PDA

View Full Version : Minter up

Hawk
08-23-2017, 09:45 AM
Grant McAuley
@grantmcauley
According to a source, the #Braves are expected to call up LHP A.J. Minter from AAA today.

---

F.

thethe
08-23-2017, 09:45 AM
Nice - Love seeing the kids get called up. hopefully we can get more stability in the pen for next season.

The Chosen One
08-23-2017, 09:46 AM
Bring up all the kids who could be potential bullpen arms. Need to see what they got now.

bravesfanMatt
08-23-2017, 09:48 AM
Nothing like filling up that 40 man roster... should be a fun and interesting off season.

Tapate50
08-23-2017, 09:49 AM
Hell yeah. Wanted to see this guy for a while.

UNCBlue012
08-23-2017, 10:10 AM
Sweet! Now this is a good move!

Super
08-23-2017, 10:46 AM
I don't get it.

Jaw
08-23-2017, 10:49 AM
Was he going to have to be on the 40 man this offseason anyway?

Either way, it's exciting to see the kids play. I try to forget about rule 5 and other roster concerns when I can.

Enscheff
08-23-2017, 10:52 AM
Minter seems like a ticking time bomb. Might as well have him producing at the MLB level until his arm falls off.

Super
08-23-2017, 10:55 AM

nope. was drafted in '15.

bravesguy
08-23-2017, 11:01 AM
Nothing like filling up that 40 man roster... should be a fun and interesting off season.

Kroll is about to come of the DL...DFA him as we now have a replacement LHP in Minter.

50PoundHead
08-23-2017, 11:06 AM

Either way, it's exciting to see the kids play. I try to forget about rule 5 and other roster concerns when I can.

No. He had another year. I think it's an incredibly dumb move.

rico43
08-23-2017, 11:26 AM
No. He had another year. I think it's an incredibly dumb move.

If he hadn't had the early season setback, he was in the plans to be called up before June. He's an older, college guy(24 in two weeks) and ready is ready.

For the hundreth time, you can't call them all up at the same time; you have to stagger their clocks to better pay the longer, bigger contracts.

Enscheff
08-23-2017, 11:28 AM
If he hadn't had the early season setback, he was in the plans to be called up before June. He's an older, college guy(24 in two weeks) and ready is ready.

For the hundreth time, you can't call them all up at the same time; you have to stagger their clocks to better pay the longer, bigger contracts.

Minter will likely not even last through his arb years. The Braves will be lucky if he even reaches arb before blowing up.

There are a few players worth considering service time...Minter is not one of them.

nsacpi
08-23-2017, 11:31 AM
Minter will likely not even last through his arb years. The Braves will be lucky if he even reaches arb before blowing up.

There are a few players worth considering service time...Minter is not one of them.

The issue with Minter is more the 40-man spot. Not that it is a yuge issue. We are unlikely to have any sort of 40-man roster crunch this off-season.

clvclv
08-23-2017, 11:45 AM
Wonder if this is a precursor to a DFA for Brothers. Fried goes back down to start, and Brothers gets cut loose when Krol is activated.

steveAKAslick
08-23-2017, 11:54 AM
Grant McAuley
@grantmcauley
According to a source, the #Braves are expected to call up LHP A.J. Minter from AAA today.

---

F.

JB Moss let the cat out of the bag last night on Twitter...why option Fried though seems counterproductive

steveAKAslick
08-23-2017, 11:57 AM
With that said, he better be used in late inning situations, not just wasted in garbage games...Minter, Ramirez, Arodys - 7th, 8th and 9th is a nasty backend if Minter can stay healthy (big if)

Enscheff
08-23-2017, 11:57 AM
With that said, he better be used in late inning situations, not just wasted in garbage games...Minter, Ramirez, Arodys - 7th, 8th and 9th is a nasty backend if Minter can stay healthy (big if)

At this point, all games are garbage games.

steveAKAslick
08-23-2017, 12:01 PM
At this point, all games are garbage games.

I know what you're saying , I worded it wrong I guess...should have said mop up time when their down a lot of runs and the game is "out of reach"

The Chosen One
08-23-2017, 12:17 PM

Yeah I don't expect the Braves to hang on to relievers for a long time. If there's one thing Wren was decent at was stocking bullpens with reliable arms. Hopefully they continue that trend.

Southcack77
08-23-2017, 02:38 PM
The issue with Minter is more the 40-man spot. Not that it is a yuge issue. We are unlikely to have any sort of 40-man roster crunch this off-season.

Then why did you up vote the comment that it was an incredible dumb move?

This seems like it doesn't matter at all.

nsacpi
08-23-2017, 03:00 PM
Then why did you up vote the comment that it was an incredible dumb move?

This seems like it doesn't matter at all.

We I agree with the comment. Maybe not to the extent of adding the incredible part. But I agree with it.

In general, I believe that service time management and 40-man roster management has been poor by the current FO.

Southcack77
08-23-2017, 03:10 PM
We I agree with the comment. Maybe not to the extent of adding the incredible part. But I agree with it.

In general, I believe that service time management and 40-man roster management has been poor by the current FO.

But you don't actually seem to be concerned with Minter's service time and I'm sure you don't actually see an immediate 40 man roster concern because there isn't a whole lot of case to be made that there is one given the dead weight on it now.

nsacpi
08-23-2017, 03:17 PM
But you don't actually seem to be concerned with Minter's service time and I'm sure you don't actually see an immediate 40 man roster concern because there isn't a whole lot of case to be made that there is one given the dead weight on it now.

I'm not as concerned with Minter's service time as I am with the guys who are likely to make up our competive core. Swanson, Albies, Acuna. Among the starting pitching prospects, I think it would be a significant mistake to bring up Gohara or Soroka this season.

Southcack77
08-23-2017, 04:20 PM
I'm not as concerned with Minter's service time as I am with the guys who are likely to make up our competive core. Swanson, Albies, Acuna. Among the starting pitching prospects, I think it would be a significant mistake to bring up Gohara or Soroka this season.

Ok, I think I understand how you feel -- it doesn't explain the up vote especially, but I get where you are coming from. I don't see any chance Soroka is promoted. I think Gohara probably will be if I had to bet.

WaitingFor2017
08-23-2017, 08:19 PM
The kid may as well stay in the minors until their season is over. It's the only way he'll see steady work.

Snitker is still managing for a job in 2018, so he will only play Minter in the Akeel Morris and Max Fried blowout roles (imo, both of those guys should be up with Minter).

steveAKAslick
08-23-2017, 08:48 PM
The kid may as well stay in the minors until their season is over. It's the only way he'll see steady work.

Snitker is still managing for a job in 2018, so he will only play Minter in the Akeel Morris and Max Fried blowout roles (imo, both of those guys should be up with Minter).

Proabably a safe bet if you're judging it by Fried's 4 appearances in about 3 weeks...

PurpleBrave
08-23-2017, 09:39 PM
Well that looked promising

Hawk
08-23-2017, 09:40 PM
Thank you Frank Wren

nsacpi
08-23-2017, 09:51 PM
Great debut for Minty

Chico
08-24-2017, 09:20 AM
Good outing for Minter. I think the time up here will bode well for him and he can start next season as a key lefty out of the pen. He and Lindgren could form a nice young lefty duo.