Soroka
Allard
Wright
Muller
Anderson
Wentz
Touki
Wilson

This was just on the future’s side, and doesn’t include weigel (I like him a lot). Throw in gohara and Newcomb, and this is very impressive.

Loved muller hitting 96-97

UNCBlue012
03-28-2018, 07:44 AM
Right? I thought the exact same thing. We are STACKED for the future.

bravesfanMatt
03-28-2018, 09:41 AM
Wish we could have watched it

msstate7
03-28-2018, 09:45 AM
Wish we could have watched it

Yep. Listening was pretty cool though. The fans booed loudly when Newcomb struck out acuna on a check swing. Thought this was hilarious

sturg33
03-28-2018, 10:28 AM
We know based on the last crop that 70% of these arms will amount to nothing

msstate7
03-28-2018, 10:32 AM

Compare the last crop with their equivalent in this crop. I think this group is much better.

Super
03-28-2018, 11:14 AM
Kiley McDaniel

@kileymcd
55s56 seconds ago
More
For those asking, Kyle Muller hit 97 last night on scouts guns as well, worked mostly 94-97. And as if the results weren’t enough evidence, Cristian Pache has made a swing change.

Southcack77
03-28-2018, 11:27 AM
Kiley McDaniel

@kileymcd
55s56 seconds ago
More
For those asking, Kyle Muller hit 97 last night on scouts guns as well, worked mostly 94-97. And as if the results weren’t enough evidence, Cristian Pache has made a swing change.

Well that’s a horse of a different color.

UNCBlue012
03-28-2018, 11:34 AM
Kiley McDaniel

@kileymcd
55s56 seconds ago
More

Our farm system gets better and better. Love it.

thewupk
03-28-2018, 11:50 AM
Our farm system gets better and better. Love it.

Praise Hart and Coppy

chop2chip
03-28-2018, 11:52 AM
Kiley McDaniel

@kileymcd
55s56 seconds ago
More
Muller is a true break out candidate this year. If he’s pumping mid 90’s consistently he is going to skyrocket up lists.

msstate7
03-28-2018, 11:54 AM
Praise Hart and Coppy

They did get everyone of those pitchers in OP. Looks promising right now. Newcomb was acquired at a big expense though

TheBravos
03-28-2018, 08:04 PM

Well...I think the ceiling of this crop of pitchers is much higher than the Wisler Blair types. Yes, they were in the top 100 at one time, but they were not high draft pick/big talent type guys. The “stuff” on the list above is MUCH better and if you notice...the “stuff” guys in the last crop are the ones sticking so far. If also gives them the chance to be bullpen peices if they can’t stick as starters.

thethe
03-29-2018, 07:08 AM
I think an important thing to note is that this pitching crop has already exceeded the normal assumption's for attrition. This many arms should not have excelled at the higher levels of the minors. To me that gives an indicia tin we will see an overperformance in totality when considering major league success.

50PoundHead
03-29-2018, 07:18 AM
Muller is a true break out candidate this year. If he’s pumping mid 90’s consistently he is going to skyrocket up lists.

Provided he can consistently hit the strike zone. Good to see the increase in velocity though.

nsacpi
03-29-2018, 09:06 AM
I think an important thing to note is that this pitching crop has already exceeded the normal assumption's for attrition. This many arms should not have excelled at the higher levels of the minors. To me that gives an indicia tin we will see an overperformance in totality when considering major league success.

how many have succeeded at the higher levels

Super
03-29-2018, 09:49 AM
how many have succeeded at the higher levels

all who have tried?
allard, soroka, gohara, newcomb. fried only had a little taste but a solid FIP and xFIP.

thewupk
03-29-2018, 09:56 AM

Getting an over performance from this group would make it right for having to watch Braves pitchers fall like flies during the Wren era.

Enscheff
03-29-2018, 09:59 AM
I love the “this group of pitchers is different than the other groups before them” comments haha.

The Braves are certainly due for some better injury luck though.

msstate7
03-29-2018, 10:05 AM
I love the “this group of pitchers is different than the other groups before them” comments haha.

The Braves are certainly due for some better injury luck though.

Do you think Newcomb, gohara, Wright, and soroka equal sims, fried, Blair, and wisler? I didn’t include folty, but the jury is still out on him

Jaw
03-29-2018, 10:17 AM
Do you think Newcomb, gohara, Wright, and soroka equal sims, fried, Blair, and wisler? I didn’t include folty, but the jury is still out on him

I don't think they're coming back.

bravesfanforlife88
03-29-2018, 10:20 AM
Just a thought going into this offseason and beyond....

Gohara
Fried
Newcomb
Allard

We aren't going to have 4 lefties in the rotation and may not have more than 1.....with Soroka, Wight, Teheran, Folty, etc. who are the odd men out

Teheran
Folty
Gohara
Soroka
Newcomb

That's my best guess going into 2019, unless we make a trade or sign a starter....Fried goes to the bullpen I think.

Carp
03-29-2018, 10:24 AM
Kiley McDaniel

@kileymcd
55s56 seconds ago
More

Swing change could be big. He didn't have a swing conducive to much home run power before. If this swing change allows him to add power to his game, he could be a legit top 10 prospect just like Acuna. Basically all the other tools are already there.

thethe
03-29-2018, 10:31 AM
all who have tried?
allard, soroka, gohara, newcomb. fried only had a little taste but a solid FIP and xFIP.

Basically this...not sure how it can be argued our pitching prospects have already exceeded the normal assumed attrition rate.

thethe
03-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Getting an over performance from this group would make it right for having to watch Braves pitchers fall like flies during the Wren era.

Still cry about medlen.

blueagleace1
03-30-2018, 01:15 AM
Still cry about medlen.

Don't forget Beachy! He was so enjoyable to watch and seemed like a very genuine person! Very easy to like and pull for just like Meds!