PDA

View Full Version : Time to Extent Flowers

nsacpi
01-13-2018, 09:41 AM
I'd go up to an AAV of 10M. 2 years with an option.

I think we can get it done for less, but that's what I'd be willing to go up to.

Trend in strikeout rate is impressive and makes me think he is a classic late bloomer.

K percentage: 36.0 in 2014, 28.8 in 2015, 28.0 in 2016 and 22.2 in 2017.

buck75
01-13-2018, 08:56 PM
Flowers had a good year last year batting and catching/framing. He didn’t throw well and he seemed to drop s lot of OF throws at the plate. Most of those were close plays (not necessarily errors). What’cha think?

nsacpi
01-13-2018, 08:59 PM
Flowers had a good year last year batting and catching/framing. He didn’t throw well and he seemed to drop s lot of OF throws at the plate. Most of those were close plays (not necessarily errors). What’cha think?

I think he dropped more throws the year before...the pitchers seem to prefer throwing to him than Suzuki

clvclv
01-14-2018, 10:43 AM
Think I'd start closer to 2/$15 million given the fact that'd still be substantially more than he's ever made. If you offered now, he's likely to sign before anyone gets a chance to even think about him going out on the market.

Skeeter31
01-14-2018, 01:45 PM
Think I'd start closer to 2/$15 million given the fact that'd still be substantially more than he's ever made. If you offered now, he's likely to sign before anyone gets a chance to even think about him going out on the market.

In today’s baseball market, will players ever sign for contracts just because it’s more than they’ve ever made, but below the value that they actually deserve? We’re basically just thinking that Flowers is stupid and will take a deal below market value just because he’s never made that much money. I just don’t think any agent in the business will allow deals like that to go through anymore.

thethe
01-14-2018, 01:57 PM
At this point in his life I bet Flowers wants to stay close to home. Braves will pay him a good penny but slightly less than market value. I think the two will come to an agreement on an extention.

Russ2dollas
01-14-2018, 10:03 PM
He’s stupid underpaid now

I’ve said for a while I’d like them to rip up his deal this year and extend with options. Per aa most recent town hall we are looking at maybe backloaded deals so likely no raise for flowers this year.

I’d do 2/20 with a couple of team options. Even if you really believe in Jackson and Realmuto I think having flowers helps and we have cash.

Enscheff
01-14-2018, 11:28 PM
I think AA will sign one of Grandal or Flowers next offseason. I am 100% certain he knows how to properly value pitch framing, and those guys are as good as it gets.

I’m not going to declare a preference for either just yet, and I would be happy with either on a reasonable deal as things currently stand.