PDA

View Full Version : CarGo

zitothebrave
12-17-2017, 06:41 PM
While it almost certainly won't happen. The Braves would be wise to sniff around Gonzalez and see what his price is. If he could be had for a decent rate (maybe something like we paid Markakis but with inflation) he could be a good one. Right now he could plug into RF and move Markakis to LF and improve our OF defense. When Acuna is ready he could move to LF and our OF defense would be quite strong. He won't be an amazing player, but he should be a 1.5-2.5 WAR player the next few years. And he should have a defensive inverse. Coors is notoriously hard to play defensively in the outfield moving out of their to Atlanta shoudl improve it a bit.

Freshmaker
12-17-2017, 06:58 PM
I certainly wouldn't mind CarGo, but my guess is that Acuna will be up fairly early in the season (a few weeks vs a few months). If that's the case we could simply throw Adams out there. Not sure how we could pull this off, but I'd be all for finding a way to trade Neck away and then acquiring Gonzalez

BlackwaterPark
12-19-2017, 12:30 AM
I feel like he only plays about 115 games a season, but haven’t looked for sure.