PDA

View Full Version : Braves select Anyelo Gomez in Rule 5 Draft

Southcack77
12-14-2017, 09:23 AM
24 YO reliever. Pitched at three levels in Yankees organization last season.

Apparently can touch 100. Had a good year last season.

50PoundHead
12-14-2017, 09:31 AM
24 YO reliever. Pitched at three levels in Yankees organization last season.

Apparently can touch 100. Had a good year last season.

Good numbers in 2017 all the way from Low A to one game in AAA.

Link: http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=642667#/career/R/pitching/2017/ALL

clvclv
12-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Guessing Brothers starts out in Gwinnett or Jackson gets released.

UNCBlue012
12-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Really good stats. 87 K's to 21 walks is great as well.

50PoundHead
12-14-2017, 09:44 AM
Doesn't look like we lost anyone from the AAA roster. I figured Peterson was safe. Didn't know about Demeritte. Looks like I was correct about Max Pentecost.

Southcack77
12-14-2017, 09:45 AM
twitter seems to be have some buzz that Braves may have selected him for another team, but don't really know about that.

nsacpi
12-14-2017, 09:52 AM
Promising pick.

The other Yankee pitcher I liked, Nestor Cortes, was picked two picks later by the Orioles. He has more of a chance to make it as a starting pitcher.

Chico
12-14-2017, 10:45 AM
Guessing Brothers starts out in Gwinnett or Jackson gets released.

I think both happen. We have 10 guys now who are slated to be in then pen, are out of options, or have to be kept for Rule 5 reasons

Arodys Vizcaino
AJ Minter
Dan Winkler
Sam Freeman
Jose Ramirez
Josh Ravin
Chase Whitley
Anyelo Gomez
Mauricio Cabrera
Luke Jackson

Enscheff
12-14-2017, 10:49 AM
Doesn't look like we lost anyone from the AAA roster. I figured Peterson was safe. Didn't know about Demeritte. Looks like I was correct about Max Pentecost.

Odd. We were told by experts that those Braves players were in jeopardy, and that Max would be grabbed by a team willing to keep a terrible catcher on the roster all year just so he could PH.

The circle Big Ben is a part of must not know as much as they think.

50PoundHead
12-14-2017, 01:03 PM
Odd. We were told by experts that those Braves players were in jeopardy, and that Max would be grabbed by a team willing to keep a terrible catcher on the roster all year just so he could PH.

The circle Big Ben is a part of must not know as much as they think.

I thought an AL team might take a flyer on Demeritte, but it would have been viewed as a long shot. A guy who can play two IF positions can hide on the bench fairly easily in the AL. That said, there is so much skepticism about his hit tool at this juncture that his glove would have been the only thing he would bring to a team.

Russ2dollas
12-14-2017, 06:48 PM
I thought an AL team might take a flyer on Demeritte, but it would have been viewed as a long shot. A guy who can play two IF positions can hide on the bench fairly easily in the AL. That said, there is so much skepticism about his hit tool at this juncture that his glove would have been the only thing he would bring to a team.

Nobody wants to commit to him being on the mlb roster. If they could have him in the system they’d take him

dak
12-15-2017, 07:04 PM
Just getting a chance to look into Gomez, and he looks like a nice pick for an RP flyer. His delivery looks like it would be pretty tough for hitters to pick up (video from FG below).

https://streamable.com/uo251

Orphan Black
12-15-2017, 07:48 PM
Is his offspeed pitch a split or a curve