PDA

View Full Version : Biggest News of the Year So Far....

CyYoung31
01-25-2018, 05:17 PM
The XFL is officially making a return. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22213241/vince-mcmahon-gimmick-free-xfl-return-2020

So, they’re still going to call it the “Xtreme Football League” even though they’re planning to cater to soccer moms and hard right wingers? Isn’t that more than a little contradictory?

zitothebrave
01-25-2018, 06:00 PM
If he wants to make this work he has to do a few things.

First I think the runtime aspect is brilliant. Keeping it short and entertaining means less time slot for it to take up and makes it a bit more attractive. Second is he needs to keep travel costs down. I'll talk about why the USL is successful but the NASL is not. USL started mainly east of the mississippi or in California. He'd be best to cluster the 10 teams in the Northeast, Texas/Southeast, and around California. By limiting travel options, the XFL will save a ton of costs which is important. Third is tone down the rhetoric. He'll appeal to an old dying subset if you try to make it a political stand being in the league. I think he'll eventually do that last one because of time.

Krgrecw
01-25-2018, 10:17 PM
The XFL is officially making a return. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22213241/vince-mcmahon-gimmick-free-xfl-return-2020

So, they’re still going to call it the “Xtreme Football League” even though they’re planning to cater to soccer moms and hard right wingers? Isn’t that more than a little contradictory?

Hard right wingers?

I hope it succeeds. Not sure how he’ll fill teams up with players w/o records. That could be a challenge

CrimsonCowboy
01-25-2018, 10:21 PM
That train wreck again?

zitothebrave
01-25-2018, 11:04 PM
Hard right wingers?

I hope it succeeds. Not sure how he’ll fill teams up with players w/o records. That could be a challenge

Especially since he isn't discriminating between any crimes. There's no way that rule will stand. Also the single entity aspect will likely scare a ton of people off.

Carp
01-25-2018, 11:52 PM
I think he'd have been better off purchasing the rights to the Arena Football League and trying to turn it around.

weso1
01-26-2018, 11:00 PM
If it was starting this year it could have been hugely successful. He could have made Kaepernick the headliner and ESPN would have been all over it. It's starting a couple years too late.