PDA

View Full Version : Does Cobb Suddenly Make Sense At This Point?

clvclv
03-17-2018, 11:17 AM
I don't think so, but IF they could add him on a one-year deal like the Twins did Lynn is he now a fit in Atlanta?

A Teheran, Cobb, Newcomb, Folty, McCarthy rotation buys you all the time you need for Gohara and Soroka, and you could probably get something really good for him at the deadline (maybe even better if you ate the money he would be owed).

If there is $8 million or so available (even if that pushes a little past the budget), is there a better investment at this point?

Freshmaker
03-17-2018, 11:34 AM
I'd say pass. This year we need to see what we have with the young guys. If/when McCarthy gets hurt maybe we can look at bringing a vet in, but right now I don't see the need.

Are you doing the fantasy league again this year? Saw you renewed it but haven't seen you post anything on it

smootness
03-17-2018, 12:17 PM
Cobb always made the most sense. It's where your fans are.

clvclv
03-17-2018, 12:42 PM
I'd say pass. This year we need to see what we have with the young guys. If/when McCarthy gets hurt maybe we can look at bringing a vet in, but right now I don't see the need.

Are you doing the fantasy league again this year? Saw you renewed it but haven't seen you post anything on it

I wasn't the commish - saw it had been renewed, didn't know if that was automatic or not. I'm in if everyone else is - didn't see a draft date posted.

Heyward
03-17-2018, 12:45 PM
Im ok with Newk, Julio, Gohara, McCarthy and Folty.

clvclv
03-17-2018, 12:53 PM
Let me qualify the question a little better.

Apparently the Yankees are interested in him if they can get him cheaply enough. Say AA can sign him for 1 year and $8 million and then send New York Cobb and $3 million for Frazier, do you pull the trigger?

In essence you are buying Frazier for $5 million.

BeanieAntics
03-17-2018, 12:57 PM

Apparently the Yankees are interested in him if they can get him cheaply enough. Say AA can sign him for 1 year and $8 million and then send New York Cobb and $3 million for Frazier, do you pull the trigger?

I think it is more of a question of ability rather than want. I'm not sure we have the ability to sign Cobb right now for 8 million and I'm not sure he would take a contract that is 33% lower than what Lynn got. Based on what we have seen so far this offseason, its pretty reasonable to assume that our coffers are pretty bare at the moment.

CyYoung31
03-17-2018, 01:01 PM
Thought this was a Cobb County thread.

Enscheff
03-17-2018, 01:20 PM

Yet more proof you have no idea how to value players.

nsacpi
03-17-2018, 01:34 PM
Thought this was a Cobb County thread.

I thought it was about Ty Cobb...the lawyer

clvclv
03-17-2018, 01:37 PM
Yet more proof you have no idea how to value players.

Then why did you bother to read the thread?

Go check something on FanGraphs and post it here - maybe someone from the front office will get the info to Snitker since I'm quite sure they're following your every post.

Enscheff
03-17-2018, 01:58 PM
Then why did you bother to read the thread?

Go check something on FanGraphs and post it here - maybe someone from the front office will get the info to Snitker since I'm quite sure they're following your every post.

I read it in the off chance you came up with your first actual contribution to the board.

Needless to say, you didn’t.

Stick to posting links from other sites. You can handle menial tasks like that and realty paperwork.