10-26-2013, 11:09 PM
Never seen a game end like that. Wow

Jim Joyce got the call right. There looked like clear obstruction

Bj1133
10-26-2013, 11:10 PM
No matter the call there, one team is going to be pissed

Heyward
10-26-2013, 11:12 PM
Thats more on Salty for throwing to 3rd with 2 outs.

Eat it, and let Koji get one more out and take your chances in extras.

Heyward
10-26-2013, 11:13 PM
If only we had 25% of the Cardinals playoff luck/good fortune.

Ridiculous how much luck they get in the playoffs.

Very good team but they've gotten a lot of breaks over the years.

CrimsonCowboy
10-26-2013, 11:16 PM
Thats more on Salty for throwing to 3rd with 2 outs.

Eat it, and let Koji get one more out and take your chances in extras.

Absolutely agree. Two straight losses for Boston thanks to bad throwing decisions

JusticeForAll23
10-26-2013, 11:16 PM
I'm convinced that, many years ago, the baseball gods determined that the St. Louis Cardinals would be their "chosen" team. By that, they would make sure that they received an absurd amount of playoff good fortune and luck. But, in order to balance things out, they would make sure the Atlanta Braves would be the exact opposite of that in the playoffs.

I ******* hate the Cardinals more than any other team in baseball. Them and the Yankees used to be 1a and 1b, but now the Cardinals are an easy #1. It mostly has to do with where I was born and raised, and being around insufferable Cardinals fans my whole life, but I absolutely cannot stand them.

Heyward
10-26-2013, 11:23 PM
Ross should be the Red Sox starter at C now for the rest of the series.

Salty cant hit and hes cost them two games with errant throws.

CrimsonCowboy
10-27-2013, 12:03 AM
One more thing: Give credit to the 3rd base ump Jim Joyce for making that call. IMO, that is a gutsy call to make at the end of any game, much less a World Series game.

COGPK
10-27-2013, 05:54 AM
One question....where was Middlebrooks supposed to go? It looked to me like he had the right to try to catch the ball and the runner jumped out of the baseline, almost intentionally. I don't have a problem with the call but just wonder if the rule says that Middlebrooks was supposed to just stand there and watch the throw go into left field.

The Chosen One
10-27-2013, 06:26 AM
One question....where was Middlebrooks supposed to go? It looked to me like he had the right to try to catch the ball and the runner jumped out of the baseline, almost intentionally. I don't have a problem with the call but just wonder if the rule says that Middlebrooks was supposed to just stand there and watch the throw go into left field.

That's not what's being debated.

Torre said he had his right to field the ball which he tried to do. What the call was, was Middlebrooks putting his legs up and tripping over Craig.

Runnin
10-27-2013, 11:22 AM
It also looked like Craig actually slipped trying to get up and just fell into the legs. Impossible to tell but if Middlebrooks had just not moved he was already in a good position to fairly block Craig.

bravesnumberone
10-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Freaking Cardinals. I was at a party last night with a Cubs fan and a Reds fan. All three of us were furious. Looks like the right call, but that damn luck....

Can't believe I'm having to root for Boston.

50PoundHead
10-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Freaking Cardinals. I was at a party last night with a Cubs fan and a Reds fan. All three of us were furious. Looks like the right call, but that damn luck....

Can't believe I'm having to root for Boston.

I feel ya, but I can't root for the Red Sox and their totally insane fan base. I was actually hoping for a diarrheal outbreak in both locker rooms that would cause an embarrassing series of fecal excretions by players on the field.

Agree that it was a terrible decision by Saltalamacchia to even throw it to 3rd. Maybe his hand got caught in his beard.

Garmel
10-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Ridiculous how much luck they get in the playoffs.

Very good team but they've gotten a lot of breaks over the years.

My dad who's a Cardinals fan even admits to it. After last night he said the Cardinals will probably get another infield fly rule go their way to win the game tonight. :facepalm:

The Chosen One
10-27-2013, 10:52 PM
lol, how many different ways can you end a game in a series?

CrimsonCowboy
10-27-2013, 10:54 PM
So how is tomorrow night's game going to end. Unbelievable.

Pugfan
10-27-2013, 10:56 PM
What a retard getting picked off

Pugfan
10-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Imagine that happening in game 7, lol

Heyward
10-27-2013, 11:38 PM

Game-ending triple play, or walk-off walk.

Pugfan
10-28-2013, 12:40 AM
Walk off balk

cajunrevenge
10-28-2013, 12:52 AM

Carlos Beltran will come up with the bases loaded with the Cards down by 3 in the bottom of the 9th and he will hit a pop fly to left and a meteor will come out of the sky and redirect it over the fence for a game winning home run. ESPN will then spend an hour post game praising Beltran's clutchiness in hitting the ball just right into the meteors path and tell us that the Cards specifically worked on it before game.

CrimsonCowboy
10-28-2013, 10:42 PM
Well, Boston is one game away. Can they solve Wacha Wednesday night?

Heyward
10-28-2013, 11:04 PM
Well, Boston is one game away. Can they solve Wacha Wednesday night?

No, we have a Game 7.....

CyYoung31
10-28-2013, 11:10 PM
Happy for Ross. Miss him.

Runnin
10-29-2013, 12:20 AM
Happy for Ross. Miss him.
Me too X 2.

JusticeForAll23
10-29-2013, 12:55 AM
Carlos Beltran will come up with the bases loaded with the Cards down by 3 in the bottom of the 9th and he will hit a pop fly to left and a meteor will come out of the sky and redirect it over the fence for a game winning home run. ESPN will then spend an hour post game praising Beltran's clutchiness in hitting the ball just right into the meteors path and tell us that the Cards specifically worked on it before game.
And given that it's the Cardinals, no one should bat an eyelid at the bizarrness of the event. After the last half decade or so, I'm convinced the Cardinals are a real life version of the "Angels in the Outfield" Angels. God himself saw the movie 20 years ago, was amused, and decided to actually give it a shot in real life...the Cardinals were his team of choice. All we need for confirmation is some kid to emerge from the Cardinals dugout at some point late in a close game and start flapping his arms.

The Chosen One
10-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Welp.

Congratulations BoSox.

After a god awful year last year, you are World Champs.

nsacpi
10-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Nice to see Lackey get some redemption. The Boston fans were really down on him two years ago.

CrimsonCowboy
10-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Welp.

Congratulations BoSox.

After a god awful year last year, you are World Champs.

Somewhere out there, Bobby Valentine is shouting and cursing.

cajunrevenge
10-30-2013, 10:17 PM
I am just glad the Cards arent winning. Atleast with the Red Sox winning I know out there somewhere there are a whole bunch of pissed off Yankee fans. I bet the Fox announcers call Koji Uehara the best closer in the game in this last inning.

Heyward
10-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Congrats to Boston.

Better them than the worst fans in baseball.

bravesnumberone
10-30-2013, 10:27 PM
Not much of a Red Sox fan, but there really isn't a place that capture the magic of baseball better than Fenway Park.

Congrats to Rossy!!

CrimsonCowboy
10-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Very happy for David Ross. One of the good guys in the game finally gets a ring

CrimsonCowboy
10-30-2013, 11:11 PM
I know he got a lot of negative comments over the years, but I do have to wish Tim McCarver a happy retirement. He did bring a lot of knowledge to the broadcast booth. That was an outstanding tribute to him Fox did to wrap up their coverage.

Have a great retirement Tim.

JusticeForAll23
10-30-2013, 11:28 PM
My Twitter timeline was just awesome to read tonight. I like my friends, but seeing them meltdown and freakout was a treat, because they're your typical douchey, arrogant Cardinals fans.

The Chosen One
10-30-2013, 11:38 PM
Weird, for a bunch of high energy guys, that on-field celebration after the strikeout was rather dull. Just random hugs, no dogpile or jumping up and down really.

Not to mention I've seen more exciting crowds after a World Series clinch.

Runnin
10-30-2013, 11:54 PM
Weird, for a bunch of high energy guys, that on-field celebration after the strikeout was rather dull. Just random hugs, no dogpile or jumping up and down really.

Not to mention I've seen more exciting crowds after a World Series clinch.
It was a foregone conclusion after the 4th inning. For such an exciting series, it ended without drama.

Javyz1fan
10-31-2013, 12:02 AM
Somewhere out there, Bobby Valentine is shouting and cursing.

All while wearing a Groucho Marx disguise!

Dalyn
11-02-2013, 02:27 AM
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/ross2110113.jpg