PDA

View Full Version : LOL

Enscheff
08-05-2017, 03:58 PM
Ban me from the board and you guys still have bitchfests at each other.

Clv is still so dumb he causes the intelligent posters like auyushi to pull their hair out.

But yeah, I was the problem. Someone even tried to blame the Fried thread that devolved into a back and forth on me despite not being on that forum for weeks. Lol!!

SJ24
08-05-2017, 04:01 PM
I say we let you back. That's the only way you'll be able to live down our Acuna bet when he goes 30/30 next year.

But I am just a newbie with no pull, so . . .

The Chosen One
08-05-2017, 04:08 PM
Oddly enough I've been monitoring discussions to see how much vitriol is exchanged where you're not a variable.

The Chosen One
08-05-2017, 04:10 PM
I have lifted zee purgatory for now.

Enscheff
08-05-2017, 05:17 PM
I still think you should add that BravesGraphs sub forum. Keep it moderated so only analytical discussion happens in there.

nsacpi
08-05-2017, 05:56 PM
I still think you should add that BravesGraphs sub forum. Keep it moderated so only analytical discussion happens in there.

I would go further and make posting rights subject to admission. Too many anti-elitist hangups around here.

Hawk
08-05-2017, 06:14 PM
I would go further and make posting rights subject to admission. Too many anti-elitist hangups around here.

This forum is a money-making enterprise, not a charity.

nsacpi
08-05-2017, 06:20 PM
This forum is a money-making enterprise, not a charity.

In a few cases we will allow the purchase of an admissions ticket. Think Kushner at Harvard.

Enscheff
08-05-2017, 06:26 PM

I think we could self police a forum like that to keep the kiddies out.

SJ24
08-05-2017, 06:45 PM
Who is going to decide who is a "kiddie" and who is not?

I am vehemently opposed to keeping anyone out of any forum if they want to participate.

That's some high school clique/People's Republic type stuff of which I want no part.

nsacpi
08-05-2017, 07:04 PM
Who is going to decide who is a "kiddie" and who is not?

I am vehemently opposed to keeping anyone out of any forum if they want to participate.

That's some high school clique/People's Republic type stuff of which I want no part.

I will.

Enscheff
08-05-2017, 07:33 PM
I will.

Fine with me.

It's not that I want to exclude people.

I just want to stop the posts where people have zero to contribute other than "I think" or "baseball isn't played in a spreadsheet".

Simply deleting anti-intellectual posts is all the sub forum would need.

nsacpi
08-05-2017, 07:55 PM
Fine with me.

It's not that I want to exclude people.

I just want to stop the posts where people have zero to contribute other than "I think" or "baseball isn't played in a spreadsheet".

Simply deleting anti-intellectual posts is all the sub forum would need.

There are only a small number I would exclude from the outset. Maybe five. Everyone else is in until they earn their way out.

Managuarantano's Volunteers
08-05-2017, 09:38 PM
People are basically banned from the pessimist forum now, I doubt many anti-spreadsheet people ever check there.

NinersSBChamps
08-05-2017, 09:40 PM

Yes please. Pompous jerks can go back and forth about nerd stats.

Enscheff
08-05-2017, 09:48 PM
Yes please. Pompous jerks can go back and forth about nerd stats.

And ignorant fools can stay out.

Win win for all involved.

Thanks for perfectly illustrating my point!

NinersSBChamps
08-05-2017, 09:55 PM
And ignorant fools can stay out.

Win win for all involved.

Thanks for perfectly illustrating my point!
You go crunch numbers and let the men play outside.

Enscheff
08-05-2017, 09:56 PM
You go crunch numbers and let the men play outside.

Haha I love this. In what area of being a man do you think you have me beat?

weso1
08-05-2017, 10:06 PM

Enscheff's assholism actually would be a pretty good moderating tool in a forum like this. I like the free market feel of it.

msstate7
08-06-2017, 10:27 AM

Matt and I should moderate. Matt and I are hardcore about strictly advanced stats' talk and not all the childish back-and-forth/unintelligent baseball talk

Enscheff
08-06-2017, 10:41 AM
Matt and I should moderate. Matt and I are hardcore about strictly advanced stats' talk and not all the childish back-and-forth/unintelligent baseball talk

Like when I ask you wha Adams OPS is now?

msstate7
08-06-2017, 11:02 AM
Like when I ask you wha Adams OPS is now?

I quit looking august 1st.