PDA

View Full Version : starting time for game 1??

Bdawg2309
09-30-2013, 03:02 PM
according to TBS's tv schedule... braves get the late game http://www.tbs.com/schedule/?selectedDate=10/3/2013&timeZone=1

BlackwaterPark
09-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Of course we would, screw the east coast fans.

nsacpi
09-30-2013, 03:07 PM
I think I'm going to listen to Vin Scully call this series.

Bdawg2309
09-30-2013, 03:14 PM
Of course we would, screw the east coast fans.

not sure if serious or sarcasm......

Dalyn
09-30-2013, 03:15 PM
This is a good thing.

graffy
09-30-2013, 03:17 PM
This is a good thing.

Of course it is a good thing. There is a chance the place will be full for an 8:30pm game. No shot at it being full at 5pm.

The Chosen One
09-30-2013, 03:18 PM
We get the prime time game.

Mainly because our series is more interesting than Cards/NL Central.

Also because a 5pm start time is more convenient for West Coast than 2 PM.

The Chosen One
09-30-2013, 03:19 PM
Of course it is a good thing. There is a chance the place will be full for an 8:30pm game. No shot at it being full at 5pm.

The Wild Card game was 4:15 PM last year, and it was packed.

The 2 home games in the 2010 NLDS were also packed and started around the same time. This ain't your 90's Braves anymore, these are the young guns.

bravesnumberone
09-30-2013, 03:20 PM
So we get to spank Kershaw's ass on primetime? Sweet.

Dalyn
09-30-2013, 03:23 PM

My post wasn't a question, just to clarify.

ProbationDeac
09-30-2013, 03:23 PM

The 2 home games in the 2010 NLDS were also packed and started around the same time. This ain't your 90's Braves anymore, these are the young guns.

I hope you're right. The 1pm afternoon playoff games were terrible for attendance. I certainly agree that the crowds in 2010 were great, one was a Sunday game and the other was still a night game. I hope the crowds are great Thursday and Friday and full of BRAVES fans. I haven't been at Turner Field in the past when they have played the Dodgers. Are there normally a lot of Dodger fans?

bravesnumberone
09-30-2013, 03:26 PM
I will say this. If you live in the Atlanta area, have your ass there. I don't want to hear a bunch of ****ing Dodger fans cheering.

graffy

I think the wild card game was 5:30pm last year. The 2010 games were Sunday/Monday. Big difference between Sunday afternoon and Thursday afternoon. And, there plenty of empty seats in 2005.

Anyway, it won't matter, because the LA TV market will put us in primetime.

The Chosen One
I know it's taboo here, but I'm watching the Wild Card game last year on youtube (entire game is available)...

Two things of note:

1)Electricity was amazing right from the first pitch. Medlen strikes out the first two batters with his excellent Maddux-like command. Vibe and energy int he crowd was awesome, even when we were losing pretty bad and despite all the errors.

2)Fredi got extremely pissed with Holbrooke, reading his lips I saw him drop plenty of f-bombs.

3)Chipper. :(

ProbationDeac
09-30-2013, 03:28 PM
I will say this. If you live in the Atlanta area, have your ass there. I don't want to hear a bunch of ****ing Dodger fans cheering.

Cue long list of excues from Atlanta residents that don't want to go, "Traffic, ticket prices, stadium location, uncomfortable riding the Marta, it's not a football game, traffic, it's not a football game."

bravesnumberone
09-30-2013, 03:29 PM
I know it's taboo here, but I'm watching the Wild Card game last year on youtube (entire game is available)...

Two things of note:

1)Electricity was amazing right from the first pitch. Medlen strikes out the first two batters with his excellent Maddux-like command. Vibe and energy int he crowd was awesome, even when we were losing pretty bad and despite all the errors.

2)Fredi got extremely pissed with Holbrooke, reading his lips I saw him drop plenty of f-bombs.

How he managed to stay in that game is beyond me. Holbrooke must have refused to eject him. I'm not criticizing Fredi, but I would not have left that field.

I refuse to watch it. I hope to God the Cardinals, Dodgers or Red Sox get screwed over by an umpire at some point this postseason.

ProbationDeac
09-30-2013, 03:32 PM
How he managed to stay in that game is beyond me. Holbrooke must have refused to eject him. I'm not criticizing Fredi, but I would not have left that field.

I refuse to watch it. I hope to God the Cardinals, Dodgers or Red Sox get screwed over by an umpire at some point this postseason.

The way Cardinal players acted after the game still pisses me off.

tululush
09-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Couple of things. I was at the game last year with my family. I had just started my new job in May and still took off to go. No excuses people. This year is the same. I've told my bosses I'll be off of work on Thursday and Friday depending on the times of the games. They're both cool with it and even if they weren't I'd call in sick. Heck, even one of my bosses took off both Thursday and Friday and arranged a babysitter while his wife is out of town so he can go to the games.

About the game last year, it was horrid. It was loud as hell though and the only time anyone sat down was in between innings. Everyone was on their feet the entire game. Such a great atmosphere! When we were leaving there was a woman and a man (both Cardinal fans) walking down the tunnel with us and since we were all moving like herded cattle we got to listen to her bitch the whole way down. She wouldn't shut up about how much she hated Atlanta and how she was from St. Louis and she was stuck here and she wished she could go back. Kept talking badly about Atlanta and the Braves. My dad just about lost it and almost told her to eff off and just go back if she was so unhappy. What a bitch.

The way Cardinal players acted after the game still pisses me off.

Bdawg2309
09-30-2013, 05:13 PM
and the time was just confirmed by DOB

stpeteirish
09-30-2013, 05:38 PM
So we get to spank Kershaw's ass on primetime? Sweet.

I think you're bi-polar; full of confidence and then the game starts...

stpeteirish
09-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Maybe the start time announcement will spike ticket sales. I looked at the map on Braves.com this afternoon and there were MANY unsold tickets including about half the upper deck.

bravesnumberone
09-30-2013, 05:47 PM
I think you're bi-polar; full of confidence and then the game starts...

Lol. I'm not bi-polar. I point out dumb stuff during the game, but still have faith we can get it done. I don't think we'll dust Kershaw by a long shot, but I think we can take the series if we play well.

ProbationDeac
09-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Maybe the start time announcement will spike ticket sales. I looked at the map on Braves.com this afternoon and there were MANY unsold tickets including about half the upper deck.

That should help, I am sure a lot of people were waiting to find out the game time. If it's empty for night games, well.... :facepalm:

jpx7
09-30-2013, 05:57 PM
This is a good thing.

Yep: I'll have plenty of time to get to a bar after work.

Bdawg2309
09-30-2013, 06:00 PM
friday they got the early game, which makes sense cause of the cross-country flight.

graffy
09-30-2013, 06:44 PM
friday they got the early game, which makes sense cause of the cross-country flight.

If by early you mean the 3rd game of the day, yes. Could have been a lot earlier.

Freshmaker
09-30-2013, 08:14 PM
That should help, I am sure a lot of people were waiting to find out the game time. If it's empty for night games, well.... :facepalm:

No worries...the place will be packed for both games. I was at that game last year, and the energy was incredible. I think people were just waiting on the game times to be decided. This is a busy week for me at work, and there's no way I could've left early to make a 5pm start. Now that it's at 8:30 though, I will absolutely be there.

NYCBrave
09-30-2013, 09:48 PM

Two things of note:

I took flew down from NYC for this game and booked a one way ticket so I could stay in case of nlds. I had never seen the video footage with commentary so I just watched for the first time two weeks ago on YouTube. I had no idea that Simmons was so far inside the baseline. its hard to watch Chipper's error also. His final at bat where he tips his hat is also hard to watch.

MadduxFanII
09-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Yep: I'll have plenty of time to get to a bar after work.

Man, I remember when you were talking about going off to college. I'm not prepared for this post.

The Chosen One
09-30-2013, 10:02 PM
Man, I remember when you were talking about going off to college. I'm not prepared for this post.

I remember the time you were going off to college... at KU, then Colorado... plus the Indians stuff.

Yeah.

I'm not prepared either.

tululush
09-30-2013, 10:23 PM
8:37 on Thursday and 6:07 on Friday per AtlantaBraves.com

The Chosen One
09-30-2013, 10:29 PM
8:37 on Thursday and 6:07 on Friday per AtlantaBraves.com

Excellent news. More than enough time for me get some chores and errands done before each game.

NinersSBChamps
09-30-2013, 11:35 PM
Excellent news. More than enough time for me get some chores and errands done before each game.

I work 4:30-9 Thursday night. I get off at 4 on Friday. Looks like for game one I will be disabling my score center app on my phone. DVR the game and making sure the tv isn't on TBS when I turn it on.

tululush
09-30-2013, 11:47 PM
Excellent news indeed. I don't have to leave work early on Thursday and will leave for the stadium at 5:30 after work and get there two hours before first pitch. And then on Friday I'll leave around 3:30 and only have to take off two hours and still make it to the stadium two hours before first pitch. Only thing left is for us to sweep the two games :).

stpeteirish
10-01-2013, 06:18 AM
I work 4:30-9 Thursday night. I get off at 4 on Friday. Looks like for game one I will be disabling my score center app on my phone. DVR the game and making sure the tv isn't on TBS when I turn it on.

I know that drill. You also have to avoid bumping into any random people who will tell you what happened.

tululush
10-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Just wear ear plugs and tell everyone to shut up, haha.

I know that drill. You also have to avoid bumping into any random people who will tell you what happened.

tomahawkchop
10-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Anyone in the NYC area going out to a bar to watch Thursday/Friday's game? I was at Foley's (when they re-named it Chipper's for a weekend), but was thinking of going to a sports bar with more/bigger TVs...and was wondering if there's an actual "Braves" bar in the city?

NYCBrave
10-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Anyone in the NYC area going out to a bar to watch Thursday/Friday's game? I was at Foley's (when they re-named it Chipper's for a weekend), but was thinking of going to a sports bar with more/bigger TVs...and was wondering if there's an actual "Braves" bar in the city?

I had been looking for something of the same. I went to Foley's also when they renamed it, I went on the Sunday after his final game in NY and didn't really see many other Braves fans there. I've gone there a few times to watch games, but don't think there is any official Braves bar in the city.

emk418
10-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Any word on the start time for Sunday. I live in LA now and will do everything I can to be there.

tvsportscaster
10-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Any word on the start time for Sunday. I live in LA now and will do everything I can to be there.

No, but I would probably count on a primetime game, probably 8:30ET or so. There will only be two games that day as its a travel day for AL

jpx7
10-01-2013, 01:22 PM

Tempus edax rerum, indeed.

MadduxFanII
10-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Tempus edax rerum, indeed.

On the other hand, now I get to imagine you as a cursing, carousing, hard-drinking hedonist banned from all the local bars on account of your wild, uncontrollable behavior.

"Damn son, it's JPX7, and he's got his AK! Run!"

Julio3000
10-01-2013, 01:59 PM
On the other hand, now I get to imagine you as a cursing, carousing, hard-drinking hedonist banned from all the local bars on account of your wild, uncontrollable behavior.

"Damn son, it's JPX7! Run!"

... who will cut a ***** and then taunt them with an appropriate Latin epigram or something.

thethe
10-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Witty banter overload!!!! :emot-siren.gif.17:

jpx7
10-01-2013, 02:23 PM

They wouldn't dare ban me. C.R.E.A.M. — That's the second rule, subordinate only to the aforementioned temporal gluttony.

Yogi44
10-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Meaningless fact for the day.... the last year there was a government shutdown due to funding was 1995. Braves World Series Championship year. Maybe history will repeat itself!

emk418
10-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Just got company tickets for game 3 in LA! Hopefully i get to witness a sweep.

Dalyn
10-01-2013, 05:56 PM
I hope to see (if McCann can't go):

Heyward RF
Justin LF
Freeman 1B
Johnson 3B
Simmons SS
Gattis C
BJ CF
P
EJ 2B

buck7580
10-01-2013, 06:35 PM
I hope to see (if McCann can't go):

Heyward RF
Justin LF
Freeman 1B
Johnson 3B
Simmons SS
Gattis C
BJ CF
P
EJ 2B

Maybe have Medlen bat 7th.

The Chosen One
10-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Ok jpx and MFII, enough with the flirting.

NinersSBChamps
10-01-2013, 11:01 PM

Well out in Colorado I don't think there are a lot of baseball fans right now. I'd say the chances are small I hear something before I get home.