PDA

View Full Version : Matt Kemp is out for playoffs

NinersSBChamps
09-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Not a huge loss considering he hasn't really played much this season.

Bj1133
09-29-2013, 07:32 PM
Ethier is still a question mark as well

BlackwaterPark
09-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Was just coming to post this. I say we throw every pitch low and inside to Puig after he smashed all those balls off his ankle the other night. Besides the fact the guy kills outside pitches and that was the only place we wanted to pitch him earlier in the year.

NYCBrave
09-29-2013, 09:26 PM
Hanley has been banged up a lot lately, sitting out a lot of games recently. He'll be in there starting in the playoffs, but his back issue could definitely hinder him.

nsacpi
09-29-2013, 09:51 PM
Ethier is still a question mark as well

His ankle isn't well enough to play in the field. But they might activate him and use him as a pinch hitter.

Looks like Skip Schumacher will be the center fielder.

zitothebrave
09-29-2013, 10:17 PM
His ankle isn't well enough to play in the field. But they might activate him and use him as a pinch hitter.

Looks like Skip Schumacher will be the center fielder.

Knowing our luck Skip Schumacher will be the Cody Ross of this post season.

nsacpi
09-30-2013, 06:48 AM
Knowing our luck Skip Schumacher will be the Cody Ross of this post season.

Check out his numbers against Medlen, Kimbrel and Minor.

Dunit24
09-30-2013, 07:54 AM
I wanted to avoid playing the Dodgers because of their starters, but they havent been playing well at all lately. With Kemp being out, and Ethier a question mark, my confidence is up that we can beat them.

Just gotta make Kershaw, Greinke, and Ryu work. We have guys that strikeout a lot, but we also have guys that can put runs up on the board quick, so it will be a interesting series to watch.

NYCBrave
09-30-2013, 08:07 AM

Good thing we have our secret weapon Freddy Garcia to throw at him.

nsacpi
09-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Good thing we have our secret weapon Freddy Garcia to throw at him.

For sure. This series turns on Garcia vs Schumacher.

nsacpi
09-30-2013, 08:11 AM
I wanted to avoid playing the Dodgers because of their starters, but they havent been playing well at all lately. With Kemp being out, and Ethier a question mark, my confidence is up that we can beat them.

Just gotta make Kershaw, Greinke, and Ryu work. We have guys that strikeout a lot, but we also have guys that can put runs up on the board quick, so it will be a interesting series to watch.

Strikeouts are our secret weapon for driving up pitch count. Need at least 3 pitches for a strikeout.

tululush
09-30-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm assuming he's all world vs Meds, Kimbrel and Minor? Not shocking with our luck. Some douche on that team will come out and hit like Chipper in his prime against us. My guess is either Schumacher or Uribe will be the guy. Just the way things always work out for us.

Heyward
09-30-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm assuming he's all world vs Meds, Kimbrel and Minor? Not shocking with our luck. Some douche on that team will come out and hit like Chipper in his prime against us. My guess is either Schumacher or Uribe will be the guy. Just the way things always work out for us.

Was gonna post the same, fully expect it.

Heyward
09-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Wanted to avoid LA but to be the best, gotta beat the best.

Lets strap em up and go.

nsacpi
09-30-2013, 09:34 AM

We have Elliot Johnson to counter that.

ProbationDeac
09-30-2013, 12:20 PM

What are his numbers against Medlen, Kimbrel, and Minor?