PDA

View Full Version : Braves Revenue Up

Chico
08-09-2017, 03:01 PM
Braves Revenue up 34% from same quarter at Ted
That's just what Liberty is reporting. The Battery is a cash cow

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ajc.com/sports/braves-revenue-jumps-new-stadium-liberty-media-says/WObiPpCucZdmvvtIDAmtGK/amp.html

Southcack77
08-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Maybe that will help answer some questions about how the new stadium is doing.

bravesfanMatt
08-09-2017, 03:18 PM
I think the Braves are reeping the benefits of everything that the trust has to offer.. Battery, fan ancillary spending, xtra advertising dollars. I just hope this can raise our payroll into the 150+ range. That should produce a better product on the field and thus even more revenue.

nsacpi
08-09-2017, 03:27 PM
Revenues up $45M, operating profits before amortization and depreciation up 12M. After amortization and depreciation there was a loss of 3M. I will let the accountants tell us which of these is more relevant to the financial well-being of the team.

thethe
08-09-2017, 03:35 PM
Revenues up $45M, operating profits before amortization and depreciation up 12M. After amortization and depreciation there was a loss of 3M. I will let the accountants tell us which of these is more relevant to the financial well-being of the team.

EBITDA is typically the management profit indicator that is used in budgeting models. Non-Cash expenses such as D&A will not prevent from future spend.

msstate7
08-09-2017, 03:37 PM
Hello Bryce Harper and machado

thethe
08-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Hello Bryce Harper and machado

Maybe not one of those but I think the traditional class of FA the braves go after will be different moving forward.

But what I would really like to see happen is to give out extensions to guys like Folty/Acuna/Albies/Swanson immediately.

bravesfanMatt
08-09-2017, 03:48 PM

Profit was 27 million (up from 12 million) before depreciation and Amort. The 3 million loss is just a tax loop hole for Liberty Media. I think the 27 million for the summer quarter is the most important number.

thethe
08-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Profit was 27 million (up from 12 million) before depreciation and Amort. The 3 million loss is just a tax loop hole for Liberty Media. I think the 27 million for the summer quarter is the most important number.

Its not a tax loophole. Depreciation/Amortization is an allowable tax deduction. Is is the systematic allocation of cash outlay for a fixed asset which you are benefiting from over time.

nsacpi
08-09-2017, 04:02 PM
EBITDA is typically the management profit indicator that is used in budgeting models. Non-Cash expenses such as D&A will not prevent from future spend.

So up 12M for Q2. Double that for July-September. So an increase in profits of about 25M on an annual basis.

bravesfanMatt
08-09-2017, 04:05 PM
Its not a tax loophole. Depreciation/Amortization is an allowable tax deduction. Is is the systematic allocation of cash outlay for a fixed asset which you are benefiting from over time.

I know it is allowable. I got to depreciate my equipment when I had my donut shop. you get a nice tax break.. Business losses in reality suck.. business loss to IRS = $$$

thethe
08-09-2017, 04:05 PM
So up 12M for Q2. Double that for July-September. So an increase in profits of about 25M on an annual basis.

Q2 is going to include some lighter months since school is still in session. I would say anywhere in the range of 30-40M depending on how much the battery is used for non-baseball activities.

Hawk
08-09-2017, 04:10 PM
did someone say donuts

bravesfanMatt
08-09-2017, 04:14 PM
did someone say donuts

sold it 2+ years ago. 2 am is way to freaking early to get up and make donuts.

Hudson2
08-09-2017, 04:39 PM
The battery isn't completely open yet is it?

Enscheff
08-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Then why are the Braves unloading payroll with recent trades? Why did they need permission to add Adams' meager salary?

Something isn't adding up.

Perhaps the increase isn't as large as expected.

mfree80
08-09-2017, 05:01 PM
Then why are the Braves unloading payroll with recent trades? Why did they need permission to add Adams' meager salary?

Something isn't adding up.

Perhaps the increase isn't as large as expected.

Now you are just trolling. You are smart enough to understand current and future year budgets and revenues.

Enscheff
08-09-2017, 05:03 PM
Now you are just trolling. You are smart enough to understand current and future year budgets and revenues.

The SRod trade didn't clear future revenue?

50PoundHead
08-09-2017, 05:05 PM
This was in the Minneapolis Sunday paper. Different angle on the similar story from the AJC. Link: http://www.startribune.com/braves-new-stadium-suntrust-park-sets-a-standard/438758903/

mfree80
08-09-2017, 08:33 PM
The SRod trade didn't clear future revenue?

Has nothing to do with increased revenues from the Battery or Suntrust Park.

Tapate50
08-09-2017, 09:10 PM
sold it 2+ years ago. 2 am is way to freaking early to get up and make donuts.

My man, there's never bad times for doughnuts

dak
08-10-2017, 08:38 AM
Regarding the Braves revenue, re-posting this article from the offseason. The Braves will qualify for revenue sharing this season, but will likely not qualify 2018 and beyond. That's another big chunk of cash in the mix for the future.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox/clubhouse_insider/2016/12/mlb_changes_market_rank_formula_in_revenue_sharing

cajunrevenge
08-10-2017, 08:58 AM
Hell must have frozen over if we are benefiting from one of mlb's attempts to improve the game. Even if its only for one year. I dont know any reason MLB would purposely screw us over but I dont think there is any denying we have got shafted numerous times since the early 90's. The wild card ****ed us over in the mid/late 90's. Then MLB decided teams have to share any national tv revenue evenly with the other MLB teams. Then MLB said we werent charging TBS enough. So TBS no longer shows Braves games. Then there was draft and follow which we used as well as anyone. Cant have that now. Theres also that time MLB gave the Nationals 25 million and not tell anyone about it until someone exposed it.

clvclv
08-11-2017, 12:15 PM

Hello Moose!

Horsehide Harry
08-11-2017, 12:27 PM
smarter to hold the money back for the most part instead of making a bad deal like Mouse

Hudson2
08-11-2017, 01:14 PM
Now think about if we were in a playoff hunt, it would be even higher. I wouldn't sign Moose. I'd package Kemp with a few good prospects for Stanton.

bravesfanforlife88
08-11-2017, 01:21 PM
I think next year and the year after we will have a better idea of what our revenue will be compared to our budget. The battery is still at about 50% or less occupancy. Most of the businesses have not opened yet. Comcast moves employees into that building after or around thanksgiving while the omni opens around the end of the year.

So if we can build a competitive team coupled with the the revenue from year round use of the battery, I think our team payroll should definitely jump significantly

Chico
08-11-2017, 01:47 PM
I think next year and the year after we will have a better idea of what our revenue will be compared to our budget. The battery is still at about 50% or less occupancy. Most of the businesses have not opened yet. Comcast moves employees into that building after or around thanksgiving while the omni opens around the end of the year.

So if we can build a competitive team coupled with the the revenue from year round use of the battery, I think our team payroll should definitely jump significantly

Yes. We have to think about attendance moreso than other rebuilding teams because we need to get people out to the park to enjoy the Battery and come back when the Braves are playing away games or in the offseason. It is definitely a cash cow though.

I know most don't want to thin about the business side of the equation but it all comes back to money.

thethe
08-11-2017, 02:43 PM

Adding to that the increasing population in the Cobb county area. This whole project is coming together and could become very lucrative.

GovClintonTyree
08-11-2017, 03:28 PM

Bravo! Well done.

bravesfanforlife88
08-11-2017, 03:43 PM
Adding to that the increasing population in the Cobb county area. This whole project is coming together and could become very lucrative.

Seems like it is. We should take part of the revenue and invest in dealing Markakis or kemp. Promote Acuna next season. Ten of lan to spend big next offseason when you have a really good free agent class