldn't be surprised if TNA has more passionate fans in other parts of the world. I know they have a huge following in England. Interested to know if Japan loves TNA or WWE more.

BremanFan88
07-12-2013, 11:45 PM

I am all for the outside promotion of the product, doing things for charities and the troops, but those things don't need to be publicized on TV and shoved in your face. I mean ever since Benoit and the steroids scandal, they've been trying to be more PR friendly. It kind of ruins the mystique of the wrestler's persona to see him doing charities and tributes out of character. Not saying it's bad, but you know those things don't have to be shown and televised so much.

Have you ever tried to watch old WCW stuff released by the WWE? They blurred out all the Benoit signs. I know the guy went crazy but you can't completely erase what the guy did while he was in the company. Those cruiserweight matches...damn.

AerchAngel
07-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Shows how much you know. TNA is on the road now getting nice hot crowds. Not big dead crowds. Watch a video of the last Wrestlemania. The crowd ruined it. Just a bunch of smarks trolling.

I've heard Bryan can go he just doesn't have anyone to go with in the WWE. So wow they have one good wrestler. Styles is a GOAT but Aries is probably better.

I don't watch any PVP for any show. TNA just comes off too cheesy for me. Are their shows shown TV in arenas or prop crowds like the WCW days?

AerchAngel
07-12-2013, 11:47 PM

Vince McMahon sucks. You know why, John Cena, that says it all.

BremanFan88
Oh yeah. I mean WWE sells out Europe and Asian markets just because it's WWE...

I wouldn't be surprised if TNA has more passionate fans in other parts of the world. I know they have a huge following in England. Interested to know if Japan loves TNA or WWE more.

Japan only loves New Japan Pro Wrestling. It's pretty good stuff. You could argue they are the number #1 company in the world. They are very old school. It's about keeping kayfabe the way it used to be.

The Chosen One
Have you ever tried to watch old WCW stuff released by the WWE? They blurred out all the Benoit signs. I know the guy went crazy but you can't completely erase what the guy did while he was in the company. Those cruiserweight matches...damn.

Cruiserweight matches were awesome. Malenko/Ultimo Dragon vs. Mysterio had classic bouts. I miss the days when they were in Sturgis for Road Wild and they'd do a free match following Saturday Night right before the PPV started.

The only WWE dvds I've bought that aren't wrestlemania are all WCW. Best of Nitro V1 V2. Clash of Champions. Gonna buy the nWo and War Games when the price drops.

I also hate the revisionist history that WWE puts on these WCW dvds. They never really give WCW credit for almost knocking them out. They treat WCW like ECW. A small blip on the radar.

AerchAngel
07-12-2013, 11:48 PM

Link?

Because if that is the case, why do TNA have problems paying their wrestlers on time.

I think ROH wrestlers are better than them both to be honest.

BremanFan88
07-12-2013, 11:48 PM
I don't watch any PVP for any show. TNA just comes off too cheesy for me. Are their shows shown TV in arenas or prop crowds like the WCW days?

They are traveling to arenas now. They've expanded out of the old Universal lot they had to use.

The Chosen One
07-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Link?

Because if that is the case, why do TNA have problems paying their wrestlers on time.

Ehhh. Dixie Carter probably.

WCW kind of effed up when they had Hogan vs. Goldberg for free in front of 40,000 in the Georgia Dome (it was halfway closed off).

BremanFan88
07-12-2013, 11:50 PM
Link?

Yeah I could go find it but I'm lazy.

That turned out to be a BS rumor...

ROH is almost dead. All of their talent got signed up and they don't have much left. Talk about terrible crowds and production though...

AerchAngel
07-12-2013, 11:51 PM
They are traveling to arenas now. They've expanded out of the old Universal lot they had to use.

I might have to watch it sometime.

AerchAngel
07-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Yeah I could go find it but I'm lazy.

That turned out to be a BS rumor...

ROH is almost dead. All of their talent got signed up and they don't have much left. Talk about terrible crowds and production though...

They had no money but a lot of talent.