PDA

View Full Version : Rant At The Players Thread

CrimsonCowboy
10-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Only fair we have this as well.

gilesfan
10-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Screw all of them.

Skye. They gave it their all, that's all fans need to ask of them.

NinersSBChamps
10-08-2013, 12:14 AM
It would be easier if we listed players who don't deserve to be ranted on.

Chris Johnson, Freddie Freeman, and Jose Constanza. Perhaps Elliot Johnson as well. Freddy Garcia, Luis Avilan, Mike Minor, and Craig Kimbrel.

I believe that leaves 17 players...

Bdawg2309
10-08-2013, 12:15 AM
sell high on medlen?

CrimsonCowboy
10-08-2013, 12:16 AM
You can say they gave their all, but that doesn't win games. It's the results. You're not going to win games with the way this offense did in this series. Especially when one of your best hitters goes hitless in four games and strikes out in all four of his at bats in an elimination game.

gilesfan
10-08-2013, 12:19 AM
They scored 12 runs the last 3 games. That should be enough for T least 2 wins in the playoffs.

Bj1133
10-08-2013, 12:59 AM
Offense put the team in position to win the last 3 games. Pitching was the issue, not the offense

bravesnumberone
10-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Every single one of them contributed something to the success we had. But you can throw out the youth excuse all you want. This team has to become mentally tougher in the postseason.

The Chosen One
10-08-2013, 01:02 AM
They scored 12 runs the last 3 games. That should be enough for T least 2 wins in the playoffs.

What does that say about the pitching that's carried us throughout the year?

As I posted in the other thread, the onyl guys that showed up were Garcia, Minor , Avilan and Kimbrel. And jesus Ayala showed up and he's the one clinically diagnosed with anxiety disorder.

DaneHill
10-08-2013, 01:16 AM
I'd love one postseason where the team is hot. Every frickin' year their bats go stone cold. I can't even remember a single player dominating a postseason like Hanley or Crawford just did. We seem to ALWAYS find ourselves in a cold streak when October arrives. Pitching, defense and bats all disappear. Doesn't matter if we battle down to the last game of the season to get into the play-offs, or if we clinch weeks early. Result is the same, year in and year out.

VOLracious
10-08-2013, 01:22 AM
Anybody relive the Jim Leyritz moment. Mark Whlers and Carpenter both feature 95+ mph fastballs. Wohlers hung breaking pitch to Jimmy and Carpenter hung a breaking pitch to Uribe. Quit trying to trick guys and go with what you got you here. If you're gonna throw Uribe a breaking pitch break it off the outside corner. Don't even try to go inside with. It was so inside no way he could have been trying to break it off the outside edge? Could he? Don't really know what to say about this team and organization. Built for 162 game season but not a 5 game playoff series. We looked nothing like the team that won 96 games.

The problem with being built for 162 game season is that you destroy the mediocre teams and look sub .500 against the good ones. Maybe the Braves are never quite as good as they look during the regular season.

The Chosen One
10-08-2013, 01:24 AM
We played really well against good teams though!

It's not like Cleveland where our season rested upon us dominating crappy teams. We played extremely well against all playoff teams in the regular season.

It's just unreal that there's always a scrub like Uribe who finds a magic moment against us. Uribe, Chris Burke... hell AJ Ellis had a terrible terrible September but you'd never have known the way he hit against us.

Dalyn
10-08-2013, 01:29 AM
The players have the hardest job out there. It isn't a matter of looking at stats/options and making the obvious choice, unlike how managing often is.

That said, Medlen, Teheran, Carpenter, EJ, and McCann really didn't do well at all. Even Heyward, Upton, and Freeman struggled for the most part.

Props to CJ, Gattis, Minor, Kimbrel, and Garcia.

Carp
10-08-2013, 03:02 AM
Aside from Gattis, our 1-5 hitters were complete and utter crap. You can't have that and expect to win a playoff series.

Guess I'll be a Pirates fan for whats left of this season. Hope we can fix some things this off-season

Runnin
10-08-2013, 06:42 AM
We strike out so much because we try to hit HRs when we don't need to. It's ineffective against good pitching and needs to stop.

BJ and Uggla need to find a voodoo witch and sacrifice a chicken.

Jason needs to fix that nervous re-gripping he does. It's the off-season now and time for glaring weaknesses to be addressed. Find a sport psychologist, whatever it takes but we need to quit pretending it's not a problem. Just imagine how good he could be if he didn't handicap himself on every pitch.

All in all, a good season the team should be proud of and one to build on and learn from. It's still a very young team and I look forward to them beating the Mets, Marlins, Phillies and Nats for years to come.

thethe
10-08-2013, 06:47 AM
Braves need to figure out the Upton's.

jdunn
10-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Here's a good one for you...... The Braves had $38.25 million in salary (BMac, BJ, & Uggla) go 0-16 with 9 K's and 1 RBI for the series. So basically, 43% of the payroll was ineffective for the series. I don't care what industry you are in, when 43% of payroll is not pulling their weight, failure is certain.

That, and giving up 7 home runs in 4 games.

gtcway
10-08-2013, 07:59 AM
After last night's "performance" and the whole series, I won't be so upset when McCann leaves. We knew it was coming anyway.

Runnin
10-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Power pitchers and their love of the curve ball. Every pitcher on earth wants to throw 95mph and the very few that can want to strike people out with the off speed pitch.

NYCBrave
10-08-2013, 09:35 AM
I'd love one postseason where the team is hot. Every frickin' year their bats go stone cold. I can't even remember a single player dominating a postseason like Hanley or Crawford just did. We seem to ALWAYS find ourselves in a cold streak when October arrives. Pitching, defense and bats all disappear. Doesn't matter if we battle down to the last game of the season to get into the play-offs, or if we clinch weeks early. Result is the same, year in and year out.

That pretty much sums it up

Heyward
10-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Outside of Gattis and CJ, no one could hit.

Hard to win vs a good team like LA when no one can hit much.

Pitching wise, not much either.

Orphan Black
10-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Why are people forgetting that Freeman still hit over .300 for the series?

Gattis, C. Johnson, and Freeman all hit over .300...Simmons was at .250, and everyone else hit below .200. Pretty tough for your 3 and 4 guys to do anything meaningful when the 1 and 2 guys were hardly on base.

Knucksie
10-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Pitching staff ERA over 8.00 going into last night's game.